Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live (131090 Views)

Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS / Oyo Gov Election result collation(Live update from inec office AGodi Via B.C.O.S / Election Collation Officer Nabbed In Ondo State - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by sniperwolf(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
DesChyko:
Just drove past Ahiara Junction in Ahiazu-Mbaise L.G.A like twenty minutes ago and I met crazy celebrations there. Had to stop and they were like 'Ihedioha has been declared the winner'.
But here, I'm getting a different news.

Ihedioha won in Nairaland, while Rochas won in Imo State

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by millionaireman: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Okorocha leads in 19 LGAs in Imo

APRIL 12, 2015 : CHUX OHAI, OWERRI

Results of the 2015 governorship election collated in Imo State show Governor Rochas Okorocha clearly winning in 19 out of 27 Local Government Areas.

Okorocha, who is the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Imo State, has so far polled about 373,269 votes in Ideato North, Ideato South, Isu, Nkwerre, Nwangele, Onu-Imo, Orsu and Njaba LGAs.

Other local governments where the governor has the majority votes are Owerri Municipal, Okigwe, Oru West, Owerri North, Ihitte-Uboma, Ehime-Mbano and Mbaitoli.

Also, Okorocha won in Orlu, Owerri West, Obowo and Ikeduru ahead of the candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Emeka Ihedioha, who polled over 200,000 votes, and Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho of the All Progressives Grand Alliance.

Although the conduct of the governorship and state House of Assembly elections has been generally hailed as peaceful, there were widespread allegations of ballot box snatching and irregularities in some wards and polling units.

Results were cancelled in some LGAs, such as Isu, Nwangele, Ngor-Okpala and Obowo.

Also, voting did not take place in over 30 polling units in the state, particularly in Ikeduru, Obowo, Oguta, Oru West and Ezinihitte LGAs.

While some members of the National Youth Service Corps on election duty in Ohaji-Egbema were allegedly attacked and brutalised by hoodlums, security agents arrested about five unidentified men dressed in fake Army uniforms and armed with AK47 rifles as they attempted to snatch ballot boxes in Aboh-Mbaise LGA on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Iheanacho on Sunday called for the cancellation of the governorship election on the ground that it was fraught with malpractices.

http://www.punchng.com/news/okorocha-leads-in-19-lgas-in-imo/
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Amaechi5(m): 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Re-calculated result for Oru East

APC: 4,767
APGA: 49
PDP: 822
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Whizzcute(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
INEC just cancelled the election in six wards
out of the 10 in Oru East Local Government, in
Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Whizzcute(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Re-calculated result for Oru East APC: 4,767
APGA: 49 PDP: 822

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Whizzcute(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
INEC have not officially declared anybody winner yet

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by wiloy2k8(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
Vickybee:

Okorocha has done well for Imo state. We want him.

Btw, what's 042?

042 means Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Tinyemeka(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
akthedream:
..save your rant and visit the nearest clinic to test your Bp if need be.Okorocha will be your Governor come may 30..lol

You have your mouth.

Time will tell.
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by konjivity: 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
xtianh:

going by this your write-up your bro is throughly not due for service. Because if he is due his intelligency should have influenced your reasoning ane your spelling skills.
You didn't do any better either, in both spelling and grammar. For example 'throughly', 'intelligency', 'ane'…
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Cuche: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
I was already thinking the PDP rigging machinery will carry the day based on earlier results. As a matter of fact, I was busy analyzing what this portends for the Ibo and the likely ministerial portfolio Okorocha will occupy should there be a new government.
It is good to hear that Okorocha is leading at least a voice for this zone at the center

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Tinyemeka(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Walelavender:
Rochas has got a lot of definite winning skills. Congrats to him. He shouldn't dissapoint Imolites

This was the same sentiment shared in 2011 that eventually led to disappointments.
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by konjivity: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Now that Rochas looks poised to remain in government house for another 4 years, he should leave rhetorics and other distractions to deliver quality infrastructure to Imo people. The quality of what he has done so far leaves a lot to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Chidozieude: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nicholas Ibekwe ‏@nicholasibekwe

Due to the number of cancelled votes (144,715) in relation to the margin of win (79529) the RO just Declared Imo election inconclusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Amaechi5(m): 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Alright everybody till 2moro.

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Farnesyl1989: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Due to the number of cancelled votes (144,715) in relation to the margin of win (79529) the RO just Declared Imo election inconclusive.Just heard that from radio Nigeria @11:25pm

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by chigopal: 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:

Due to the number of cancelled votes (144,715) in relation to the margin of win (79529) the RO just Declared Imo election inconclusive.
. Which area was cancelled?
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
90 percent of the votes cancelled came from areas APC won convincely.

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by meforyou1(m): 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:

What does this mean again?
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by meforyou1(m): 11:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cajetanspeaks:
90 percent of the votes cancelled came from areas APC won convincely.
No, Ohaji egbema, Ezinitte Mbaise, areas PDP won

1 Like

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by MrT2011(m): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
fvck. I kill homo...
grin
Can u kill a spirit? undecided

If I friend u and like u, it will only take me making u my toy to capture your soul cool
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2015
meforyou1:
No, Obaji egbema, Ezinitte Mbaise, areas PDP won
I said 90 percent with those areas in mind.
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Caseless: 12:02am On Apr 13, 2015
MrT2011:

grin
Can u kill a spirit? undecided

If I friend u and like u, it will only take me making u my toy to capture your soul cool
grin grin
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Mhudi: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2015
shachris:

your own better. Me i no even comot today. I just dey house the monitor the result. this is the most important election for me. sad
Why is it so important for you?
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Sooroptimist1: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2015
meforyou1:
What does this mean again?

What that means is that

If the electoral body cancels polling units whose total votes is more than the difference between two contestants such that the 2nd person( Ihedioha) mathematically has a chance to stage a comeback then elections would have to be reconducted in those places earlier cancelled but if the total cancelled votes is less than the difference between two leading candidates then there would be no need for a re-election

Now you know Okorocha is leading Ihedioha by about 72000 votes while the Total amount of Registered voters whose votes were cancelled is 114,000

Then the electoral act assumes that it will not be fair not to allow 114,000 individuals vote as those people might all vote for Ihedioha( Mathematical assumptions)

But assume the number of registered voters from the cancelled areas were less than 72000 even if its 71,999........in as much as if you add the whole 71,999 to ihedioha's score,he might still not overtake Okorocha THEN there would be no need for another election being conducted in those areas cancelled

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by charlyge(m): 12:34am On Apr 13, 2015
#ImoDecides
APC: 385,671
PDP: 306,141
Winning Margin: 79,530
Number of Votes Cancelled: 144,715
Difference: 65,185

Election is Inconclusive
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 13, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

What that means is that

If the electoral body cancels polling units whose total votes is more than the difference between two contestants such that the 2nd person( Ihedioha) mathematically has a chance to stage a comeback then elections would have to be reconducted in those places earlier cancelled but if the total cancelled votes is less than the difference between two leading candidates then there would be no need for a re-election

Now you know Okorocha is leading Ihedioha by about 72000 votes while the Total amount of Registered voters whose votes were cancelled is 114,000

Then the electoral act assumes that it will not be fair not to allow 114,000 individuals vote as those people might all vote for Ihedioha( Mathematical assumptions)

But assume the number of registered voters from the cancelled areas were less than 72000 even if its 71,999........in as much as if you add the whole 71,999 to ihedioha's score,he might still not overtake Okorocha THEN there would be no need for another election being conducted in those areas cancelled
The number of Pvcs collected is what should be put into consideration and not number of registered voters.
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by Whizzcute(m): 4:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Summary of Final Result in Imo APC: 385,671
PDP: 306,142 Margin of win: 79,529 Cancelled
Votes: 144,715 Verdict: Election is
Inconclusive
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by GreenCap: 4:29am On Apr 13, 2015
No comment!
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by amaralizzy40y: 7:55am On Apr 13, 2015
Dat inec man shld stp beating around d bush and declare rochase d winner. afteral if jega calculate d numba of vote cancelled all over nigeria jonathan can stil meet up buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by amaralizzy40y: 8:11am On Apr 13, 2015
Ihedioha shld beta accept defeat at dis early stage and answer STATESMAN IN IMO dan to be put to shame at d end.Even if he gets 100,000 and rochase get 44,715 he is stil nt going anywere.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by amaralizzy40y: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls somebody shld tel me d cancelled local govt let me draw my conclusion.
Re: Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live by meforyou1(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
shachris:

Chief Ezuma graded a federal road? Dude stop smoking weedi mazi okoye
next time say what you know.

Uche Ohia - Immediate Past President, General Arondizuogu Patriotic Union (APU)

DR. INNOCENT OZOEMENA EZUMA (ZUMEX): A PATRIOT AND A PHILANTHROPIST...

Driving down to Arondizuogu from Akokwa, a major rehabilitation of our roads is in progress. The terrible portion at Ikpeze has been fixed. The rehabilitation continues right down to PADESCO and onwards to Onu Imo. On inquiry, it was revealed that the heavy duty equipment on both sides of the road close to the TOTAL Petrol Station after Ikpeze belong to ZUMA Group and that the rehabilitation of roads is a personal effort by Dr. Innocent Ozoemena Ezuma (Ozoigbondu), President/CEO, ZUMA Group, a patriotic son of Arondizuogu who hails from the Ezuma Clan of Ndiakunwanta Uno. Apparently, this young man took the opportunity of the burial of his beloved mother, Madam Margret Ezuma (Odibeze, Wetuobi), to give our dilapidated roads a serious face lift.

HRH Eze Innocent C. Mbanefo, Awada Ogbuonyeoma,( Ezediohanma II) recently posted his appreciation to this philanthropist here in this group. According to the royal father, Dr Innocent Ozoemena Ezuma has rehabilitated all the roads in Ndiogbuonyeoma Uno by grading and compacting them. The Eze estimates that Dr. Innocent Ozoemena Ezuma has single-handedly rehabilitated up to 30km of Arondizuogu roads, namely:
• Akokwa - Onu Imo which is a Federal Road (about 23.5 Kilometres)
• Ama Job Akokwa - Eke (1.25km)
• Eke to Ndianiche Uno (about 1.9km)
• Eke to Ndiogbuonyeoma/Umuobom Junction and
• Ugwu ogidi to Afor Ndiogbuonyeoma (about 3.65kms),
• Ndiukwu Padesco to Ndiamazu Oil Mill (about 2.95km)

Stories from the grapevine also abound of various acts of charity and philanthropy attributed to this same Dr. Innocent Ozoemena Ezuma. Given the long suffering which our people have been forced to undergo over the years on account of our dilapidated roads and our depressed economy, the efforts of this patriot and philanthropist to repair our roads and empower some of our people deserve SERIOUS commendation.

May the Good Lord continue to bless, enrich and protect him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.