Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36211 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Leonidas1: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
i bought the season two but it has just one episode. i was so pissed
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:47am On Jun 03, 2015
solomonbrown64:

Am still on episode 1 season 1.......will catch up before tomorrow ends....great show...fantastic ratings.

thanks. am glad u enjoy it
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2015
Leonidas1:
i bought the season two but it has just one episode. i was so pissed

why buy the CD when u can download it from 02tvseries.com for free.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Episode 6 is out.

But honestly, I don't see the importance of Dorian grey and Angelique disgusting gayish romance. angry
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:
Episode 6 is out.

But honestly, I don't see the importance of Dorian grey and Angelique disgusting gayish romance. angry

Lol...thought I was the only the one..its totally disgusting..... now, we know who Mr Chandler truly is; a werewolf; the Lupus dei.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
solomonbrown64:

Lol...thought I was the only the one..its totally disgusting..... now, we know who Mr Chandler truly is; a werewolf; the Lupus dei.

I believe Mr Chandler already new he was a werewolf but didn't want to believe it. The look on the Butler's face when Chandler changed to a werewolf was priceless. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 5:42am On Jun 11, 2015
Dragonking:

I believe Mr Chandler already new he was a werewolf but didn't want to believe it. The look on the Butler's face when Chandler changed to a werewolf was priceless. grin

Lmao....the dude didn't even know how to react....
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2015
solomonbrown64:

Lmao....the dude didn't even know how to react....

What do you think madam Kali is up to with sir Malcolm. is she in love with him or what?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dragonking:

What do you think madam Kali is up to with sir Malcolm. is she in love with him or what?

Its hard to tell, probably she wants an insider, since she can't get what her master wants without repercussion.... because I don't think she trusts the professor that much.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by TripVoltage: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2015
Enthusiastic Penny Dreadful fans Needed!

I am writing to invite any interested members of your page to assist with the creation of questions for a new quiz game application that is currently under development.

This is a mobile application which has been under development for a year and will be released onto the Google play store, the Windows Phone store and the Apple store later on this year.

We are looking for keen volunteers who would be willing to create questions for the TV show Penny Dreadful, each volunteer would be assigned a single series of the show (or more if they are willing) and would be asked to create around 45 questions per episode of this show.

The questions would be created using a Question Builder that we have created for this purpose, it includes a tutorial, question compilation guidance and support from our staff at our below email address.

All contributors will be credited for their work and a small monetary reward would be available to the right candidates to compensate them for their time spent.

Please visit our site for any further information about the application:

www.wiredvoltage.wix.com/quizit

Or contact us at admin@wiredvoltage.com for any further questions.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
This is my show! Anyone have ideas on whats up with Ferdinand Lyle playing both sides? Im also waiting for Sembene's past to be revealed (he's really mysterious). I was shocked to see how Lilly's acting-up, smh. Miss Ives is intriguing, she's trying to fight the evil around her and is getting so tired...Will she break? Mr. Chandler is cool, dont know why he's gay though??
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
.......Didn't really enjoy the last episode... Vanessa is going down the wrong path.....but the dance scenes was romantic...... can't wait to see Miss Ives and Mr Chandler do the needful.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
I thought Miss Ives & Mr. Chandler were gunna get busy as they had the build up at a maximum...BUT no, of course they'll keep us waiting on that one. LOL.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by solomonbrown64: 7:03am On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
I thought Miss Ives & Mr. Chandler were gunna get busy as they had the build up at a maximum...BUT no, of course they'll keep us waiting on that one. LOL.

..yea, using the excuse of being " dangerous"......can't wait though.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2015
solomonbrown64:
.......Didn't really enjoy the last episode... Vanessa is going down the wrong path.....but the dance scenes was romantic...... can't wait to see Miss Ives and Mr Chandler do the needful.

The last episode was a bit boring because it was centered on just two main characters. Miss Ives fell Mr Chandler's hand as he was expecting some mushu.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:

The question on my mind is what will happen to miss Angelique now that Dorian Grey is falling sexually for the other lady..(can't remember her name). Also, why did she kill that guy at the brothel?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Hunnydropps:
This is my show! Anyone have ideas on whats up with Ferdinand Lyle playing both sides? Im also waiting for Sembene's past to be revealed (he's really mysterious). I was shocked to see how Lilly's acting-up, smh. Miss Ives is intriguing, she's trying to fight the evil around her and is getting so tired...Will she break? Mr. Chandler is cool, dont know why he's gay though??

Mr Chandler is not gay, I don't know why he and Mr Dorian did that stuff..Mr Dorian is just a crazy guy who sleeps with anything.. I still don't know his importance in the series.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Also the way sir Malcolm is being brainwashed by miss Kali, is there any hope for him breaking loose..I see the witches winning in this season as miss Ives have chosen to walk the dark part after using that book.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2015
can someone please give me a brief summary of penny dreadful pls?

im currently watching Ray Donovan , which is the only tv show by showtime im watching,
. is it funny, does it have lots of sex and dirty language?

answers pls
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
vickerz:
can someone please give me a brief summary of penny dreadful pls?

im currently watching Ray Donovan , which is the only tv show by showtime im watching,
. is it funny, does it have lots of sex and dirty language?

answers pls

Penny Dreadful is a British-American horror drama television series created for Showtime and Sky by John Logan, who also acts as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes.

The series draws upon many characters from 19th-century Irish and British fiction, including Dorian Gray from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, Mina Harker and Abraham Van Helsing from Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Victor Frankenstein and his monster from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

wikipedia
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
Cast of penny dreadful:

Eva Green as Miss Ives.

Eva Gaëlle Green is a French actress and model. She started her career in theatre before making her film debut in 2003 in Bernardo Bertolucci's controversial The Dreamers. Wikipedia
Born: July 5, 1980 (age 34), Paris, France
Height: 5' 6" (1.68 m)
Nationality: French
Siblings: Joy Green
Parents: Walter Green, Marlène Jobert

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Josh Hartnett as Mr Chandler

Joshua Daniel "Josh" Hartnett is an American actor and producer. He first came to attention in 1997 for his role as Michael Fitzgerald in the television crime drama series Cracker. Wikipedia
Born: July 21, 1978 (age 36), Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Height: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
Parents: Wendy Anne Hartnett, Daniel Hartnett
Siblings: Jessica Hartnett, Jake Hartnett, Joe Hartnett
Upcoming movie: The Long Home

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timothy Dalton aka James bond as Sir Macolm. (one of my favorite character) grin

Timothy Peter Dalton is a British actor. He is known for portraying James Bond in The Living Daylights and Licence to Kill, as well as Rhett Butler in the television miniseries Scarlett. Wikipedia
Born: March 21, 1944 (age 71), Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Nationality: British
Partner: Oksana Grigorieva (1995–)
Children: Alexander Dalton

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Reeve Carney as Dorian Grey (i dislike this guy)

Reeve Jefferson Carney is an American singer-songwriter and actor. He appeared in the Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark as the character of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Wikipedia
Born: April 18, 1983 (age 32), West Village, New York City, New York, United States
Height: 6' 0" (1.84 m)
Education: University of Southern California
Record label: Interscope Records
Siblings: Zane Carney

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Harry Treadaway as Dr. Frankeistein

Harry John N. Treadaway is an English actor. Wikipedia
Born: September 10, 1984 (age 30), Exeter, United Kingdom
Siblings: Luke Treadaway, Sam Treadaway
Education: London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, Queen Elizabeth's Community College
Nominations: British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Rory Kinnear as The creature

Rory Kinnear is an English actor and playwright who has worked with the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Royal National Theatre. Wikipedia
Born: February 17, 1978 (age 37), London, United Kingdom
Partner: Pandora Colin
Parents: Carmel Cryan, Roy Kinnear
Siblings: Kirsty Kinnear, Karina Kinnear
Awards: Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor, More

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Helen McCrory as Madam Kali ( Currently romancing sir malcolm) kiss

Helen Elizabeth McCrory is a British actress. She portrayed Cherie Blair in both The Queen and The Special Relationship. Wikipedia
Born: August 17, 1968 (age 46), Paddington, London, United Kingdom
Height: 5' 4" (1.63 m)
Spouse: Damian Lewis (m. 2007)
Children: Gulliver Lewis, Manon McCrory-Lewis
Parents: Ian McCrory, Anne McCrory

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Danny Sapani as Sembene ( I like this guy) grin

Danny Sapani is an English actor of Ghanaian descent. Wikipedia
Born: November 15, 1970 (age 44), London, United Kingdom

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Simon Russell Beale as Ferdinand Lyle.

Simon Russell Beale, CBE is an English actor, author and music historian. He has been described by The Independent as "the greatest stage actor of his generation." Wikipedia
Born: January 12, 1961 (age 54), Penang, Malaysia
Parents: Peter Beale, Julia Winter
Education: Guildhall School of Music and Drama (1983), St Paul's Cathedral School, University of Cambridge
Awards: Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor, More
Nominations: Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, More

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:

The question on my mind is what will happen to miss Angelique now that Dorian Grey is falling sexually for the other lady..(can't remember her name). Also, why did she kill that guy at the brothel?

The other lady is Lilly. I think Angelique will keep having sex with Dorian for a while until he tires of her (well him, lol). Dorian seems to have something going for Lilly and its tied to when he slept with her while she was a prostitute (remember Mr Chandler took her out and they bumped into Dorian?). Dorian i thinks trying to figure out why Lilly acts like she doesnt know him and he wants to know why and also sample the new sweet Lilly.

Also, I think Lily killed that guy at the brothel because she's having flashbacks in her mind/body that she can't control but seems pleasing to her when she kills men. I think these urges are tied to being ridiculed and probably violently mistreated at times for being a prostitute. Now she's taking revenge. It seems like Dr. Frankenstein's creations have violent tendencies. Does that sound like it's right? Lol

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:
Also the way sir Malcolm is being brainwashed by miss Kali, is there any hope for him breaking loose..I see the witches winning in this season as miss Ives have chosen to walk the dark part after using that book.

yes sir Malcolm is being brainwashed in a major way. I think that he's going to break away from it but maybe that will be like a cliffhanger for the end of the season and maybe we'll find out in the beginning of next season how they get out of the situation. miss Kali really is doing some juju on him isn't she making those creepy dolls with the blood and the hair and the beating hearts, wow.

the witches are really doing something, right? They made miss Ives use the devil book that she supposedly can't undo so she must have really felt like she had no other choice. I want her soul to be saved and find peace. Those weird naked women that come in the night time with the markings on their chest...are they witches or demons?

I think the help for Miss Ives and Sir Malcolm might come from one of the characters we don't expect.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dragonking:

Mr Chandler is not gay, I don't know why he and Mr Dorian did that stuff..Mr Dorian is just a crazy guy who sleeps with anything.. I still don't know his importance in the series.

You don't consider Mr Chandler as gay or maybe bi sexual being that he slept with Dorian Gray? I've been trying to figure that out what would possess him to do that if he is straight, hmmm
Yeah, I'm not quite sure of the purpose with the Dorian story line as of yet. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Khafi Preaching Against Premarital Sex In Throwback Video / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.