Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems (3009 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / Exhaust Leak Between Catalyst And Muffer But After O2 Sensors - Worry Or Not? / Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Hello, fellow NL please I need your urgent help, my dashboard was showing the engine check light, and after doing a car diagnostic, it showed the catalyst/sensor fault, so I was asked to change it.... After some months, I went to a mechanic that removed the catalyst from my exhaust and changed it (need I to add, the catalyst he removed and the thing put in are in no way alike, they looked very different, n he did some construction within it (my exhaust)).. after fixing all these, the check engine light was still on the dashboard, of which he used his diagnostic apparatus to reset it...... but in some few days(2 days) time it has appeared again on my dashboard. Please I need urgent help. What are my to Do?
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls post the result of the diagnosis here. Your mechanic is jst moving your car from fry pan to fire. Didn't he get the right catalyst for your car? Why the " kazeem" construction. If he likes let him reshape countless of time. As far as your car is concerned he hasn't done anything. Until he does the right thing whatever fault code stored in your ecu as regards catalyst should permanently go

2 Likes

Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by honmusa(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Hello, fellow NL please I need your urgent help, my dashboard was showing the engine check light, and after doing a car diagnostic, it showed the catalyst/sensor fault, so I was asked to change it.... After some months, I went to a mechanic that removed the catalyst from my exhaust and changed it (need I to add, the catalyst he removed and the thing put in are in no way alike, they looked very different, n he did some construction within it (my exhaust)).. after fixing all these, the check engine light was still on the dashboard, of which he used his diagnostic apparatus to reset it...... but in some few days(2 days) time it has appeared again on my dashboard. Please I need urgent help. What are my to Do?
''That it looks like an apple does not make it an apple '' different cars components : sensors ,actuators ,etc come with different specification .Get the right catalytic converter specification for ur car and ur check engine will disappear.
Lest I forget, how sure are u dt it ur catalytic converter is faulty? Did mechanic run a live data stream to confirm this? cos faulty o2 sensor 2 can trigger this .
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2015
mayor2013:
Pls post the result of the diagnosis here. Your mechanic is jst moving your car from fry pan to fire. Didn't he get the right catalyst for your car? Why the " kazeem" construction. If he likes let him reshape countless of time. As far as your car is concerned he hasn't done anything. Until he does the right thing whatever fault code stored in your ecu as regards catalyst should permanently go
thank Bro, I thought as much because the thing he removed was just so different and the place he brought that thing to fix was also totally different, soldering some things and making different contraptions, I wasn't just comfortable with myself and the things he was just doing, but since it wasn't my field, I just had to relax and watch, plus he assured me it will work very well and just fine... like before, when that sign shows I do a reset with diagnostics, it will take upto 2 months or even more before the sign reappears but right now it didn't even take upto 2 days and that thing reappeared ...... I just do not feel good with this at all....
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
thank Bro, I thought as much because the thing he removed was just so different and the place he brought that thing to fix was also totally different, soldering some things and making different contraptions, I wasn't just comfortable with myself and the things he was just doing, but since it wasn't my field, I just had to relax and watch, plus he assured me it will work very well and just fine... like before, when that sign shows I do a reset with diagnostics, it will take upto 2 months or even more before the sign reappears but right now it didn't even take upto 2 days and that thing reappeared ...... I just do not feel good with this at all....

Get a competent person to do the job for you
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by honmusa(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Call 08061166316 to get the right catalytic converter for ur car.All product sold comes with warrantee
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 11:48am On Apr 13, 2015
honmusa:

Call 08061166316 to get the right catalytic converter for ur car.All product sold comes with warrantee

Are your catalytic converters new or used?
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
honmusa:

please answer the question, the man that commented above asked, how much is It? Re u in Port harcourt?
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by chukel(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
please answer the question, the man that commented above asked, how much is It? Re u in Port harcourt?
guy na dat ur fine corolla u give kazeem to damage? I wish say I de reside for pH, I for help out. Though I'm in town now, but my stay is short lived. Contact 9icetoo.
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
chukel:
guy na dat ur fine corolla u give kazeem to damage? I wish say I de reside for pH, I for help out. Though I'm in town now, but my stay is short lived. Contact 9icetoo.
; oboi; ibeg give me person number I go contact...
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by chukel(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2015
Raymondenyi:
; oboi; ibeg give me person number I go contact...
search his contact on nairaland and send him a pm.
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
mayor2013:

Are your catalytic converters new or used?
honmusa:

. He just did a scan and. Tthats d result

Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
From your result its obvious your kazeem mechanic is just wasting your money. Bank1 catalyst can be accesed right frm your engine bay. That is the first catalyst that runs from the exhaust manifold to the engine. You better rescue your car from his hands. As for the rest of the codes which are pending go to your gas tank cover and check if its properly closed
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
mayor2013:
From your result its obvious your kazeem mechanic is just wasting your money. Bank1 catalyst can be accesed right frm your engine bay. That is the first catalyst that runs from the exhaust manifold to the engine. You better rescue your car from his hands. As for the rest of the codes which are pending go to your gas tank cover and check if its properly closed
bro; thanks; I'll do just that; reall wish I could get a ver compatent person to fix this once n for all; how about buying another exxhaust? Won't dat just solve the probs;
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
Raymondenyi:
bro; thanks; I'll do just that; reall wish I could get a ver compatent person to fix this once n for all; how about buying another exxhaust? Won't dat just solve the probs;

Buying another exhaust when yours is okay. If you are given the price you might frown at it
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Needed
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Needed
if you're using a Toyota with California emission specification standards, SLEV or LEV with upstream and down stream sensors, and your mecho welded the area around the sensor, if there's the tiniest bit of leak, if you or your mecho ant trace and stop the leak, no matter the magic you perform, the CHECK ENGINE monster will always pop up even after install ing a working O2 or AF sensor.
NOTE: O2 sensor is different from AF sensor, although they might look alike but lomomike can spot and differentiate between any of the two.

Snap the bad sensor lemme see and also snap the location where it was removed from.
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by 9icetoo(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2015
Raymond, call me on 08131562123. We can meet over the weekend.
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 17, 2015
lomomike:
if you're using a Toyota with California emission specification standards, SLEV or LEV with upstream and down stream sensors, and your mecho welded the area around the sensor, if there's the tiniest bit of leak, if you or your mecho ant trace and stop the leak, no matter the magic you perform, the CHECK ENGINE monster will always pop up even after install ing a working O2 or AF sensor.
NOTE: O2 sensor is different from AF sensor, although they might look alike but lomomike can spot and differentiate between any of the two.

Snap the bad sensor lemme see and also snap the location where it was removed from.
ok sire, tnx, will do that ....

Aii, 9icetoo
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 04, 2015
Hello y'all, I met with 9icetoo, and he did the necessary check, we then proceeded to aba and purchased new catalyst that was fixed, the anomaly has been correct, 9icetoo is truly a very nice guy indeed, he was of very tremendous help...... Thankz to every other person that contributed in diverse ways with their suggestions I truly appreciate. God bless y'all......
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by chukel(m): 10:41pm On May 05, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Hello y'all, I met with 9icetoo, and he did the necessary check, we then proceeded to aba and purchased new catalyst that was fixed, the anomaly has been correct, 9icetoo is truly a very nice guy indeed, he was of very tremendous help...... Thankz to every other person that contributed in diverse ways with their suggestions I truly appreciate. God bless y'all......
Tnk God 9icetoo was able to help out. Happy for u.

1 Like

Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by chiboyo(m): 10:45am On May 07, 2015
@9icetoo, thanks for the feedback on the dash board lights on RAV '06, would try it and revert back
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Funjay(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2015
Pls let us know the price now. My 2005 Corolla has been running without a cayalyst for a while. Local mecos around me has promised to fix it but I have been very afraid cos of this same issue you highlighted. Eony mind a professional touch.

Raymondenyi:
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 07, 2015
Funjay:
Pls let us know the price now. My 2005 Corolla has been running without a cayalyst for a while. Local mecos around me has promised to fix it but I have been very afraid cos of this same issue you highlighted. Eony mind a professional touch.

i spent about 40K to buy the catalyst and got the mess fixed...... pls do not make same mistake I did
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by zzeekkee: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hi gurus, I need help.
A check-engine light showed up on my dashboard, I did a scan and this is what it brought up. Please what do I do? I have a Volvo XC90.

U0073: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0504: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0571: Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Circuit
P0863: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by mayor2013: 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
zzeekkee:
Hi gurus, I need help.
A check-engine light showed up on my dashboard, I did a scan and this is what it brought up. Please what do I do? I have a Volvo XC90.

U0073: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0504: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0571: Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Circuit
P0863: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

Is yours an 8 cylinder or 6 cylinders?
Re: Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems by Chikebrain: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
I have same catalyst issue and Spoke with Gazzuzz and he requested i changed the catalyst. Please can you recommend anyone within benin city that can handle this

(1) (Reply)

I Made A Big Mistake Please Advise / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving / Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.