Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates (21804 Views)

Jonathan's Trekker Oladele In Otuoke As Election Observer(pic) / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Violence Escalates As Suspected APC Supporters Raze PDP Property In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by lalasticlala(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
The Acting Governor of Taraba state Alhaji Sani Abubakar Danladi has declared curfew in the state from 7 pm to 6 am following the post election violent that engulfed the state after the declaration of the state governorship result.
This was made known in a press statement signed by the acting governor on Monday.
The statement said that total compliance to the curfew would help to curtail the foreseen political crisis that would bedevil the state.
Reports reaching Vanguard showed that not fewer than six persons were killed at Sunkani the headquarters of Ardo Kola local government area of the state as a result of the post election crisis.
Jalingo the state capital also witness high level of burning of properties at Narawo village while Army, patroll in Jalingo hav arrested a number of people with weapons.
As at the time of filling this report, there were crisis in Jalingo, Ardo Kola, Gasol and Sadauna local government areas of the state. A younger brother of Mark Useni the speaker Taraba State House of Assembly was said to have been killed by some gunmen in Takum local government area of Taraba state.
Meanwhile the governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party in Taraba state Dickson Ishaku has called on all his supporters to remain calm despite the declaration of the state gubernatorial election as inconclusive by INEC.
The Taraba state Returning Officer for the governorship election, Prof. Muhamed Kyari, declared the governorship election in the state inconclusive following the large number of cancelation of votes in the exercise.
He wondered why INEC decided to cancel the election in Donga Local government area where PDP scored over 36,000 against APC which scored just over 10,000 votes.
“INEC has been cancelling elections in poling units all over the federation where there are problems, I cannot imagine somebody to come and cancel election in a whole local government area where we have 165 poling units because of a problem that affect just 5 poling units.”
“I appreciate the people of Taraba state who came out enmass to vote for me, destiny can be delayed but cannot be changed, am appealing to all my supporters to remain calm as we as responsible people are following the issue with wisdom” Ishaku stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/taraba-acting-gov-declares-7-pm-to-6-am-curfew/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by ozoigbondu: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Good one APC and mama taraba wants to burn the state

lshiaku will win

13 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Mannylex(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
The funny thing is in the North, or rather Nigeria as a whole, curfew seems not to make any impact, even amidst curfew, violence and all stuffs that are aimed at been prevented still thrives. I hope this turns out an exception... I really look forward to a peaceful and prosperous Nigeria, I really look forward.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here

1 Like

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by abduljabbar8: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Why can't we have a free and fair election in Nigeria? Mtchew. I will relocate to Ghana within the next 2 years. Click. Share if you want to go with me. I will pay for the flight

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by hemartins(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmm. They are trying their very best to make sure a woman don't rule them. Too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
May God Help Nigeria
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by modath(f): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
The votes will magically appear before daybreak .

1 Like

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
I hope that peace be still in Taraba State! Let us learn from our shadowy past please. We need peace in Nigeria. Violence is not a sweet soup.

See this thread on amorc :

https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by scofieldsimba(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by paulolee(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
dnT kno wat to say bt just wana comment
pray dt God touches d minds of dose dt ar part of d violence n mk dem realized dt deY ar wasting dier time n lives in trying to achieve dier aim in a wrong way coz dose politicians ar power hungry n dnT care abT d lives dt ar lost, all deY care abT is for power.....
my people ar still perishing bcoz of lack of knowledge....

1 Like

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Olamitisoji(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
It was on air this evening by Premium Times that the People's Democratic Party PDP won the election through INEC's confirmation. Oga oh, all this inconclusive result self. Nah proper strategy this curfew be in other for APC to rig that election.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Maczeelly(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Antell95(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmm
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Boscojugunu(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Pdp
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by zenith4biz(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Henceforth political parties must be mandated to educate their members on matters relating to election and post election

Parties should be held responsible for damage or disruption of public peace caused by their members that would give room for accountability.

SAY NO TO POLITICAL TERRORISM

5 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by tola9ja: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
IF YOU DON'T LAUGH THAT MEANS YOU BELIEVE THIS MAN IS THE BEST VP IN NIGERIANS HISTORY grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Dannyset(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
PDP trying all their best to stop Our first Female Governor! God pass una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by tola9ja: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
pdp is synonymous to violence

1 Like

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by kilokeys(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
lawa o
i can imagine whats happening in tatin doro, eneme, abongshile , mararaba..
baba God thank you for sparing my life 2011
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by nationwide1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Very sadly, it has become a cultural trend in the north to effect their will by taking to violence. This is primitive and must be condemned in strong terms by authorities they are submissive to. Don't they have court there?

With the way it is going if not checked will lead to full blown war someday. History has it that bokoharam started by trying to enforce their will on people as these folks.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Wasquad(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
Fear North! The bible says

2 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by GabrielSuswam(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by ObiOkpor(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
The thieves that decleared the curfew will stil be the “idiot‘s“ to break it pursing their opponent.
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by tbaba1234: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
They have rigged her out, so annoying... I suspect she might win at the tribunal.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wasquad:
Fear North! The bible says

But there was more violence in the SE/SS than tte north.

9 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
we know the people behind it

I'm happy let the north burn to aches

God bless edo state

God bless SS/SE Nigeria
Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by ShowYourCertificate: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
APC have started their violence again. What CPC (which later merged into APC) did in 2011 is still fresh in our memory.

5 Likes

Re: Taraba Govt Declares 7 Pm To 6 Am Curfew As Election Violence Escalates by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Faces Dilemma Over Ondo Governorship Poll / Nigerians Don’t Need Counselling To Reject APC In 2019 – Fayose / Another Lagos APC Factional Chairman Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.