Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (36929 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by psalmizt(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2015
joeyfire:

If the SS/SE refuse to have sense it will be a pity. If they allow petty disagreements over who is boss override the bigger picture they will be left behind. It all became clear to me when I saw this last year.

the outcome of the last election has shown that there is an existential threat. My personal take in all of this is that the SW is up for the best negotiator they court anyone that meets their needs. The elections also revealed to me the North is back as 1. The 19 states are now United in their voice. The rest of Nigeria, and I must say the SE in particular with connivance of the SS blew the chance to draw them closer after Obasanjo succeeded in bring in the 6 geopolitical concept to confuse them. The NC can always be courted but that requires huge efforts especially if the incoming govt gets gets their acts right.

Nigeria is one big strategic ball with silent wars fought across the regionS. Even the SS have to battle it out when u consider the no love lost relationship between isokos, ijaws, efik, benins, urhobos, kwales, itsekiris, it is is a massive piece of work to unite the SS. Until this is seen as an existential threat no meaningful progress would be made.

Need I state at this point that these regions must fight for relevance and not the pitiful approach that GEJ the top job. Careful planning must be done. Similar to Asiwaju's 16 year plan to get the presidency. It must calculate and strategic. No one should expect father Christmas all the time
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by GreenCap: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Zik won a seat for Lagos in Western region parliament by 1951 but
Awo broke away from NCNC to form AG so as to become the Premier.

The first professor in Nigeria Eyo Ita from Calabar became the Leader of
government for Eastern region by 1951 but the cabinet dissolved and
Zik became Premier in 1954 and moved the capital city to Enugu.

Minorities in the East lost the Premiership to the majority...
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
relchange:

yes, but we still need Ibaka, and we must push for its completion

you see, nigeria is a place where you must not allow even the slightest of injustice to be meted to you, else more injustices will be visited on you.
this is the primary lesson for the Easterners in Nigeria.
we have allowed too many injustices against us for far too long.
because of that, others are not taking us seriously.
we must never allow these people to keep taking us for fools.
let the work begin.

so, yes to Port harcourt, calabar, warri, and ... IBAKA.

I completely agree with you, Ibaka will be seen to the end. But the current ports must be brought on stream NOW.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
psalmizt:

the outcome of the last election has shown that there is an existential threat. My personal take in all of this is that the SW is up for the best negotiator they court anyone that meets their needs. The elections also revealed to me the North is back as 1. The 19 states are now United in their voice. The rest of Nigeria, and I must say the SE in particular with connivance of the SS blew the chance to draw them closer after Obasanjo succeeded in bring in the 6 geopolitical concept to confuse them. The NC can always be courted but that requires huge efforts especially if the incoming govt gets gets their acts right.

Nigeria is one big strategic ball with silent wars fought across the regionS. Even the SS have to battle it out when u consider the no love lost relationship between isokos, ijaws, efik, benins, urhobos, kwales, itsekiris, it is is a massive piece of work to unite the SS. Until this is seen as an existential threat no meaningful progress would be made.

Need I state at this point that these regions must fight for relevance and not the pitiful approach that GEJ the top job. Careful planning must be done. Similar to Asiwaju's 16 year plan to get the presidency. It must calculate and strategic. No one should expect father Christmas all the time

I hope you are not trying to derail this thread. Your tribal slant is already giving you away as the regular NL impostors and liars. Keep your pretentiousness fights and disagreement to yourself. The focus of this thread is moving beyond non issues. If you have nothing to add, then do the right thing, by opening another thread to discussion your pretentiousness crap. angry angry angry
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by psalmizt(m): 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
atlwireles:

I hope you are not trying to derail this thread. Your tribal slant is already giving you away as the regular NL impostors and liars. Keep your pretentiousness fights and disagreement to yourself. The focus of this thread is moving beyond non issues. If you have nothing to add, then do the right thing, by opening another thread to discussion your pretentiousness crap. angry angry angry

if you re looking for an ethnic bigot sorry you have to look elsewhere. U can check my posts b4 u draw any conclusion.

I personally know what the ethnic nationalities in delta state face in order to have a voice. My saying the different ethnic group need to see this as an existential threat has nothing to do with being wiped off. My point is in order to have relevance in the Nigerian state certain groups need to align. Alignmeet and pacts are as old as mankind so I see no big deal in saying this. Most times people sign up treaties for the purpose of remaining relevant and avoiding disappearing from the face of the earth. So Mr if you do not understand a post asking for clarity won't belittle you. By the way, this post is for the purpose of uniting a somewhat divided region
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
psalmizt:

if you re looking for an ethnic bigot sorry you have to look elsewhere. U can check my posts b4 u draw any conclusion.

I personally know what the ethnic nationalities in delta state face in order to have a voice. My saying the different ethnic group need to see this as an existential threat has nothing to do with being wiped off. My point is in order to have relevance in the Nigerian state certain groups need to align. Alignmeet and pacts are as old as mankind so I see no big deal in saying this. Most times people sign up treaties for the purpose of remaining relevant and avoiding disappearing from the face of the earth. So Mr if you do not understand a post asking for clarity won't belittle you. By the way, this post is for the purpose of uniting a somewhat divided region

Keep this thread on topic. Don't bring pretentious nonsense here.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by psalmizt(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
atlwireles:

Keep this thread on topic. Don't bring pretentious nonsense here.

I wonder who made you the judge in here... Please do not come and celebrate your ignorance here. I have spoken about an issue relating to the topic so I don't know where you get your phantom thread derailment. Why not provide your own thinking for other members of the thread to evaluate rather than pontificate on others... I have no time for the ethnic bashing that u re insinuating just that you know i am from d said region even though I have lived in other regions which I also call home. So get off my case
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
psalmizt:

I wonder who made you the judge in here... Please do not come and celebrate your ignorance here. I have spoken about an issue relating to the topic so I don't know where you get your phantom thread derailment. Why not provide your own thinking for other members of the thread to evaluate rather than pontificate on others... I have no time for the ethnic bashing that u re insinuating just that you know i am from d said region even though I have lived in other regions which I also call home. So get off my case

Mister, stay on topic. Go and create another thread to discuss your crap.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by obi4eze(m): 1:51am On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
you sound pathetic. Ojukwu(of cursed memory) ran away frm battle after Adekunle had taught him the lessons of his life. His Deputy, Useless Effiong surrendered and you are saying that it was planned? Hahahaah
You should be ashamed that Coward Ojukwu was ashamed of his own people, hence he couldn't invest in the East nor build properties there. Coward Ojukwu looted the treasury as Eastern Governor while you ppl suffer. He(Ojukokoro) contested for and lost ALL elections on his own turf to even a Yorubaman(Obj) and Fulaniman (Yaradua). He even lost WOEFULLY in his Senate bid to a Newbie in Nnewi. Even today, an Ijawman in the person of Goodluck Jonathan is considered the MESSIAH and GOD of the Igbos over any Iboman. That same Ijawman will always hold Adekunle in highest esteem.
Adekunle on the otherhand may not by RICH but his reputation as a greatman and heroics lives with him and after him. Today, we can't talk of the success of the Nigerian Army over Biafran secessionist without Adekunle name. His generation shall be proud.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by eye4eye: 2:08am On May 01, 2015
barcanista:
Very Important:
1. If you are an Igbo Supremacist, Ijaw Supremacist, Urhobo Supremacist, Efik Supremacist, Ikwerre Supremacist, Ibibio Supremacist or any other tribal supremacist, this thread is NOT for you. Though we will be glad to see everyone drop their supremacist ideology.

2. We don't need to be violent to get what we want. If you are a promoter of violence, please drop the idea and embrace strategic and non violent means. The West(Yorubas) is a typical example of pursuing an interest without firing a single bullet. It is not cowardice to be strategic, it is not bravery to be violent.

3. To people of non-eastern origin, this thread is neither an Eastern supremacist thread nor a racist thread. It is a thread that is aimed at promoting the socio-political and economic interests of the "easterners" within the Nigeria State(similar to Afenifere Renewal Group and Northern Groups).

4. The term "easterners" include our brother in the defunct Mid-western region I.e Present day Edo and Delta States. It does not exclude those with "eastern" origin in diaspora.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by handsometokunbo: 3:14am On May 01, 2015
kestolove95:
Remove south south from South East we don't have any bizness with you people just like we don't have bizness with d north and west...d igbos think we fools stop bringing the south south into ur biafra..

I don't know why these greedy people are hell - bent to force ss people to join them.

Soon,,they would be shouting betrayal betrayal
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by nwadiuko1(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
Obiagelli:

People lobby their way into power rather than fight for power. Work hard to lobby other, potray yourself as a friend to all and people will key into your plans.

If this thread is about power, can the SE and SS alone get that power except we are preaching treason here.
if you think the word "power" means only being in an elective office like presidency then I think you need a lesson
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by nwadiuko1(m): 9:59pm On May 30, 2015
Obiagelli:

I have always called for a strong opposition, in fact when i identified with the Apc, i never thought they will win the presidential election, i was praying that they win the Senate.

Join hands and build the pdp instead of these zone nonsense, 40% of the SW voted the pdp in both elections in March and April. The pdp does not belong to any zone. So i don't get your point.
I don't think this is just all about playing opposition.....this is mostly about regional integration
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by nwadiuko1(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2015
PassingShot:

Can APGA or LP achieve anything for you nationally speaking?

This Eastern Region union will get you no where, I promise.

You make it look like GEJ lost because of a gang-up whereas you know in the innermost part of your heart that he lost because he failed.

Just for your info, what Rochas, Amaechi, Ogbonna Onu and Ngige are doing is what some of you need to support instead of tagging them as betrayers.

You guys are already showing your political naivety by seeing it as a fight between SS/SE and the rest of the country. It won't bring you anything other than further delineation from the rest of the "world".
just wait till this political alignment between north and south west cracks ant then I bet you l change your veiws about what we r doing here
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by MCMLXXVI(m): 6:56am On Oct 27, 2015
Most of the people doing this Biafra thing are the most thoughtless, childish, emotional and gullible people in the SE.
This thread is an obvious testimony.
Any faker and con artist can come in here and deceive these gullible people at any point in time. Anybody.
See as the widely discredited Barcanista take fool these dullards simply by singing "Old Eastern Union" and a sizeable number of the iddiots sang along
Please, keyboard Biafrans, go look for ways you can be beneficial to your hometowns via development and STOP being a nuisance to the many proud Igbos like me!
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by MCMLXXVI(m): 7:00am On Oct 27, 2015
MCMLXXVI:
Most of the people doing this Biafra thing are the most thoughtless, childish, emotional and gullible people in the SE.
This thread is an obvious testimony.
Any faker and con artist can come in here and deceive these gullible people at any point in time. Anybody.
See as the widely discredited Barcanista take fool these dullards simply by singing "Old Eastern Union" and a sizeable number of the iddiots sang along
Please, keyboard Biafrans, go look for ways you can be beneficial to your hometowns via development and STOP being a nuisance to the many proud Igbos like me!

cc: Pazienza, Obiagu1, Afam4eva, Onlytruth, Nwanlecha, Biafranqueen, Devilhimself, Bloodkiller, Nobledandy, Ezeagu.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by biafranqueen: 12:29am On Oct 28, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

cc: Pazienza, Obiagu1, Afam4eva, Onlytruth, Nwanlecha, Biafranqueen, Devilhimself, Bloodkiller, Nobledandy, Ezeagu.
So please post what I have said about Biafra...I always say we need to build our region and learn to control our states before we actualize. Please leave me out of your ranting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva And Governor Wike Laughing, Shaking Each Other (Caption Photo) / Chuba Ezekwesili Graduates From Yale University (Photos) / New Adorable Photos Of Kiki Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.