Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36222 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Elymoney:
embarassedHannibal will not be renewed for a season 4..so enjoy your season3 while it lasts... Salem is on point... love that they didn't pretty up the witch stuff like WOEE. But right now all I think about is hope my khaleesi is safe.

Im wondering if she's safe too. Once i saw the tribe ride in and surround her i was like, " Ahh-hahh, the dragon flew back to his homeland!". I was wondering where he flew them to, lol.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.... Season 2 is winding up really fast..... Sir Malcolm breaking the enchantment of the devil.... Dorian gray :knew something was up with him.. You can't help but have sex with him.... Is he the second brother or is he Dracula?.... Mr Chandler : the hand of God or wolf of God..... Crazy, crazy episode.... Loving this show every day......

I don't think Dorian grey is the second brother of Dracula. If you read up the story about Dorian, he was a mischievous man who sold his soul via painting to have everlasting life.

The paint ages while he remains young. That's all about Dorian.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I knew Sir Macolm would get help frm either Mr Chandler or maybe Sembene...good looking out Sembene! He's the man for getting Malcolm to a place he could break the spell by remembering himself and fightibg that spiritual war! Sembene never seems scared or really shocked by Malcolm or Chandler when they were going thru their stuff. Actually, he's been brave, manly, cool calm & collected every time someone in the fam goes thru craziness or if the group's under quite scary attacks. This is why he's one of my faves cool

Angelique should've minded her own biz. Dorian just did him cold-blooded, right? But he has a big thing for Lily it seems and she is also 'a monster' & cold killer so would he kill Lilly if she found out his secret or no? Same question about Dorian and Miss Ives...would he let others who are 'monsters' and sexually involved with him live? Its so weird watching the male-male love scenes with him..hope theres no more male lovers.

Lilly is down to calling Dr Frankenstein 'friend' and he def doesn't like that. Lilly & John Claire??, teaming up to finish the good Dr., lol? She used John's lust against him to pull him into that plan but I think he wont be able to kill his creator when the moment arises. I think although he gets enraged at times he is a good and loving soul. Though he doesnt realize it, he has love for the Dr. too.

Ok now...who are you wondering if they are the 2nd bro or Dracula? I remember season 1 there was a head vamp (Dracula) who had a group of vamps to serve him but thats all i remember. Did they kill the head, Dracula?

Yes, the season is winding up really fast. Disappointing though; just now finding others that watch this too (no1 here I know watches it even though its very good undecided )

I watch: 'The Walking Dead', 'Vikings', 'Black Sails', 'Orange is the New Black', 'Game of Thrones'. Do you guys watch any of these or have suggestions that can help pass the time until the Fall season shows start?

I told you sir Malcolm was the only one who can break out from madam kalis spell. Sembene was great!!!! I just love that part; "Know who you are!!!"

Did you see the expression on madam kalis face? grin

Sir Malcolm's greatest strength and weakness is his undying love for his family. Sembene knew that and that's why he quickly dragged sir Malcolm to that room..he knew that room is filled with lovely memories. Madam Kali was surprised as I don't think anybody has ever broken from her spell...This episode is the greatest so far...simply breath taking.

I watch game of thrones and walking dead..we will definitely meet at walking dead thread when penny dreadful season 2 finishes.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.. @ Hunnydropps, ... Dorian is weird, I mean the painting or whatever it is moved, really freaking scary... Sir Malcolm move to confront the witches was stupid and he might likely pay for it..... Lily is a just a LovePeddler even after having two creators... People don't change..... What I find fascinating is that the Professor said that the Lupus dei is the wall separating both brothers from having Vanessa.. Now, we know Mr Chandler is the wolf, but is he a priest, exorcist or What, because his character is still largely unknown.... Lucifer is yet to be seen.... This is the crazier show I have ever watched.... Just thinking and thinking
Yes, i watch other shows like: Beauty and the beast (cool show, season 3 just started).... :Salem, Power, Ad, the Bible continues, Olympus, dark matter..... Let me stop there....... You should try one of those.

hitch05:
To me sir Malcolm has this habit of making impulsive decisions that are wrong(like in S1 wanting to sacrifice miss ives to save a lost mina) but thankfully there is always someone to talk sense into him..i think dorian gray is just someone who has lived quite a long life and is basically living on adventures/thrills hence anything/anyone out of the ordinary interests him.From what i have seen so far he doesn't want anyone to find out about his secret because they might not understand(i might be wrong),i will really like to see how his character pans out.for now am watching S1 Gotham,S1 hannibal and S1 power..if you haven't seen any of them then i suggest you check them out.

Like I said earlier, sir Malcolm greatest strength and weakness is his undying love for his family.. Madam Kali knew this and that's why when sir Malcolm broke out from the spell, she said he is coming to her..Nobody messes with sir Malcolm's family (alive or dead). he will not let that person of the noose. Immediately sir Malcolm came to his senses, he knew madam Kali was the cause and bam, he carries his gun, wears his hat and off to the witches den..he didn't even consider that he was entering into a dangerous area..that's is the weakness of sir Malcolm.

That's why madam Kali left him with the ghost of his family hunting him in the room.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2015
Elymoney:

I recommend the same. the series is on point for me. grin

I recommend the same. the series is on point for me.

Thanks a lot. Please we need more of ur thoughts and contributions on this thread to move it forward.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Elymoney:
embarassedHannibal will not be renewed for a season 4..so enjoy your season3 while it lasts... Salem is on point... love that they didn't pretty up the witch stuff like WOEE. But right now all I think about is hope my khaleesi is safe.

I tried watching Hannibal but I expected to be more of horror.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dragonking:

Like I said earlier, sir Malcolm greatest strength and weakness is his undying love for his family.. Madam Kali knew this and that's why when sir Malcolm broke out from the spell, she said he is coming to her..Nobody messes with sir Malcolm's family (alive or dead). he will not let that person of the noose. Immediately sir Malcolm came to his senses, he knew madam Kali was the cause and bam, he carries his gun, wears his hat and off to the witches den..he didn't even consider that he was entering into a dangerous area..that's is the weakness of sir Malcolm.

That's why madam Kali left him with the ghost of his family hunting him in the room.
sir Malcolm has this burden of regret towards his family..he wishes he had been a better father and husband..he wishes he was always there for his family instead of spending most his time in Africa

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Elymoney:
Am not really taking the hannibal serious.Just watching it to get an idea of who hannibal lecter is..don't think i will watch S2.Saw S1 of Salem,it was nice and i enjoyed the lead actress performance
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
hitch05:
sir Malcolm has this burden of regret towards his family..he wishes he had been a better father and husband..he wishes he was always there for his family instead of spending most his time in Africa

True. And that's why he is ready to sacrifice everything for miss ives as he sees her as his only family left.

I see a bigger threat who we all forget and that's the detective guy who is all watching sir Malcolm and Mr Chandler.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by hitch05: 1:11am On Jun 28, 2015
Dragonking:

True. And that's why he is ready to sacrifice everything for miss ives as he sees her as his only family left.

I see a bigger threat who we all forget and that's the detective guy who is all watching sir Malcolm and Mr Chandler.
yea the detective is really starting to ask some interesting questions..he is very curious,is attentive to small details and seems eager to pursue any theories..how his investigation affects the storyline will be interesting to watch

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
hitch05:
yea the detective is really starting to ask some interesting questions..he is very curious,is attentive to small details and seems eager to pursue any theories..how his investigation affects the storyline will be interesting to watch

Yeah, that detective is going to be another strory changer but i dont like the way he is going about it...what is his business with sir malcolm movements...I also did a research on Mina, sir Malcolm's daughter and I discovered that Mina was the wife of Dracula. So why is Lucifer/Dracula after miss Ives in penny dreadful and not Mina?

Also, I bet that nobody noticed that madam Kali shed tears when she discovered that sir Malcolm broke out of the spell. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Hunnydropps and solomonbrown64 were are thou?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dragonking:

Im present grin *raises hand to be counted*
Just patiently waiting for episode 9 to premier tonight...gee, I hope no thunderstorm rolls through to disturb my reception *fingers crossed *

What are we expecting for tonight folks? Im hoping we get Sembene's background before this season wraps up. Also, I want to see if Lily attempts to kill Dr. Frankeistein...what cliffhangers do we think might drive us mad until next season?...we might get some ideas about this by the end of this episode.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hunnydropps:

Im present grin *raises hand to be counted*
Just patiently waiting for episode 9 to premier tonight...gee, I hope no thunderstorm rolls through to disturb my reception *fingers crossed *

What are we expecting for tonight folks? Im hoping we get Sembene's background before this season wraps up. Also, I want to see if Lily attempts to kill Dr. Frankeistein...what cliffhangers do we think might drive us mad until next season?...we might get some ideas about this by the end of this episode.

I believe next season might reveal more about sembene as this season was supposed to focus more on Mr Chandler..

As for lily, I couldn't believe that Caliban just chickened out in front of her. I was like wtf. She bullied him and made him join her crazy idea of killing Dr frankistein.

My questions are, was she pretending to have lost her memory all these while? Why does she want Dr frankestien dead? That idea doesn't make sense to me. Also, can she kill Caliban? Is she stronger than Caliban from the way she pushed him and brushed him to the ground?

Caliban fall my hand for that episode, he can only bully the doctor but I doubt if he would kill Dr Frankenstein.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dragonking:

I believe next season might reveal more about sembene as this season was supposed to focus more on Mr Chandler..

As for lily, I couldn't believe that Caliban just chickened out in front of her. I was like wtf. She bullied him and made him join her crazy idea of killing Dr frankistein.

My questions are, was she pretending to have lost her memory all these while? Why does she want Dr frankestien dead? That idea doesn't make sense to me. Also, can she kill Caliban? Is she stronger than Caliban from the way she pushed him and brushed him to the ground?

Caliban fall my hand for that episode, he can only bully the doctor but I doubt if he would kill Dr Frankenstein.

I think maybe Lily had memory loss at first but regained her memory sooner than we expect she did. I think she really started to resent dr. Frankenstein when he was showing jealous tendencies when she was entertaining Dorian. She is really strong though, right? I think she can beat up all of them guys on that show, lol. Also, maybe she has a general hate for all men do to being a former prostitute.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I think maybe Lily had memory loss at first but regained her memory sooner than we expect she did. I think she really started to resent dr. Frankenstein when he was showing jealous tendencies when she was entertaining Dorian. She is really strong though, right? I think she can beat up all of them guys on that show, lol. Also, maybe she has a general hate for all men do to being a former prostitute.

Lily to me is wacko..I knew that from the moment she insisted on going to the ball. What I don't understand is when did she get her memory back? I suspect she got it back when she killed that guy in the motel.

BTW how will she react when she meets Mr chandler again? Will she dump his sorry ass for caliban/Dorian or will old love rekindle? grin

Mr Chandler's lupus dei form should be stronger than lilly now.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2015
@DragonKing
Ohhh man, things will get real really quick when Chandler finally meets Lily again. He really had feelings for her. I think that Mr. Chandler might try to turn Lily for good, which she'll try to fight I suspect. I know he wont want her back being evil...he's a man with a good heart. Mr. Chandler really seems to like Miss Ives too...potential love triangle?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 29, 2015
@DragonKing @solomonbrown64
Ok. Im NOT going to say anything about this last episode other than....I CANT WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO WATCH IT, WOW!!!!!! shocked
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2015
Hunnydropps:
@DragonKing
Ohhh man, things will get real really quick when Chandler finally meets Lily again. He really had feelings for her. I think that Mr. Chandler might try to turn Lily for good, which she'll try to fight I suspect. I know he wont want her back being evil...he's a man with a good heart. Mr. Chandler really seems to like Miss Ives too...potential love triangle?

Mr chandler might end up back with lily as miss Ives ain't giving him some love in return. You know what I mean. . grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Hunnydropps:
Ok. Im NOT going to say anything about this last episode other than....I CANT WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO WATCH IT, WOW!!!!!! shocked

I haven't downloaded it..am about to do so...can't wait.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Dragonking:

I am here, mate.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hunnydropps:

My o my... What an episode.... Where will I start from..
That Inspector dey find trouble oh.... But its strange, up until now, Mr Chandler can't control his other side, anyway, I hope he doesn't kill That black man... I really like him and his short words.....
Dorian gray has finally found his match...
What is Miss Ives up to now?....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
solomonbrown64:

My o my... What an episode.... Where will I start from..
That Inspector dey find trouble oh.... But its strange, up until now, Mr Chandler can't control his other side, anyway, I hope he doesn't kill That black man... I really like him and his short words.....
Dorian gray has finally found his match...
What is Miss Ives up to now?....

1. In fact that inspector own is getting too much, na serious beating im dey find.
2. Why must the only black guy die? This isn't fair. sad
I believe sembene will come back to life.
3. Has anyone noticed the striking similarities between Sir Malcolm and Miss Ives? They don't ever listen and are ready to jump into the lions den without thinking or taking precautions. As long as they do it for their loved ones, it is okay by them.
4. What on earth is wrong with lilly and world domination? Caliban had this power all these while and never taught of this? See how she has turned Dorian to a house boy. grin
5. Is it just me or is caliban just naturally dumb that even the blind girl deceived him
6. Has anyone noticed that the witches have someone they love and will not hurt..E.g madam Kali loves sir Malcolm, despite she tortures him, she won't let him die. Heckaty, the other defiant witch is in love with Mr chandler and wants him by her side..did she do a strip tease in front of him? grin
7. Dr Frankenstein has joined sir Malcolm in the mad room. How will they get out?
8. Mr Lyle is as good as dead unless he is very good at using the pen knife.
9. The way miss Ives and mr chandler killed that guy at the beginning is totally breathe taking. shocked
10. Sembene pls don't die, you are the only one representing Africa/blacks in the series. sad

These are my observations/thoughts.

cc: Hunnydropps , hitch05
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by CountDracula(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.... Season 2 is winding up really fast..... Sir Malcolm breaking the enchantment of the devil.... Dorian gray :knew something was up with him.. You can't help but have sex with him.... Is he the second brother or is he Dracula?.... Mr Chandler : the hand of God or wolf of God..... Crazy, crazy episode.... Loving this show every day......

Its hound of God not hand of God
And yes he is
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
CountDracula:

Its hound of God not hand of God
And yes he is

Yea he is the hound of God but I don't think Dorian grey is Dracula. Why? Because if you read about Dorian from history, he is just a man that sold his soul for everlasting life via a painting. That's why when lily bit him, he just went in to the room where the painting is a looked at it...immediately he will get healed. That's who Dorian really is. His painting ages while he remain youthful.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by CountDracula(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dragonking:

Yea he is the hound of God but I don't think Dorian grey is Dracula. Why? Because if you read about Dorian from history, he is just a man that sold his soul for everlasting life via a painting. That's why when lily bit him, he just went in to the room where the painting is a looked at it...immediately he will get healed. That's who Dorian really is. His painting ages while he remain youthful.

Dorian is jus a man as u said, normally, u grow old while a paintin stays as new as it always was, d reverse is his case...
D man dats chained in d paintin however I dnt knw who dat is. dorian is kinda scared of him tho. Stil yet to find out why

I dnt think Dracula has been unveiled yet
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
CountDracula:

Dorian is jus a man as u said, normally, u grow old while a paintin stays as new as it always was, d reverse is his case...
D man dats chained in d paintin however I dnt knw who dat is. dorian is kinda scared of him tho. Stil yet to find out why

I dnt think Dracula has been unveiled yet

I was surprised when I saw the painting of an old man in chains. But it might be the aged Dorian grey in there. Dorian might be afraid because once that painting is destroyed, he will age and end up like the guy in the painting which is actually Dorian's true form.

I don't think that Dracula can be captured in a painting.

What's ur thoughts on Mr chandler killing sembene? And why can't Mr chandler control his other form if he is a hound of God meant to foil the works of Lucifer/dracula
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
@Hunnydropps , I missed u ooo..I have been expecting ur comments on episode 9 since

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2015

Hello friends...ive been itching to reply and discuss this episode with you but im in hosp getting treatment so its a little difficult...srry guys.

Okayyyy, the fight at the beginning!!!! Vanessa stabbed that guy like mad, right? Her and Ethan were really wrking together. I loved how she jumped in to help at the right time to help...my type of woman. Remember when Ethan was asking her if she's ever killed a man and that it changes u forever Well tah-dah...welcome to the club Miss Ives, lol.

Im heartbroken over Sembene it hurt my heart sad I do wish there were more ppl of color represented..id like to see a fellow puerto rican (but we know that prob wont happen..not too many other colors beside white living England at that time). Watch..the only brother on the show is gunna prob come back as a spirit and live in Mr. Chandler, lol. Remember the story Sembene told Ethan about the monkey and the crocodile; one becoming one with the they eat Hmm, maybe we haven't lost him folks smiley

Malcolm and Vanessa are VERY similar but im not surprised since they've known eachother all Vanessa's life. I qualify themvas father & daughter, especially since neither had anyone else left.

As for Lily. She is turned on by Dorian also being immortal, the violence they can inflict on others (not to mention the rough sex they can engage in with no consequences). Caliban won't do for her because he's too soft inside but Dorian dont give a freak about what others think, he's wild and i think Lily sees him as an equal. Caliber was just a pathetically creature to her.

That blind girl is wicked! Her people are rotten as well. What Caliban need to do is go crazy on them. Rip their behinds apart before they lock him up for good! He's strong enough.

I have no idea how Sir Macolm and Dr. Frankeistein are gunna escape. Maybe Kali will help so he isnt killed. Her daughter I think lusts for Mr Chandler but love im not sure. He is a turn on for her and can prove very useful but i think she'll sell him out real fast.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dragonking:
@Hunnydropps , I missed u ooo..I have been expecting ur comments on episode 9 since

@DragonKing
I'm back grin
I couldnt wait to get back here and tlk because this last ep was the best!
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
.... Hey family...
... I think Lilly is assembling a monster squad... It's very clear she is doing so if you have been following her speeches....
... Damn, John Clare will now lose total faith in humanity and will without hesitation join Lilly's squad if he is rescued though.....
.... I feel for Sembene though..... Because in that state, Ethan Talbot doesn't know friend from foe....
... The next episode will be mad.... I am even more happy to know that the show has been renewed for season three ...
Cc Hunnydropps, DragonKing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.