Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May (1865 Views)

Nigeria Commences Process To Kick-start New National Airline.. / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pls fellow nairalander I just get in touch wt an old frnd of mine that has been in Uk over 3yrs ago, she said if I can process my visa that she will offer me accommodation and get me a Job and she said a Job opportunity will be open for her around May, that I should make it as quick as possible.
Now what am confused about is where do I start from? I hav a valid Nigeria passport where do I go from there? Can sm1 analyze the steps to take to get a Visa before May, I don't want to fall into the hands of 419. And I need the total cost of all from the visa processing to Ticket. Thanks for ur advice in advance.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hmm, she wants to secure a job for u from tehere. Hmm . I doubt her story. D job that isn't even enough for nigerians dat r there talkless of someone that isn't there yet.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Doncolio(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
What kind of VISA is your friend expecting you to get before May. UK isn't Ghana or SA, your friend should tell you the nature of the Job so you can get proper advice.

About falling into the hands of 419....your story is already entering that lane except you get your details right.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:
Pls fellow nairalander I just get in touch wt an old frnd of mine that has been in Uk over 3yrs ago, she said if I can process my visa that she will offer me accommodation and get me a Job and she said a Job opportunity will be open for her around May, that I should make it as quick as possible.
Now what am confused about is where do I start from? I hav a valid Nigeria passport where do I go from there? Can sm1 analyze the steps to take to get a Visa before May, I don't want to fall into the hands of 419. And I need the total cost of all from the visa processing to Ticket. Thanks for ur advice in advance.

Your friend is deceiving you, the chances of you getting any visa that will allow you to work in the UK is very slim if not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Doncolio:
What kind of VISA is your friend expecting you to get before May. UK isn't Ghana or SA, your friend should tell you the nature of the Job so you can get proper advice.

About falling into the hands of 419....your story is already entering that lane except you get your details right.
Can't really deduce what u meant but she's a frnd and her stay there was dew to the political status of her parent, she she is an adopted child of one former senator, so they could really get me a job tru influence
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Doncolio(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

Can't really deduce what u meant but she's a frnd and her stay there was dew political status, she she was an adopted child of one former senator, so they could really get me a job tru influence

Its clearer now. Simply ask her for the kind of visa she's expecting you to apply for because UK visa is applied for by the applicant (you) and a person in the UK (Your friend).
The other option is the company where you will work backing your application with letters.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

Can't really deduce what u meant but she's a frnd and her stay there was dew to the political status of her parent, she she is an adopted child of one former senator, so they could really get me a job tru influence

You have a dream.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You have a dream.
lool! Dream indeed @Mr op wake up and Do ur findings well o so u dont come back here and lament. Don't let the excitement of traveling over shadow u. I'm sorry to say u sound like a novice sef!.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
whocanbewho:
lool! Dream indeed @Mr op wake up and Do ur findings well o so u dont come back here and lament. Don't let the excitement of traveling over shadow u. I'm sorry to say u sound like a novice sef!.
I am a novice as I don't knw the necessary steps, she said I should apply for an Invitation Visa
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Doncolio(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

I am a novice as I don't knw the necessary steps, she said I should apply for an Invitation Visa

You can't work with such visa. You can be deported if granted such visa and you are working.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

But these are the basic requirement for a british visa, bt mind you it is but not limited to the following: Original, signed Nigeria passport with at
least 6 months of remaining validity.
Passport-type photographs:2

Visa application form. Visa application
form filled out in detail(block letters) and
signed by the applicant.

Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or
itinerary.

Property papers. Property papers if
possible

Bank Statement. Copies of bank
statements from the past 3 months.

Employment Letter. A letter from your
employer/school (on business letterhead,
with contact details), stating that a leave of
absence has been granted and that you will
be returning to your current job. If you are
self-employed, include a copy of your
business license and tax return. If you are
retired please submit proof of your
retirement fund.

Hotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel
Reservations, OR

Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or
family, you must provide letter of invitation
with the contact information of the host and
visitor, purpose and duration of the visit,
confirmation of accommodation including the
address, signature and date. You will also
need to provide proof of the host's status in
United Kingdom ie. copy of their United
Kingdom passport's information page, or, if
they are not a citizen of United Kingdom,
copies of their United Kingdom residence
permit and their national passport's
information pages. Its better u pay a visit to the embassy thou so can ask all your questions there. ADDRESS 11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
PHONE LOCAL: (01) 261.9531
INTERNATIONAL: +234.1.261.9531
FAX LOCAL: (01) 261.4021
INTERNATIONAL: +234.1.261.4021
EMAIL consular.lagos@fco.gov.uk
WEB SITE http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/
Good luck coz u'll need it.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
whocanbewho:
But these are the basic requirement for a british visa, bt mind you it is but not limited to the following: Original, signed Nigeria passport with at
least 6 months of remaining validity.
Passport-type photographs:2

Visa application form. Visa application
form filled out in detail(block letters) and
signed by the applicant.

Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or
itinerary.

Property papers. Property papers if
possible

Bank Statement. Copies of bank
statements from the past 3 months.

Employment Letter. A letter from your
employer/school (on business letterhead,
with contact details), stating that a leave of
absence has been granted and that you will
be returning to your current job. If you are
self-employed, include a copy of your
business license and tax return. If you are
retired please submit proof of your
retirement fund.

Hotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel
Reservations, OR

Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or
family, you must provide letter of invitation
with the contact information of the host and
visitor, purpose and duration of the visit,
confirmation of accommodation including the
address, signature and date. You will also
need to provide proof of the host's status in
United Kingdom ie. copy of their United
Kingdom passport's information page, or, if
they are not a citizen of United Kingdom,
copies of their United Kingdom residence
permit and their national passport's
information pages. Its better u pay a visit to the embassy thou so can ask all your questions there. ADDRESS 11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
PHONE LOCAL: (01) 261.9531
INTERNATIONAL: +234.1.261.9531
FAX LOCAL: (01) 261.4021
INTERNATIONAL: +234.1.261.4021
EMAIL consular.lagos@fco.gov.uk
WEB SITE http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/
Good luck coz u'll need it.
Woow! Thanks a lot bro......we just chatted now she said I should apply for visa that will allow me to work and school, do u think it will be easy to get such, what are the requirement for such visa, as I've got some u stated above the issue nw is the bank statement stuff, am sure she will send invitation letter and other stuffs needed
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

Woow! Thanks a lot bro......we just chatted now she said I should apply for visa that will allow me to work and school, do u think it will be easy to get such, what are the requirement for such visa, as I've got some u stated above the issue nw is the bank statement stuff, am sure she will send invitation letter and other stuffs needed
in that case she's asking u to apply for a student visa. First u look for a uni of ur choice in the UK den u apply to the school. u could either apply for undergraduate or post graduate studies... Wats ur present level of education, let's start from there.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by bebe2(f): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
justwise:

Your friend is deceiving you, the chances of you getting any visa that will allow you to work in the UK is very slim if not impossible.

JUST imagine the insult,

getting a job in the uk is not a problem

its GETTING INTO THE UK dat has always been the challenge.

Holatunde007:

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

That is student visa and it will cost you between £14,000 to £18,000 depending on the location of your school...London or outside London. That amount covers your school fees and maintenance money for a year.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Moana(f): 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
You are already walking into the arms of the biggest 419 you have ever seen

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
whocanbewho:
in that case she's asking u to apply for a student visa. First u look for a uni of ur choice in the UK den u apply to the school. u could either apply for undergraduate or post graduate studies... Wats ur present level of education, let's start from there.
National Diploma (ND)
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
justwise:

That is student visa and it will cost you between £14,000 to £18,000 depending on the location of your school...London or outside London. That amount covers your school fees and maintenance money for a year.
Yeeeeee! U scare me man that's abt a million plus, I ain't that financially ok that much
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Moana:
You are already walking into the arms of the biggest 419 you have ever seen
How?
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Moana(f): 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

How?
you will see when u reach your destination

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Holatunde007:

Yeeeeee! U scare me man that's abt a million plus, I ain't that financially ok that much

A million plus?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by thegreengooner(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sounds like Holatunde007 and whocanbewho are making up a conversation which will result in whocanbewho introducing himself as an agent that can help him get a visa to the uk. It will be successful and then other gullible posters will begin to contact whocanbewho for help following which he will fleece them of their hard earned cash.

That's just what this whole thread seems like...but I could be wrong grin

Now sipping my Nespresso and watching the drama unfold.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
grin
thegreengooner:
Sounds like Holatunde007 and whocanbewho are making up a conversation which will result in whocanbewho introducing himself as an agent that can help him get a visa to the uk. It will be successful and then other gullible posters will begin to contact whocanbewho for help following which he will fleece them of their hard earned cash.

That's just what this whole thread seems like...but I could be wrong grin

. The OP opened a thread seeking for help and I'm sure u saw how desperate he sounded. Read my prev post, I gave him the basic requirements and even added the embassy address. So to you any1 tryng to help anoda forum member on travel issues is an agent. If you are waiting for any drame to unfold na here u go old. grin
thegreengooner:

That's just what this whole thread seems like...but I could be wrong

. Ur nt only wrong bt u mumu join. The OP opened a thread seeking for help and I'm sure u saw how desperate he sounded. Read my prev post, I gave him the basic requirements and even added the embassy address. So to you any1 tryng to help anoda forum member on travel issues is an agent. If you are waiting for any drame to unfold na here u go old. smiley
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by thegreengooner(m): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
whocanbewho:
grin. The OP opened a thread seeking for help and I'm sure u saw how desperate he sounded. Read my prev post, I gave him the basic requirements and even added the embassy address. So to you any1 tryng to help anoda forum member on travel issues is an agent. If you are waiting for any drame to unfold na here u go old. grin. Ur nt only wrong bt u mumu join. The OP opened a thread seeking for help and I'm sure u saw how desperate he sounded. Read my prev post, I gave him the basic requirements and even added the embassy address. So to you any1 tryng to help anoda forum member on travel issues is an agent. If you are waiting for any drame to unfold na here u go old. smiley

undecided

Yeah whatever gets you to sleep at night.

You do know that nobody submits applications at the Embassy High Commission right?
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
thegreengooner:

undecided

Yeah whatever gets you to sleep at night.

You do know that nobody submits applications at the Embassy High Commission right?
and u should know dats the first place u should go if u looking to make inquiries. Dats the way u jump from thread to thread making meaningless contributions.
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by thegreengooner(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
whocanbewho:
and u should know dats the first place u should go if u looking to make inquiries. Dats the way u jump from thread to thread making meaningless contributions.

You didn't even get the humour in my post...read between the lines.

First you called me mumu, now I'm a meaningless contributor. Okay sir thank you!

Mr OP are you satisfied or do you need more advice? The hungry agents are lurking by. Better shine ya eye!!! grin
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by whocanbewho(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
thegreengooner:

You didn't even get the humour in my post...read between the lines.

First you called me mumu, now I'm a meaningless contributor. Okay sir thank you!

Mr OP are you satisfied or do you need more advice? The hungry agents are lurking by. Better shine ya eye!!! grin
lool. No vex bro... Implying I'm an agent wen I was only trying to put the guy thu got on my nerves. The first I told the op was that he's a novice and he admitted. That's d reason I directed him to where he should go before he falls into a very deep pit ( agents).
Re: Pls Help me On The Process To Get My Visa to UK Before May by Holatunde007(m): 4:27am On Apr 18, 2015
I wonder y dis has to make issues here, when I was abt getting the point from dat dude, before u came nd Orubabe the discussion
E pain me oooo

(1) (Reply)

Need List Of Affordable Schools In Canada [canadian Students] / If You Want To Travel Always Have A Plan B And C(photo) / Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.