Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (36922 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Remove south south from South East we don't have any bizness with you people just like we don't have bizness with d north and west...d igbos think we fools stop bringing the south south into ur biafra..

I didn't know where you're from but I was 100% sure you're not from SS from your comment. Look at the map of Nigeria first. Nobody from SS will be happy the way the whole Nigeria is feasting on their oil and rubbing it all in your face daily.
No insult intended but Thank God you're now busted cos u were just being mischievous. Smh

collynzo2:
See this Kogi state fool hahahaha.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
My name is....
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kestolove95(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

I didn't know where you're from but I was 100% sure you're not from SS from your comment. Nobody from SS will be happy the way a a whole Nigeria is feeding off their oil and rubbing it all in your face daily
Thank God you're now busted

all what am saying is that igbos should stop associating their struggles with the south south..if biafra shud succeed today don't fink we a part of it as we to want our own freedom...igbos are eyeing our oil you think we don't know...no wonder people. Call it Biafra

11 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
collynzo2:
Being in the opposition will be the best thing for both regions especially the South South which is responsible for most of Nigeria's revenue.
The clamour for resource control is no longer left in the hands of militants but will now be championed by elected officials of the highest level. No more party solidarity to silence them.
Someone like Governor Wike will be in the fore front.
Even at that, we won't allow our local and state officials to rest until we get what we want. As time progresses we will be making suggestions and demands to all of them. So it will not just be a Federal thing alone. States and LGs will feel the heat.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Exactly the idea. It is for a permanent unification and not just a temporary idea. The term SS and SE itself project "disunity" hence, I use the term eastern region. You know look at our Northern Neighbours hardly refer to NE or NW. Those are just political terms. We have no choice but to be united. By the grace of God we will achieve that.

YOU SHOULD TRY VERY HARD TO UNITE ALL OUR LAWYERS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD .VOLUNTEER'S .

DONATIONS ,ASSOCIATIONS .
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Here lies your ignorance and hypocrisy. EU is a regional bloc, same with AU and ECOWAS. They aren't divisive but promoting regional interest within the Global Sphere. Is UEFA and CAF divisive? Why not get to read about regional integration at "all levels"? Even Eastern and Western Germany sorted their differences to unite. See, you are becoming disgusting honestly.

You have no idea the importance of regional unity. I'm done with you!
EU, ECOWAS and co are bringing countries together, if you are so much interested in unity, let's bring Nigeria together. The world via ECOWAS on co is trying to people together irrespective of race and tribe while you are doing the exact opposite.

I guess am done here.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kay1one2(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Politics is a game of power not pleas! Nobody could've imagined an ijaw man leading this country for six years but it happened! We can play our cards right and retain power politically without bloodshed of course!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kay1one2(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
all what am saying is that igbos should stop associating their struggles with the south south..if biafra shud succeed today don't fink we a part of it as we to want our own freedom...igbos are eyeing our oil you think we don't know...no wonder people. Call it Biafra

Look at this kebbi state indigene!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
But why did you have to claim you're from south south?

If that's not inferiority complex, then tell me what is

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
raumdeuter:

Has there been anything that bound SS and SE together historically?

All these fake marriages. That was how before election it was SE, SS and MB

Now Middle Belt have been dropped from the equation to SS and SE.

How is an Oba of Bini related to an Eze from Afikpo. Thats what we call a marriage of strange bedfellows

MIDDLE BELT ARE WELCOME TO JOIN BUT THEY SHOULD STRIVE AND SHOW MORE CONCERN FOR IT .

YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM MB

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
The creation of South Eastern (today's Cross River and Akwa Ibom states) State and Rivers (today's Rivers and Bayelsa states) State by Yakubu Gowon on 27 May 1967 was welcomed by the minority Ogoja, Ibibio, Anang, Efik, Ijaw, Ikwerre, Andoni, Engeni, etc.

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
kay1one2:
Politics is a game of power not pleas! Nobody could've imagined an ijaw man leading this country for six years but it happened! We can play our cards right and retain power politically without bloodshed of course!
Stop all these Nobody could've imagined an ijaw man leading this country for six years but it happened!
Gowon is from a group smaller than the ijaw and he was head of states.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

EU, ECOWAS and co are bringing countries together, if you are so much interested in unity, let's bring Nigeria together. The world via ECOWAS on co is trying to people together irrespective of race and tribe while you are doing the exact opposite.

I guess am done here.
Ecowas is concerned with West African States, Eu with European, this one is concerned with "Eastern" Region and old MidWest. The context of EU and Ecowas is global, the contest with this unification is National. Take your ignorance and hypocrisy elsewhere.

Good you are done. Bye-bye!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
raumdeuter:

[s]Has there been anything that bound SS and SE together historically?

All these fake marriages. That was how before election it was SE, SS and MB

Now Middle Belt have been dropped from the equation to SS and SE.

How is an Oba of Bini related to an Eze from Afikpo. Thats what we call a marriage of strange bedfellows[/s]

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

I guess am done here.
I'm sorry dear but I've known you to be more articulate than what you're doing here.
U of all people should know that ECOWAS promotes regional interest na. Haba

12 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Ecowas is concerned with West African States, Eu with European, this one is concerned with "Eastern" Region and old MidWest. The context of EU and Ecowas is global, the contest with this unification is National. Take your ignorance and hypocrisy elsewhere.

Good you are done. Bye-bye!!!!

Excellent rebuttal. cool

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
collynzo2:
Being in the opposition will be the best thing for both regions especially the South South which is responsible for most of Nigeria's revenue.
The clamour for resource control is no longer left in the hands of militants but will now be championed by elected officials of the highest level. No more party solidarity to silence them.
Someone like Governor Wike will be in the fore front.

Party and he is our brother solidarity are both gone. The incoming National assembly will be brutal, because of the frank debate, about who owns and does what in this country. APC does not know what's about to hit them. The power of democracy is about to take center stage. I also foresee a clear ideological divide emerging from the SS/SE. The functions/limitation of government will also take a center stage too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kay1one2(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

Stop all these Nobody could've imagined an ijaw man leading this country for six years but it happened!
Gowon is from a group smaller than the ijaw and he was head of states.

My point is nobody begs their way to power but fights for it! My boss once told me that nigerian politics and u.k politics are alike in that minorities like scots or welsh rarely ever get to rule. Hence if any minority wants to rule they have to work hard and orchestrate a victory since the numbers are few. Something the south should start working out!

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
raumdeuter:
I guess this would exclude Delta and Edo states since they were not in the old Eastern region

Not all parts of Delta.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

MIDDLE BELT ARE WELCOME TO JOIN BUT THEY SHOULD STRIVE AND SHOW MORE CONCERN FOR IT .

YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM MB

the truth is that the poster you quoted isn't concerned with any unity but to maintain the status quo. Many people don't understand or choose not to understand what this is about. It is due to ignorance, foolishness, or not to offend some people or fear of a united easterners. We have serious task ahead.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Remove south south from South East we don't have any bizness with you people just like we don't have bizness with d north and west...d igbos think we fools stop bringing the south south into ur biafra..

Before you run mad, note that the OP is Ijaw from the Niger Delta and not Igbo. undecided

14 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
I know francizy and softsparky will always come to school late....Abeg make I siddon listen to this yarn...Nah the way forward be this my people...

Kindly ignore all attention seekers and touts who may want to derail the thread...

Most importantly, I think@barcanista and truckpusher serving as organizers should use this thread more as head count and awareness creation and avoid discussing any important issues or strategies openly here...Some meetings offline may help...Dropping whatever plans here in the open may not be in our best interest...thanks to all eastern brothers and sisters....

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

I'm sorry dear but I've known you to be more articulate than what you're doing here.
Are also putting ecowas and opc in the same context?
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Exactly the idea. It is for a permanent unification and not just a temporary idea. The term SS and SE itself project "disunity" hence, I use the term eastern region. You know look at our Northern Neighbours hardly refer to NE or NW. Those are just political terms. We have no choice but to be united. By the grace of God we will achieve that.

They are deceiving us. They call themselves the North while we keep saying SE & SS. Enough of disunity already!

11 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
I was discussing with a US based lawyer recently and he said to me 'There's no better time for SS and SE to unite than now'
I guess this barcanista guy took the words from his mouth.
Well done oga Barcanista
Please do not relent in championing this cause. With the recent development in Nigeria, The seed has been planted in many hearts already

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by obi4eze(m): 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
OP your opinion is dead on arrival so go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
kay1one2:

My point is nobody begs their way to power but fights for it! My boss once told me that nigerian politics and u.k politics are alike in that minorities like scots or welsh rarely ever get to rule. Hence if any minority wants to rule they have to work hard and orchestrate a victory since the numbers are few. Something the south should start working out!
People lobby their way into power rather than fight for power. Work hard to lobby other, potray yourself as a friend to all and people will key into your plans.

If this thread is about power, can the SE and SS alone get that power except we are preaching treason here.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

No mind her. She's displaying her ignorance. Ask her whether she has ever commented to condemn a pro-Odua thread or pro-Arewa.

5 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:
Thread to unify Nigeria and Nigerians against our common enemy (poverty and corruption) or thread to unify a region against the others? The later am not part of.

You are trying to enforce one party system. No way.

The Old Eastern bloc should be ready to give Nigerians a credible opposition that will make the Government at the centre responsible to all its citizens.

Those that were against GEJ including their media outfit will now change from their so-called social crusading to fanatics hence the two opposing camps should never merge.

The South-west championed the ridiculous hate campaign filled with diatribes and falsehood with the North denying every gesture of Mr President notwithstanding massive concentration of investments in their regions.

The only prayer you got to offer here is that their unity should be solely for political and mutual benefits as were the case of Southwest and Northern Nigeria.

The zone should be encouraged to build on the existing South-south/South-East economic master plan to develop the region to enviable modern day livable cities where citizens are served.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:
I was discussing with a US based lawyer recently and he said to me 'There's no better time for SS and SE to unite than now'
I guess this barcanista guy took the words from his mouth.
Well done oga Barcanista
Please do not relent in championing this cause. With the recent development in Nigeria, The seed has been planted in many hearts already
Unite for what reason exactly? Unite against others?

Why not SE and SW or SE and NE

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
I know francizy and softsparky will always come to school late....Abeg make I siddon listen to this yarn...Nah the way forward be this my people...

Kindly ignore all attention seekers and touts who may want to derail the thread...

Most importantly, I think@barcanista and truckpusher serving as organizers should use this thread more as head count and awareness creation and avoid discussing any important issues or strategies openly here...Some meetings offline may help...Dropping whatever plans here in the open may not be in our best interest...thanks to all eastern brothers and sisters....

Swirry softysparky, do you discuss politics?

Whynotthetruth I don't think this topic is her kinda thing oh.. Hehhehehe, next time just tag only me..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Magu: DSS Orders Journalists Out Of Presidential Villa / Governor Soludo's Declaration Ending Sit-At-Home In Anambra / Fact Check Of Atiku's Interview With Arise TV By The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.