Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,116 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation (30276 Views)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by fexti: 4:34am On Oct 26, 2016
The Campaign for Democracy, CD, has given the Federal Government a 14-day ultimatum to lift the ban on rice importation, to help reduce premature deaths by suicidal actions by hungry and frustrated Nigerians.
National Publicity Secretary of CD, Dede Uzor Uzor, who gave the ultimatum in Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday, said since government does not have any incentive for farmers to produce enough rice for local consumption, there is no need banning importation of such an important commodity.
Describing rice as one of the favourite staples of every family, Uzor declared that “with Nigeria being unable to grow enough rice for the population of about 180 million, continued placement of ban on it would only aggravate the situation and cause more harm than good.”

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/203636/14-day-ultimatum-lift-ban-rice-importation

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by seunlayi(m): 4:39am On Oct 26, 2016
Better... I ".. The righteous take it by violence..

8 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by DrRasheed: 5:37am On Oct 26, 2016
Mr president people are really dieying, it seems like nigerians not ready for the home made rice.

18 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Abeymills(m): 5:50am On Oct 26, 2016
An hungry man is an angry man unfortunately 4dis wicked useless clueless govt of revenge n calumny times up 4thier lies all we hear his corruption nonsense meanwhile they feed well with their families n cronies while helpless Nigerians are dying of hunger

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by NobleRomm(m): 6:03am On Oct 26, 2016
let them do something fast about it....

there is hunger in the land

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by veekid(m): 6:03am On Oct 26, 2016
Yeye; like say he go listen

4 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by obaaderemi: 6:06am On Oct 26, 2016
DrRasheed:
Mr president people are really dieying, it seems like nigerians not ready for the home made rice.
Where is the homemade rice and it is also costly if u see it

3 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by cutekhalifa(m): 6:07am On Oct 26, 2016
Buhari the headless clown... Tufiakwa

8 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by dreamworld: 6:10am On Oct 26, 2016
Giving ultimatum to a person with ear problem is a very funny thing to do

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by saintmark88(m): 6:11am On Oct 26, 2016
If FG lifts d ban, dz same man will say d govt is a confused govt. Mr man instead of complaining go n farm, u can produce rice for u n ur family. If u dnt c rice, u can eat beans

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Elisean(m): 6:13am On Oct 26, 2016
Some people don't have sense at all

You can only bring rice into the country through the port but not through the borders.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by blackpanda: 6:17am On Oct 26, 2016
Wicked demons! How long do u want nigeria to be enslaved?? We have more than enough rice to feed the country. Stop supporting this stupidity, this hunger to import everything importable. Importing rice makes absolutely no sense

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by blackpanda: 6:19am On Oct 26, 2016
obaaderemi:
Where is the homemade rice and it is also costly if u see it

Its very much available in d market. Whats more, its cheaper and healthier.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by proeast(m): 6:22am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:
If FG lifts d ban, dz same man will say d govt is a confused govt. Mr man instead of complaining go n farm, u can produce rice for u n ur family. If u dnt c rice, u can eat beans
Hey, those whose palm kernal were broken by benevolent spirits should not forget to be humble~ Chinua Achebe. Where is the beans you are recomending as substitute?? Is it affordable MY FRIEND, PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY STARVING! If you and I can afford to buy the very expensive commodities also remember that there are millions of Nigerians who cant!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by chriskosherbal(m): 6:22am On Oct 26, 2016
Anything, anything that need to be done should be done fast to bring relief to Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by DaudaAbu(m): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2016
This too shall pass

3 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by kokoA(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2016
And if it's not done? Noise makers.. mcheeww.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Bujumbura(m): 6:39am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:
i think you are a dependant

15 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:
Wicked demons! How long do u want nigeria to be enslaved?? We have more than enough rice to feed the country. Stop supporting this stupidity, this hunger to import everything importable. Importing rice makes absolutely no sense

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by moyakz(m): 6:40am On Oct 26, 2016
i really wished buhari had ears and brains!

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by omenka(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2016
National Publicity Secretary of CD, Dede Uzor Uzor..
I swear, when I saw the word ultimatum I just decided to check the identity of the person issuing it, and I wasn't disappointed. cheesy

Awon Ultimate Warriors, everywhere they go. cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by saintmark88(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2016
proeast:
Hey, those whose palm kernal were broken by benevolent spirits should not forget to be humble~ Chinua Achebe. Where is the beans you are recomending as substitute?? Is it affordable MY FRIEND, PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY STARVING! If you and I can afford to buy the very expensive commodities also remember that there are millions of Nigerians who cant!

This is not an excuse to open your borders n let all manner of things come in, we want a lasting solution, look at what anambra, Ebonyi, Kebbi is doing, Lagos has gone into partnership with kebbi, dangote nd co......we have to encourage them.... Brazil today is a net exporter of rice, because dey made the bold step to produce their own rice, bcomw self sufficient n exporters of rice. It took a decade 10 good yrs to achieve tht feat, do u think pple didn't suffer during that 10yr period. We only think of now, of ourselves, we never border to do things rite....Ebonyi state govt has banned eating of foreign rice so that abakaliki rice can thrive. Such policies should be encouraged . if u can't eat rice, if u can't eat beans, den go for garri. Atleast tht is made locally

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Oct 26, 2016
proeast:
Is that governments problem?? We are a capitalist country bro... If people are staving go and farm
Akm very sure if this organisations approach a bank for 2 billion loan they will get it..
Over 5000 hectares can be planted n processed with that.. . Then they can sale at 5000 per bag if they wish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2016
proeast:
If no beans eat yam, if no yam potato dey. . Go jn sleep

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Koleman(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2016
we d wait for anambra and kebbi rice

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by otukpo(f): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2016
Ultimatum indeed.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by bbbabes(f): 8:17am On Oct 26, 2016
This government is simply stupid... Even the US imports what they don't have.
Seriously I must confess, me and my family do not feel this recession in any way. Maybe it's simply cuz I looked for an alternative to get extra income.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by unmark1: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2016
Come see nonsense
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by curandy10: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2016
why did they ban it in the first place
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by LordGuru1: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2016
It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Picks APC Form / Buhari, Amaechi, Others Attending Council Of State Meeting / Senator Kabir Marafa Blocks Ibe Kachikwu From Revealing Relationship With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.