Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon (22403 Views)

Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Low Turnout, Faulty Card Readers Mar's The Election In Port Harcourt. Picture. / Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by jbdasilva(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
Edo State Chief of Staff, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, in this interview with Comfort Oseghale, speaks on the general elections.

How would you assess the conduct of security operatives during the polls?

The conduct of security operatives in the Assembly elections was certainly an amelioration on their performance two weeks ago in Edo State but the same cannot be said of their modus operandi across the length and breadth of the country. They certainly crossed the line of constitutionalism and democratic propriety in states like Rivers, Akwa Ibom and some others, which is certainly depreciable and outrageously despicable.

What would you say was responsible for the low turnout of voters last Saturday?

I’m sure the low voter turnout could be attributable to a vaudeville of ratiocinations. The presidential election attracted more voters ostensibly because that was the political elephant and was therefore occasioned with anttendant publicity ballyhoo. A vast majority of Nigerians were also righteously indignant of the state of economic quagmire, political phantasmagoria and social disequilibrium the philistine and clueless government of President Jonathan has plummeted the country.

They saw in the presidential election a sui generis opportunity to get the yoke off their back and that they did ferociously. This passion was not as frenzied in the last election.

What’s your assessment of yesterday’s polls where APC emerged winner?

I’m not at all in the least surprised as to the marvelous performance of the APC at the polls in Edo State yesterday and this is because it’s a further reconfirmation of the fact that the Edo people are forever grateful to the comrade governor for his tireless and irrefragable efforts in the concrete fructification of the dividends of democracy.

The massive pulverisation of the opposition strongholds demonstrates beyond doubts that the Edo people are no longer prepared to go to Egypt, their political path and that of the comrade governor having utilitarianly intersected at political Damascus.

What effect will the current results have on Edo State’s governorship elections next year?

Of course it is clear now that the political hands and legs of the comrade governor are indubitably strengthened to now guide and guard the succession process to safe destination without fear or favour and let or hindrance.

Edo State is certainly now a one-party state and with the APC in control of federal suzerainty, the comrade governor has become the ultimate godfather of Edo politics but a political godfather guided by conscience, the public good and our collective morality and I wish him well in the days ahead.

http://www.punchng.com/election-watch/low-turnout-was-caused-by-vaudeville-of-ratiocinations-obahiagbon/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by agarawu23(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
lol this man again undecided wait op let me get my dictionary

see trouser like papa ajasco grin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by megaik: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
Brain Tumour....... grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by estyvino(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Chai... Wait... this is what I call kakistomoboplotocracy

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by CyberTerrorist: 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by loomer: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
See trouser

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by IykeChukz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
This is like "Fine butteeeeeeer breaaaaad" to me as TOSIN always shout every morning.
Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
I’m sure the low voter turnout could be attributable to a vaudeville of ratiocinations. The presidential election attracted more voters ostensibly because that was the political elephant and was therefore occasioned with anttendant publicity ballyhoo. A vast majority of Nigerians were also righteously indignant of the state of economic quagmire, political phantasmagoria and social disequilibrium the philistine and clueless government of President Jonathan has plummeted the country.

Translation: more people turned out for the presidential election because it was the main event.

Anyways....I like Hon Obahiagbon. He should run for President in 2019....so that we can enjoy the English language.... smiley

P.S...His wife must be one patient woman.

Modified....A great orator from Nigeria's past was the late Chief K.O Mbadiwe....the man of Timbre and caliber.... grin(1915-90)

Some gems from the worthy gent...(Sauce)

''Logic and illogicality can never meet. If you want the Presidency, that is the logical sequence. If you throw in any other thing, it can never meet, and illogicality and logicality will produce tautology".(1977)

On Zoning..."If all my proposed rotational zones, in their turn, produced Presidents over the years, the need for zoning could perhaps no longer arise, and we would have zoned to unzone".

And a bit of rather un-comprehensible stuff..."When the come, come to become, the unbecome, must become."

May our political sphere be blessed with more orators!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
What took him so long? Was he checking the Web for new grammars to feed us?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Ishilove: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Noise maker

He is not communicating. When you just string together many incomprehensible dictionary words together in a bid to mesmerise your listeners, you will not make sense. And when you don't make sense, you become a noisemaker.

This man is just a big noisemaker

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Sweetguy25: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ratiocination - the process of exact thinking
Vaudeville - a type of entertainment popular chiefly in the US in the early 20th century, featuring a mixture of specialty acts such as burlesque comedy and song and dance.
Ballyhoo - extravagant publicity or fuss
Phantasmagoria - a sequence of real or imaginary images like those seen in a dream.
Sui generis - unique
Irrefragable - not able to be refuted or disproved; indisputable
Fructification - the reproductive organs or fruit of a plant
Suzerainty - is a situation in which a powerful region or people controls the foreign affairs of a tributary vassal state while allowing the subservient nation internal autonomy.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by bokohalal(m): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
I doff my hat. Without a doubt, Obahiagbon is a linguistic genius

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
K
Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by steppin: 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
So people still listen to this failed politician?

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by naijafresh: 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
More grammatical nonsense than simple sense..

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
That guy just just stay out of public soheres for now o.

https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other
Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by stinggy(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
naijafresh:
More nonsense than sense..
I swear

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Blackchampion(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wia is my dick.tionary?
Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by pure2012soul(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
I now understand what motivates this Negro to spew out endless streams of drivel from his mouth. He is always high on expired Oshogbo weed

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Sir, you are not communicating!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ear Plugz Please!

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Hoii(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wahala.
This man no go kill person
Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by tucky200(m): 1:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lmao...buh most times he is always saying the truth grin

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by seedorfg(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
hehehehehehe obiaghon abi na obaagoh, you too funny sir

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by Profkomolafe(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
dis my rose modem no go kill person grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon by thompson1510(m): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
SB!!! Coming back to comment! I wan chop eba tutu, fufu with egusi soup. The person behind me should be careful of my poo... cool cool grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Shuts Down People's FM 104.1 - Lere Olayinka / DSS Raids Dasuki’s House In Abuja, Stops Ex-NSA’s Trip / Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.