Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. (24620 Views)

FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation / How Boko Haram Evolved From 2010-2014: Photo Of 2014 Weapons / Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by teufelein(f): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2015
Guyman02:
PETROBRAS of Brazil that we started together in the oil business runs their industry and not collecting 'Royalty' from some western companies.
Sign the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and let Nigeria fully control its resources but western interference has never allowed NORTHERN SENATORs see anything good in the bill as the oil companies and foreign embassies protecting their own interests make the Northerners to think that they will lose out if the PIB is passed.

Nigeria needs to stop collecting Royalties from Shell and other but think about doing it ourselves as we are not Niger Republic that produces Uranium but receives 5% royalty from French Company AREVA and remains a poor country in the midst of plenty.

my friend, you forgot to remember that you're talking to monkeys and baboons from the zoo nigeria..just wait, when Biafra is restored the world will know black race has arrived!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2015
omenka:
Let me secure this seat at the dining table while I go look for maggi to put in the Op's stew.

Edit:
Hmmm. Seems the Op was right after all.

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/shell-pays-3b-taxes-royalties-nigeria-govt-2014/

Cc: Lalasticlala.

This explains why Madam Eyes Froggy has been running from pillar to post trying to cushion the impact of her eventual fall. This explains why she insisted the report of the KPMG investigation should not be made public because "a rabid opposition would take advantage of it". Rather only a piecemeal of the report where it was stated $1.5billion was missing was released to the ravenous public to gnaw on.

This country has been bled almost to death under Jonathan. It is a miracle she still survives!!

Its because of stupi.d posts people like u made that I don't come to nairaland all these years

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by NewsHub: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2015
2oddMASTER:
See ego I must make same from merrybet
Hahahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh. But the entire Merrybet is not even worth 1% of that figure.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Bawss1(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2015
$48 Billion?

Where in the report does it say that Shell paid the FG $48billion from 2010 - 2014, I must have missed it.

If it can shown, how much did Shell make as profit during those years.

It doesnt add up.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by ZUBY77(m): 11:22am On Apr 14, 2015
philips70:

Yes, I can authoritatively tell you security chiefs in connivance with Aso Rock, the number 1 suspect of Boko Haram have taken almost 50% of these amounts.

Thank you. So we atleast know where some of the money went.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Ghost01(m): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2015
chrisbaba1:
if only 5 billion of that money went to Niger delta, the place would have been heaven in Nigeria by now, instead they languish in poverty..... Shey una don see wetin una brother do you? your own blood.....

may quick destruction meet the corrupt men of this nation.....
The states of the Niger Delta, I believe, received 13% of the money as their entitlement. That not to mention the budgets of the NDDC and the Niger Delta Ministry o. The problem is the select few who keeps cornering everything!

And ... AMEN to your prayer!!!
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by dollarlander: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2015
Omololu007:
Chai! $48bilion loun loun shocked

Omololu olunloyo, o r'aye bi. Bi won se un bowa mole niyen o. Opelope Olorun to gbe baba BUHARI dide. Omo 9ja iba jiya GBE.

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by coldFLARES1(m): 11:26am On Apr 14, 2015
ZUBY77:
Only?

Idiooots will soon begin to ask what GEJ did with it,
Without subtracting the State allocations and capital projects.
Bros you'd be right if these figures are captured in the budgets of the respective years. If not, it has been stolen and that makes you the bigger idiott

3 Likes

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Bawss1(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2015
I'm I the only one here who is yet to see where this report says Shell paid the FG $48billion? shocked
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by unite4real: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2015
RockMaxi:
This news got to be sweeter on if it had a source. grin

Guy, look very well, you will see the source at the end.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/shell-pays-3b-taxes-royalties-nigeria-govt-2014/
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by richidinho(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Chai

**fainting**
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by lonelydora: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Fear of Buhari
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Omololu007(m): 11:39am On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:
This money belongs to the Niger delta! We cannot continue to sustain this parasitic relationship in Nigeria! Resource Control NOW!!
what stopped gej a man from d south south(an ijaw man) from restructurin Nigeria,now u want a fulani man to restructure it.u go wait tire bro

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Glaxx(m): 11:39am On Apr 14, 2015
Relax people. The money you saw only came from Shell not all the other multinationals in Naija.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by herbiolla: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2015
naijainfogalery:
$48 Billion Naira yet
- An Average citizen lives below one dollar a day
- Our roads are one of the worst in the world
- Our educational systems crumbling by the day
- Children cant afford ordinary primary education
- Our healthcare are poorly funded
- We cant afford simple amenities of Life

May God judge between us and our leaders, may the cries of the innocent money they are embezzling cry out against them, may the blood of the innocent citizens cry out against them. May they know no peace anyone that is puting the lives of people at risk for their selfish gains..

Nigerians still remains the best country in the universe and what makes us the best is due to our versatility , Igbos , Yorubas and Hausa - We are one
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Omololu007(m): 11:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Dude, if there was resource control, there will be better accountability and more efficient wealth distribution. The current system whereby money that was meant for only 40 million people is shared by 170 million people is totally wicked. Kano state has 44 local governments while no state in the Niger Delta has up to 30.

NDDC has nothing to do with this. NDDC's budget is too tiny to achieve anything substantial. Believe me, if it were the yoruba's that owned oil, one kobo will not be given to anybody.
how many local govt do akwa ibom hav? U Niger delta keep screamin u want to control ur resources,what stop gej a man from d south south to restructure Nigeria wen he was in power?

3 Likes

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by wtfCode: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2015
chai see money...money wey fit change pesin life forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and...
God i'm so damn broke, do something!
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by herbiolla: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Omololu007:
Chai! $48bilion loun loun shocked
Why Buy Used Laptops when you can get a new one for the same price as a used one?

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by blackfase(m): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2015
I bet my bumbum, $38billion out of that amount waka go btwn Shell & FGs account......
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Bawss1(m): 11:59am On Apr 14, 2015
^^People are still here talking about a false or misleading report.

It is true what they say, NL is fast going to the dogs. SMH
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by eziokwu2015: 11:59am On Apr 14, 2015
If you add that money to our external reserves: $30B + $48B = $78B

Ohhh... I forgot, we spent the money on our 2014 budget.

source: http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/
2014 budget summary: http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2014/Understanding%20Budget%202014.pdf

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.php/using-joomla/extensions/components/content-component/article-categories/74-2014-appropriation-act
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Bawss1(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
^^ not you too? SMH.

Read the report and reason it out yourself, where did Shell give the FG that kind of money? How much did the company make as profit during that period?

People should stop jumping into threads without asking if the details of the threads add up or even make sense.

I've got to run out of here before I lose sight of reality.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by holluwai(m): 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
You can help us with the equation and feed us back on what the balance is... cheesy

ZUBY77:
Only?

Idiooots will soon begin to ask what GEJ did with it,
Without subtracting the State allocations and capital projects.

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by holluwai(m): 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmm, so by the time we hear and add up what other multinationals paid it would make us AWOL.

Glaxx:
Relax people. The money you saw only came from Shell not all the other multinationals in Naija.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by agabaI23(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
naijainfogalery:
$48 Billion Naira yet
- An Average citizen lives below one dollar a day
- Our roads are one of the worst in the world
- Our educational systems crumbling by the day
- Children cant afford ordinary primary education
- Our healthcare are poorly funded
- We cant afford simple amenities of Life

May God judge between us and our leaders, may the cries of the innocent money they are embezzling cry out against them, may the blood of the innocent citizens cry out against them. May they know no peace anyone that is puting the lives of people at risk for their selfish gains..

Nigerians still remains the best country in the universe and what makes us the best is due to our versatility , Igbos , Yorubas and Hausa - We are one
That's two years budget, people just talk for talking sake
lol lol
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Pavarottii(m): 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
efilefun:
And the people of niger-delta still languish in poverty? when all the money are been hurdled by the corrupt ones among them.. yet they crying around their son had been evicted from aso rock...mtcheeew
So who is languishing in riches? My dear their wealthy and poor in all six geo political regions, don't let lekki, vi and ikoyi decieve u, that there is no poverty in lagos, talk less of other western states where I schooled. So if u say niger deltans are langusihing in poverty, then the whole Nigeria is languishing in poverty. If u wanna see wat poverty is, go to the far north, where sch is an eyesore in some places, Bayelsa alone has 2 FG universities.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by galadima77(m): 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
omenka:
Let me secure this seat at the dining table while I go look for maggi to put in the Op's stew.

Edit:
Hmmm. Seems the Op was right after all.

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/shell-pays-3b-taxes-royalties-nigeria-govt-2014/

Cc: Lalasticlala.

This explains why Madam Eyes Froggy has been running from pillar to post trying to cushion the impact of her eventual fall. This explains why she insisted the report of the KPMG investigation should not be made public because "a rabid opposition would take advantage of it". Rather only a piecemeal of the report where it was stated $1.5billion was missing was released to the ravenous public to gnaw on.

This country has been bled almost to death under Jonathan. It is a miracle she still survives!!

...and some ppl are crying foul dat there was a gang up against one of their own, when d country is sinking.
Re: FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. by Sweetguy25: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
lastpage:

And l hope you can visit the same Kano state and tell us if any of those LG is better than the average LG in Port harcourt, Enugu or Lagos.

[size=18pt]Resource Control is just a selfish idea which does not solve the Niger Delta problem which is "UNBRIDLED GREED" by the KLEPTOMANIACS in the same NIGER DELTA..... and Abuja![/size] wink undecided

"Resource Control" can be likened to the "last Child" in a family who throws tantrums because he insists that the whole income of the father must be spent on him alone, .....simply because he is fortunate to be the last borne of the family! shocked shocked

How more stewpid can it get?

[size=13pt]What we need is ACCOUNTABILITY within our Leaders and those who hold the "Purse-Strings" of this Nation...
then JUSTICE and EQUITY within the Federating Units of our Nation.[/size]

Lastpage!

Resource control is a selfish idea? Lol, there's no point arguing with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diezani Forfeits N4.8b Abuja Houses To Govt-the Nation / Ekiti Under Siege, 500 PDP Supporters Arrested By The Police - Lere Olayinka / Osinbajo Defies Expectations As Nigeria's Vice-president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.