Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex (1216 Views)

13 Pictures You’ll Get If You Have A Friend That Keeps Going Back To The Ex / "Please Help!!! Older Women Keep Asking Me To Sleep With Them" / Questions Some Ladies Ask Their Ex-Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by thexzy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
You’ve broken up with him for whatever reason and now you find yourself texting him to say, ‘hi.’ Why? Why can’t you leave him alone and accept the relationship is finished?

This may give you some insight into why you are not letting go of him:

1. Insecurity - No one wants to feel alone, and when you have broken up with someone at 2 in the morning when you can’t sleep, you tend to forget why things were so bad for you both.In your darkest hours, you will remember the fun times and good times. You will believe that if you two got back together, you could make it work.

You analyze what went wrong, and tell yourself that if he was by your side again, you would do things differently.But they won’t be different. You have broken up for a reason. When you are feeling insecure, call your BFF, go and see a professional, or find a new social group to belong to.

When I first separated from my husband, I got out my address book (this was before the iPhone age), and booked up every free night I could. I joined the gym and lost 10 pounds. I treated myself when I wanted to and told myself how wonderful having freedom was. It worked. Years on and I wonder why we even got married in the first place!

2. Challenge - It’s a game to you. You wonder if you can get him to come back to you at a moment’s notice. You know how to push his buttons and you know what turns him on.

It’s not for the right reasons and it’s not a game. Playing with someone else’s feelings is not the thing to do. Men don’t always play games like women tend to – don’t ask me why – they just seem to like life a little less complicated.

So if you want a challenge, join a sporting or recreational club, and challenge yourself to be a better person than before you met him.

3. You Believe You Made a Mistake – If you said goodbye to him, it was no mistake. There was a reason you gave up on you two.

However, when you are alone and everyone else has someone to go out with, you wonder if you made a mistake when you split from him. You look at old photos and find reasons to believe things could have worked out.

Well, they didn’t. And don’t think you made a mistake, because you didn’t do that either. The only mistake you would make now, would be if you went back to him.
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by mhizpeaarl(f): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
dy kip going bck because they realise wat dy lost••n hw much hu dy lft dia ex for aint worth d while, and again ex's hv lng lastn memories on thm especially if dy had a good time together!!! and again tryn to forget someone u loved, is like tryn to remember someone u nva knew

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by liveyourlife: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
Welcome to Change flight 120 948. Tighten ur seat belts. This journey will be a long one. Your pilots will be a bunch of rebranded criminals who believe we are all fools.

Be patient because this ride will be at least 4yrs. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by freshdude99(m): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
I
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Insecurities, fear of moving on to the next guy... Starting all over again nd hving it blow up in ur face again. Nd sometimes we keep fooling ourselves thinking things will b different....when u keep thinking of all the good tht used to be nd turning a blind eye to the bad. in Denial only to get hurt again.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by thexzy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
dy kip going bck because they realise wat dy lost••n hw much hu dy lft dia ex for aint worth d while, and again ex's hv lng lastn memories on thm especially if dy had a good time together!!! and again tryn to forget someone u loved, is like tryn to remember someone u nva knew
That'§ true.....especially if you both had a very good time together then.....After all they do say that: "the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by thexzy(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
katzz2nd:
Insecurities, fear of moving on to the next guy... Starting all over again nd hving it blow up in ur face again. Nd sometimes we keep fooling ourselves thinking things will b different....when u keep thinking of all the good tht used to be nd turning a blind eye to the bad. in Denial only to get hurt again.
you really sound like a pro....is like you've had this experience before or even witnessed one way back in those days.....I don't mean to hurt you with what have said....We are only rubbing minds together okay...
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by thexzy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
liveyourlife:
Welcome to Change flight 120 948. Your pilots will be a bunch of rebranded criminals who believe we are all fools.

cheesy
Na Only God be sure pilot wey me I know.....but pls you are digressing from the thread....Come back home my paddy
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
thexzy:
you really sound like a pro....is like you've had this experience before or even witnessed one way back in those days.....I don't mean to hurt you with what have said....We are only rubbing minds together okay...
well theres some truth to what u saying hey nd no need to feel bad im at a much better place.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Faranopussy:
yeah dear
life
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ok oo
Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by thexzy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
katzz2nd:
well theres some truth to what u saying hey nd no need to feel bad im at a much better place.
that'§ so 9ice to know

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Women Keep Going Back To Their Ex by mhizpeaarl(f): 1:51am On Apr 16, 2015
thexzy:
That'§ true.....especially if you both had a very good time together then.....After all they do say that: "the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".
xactly

(1) (Reply)

hi / . / Risky Love: Couple To Marry 80 Feet Above The Ground On A Rope(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.