Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36238 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
@DragonKing thnx for posting character info. Now we will have the names close at hand cheesy

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
What character/s are your fave?

My faves so far:
Miss Ives, Sembene, Mr Chandler.
These 3 seem to have a solid bond and are just there for each other no matter what...so far.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:

The last episode was a bit boring because it was centered on just two main characters. Miss Ives fell Mr Chandler's hand as he was expecting some mushu.
Yea, Miss Ives is stalling.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

The other lady is Lilly. I think Angelique will keep having sex with Dorian for a while until he tires of her (well him, lol). Dorian seems to have something going for Lilly and its tied to when he slept with her while she was a prostitute (remember Mr Chandler took her out and they bumped into Dorian?). Dorian i thinks trying to figure out why Lilly acts like she doesnt know him and he wants to know why and also sample the new sweet Lilly.

Also, I think Lily killed that guy at the brothel because she's having flashbacks in her mind/body that she can't control but seems pleasing to her when she kills men. I think these urges are tied to being ridiculed and probably violently mistreated at times for being a prostitute. Now she's taking revenge. It seems like Dr. Frankenstein's creations have violent tendencies. Does that sound like it's right? Lol

Thanks for this info.. Will lilly and Mr chandler cross path again? only time will tell. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

yes sir Malcolm is being brainwashed in a major way. I think that he's going to break away from it but maybe that will be like a cliffhanger for the end of the season and maybe we'll find out in the beginning of next season how they get out of the situation. miss Kali really is doing some juju on him isn't she making those creepy dolls with the blood and the hair and the beating hearts, wow.

the witches are really doing something, right? They made miss Ives use the devil book that she supposedly can't undo so she must have really felt like she had no other choice. I want her soul to be saved and find peace. Those weird naked women that come in the night time with the markings on their chest...are they witches or demons?

I think the help for Miss Ives and Sir Malcolm might come from one of the characters we don't expect.

The way I see this season rounding up, miss Kali will definitely win..Sir Malcolm is fully brainwashed as he didn't feel even a single remorse for his dead wife..miss Ives soul is already going to the dark side and I don't see anybody who can safe her now.

As for those 3 women, they are also witches just like miss Kali, only junior to her..Their naked form is their true witch form. I suspect one of those witches has something for Mr chandler. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

You don't consider Mr Chandler as gay or maybe bi sexual being that he slept with Dorian Gray? I've been trying to figure that out what would possess him to do that if he is straight, hmmm
Yeah, I'm not quite sure of the purpose with the Dorian story line as of yet. undecided

I dislike Dorian grey with passion, he has no usefulness in this series apart from sleeping around.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
What character/s are your fave?

My faves so far:
Miss Ives, Sembene, Mr Chandler.
These 3 seem to have a solid bond and are just there for each other no matter what...so far.

I have 4 favorite character starting in number one spot is Sir Malcolm. I just love and respect the guy. As old as he is, he has charisma, smart and can fight too.

Second is miss Ives, then Mr Chandler then sembene(the only mysterious black guy).

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@DragonKing thnx for posting character info. Now we will have the names close at hand cheesy

Great news..I just read online that penny dreadful has been billed to feature a season 3 with 10 episodes due to the high ratings.

cc: solomonbrown64 ; khanivorous

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I'm currently downloading it

Guy how far? what season/episode a are you on now? Also share you thoughts about the series and fav characters.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:

I dislike Dorian grey with passion, he has no usefulness in this series apart from sleeping around.

I agree. It never sits well when i see men in those situations on tv...and they are really taking it far. undecided
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Glad there will be a season 3 but i hate to see shows i like break between seasons sad
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
solomonbrown64:

..yea, using the excuse of being " dangerous"......can't wait though.

Maybe that affair will happen next season
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
This guy's hair...defies gravity grin
Is he on the side of good or evil? Where does he fit in all this? What's his goal? He seems to be trying to help Vanessa without Kali finding out.

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
This guy's hair...defies gravity grin
Is he on the side of good or evil? Where does he fit in all this? What's his goal? He seems to be trying to help Vanessa without Kali finding out.

They probably used a lot of hair gel. lol

but the guy is a fine dude oo..check out his picture... he is Simone Russell beane aka Ferdinand Lyle...I like the guy for he is smart and cunning, helping miss Ives in a smart way without anybody noticing.. madam Kali suspects a little but she isn't sure.

I love when he said to miss Ives, " please don't tell any of us were you are going too"...I suspect he knows madam Kali was controlling sir Malcolm hence the statement.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Glad there will be a season 3 but i hate to see shows i like break between seasons sad

That's the beauty of the series..to make u want more.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I agree. It never sits well when i see men in those situations on tv...and they are really taking it far. undecided

The irony of it all, whenever I check on Penny dreadful series online, Dorian grey is always shown as a major character...Definitely he has gay fans.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:

They probably used a lot of hair gel. lol

but the guy is a fine dude oo..check out his picture... he is Simone Russell beane aka Ferdinand Lyle...I like the guy for he is smart and cunning, helping miss Ives in a smart way without anybody noticing.. madam Kali suspects a little but she isn't sure.

I love when he said to miss Ives, " please don't tell any of us were you are going too"...I suspect he knows madam Kali was controlling sir Malcolm hence the statement.

Yes, lots of gel, haha. He is sharp though cool

I totally forgot him saying not to tell where Vanessa & Ethan were going. Maybe he can assist Malcolm to come back to reality in some way? It would be sweet if Malcolm comes to his senses but pretends to be remain under Madam Kali's control to gain advantage in battling her. I'm afraid of one of the main characters getting killed off dealing with Kali...she is no joke! lol
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Yes, lots of gel, haha. He is sharp though cool

I totally forgot him saying not to tell where Vanessa & Ethan were going. Maybe he can assist Malcolm to come back to reality in some way? It would be sweet if Malcolm comes to his senses but pretends to be remain under Madam Kali's control to gain advantage in battling her. I'm afraid of one of the main characters getting killed off dealing with Kali...she is no joke! lol

Nah..he can't help sir Malcolm.. it will be too dangerous for him..remember madam Kali has a special room for her dolls that no one enters...there is no way Ferdinand Lyle can enter that room, he dares not mess with madam kali. the only person to help sir Malcolm now is sir Malcolm himself...it will be difficult though. can't wait for the next episode.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 12:10am On Jun 19, 2015
Dragonking:

Great news..I just read online that penny dreadful has been billed to feature a season 3 with 10 episodes due to the high ratings.

cc: solomonbrown64 ; khanivorous

thanks for the tips, ......couldn't be happier.....I was interested only because of Eva green and I am glad I was.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Maybe that affair will happen next season
hmm, it's looking so.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
solomonbrown64:

thanks for the tips, ......couldn't be happier.....I was interested only because of Eva green and I am glad I was.

Your favorite character is Eva green only?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dragonking:

Your favorite character is Eva green only?
Yea, at first....but I have grown to like Mr Chandler.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Just waiting on the new episode in a little bit smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2015
.... Season 2 is winding up really fast..... Sir Malcolm breaking the enchantment of the devil.... Dorian gray :knew something was up with him.. You can't help but have sex with him.... Is he the second brother or is he Dracula?.... Mr Chandler : the hand of God or wolf of God..... Crazy, crazy episode.... Loving this show every day......
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.... Season 2 is winding up really fast..... Sir Malcolm breaking the enchantment of the devil.... Dorian gray :knew something was up with him.. You can't help but have sex with him.... Is he the second brother or is he Dracula?.... Mr Chandler : the hand of God or wolf of God..... Crazy, crazy episode.... Loving this show every day......

I knew Sir Macolm would get help frm either Mr Chandler or maybe Sembene...good looking out Sembene! He's the man for getting Malcolm to a place he could break the spell by remembering himself and fightibg that spiritual war! Sembene never seems scared or really shocked by Malcolm or Chandler when they were going thru their stuff. Actually, he's been brave, manly, cool calm & collected every time someone in the fam goes thru craziness or if the group's under quite scary attacks. This is why he's one of my faves cool

Angelique should've minded her own biz. Dorian just did him cold-blooded, right? But he has a big thing for Lily it seems and she is also 'a monster' & cold killer so would he kill Lilly if she found out his secret or no? Same question about Dorian and Miss Ives...would he let others who are 'monsters' and sexually involved with him live? Its so weird watching the male-male love scenes with him..hope theres no more male lovers.

Lilly is down to calling Dr Frankenstein 'friend' and he def doesn't like that. Lilly & John Claire??, teaming up to finish the good Dr., lol? She used John's lust against him to pull him into that plan but I think he wont be able to kill his creator when the moment arises. I think although he gets enraged at times he is a good and loving soul. Though he doesnt realize it, he has love for the Dr. too.

Ok now...who are you wondering if they are the 2nd bro or Dracula? I remember season 1 there was a head vamp (Dracula) who had a group of vamps to serve him but thats all i remember. Did they kill the head, Dracula?

Yes, the season is winding up really fast. Disappointing though; just now finding others that watch this too (no1 here I know watches it even though its very good undecided )

I watch: 'The Walking Dead', 'Vikings', 'Black Sails', 'Orange is the New Black', 'Game of Thrones'. Do you guys watch any of these or have suggestions that can help pass the time until the Fall season shows start?

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
.. @ Hunnydropps, ... Dorian is weird, I mean the painting or whatever it is moved, really freaking scary... Sir Malcolm move to confront the witches was stupid and he might likely pay for it..... Lily is a just a LovePeddler even after having two creators... People don't change..... What I find fascinating is that the Professor said that the Lupus dei is the wall separating both brothers from having Vanessa.. Now, we know Mr Chandler is the wolf, but is he a priest, exorcist or What, because his character is still largely unknown.... Lucifer is yet to be seen.... This is the crazier show I have ever watched.... Just thinking and thinking
Yes, i watch other shows like: Beauty and the beast (cool show, season 3 just started).... :Salem, Power, Ad, the Bible continues, Olympus, dark matter..... Let me stop there....... You should try one of those.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
To me sir Malcolm has this habit of making impulsive decisions that are wrong(like in S1 wanting to sacrifice miss ives to save a lost mina) but thankfully there is always someone to talk sense into him..i think dorian gray is just someone who has lived quite a long life and is basically living on adventures/thrills hence anything/anyone out of the ordinary interests him.From what i have seen so far he doesn't want anyone to find out about his secret because they might not understand(i might be wrong),i will really like to see how his character pans out.for now am watching S1 Gotham,S1 hannibal and S1 power..if you haven't seen any of them then i suggest you check them out.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 25, 2015
@ solomonbrown64 You're not lying that picture at Dorian's was very creepy. I didn't expect it to move, Haha! Sir M. going to Kali's house sure wasnt tge wisest decision for sure but that's how he is, right? I want to see what the crew has in mind to face these witches coz remember Kali's daughter is trying to take mama's throne...hmm, gunna get interesting. I see what u meant about the 'brothers' (I didnt catch that part at first, i rewatched it) so since the bros are adversaries that will be another twist in the story since they both want Vanessa. We arent sure exactly what qualities Mr Chandler has but its definitely special. After all he has acted like an excorsist before. Im excited for the next episode.

Thnx for the show suggestions. I do watch AD The Bible Continues..its good i need to catch up on the last 2 eps (do you know how many eps will it have?). Im thinking of checking out Power & Salem if i can find the series on netflix or something coz seems like lots of ppl like them.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 25, 2015
@ hitch05 i think u are on point about Dorian. He has been around so long that he's just looking for the next thrill in his life. I guess he's been there done that when it comes to love affairs in particular, lol.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 7:10am On Jun 25, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@ solomonbrown64 You're not lying that picture at Dorian's was very creepy. I didn't expect it to move, Haha! Sir M. going to Kali's house sure wasnt tge wisest decision for sure but that's how he is, right? I want to see what the crew has in mind to face these witches coz remember Kali's daughter is trying to take mama's throne...hmm, gunna get interesting. I see what u meant about the 'brothers' (I didnt catch that part at first, i rewatched it) so since the bros are adversaries that will be another twist in the story since they both want Vanessa. We arent sure exactly what qualities Mr Chandler has but its definitely special. After all he has acted like an excorsist before. Im excited for the next episode.

Thnx for the show suggestions. I do watch AD The Bible Continues..its good i need to catch up on the last 2 eps (do you know how many eps will it have?). Im thinking of checking out Power & Salem if i can find the series on netflix or something coz seems like lots of ppl like them.

Yea... Sunday seem too far now.... Can't wait...
Ad, the Bible continues is a12 episode thriller..was through with it yesterday.... It's okay, but the final episode was a bit disappointing.... Watch it though and yes, try Salem and Power....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dragonking:

I would recommend you go back and watch penny dreadful till the end. It was simply classic. The rating was very high. check google and find out unless you dont like horro movies.

As for izombie, that series is dumb to me but i just watch it wen am bored. my genre, horror, action, sci-fi, comedy.

I recommend the same. the series is on point for me. grin
Dragonking:

I would recommend you go back and watch penny dreadful till the end. It was simply classic. The rating was very high. check google and find out unless you dont like horro movies.

As for izombie, that series is dumb to me but i just watch it wen am bored. my genre, horror, action, sci-fi, comedy.

I recommend the same. the series is on point for me.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
embarassedHannibal will not be renewed for a season 4..so enjoy your season3 while it lasts... Salem is on point... love that they didn't pretty up the witch stuff like WOEE. But right now all I think about is hope my khaleesi is safe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.