Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products (2662 Views)

How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun / I Need Help To Prevent Further Cracks On My Dashboard. / Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Do you have any to recommend? Feel it's high time to give my dash and leather a treatsmiley but I'm scared of trying something that could ruin my interior.
Saw this pic of a cracked dashboard somewhere...

Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Been searching store shelves...

1 Like

Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by bissalla: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Well if you are in Abuja, try Exclusives Stores. They have great car care products. If in Lagos, try the Shoprite at the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki. Good luck.
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
bissalla:
Well if you are in Abuja, try Exclusives Stores. They have great car care products. If in Lagos, try the Shoprite at the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki. Good luck.

Is there a particular brand you can recommend? I'm actually asking for a tried and tested brand so I don't ruin my interior in the bid to take care of it.
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by nissparts(m): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dont apply any product on the dash itself.
Combined with heat = disaster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
nissparts:

Please explain a little more, I use abro dashpolish is it a hazard?
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
nissparts:

More light please... Guess I've been doing just fine then...
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by chuka5000(m): 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
I'll advive u go for FORMULA 1 products. They're at least trusted.
Always comes in yellow cans/containers
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by nissparts(m): 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sorry, not been logged in here today.
Okay, the cleaners contain chemicals which damage the dash when exposed to direct sunlight.
It is usually a slow process which eventually results in cracks, bulging, and other deformities.
This is especially so for the softer dashboards.
By the way this is the major cause of the Infiniti FX35/45 dashboard problem
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
nissparts:
Sorry, not been logged in here today.
Okay, the cleaners contain chemicals which damage the dash when exposed to direct sunlight.
It is usually a slow process which eventually results in cracks, bulging, and other deformities.
This is especially so for the softer dashboards.
By the way this is the major cause of the Infiniti FX35/45 dashboard problem

I've noticed a good number of FX35/FX45 with rough dashboards. For now I'll just stick with no cleaners pending more research. Thanks
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
With this advices, i rather stick to Kerosene.
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by oluwaseunla(m): 5:38am On Apr 20, 2015
I haven't tried anything on my dash before. But for your leather seats, just get a good leather cleaner to make it clean. Afterwards, you can use a leather conditioner to make it supple and prevent cracks for a little while.

Personally, I use Astonish leather cleaner and Glipitone leather conditioner. But there are really good brands out there: Pinnacle, Lexol e.t.c. (they all have cleaner and conditioner). Just check up user reviews.

1 Like

Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Bossforeva:
With this advices, i rather stick to Kerosene.

I don't think kerosene is good o. Looks to me like something that causes cracks. I know many petroleum products cause plastics to become brittle. Could be wrong though
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by Piyke: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
oluwaseunla:
I haven't tried anything on my dash before. But for your leather seats, just get a good leather cleaner to make it clean. Afterwards, you can use a leather conditioner to make it supple and prevent cracks for a little while.

Personally, I use Astonish leather cleaner and Glipitone leather conditioner. But there are really good brands out there: Pinnacle, Lexol e.t.c. (they all have cleaner and conditioner). Just check up user reviews.

Thanks. Just seats for now. I happened to know a store that stocks astonish leather cleaner. For how long have you been using this?
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by oluwaseunla(m): 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
Piyke:

Thanks. Just seats for now. I happened to know a store that stocks astonish leather cleaner. For how long have you been using this?

Third year now.
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by fanex: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2015
if you can afford it, i suggest you opt for that leather dash. the dash is already cracked no amount of care product will fix it. make sure you check previous samples of the fixer's work.
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by chucky234(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Please explain a little more, I use abro dashpolish is it a hazard?
Maybe he meant Eden Hazard
LMAO
Re: Recommend Confirmed & Good Dashboard/leather Care Products by chucky234(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
Astonish or Lexol will do the magic, certainly two of the best leather care products in the market.

(1) (Reply)

Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? / What Car Has The Best Fuel Economy By Your Accessment / Toyota Avalon 2011 And Camry 2011 Which One Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.