Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions (5715 Views)

"Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio / Amaechi’s Confirmation: Wike Has Been Put To Shame – Rivers APC / INEC Rubbishes Peterside Says That Wike Won Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by amarilo: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
9jatriot:

I actually did not call him a thief or did I. I only reminded people of his antecedence when he was chairman of Obior apor LGA.
On elections, apart from the SS, SE where there was large scale rigging, no other part of the country had that level of [b]blatant [/b]rigging IMO.
That his antecedence can only be corruption and thug like behaviour. Corruption and thieving are the same according to you guys. Again when did we start to benchmark rigging? Rigging is rigging whether blatant or otherwise. What is bad is bad and when you support some cos its done by your people and abhor some cos its done by people you assume to be your enemy Nigeria will remain same.

Its wrong to blame a gov cos he is owning 5 months salary and praise another that is owning one month as many of you do here on daily basis.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by PassingShot(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Raiders:
His first action will be to pay his godmother mama piss her share of Rivers money

9jatriot:

The days of thugs under the name of obhiorpor are back. Hope you are ready to start paying all the various licences that include but not limited to radio license, tv licence, thugery license and the new one will be PEJ residency license
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by ratiken(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Omololu007:
see stupid question,I don't fink u hav heard dat agbaje congratulated ambode yesterday nyt,he accept defeat cos it was free and fair,not lik wat is happenin in rivers

Agbaje congratulated Ambode because he is a gentleman and had nothing to do with free and fair election. Punch and Vanguard as well as sahara reporters were careful not report all the rigging going on in lagos

We heard about the shooting at Ojota.
We heard about the ballot box snatching at Alimosho, Oshodi and Lagos Island.
Picture of nabbed ballot box snatchers at Amuwo Odofin still litter the net.
We are also aware of the missing voting materials at Isolo.

Info about massive polls rigging n lagos abound. So shut it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by HzRF(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
Flets:
3. Its time to take local content seriously. With the current structure of Nigeria, every region must maximise it manpower capacities. Oil and gas jobs for South southerners first before considering any other region.

Time to review the regional staff mix of these companies. If the southerers have to leave lagos then all the yoruba staff earning humongous amounts of money need to leave the delta region.
Wen oil block license expire ss/se should not have less than 60% of d blocs

Itz a must
U must create billionaires overnight if possible to bid
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Flets: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
HzRF:

Wen oil block license expire ss/se should not have less than 60% of d blocs

Itz a must
U must create billionaires overnight if possible to bid

I agree

The South south can turn current happenings to their favour. This is the first time the golden geese is in the opposition.

Just like APC played hard and dirty to get political power, South South must play it hard this time to control her resources and its effects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by ratiken(m): 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
amarilo:
That his antecedence can only be corruption and thug like behaviour. Corruption and thieving are the same according to you guys. Again when did we start to benchmark rigging? Rigging is rigging whether blatant or otherwise. What is bad is bad and when you support some cos its done by your people and abhor some cos its done by people you assume to be your enemy Nigeria will remain same.

Its wrong to blame a gov cos he is owning 5 months salary and praise another that is owning one month as many of you do here on daily basis.

Don't bother responding to that tribalist that always turns reasoning on its head when it comes to issues with lagos politics but will blab away at any southern related politics
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by chrisooblog: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
that wike sef he makes fayose look like nelson mandela smh
PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by sparkleRed(f): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
Omololu007:
see stupid question,I don't fink u hav heard dat agbaje congratulated ambode yesterday nyt,he accept defeat cos it was free and fair,not lik wat is happenin in rivers

Paddy mi, y ve u decided 2 live in denial,ahahah, APC rigged dis election, 4rm all indication, Jimi won, didn't u hear of dat, they voted in oba's palace and in council in kosofe..my brother, mern! APC rigged, they even casted theirselves in my area, by fighting hard 2 deny Moyosore Ogunlewe, his position as house of assembly for kosofe constituency1 d guy won, buh the argument was dat he was 2 young

All parties rigged, so let's stop covering dem up, just dat d best rigger won simple, so saying lagos was free and fair dat my brother is a lie

1 Like

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
Flets:
Now that it's clear that APC has no place in Rivers politics after a whooping 1million votes difference. ... rivers people have spoken. No tribunal will be silly enough to upturn 1million votes.

Actions for Wike

1. In the first three weeks in office, we need to know how much is missing from the coffers of Rivers state under Amaechi. He should be charged straight to court for wasting funds meant to develop rivers state on bankrolling a presidential candidate.

We would be keenly watching to see how the anti-corruption president Buhari would afford to have an endemically corrupt Amaechi in his cabinet.

2. Just like Amaechi saw to the relocation of NLNG to rivers state from Lagos, All oil producing companies with majority of their fields in rivers state must relocate ALL offices down to rivers state from lagos state. 95% of their work forces should operate from their PH bases. These should include but not limited Shell, Agip, Septa, Total etc. This will greatly drive up the economy and development of rivers state.

I expect Delta and Akwaibom to follow suit in dragging back Chevron and Mobil to their operational basis

It is expected that once the IOCs relocate, all the service companies operating with them will follow suit.

You can't dictate to foreign investors you can only appeal to them but I think this one will fall flat. Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria...every major business wants to be there
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
It will be interesting to know how GMB will react when Wike exposes how much Amechi cornered.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Flets: 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
belabela:

You can't dictate to foreign investors you can only appeal to them but I think this one will fall flat. Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria...every major business wants to be there

You are wrong on this one ma'am.
You cant exploit the resources of louisiana and have 75% of your staff operating from texas.

There are many ways to go about it without saying it outrightly. You can come up policies that influence the tax and land use charges such that the local head count of the staff determines the how much gets excluded from their remittance.

In a case where the multinationals have true challenges, they can work with the govt to fix it. It has nothing to do with lagos being the commercial centre. .... their target markets are not located in Lagos. If there are specifics why they cant operate from PH, they can bring it up for discussions. They can have their administrative staff ip in Lagos but less than 5% of total staff strength.

But no sane multinational wants to be on the wrong side of its host government even when there is no incentive for such. They can run you out of business and double/ triple your operating cost.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Flets:

You are wrong on this one ma'am.
You cant exploit the resources of louisiana and have 75% of your staff operating from texas.

There are many ways to go about it without saying it outrightly. You can come up policies that influence the tax and land use charges such that the local head count of the staff determines the how much gets excluded from their remittance.

In a case where the multinationals have true challenges, they can work with the govt to fix it.

But no sane multinational wants to be on the wrong side of its host government even when there is no incentive for such. They can run you out of business and double/ triple your operating cost.

The host government here is the Federal Republic of Nigeria.... you see smiley Rivers state does not award oil contracts in Nigeria it is all done through the Federal government via NNPC. Our fedearlism isn't that federal unfortunately. That is why Tinubu started screaming resource control those days when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos state cos states don't control their resources in Nigeria.

So you cannot compare a US state to Rivers state.

Btw I am a man not a maam grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Flets: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
belabela:

The host government here is the Federal Republic of Nigeria.... you see smiley Rivers state does not award oil contracts in Nigeria it is all done through the Federal government via NNPC. Our fedearlism isn't that federal unfortunately. That is why Tinubu started screaming resource control those days when Obasanjo refused to pay Lagos state cos states don't control their resources in Nigeria.

So you cannot compare a US state to Rivers state.

Btw I am a man not a maam grin grin grin

The host state is rivers state and PAYE tax goes to the state. That is what Rivers state is missing out when they domicile their staff in Lagos.

Federal powers end at the JV agreement and as long as the appropriate volumes are lifted and cash calls made
.... the state remains the host.

In a case where the multinational proves stubborn, the state govt and immediate community host could initiate hostilities that would run them out of business.

I repeat, no sane multinational will say no when there is no need to. If they have challenges, they can bring it up with the state for discussions.

Why did NLNG relocate to Rivers state when Amaechi insisted?
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
Flets:

The host state is rivers state and PAYE tax goes to the state. That is what Rivers state is missing out when they domicile their staff in Lagos.

Federal powers end at the JV agreement and as long as the appropriate volumes are lifted and cash calls made
.... the state remains the host.

In a case where the multinational proves stubborn, the state govt and immediate community host could initiate hostilities that would run them out of business.

I repeat, no sane multinational will say no when there is no need to. If they have challenges, they can bring it up with the state for discussions.

Why did NLNG relocate to Rivers state when Amaechi insisted?

It did not relocate because Ameachi insisted...he lobbyed. You can't bully investors by insisting they must stay in a location. There is more to the news "NLNG reopens PH office" btw it is not only Rivers state that supply NLNG's gas. Wike doesn't have any leverage at the moment to make things happen in this regard. He is in the opposition party and he does not sign contracts with oil investors. If he tries intimidating investors, then he will loose out.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by millhouse: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
correct

Flets:
Now that it's clear that APC has no place in Rivers politics after a whooping 1million votes difference. ... rivers people have spoken. No tribunal will be silly enough to upturn 1million votes.

Actions for Wike

1. In the first three weeks in office, we need to know how much is missing from the coffers of Rivers state under Amaechi. He should be charged straight to court for wasting funds meant to develop rivers state on bankrolling a presidential candidate.

We would be keenly watching to see how the anti-corruption president Buhari would afford to have an endemically corrupt Amaechi in his cabinet.

2. Just like Amaechi saw to the relocation of NLNG to rivers state from Lagos, All oil producing companies with majority of their fields in rivers state must relocate ALL offices down to rivers state from lagos state. 95% of their work forces should operate from their PH bases. These should include but not limited Shell, Agip, Septa, Total etc. This will greatly drive up the economy and development of rivers state.

I expect Delta and Akwaibom to follow suit in dragging back Chevron and Mobil to their operational basis

It is expected that once the IOCs relocate, all the service companies operating with them will follow suit.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by stanech: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
rivers have enough money already all woke. needs to do is to start working from day 1
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Rivers for Riverine people
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Kellygold(f): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
Breeze don blow, fowl yash go open.
Inverter plus battery for only N100,000. Free delivery and Installation within Lagos.
ww.inverterandbattery.com

Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Omololu007(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
sparkleRed:

Paddy mi, y ve u decided 2 live in denial,ahahah, APC rigged dis election, 4rm all indication, Jimi won, didn't u hear of dat, they voted in oba's palace and in council in kosofe..my brother, mern! APC rigged, they even casted theirselves in my area, by fighting hard 2 deny Moyosore Ogunlewe, his position as house of assembly for kosofe constituency1 d guy won, buh the argument was dat he was 2 young

den agbaje should or PDP would av gone to court if is not free and fair,wit wot I see in my area in ikd,is free and fair
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Flets: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
belabela:

It did not relocate because Ameachi insisted...he lobbyed. You can't bully investors by insisting they must stay in a location. There is more to the news "NLNG reopens PH office" btw it is not only Rivers state that supply NLNG's gas. Wike doesn't have any leverage at the moment to make things happen in this regard. He is in the opposition party and he does not sign contracts with oil investors. If he tries intimidating investors, then he will loose out.

You are still not answering the question. You can call it lobby. ... or intimidation. Was there any role played by the state govt to the relocation of NLNG or they moved at will?

In this era of local content, the multinationals must comply or get frustrated out.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Flets:

You are still not answering the question. You can call it lobby. ... or intimidation. Was there any role played by the state govt to the relocation of NLNG or they moved at will?

In this era of local content, the multinationals must comply or get frustrated out.

Have you asked yourself why Delta state or Akwa Ibom is not entitled to same?

The word local in the local content act means Nigeria not Egbema, Portharcourt or Omoku in Rivers state.

There is nothing automatic that the oil coys must be based in Rivers state.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
he should free up the judiciary completely which has been in disarry for sometime.... i was in a taxi in ph the other day and driver said there were so many people who shouldn't be in jail but are there because the courts have not been available to judge their cases and they are just languishing in jail and it is amaechi's fault.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
sparkleRed:

All parties rigged, so let's stop covering dem up, just dat d best rigger won simple, so saying lagos was free and fair dat my brother is a lie
hahaha sparkle red I now bliv u live at Ojota/ Ogudu... mehn it was tough yesterday, dose Apc guys wit cutlass.. I m angry at wat dey did to ogunlewe...
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by sparkleRed(f): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
crixtex:

hahaha sparkle red I now bliv u live at Ojota/ Ogudu... mehn it was tough yesterday, dose Apc guys wit cutlass.. I m angry at wat dey did to ogunlewe...

My brother na so oo, u live @ Buhari den? smiley
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Flets: 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
belabela:

Have you asked yourself why Delta state or Akwa Ibom is not entitled to same?

The word local in the local content act means Nigeria not Egbema, Portharcourt or Omoku in Rivers state.

There is nothing automatic that the oil coys must be based in Rivers state.

Delta and Akwaibom are entitled to same and they should be embracing same soon.

This is the first time the oil and gas regions are in the opposition and expect them to milk every available opportunity, policy and loophole in the system.

What do you know about the community development templates in the terms of NCDMB? You think it ends at with employing welders, fitters and scaffolders. Now we shall know what it truly means to have the golden geese in the opposition.

If the state governments wants the multinational down in the operating area, its one of the simplest lobbies cum intimidation to be executed by any desperate opposition govt.

You think if Tinubu was from SS and had rivers state in the bag like he has Lagos.... that these companies will be operating from lagos? NEVER!!!
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 14, 2015
sparkleRed:

My brother na so oo, u live @ Buhari den? smiley
At Lagoon estate after Orioke buh I was at Alhaja at dat time......
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Maser: 2:34am On Apr 14, 2015
ratiken:

You are one intelligent dude.
In addition, Wike should liaise with other state governors to come up with some seaport somehow. Maybe the Intels ports partnership needs to be revisited.... Because Atiku should not ripping us in our backyard.

Enough of the dependence on Lagos ports. We must find a local solution.

Its time to see what is truly driving this lagos economy that the yorubas have been yapping about.

You voted in a confirmed tout instead of Dakuku because of your hatred for Amaechi, You'll soon be regreting your choice, that is if the tribunal does not save you from this mess.
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by sparkleRed(f): 7:48am On Apr 14, 2015
crixtex:

At Lagoon estate after Orioke buh I was at Alhaja at dat time......

Ok, alhaja abass my street, yes I ve 2 streets, buhari and alhaja grin
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2015
sparkleRed:

Ok, alhaja abass my street, yes I ve 2 streets, buhari and alhaja grin
whoa.. didnt know u ve two houses. Dats ok. its nice to meet s neighbour in here.... might get to see u one day... Are u one of the Oba's daughters?
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by omoharry(f): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2015
Maser:

You voted in a confirmed tout instead of Dakuku because of your hatred for Amaechi, You'll soon be regreting your choice, that is if the tribunal does not save you from this mess.
AMeachi is a tout and a noise maker just like his party APC. we dont need the likes of Ameachi in River state.In-fact he should change his name to a yoruba name and relocate to Lagos and dine forever his God father Tinubu.APC yOU GUYS ARE Hypocrites who are good at pointing at another's misdeed when you are equally guilty of the same crime. I would rather vote for the known devils than to vote for a snake under the green grass. Apc please leave SS AND SE alone. join with your hausa friends and let us be...
Re: Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions by sparkleRed(f): 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
crixtex:

whoa.. didnt know u ve two houses. Dats ok. its nice to meet s neighbour in here.... might get to see u one day... Are u one of the Oba's daughters?

With a very loud voice no way!, I was born and bred @ alhaja abass, buh we moved 2 buhari 3 yrs ago, so it's still same street 2 me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Yahaya Bello Can Secure Nigeria Beyond 2023: Bello Ambassadors / Nostradamus Unlocked / Troops Deployment: A Gross Betrayal – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.