Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,145 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th (29359 Views)

Youths Stone Nneoma Okorocha's Convoy In Imo Over Power Supply/Amnesty Funds / Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / Patience Jonathan Hands Over ALFPM Presidency… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by ducii: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan will hand over the reigns of affairs of the country to the President-elect, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on May 28, about 24 hours before Buhari’s inauguration.

Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Wednesday at the end of the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Jonathan.

Akwashiki said Jonathan would hand over to Buhari at a dinner on the eve of the May 29 Democracy Day.

She said, “By May 28, the President intends to have the formal handing over done at a dinner so that we can reserve May 29 for the incoming government.

“By May 28, we are expected to have concluded our own government and we are welcoming the incoming government.

“Also you know May 29 is our Democracy Day. So, we have activities lined up all through that week, showcasing all what we have achieved and all other things we do normally on our Democracy Day except that this year is special with the inauguration of our new President that is coming up on May 29.”

She added that the President had directed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to prepare their handover notes and submit same to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim, on or before April 20.

She said it was Anyim’s responsibility to compile the notes which will form Jonathan’s handover document to his successor.

She further said while the valedictory FEC meeting would hold on May 20, everything that requires the President’s approval must be presented to him latest on May 13 so that the incoming government would not accuse him of rushing projects.

The minister added that Jonathan had directed MDAs to brief him on inherited projects and the ones initiated by his administration under their jurisdiction.

She said the briefings were expected to include the status of the projects and levels of implementation.

The minister added, “The President emphasised on the need for all MDAs to submit their handing over notes to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation by 20th of this month, that is next Monday. So we are going to be very busy this weekend putting our handing over notes together.

“The President also emphasised that he would require another little briefing from all MDAs to indicate inherited projects, how far they have been executed and initiated projects by his administration and the level of completion, whether completed, ongoing or abandoned.”

She said the present administration was doing everything possible to ensure smooth transition, adding that Vice President Namadi Sambo is heading the government’s transition committee while Anyim is heading the inauguration committee.

Akwashiki however said notwithstanding the transition programme, governance had not stopped in the country.

“That is not to say that governance has stopped, of course we are in government until the day the President-elect takes his oath of office,” she explained.

Meanwhile, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke; and the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, were among a few ministers who did not attend the Wednesday meeting.

The meeting was the first one held after the March 28 presidential election which Jonathan lost to Buhari.

Before the President arrived the venue, some ministers, especially the core politicians among them used the opportunity to review the polls and their performances in their various states.

They formed small groups to take stock zone-by-zone.

Minister of Police Affairs, Mr. Jelili Adesiyan; Minister of State II, Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro; Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory, Olajumoke Akinjide; and the Minister of State, Works, Dayo Adeyeye, were seen engrossed in discussion on the Peoples Democratic Party’s performance in the South West while awaiting Jonathan’s arrival at the venue.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-hands-over-power-on-may-28/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by christaddicted: 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
seen

Wow! FTC.. Good omen..

Out of joke i dropped a commentary.
Out of joke i became the FTC.
Out of joke i made fp.

...a peaceful & successful May 28 i pray.

Shoutout to Mprex, PastorOluT, Anambra11, Ishilove, Godprophet, God2man & to all those i'm following & follow-back crew.

God bless Nairalanders.

God bless Nairaland.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by kestolove95(m): 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
We Don hear 7weeks minister grin

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by jascon1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why madueke n iweala day run?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
It does not matter whether he hands over power on may 28th or may 32nd, what matters is that he did a good job as a president, and he would be remembered for his hardwork even though he was hated by all, but he was finally loved by God his creator for a Job well done...

Jonathan the best democratic president nigeria ever had...

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Is he giving himself and Shepopotamus enough time to flee?

All borders and airport closed from 28th to 30th

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by winta2007(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good For Them
Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whatever, angry angry undecided
28th or 29th, not a day more, infact he can hand over today.
We should celebrate on the 28th, to mark GEJ's "ass whooping day"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
Omo na project be this o
But u people will have to defend the project infront of GMB
He is ur project supervisor

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
It does not matter whether he hands over power on may 28th or may 32nd, what matters is that he did a good job as a president, and he would be remembered for his hardwork even though he was hated by all, but he was finally loved by God his creator for a Job well done...

Finally loved by God. Meaning he was initially hated by God Himself.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by ITbomb(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
After one year he will be missed

Trust me

But don't miss this one
Get free legitimate data on your Airtel line on www.ityunit..in/2015/04/get-free-data-on-your-airtel-line.html

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
The man failed ..can he handover voluntarily today undecided

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Strongfaze(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
The way you are planning things smoothly now, if you had done same earlier, you would have just continued unopposed in Aso Rock!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Demdem(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Honestly, i simply cant wait for this curse of a president to go back to otueke. Never again will we find ourselves ruled by a world acclaimed fool. Never Never again.

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by temitemi1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
We will miss u Mr President cry cry kiss. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by chymystique(f): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
So this is how GEJ ended up without Completing his Journey... Indeed in this life nothing is permanent.. kai!

I wish you well in your Future endeavours GEJ the father of Modern demoCraCy in Nigeria...

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Sanchez01: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
aanumama:
Whatever, angry angry undecided
28th or 29th, not a day more, infact he can hand over today.
We should celebrate on the 28th, to mark GEJ's "ass whooping day"
Lolz... We wouldn't mind the 25th sef. The earlier it is, the better for our morale.

Muguliciousmugu, biko, enough of this hero thing. The election was clearly not about GEJ VS GMB, rather, GEJ VS Electorates. There was no way he would have won, owing to the fact that Nigeria's wheel was thrown into the hands of looters and thieves.

He wouldn't have forced himself down the throats of electorates because people needed a new government and would have done anything to make it happen. He knew he was contesting against the people who once voted him. E for no concede defeat make you come see wetin go happen!

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Ilekeh(f): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Let's just hurry it up to April 28th.

By then, his boat ride to Otuoke will be ready.

Meanwhile, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke; and the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, were among a few ministers who did not attend the Wednesday meeting.

Of course na. Madueke was busy seeking for asylum, while Ngozi was busy tidying up her CV/resume.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by blacksta(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
ITbomb:

Trust me

Big lie...

I wish he could handover much earlier... Who is going to miss the likes of Okupe, Abati, Mama Piss, Reno

You are kidding yourself

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by stepo707: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
ITbomb:

Trust me

This one is very very true.we may not realise it now but by next year,southsouth,south east and south west will groan and by then it would be too late.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by kokoA(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Atleast Sambo go do one work after almost six years grin Head of transition committee.. grin I can't wait to stop seeing their yeye faces on my tv jare.. Yimu..

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by theV0ice: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
ITbomb:

Trust me

I've thought of everything i could miss if Jonathan leaves...as in things of good report......

NOTHING AT ALL......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I wish him the best anyway. He tried his best but he was way out of his league in that office.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by doctokwus: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
I had a dream yesterday that my dream of a GMB victory was a dream.
But even in that dream I was crying,asking God what sin Nigerians have committed to b cursed with GEJ for another 4yrs.The prophet in d dream now told me that because there are too many liars, murderers, crooks and deviants in Nigeria,God wants to punish us for 4 more years for our docility in accepting such characters at d helm of our affairs for several years such that after 4 more years our sufferings under GEJ would have been so terrible,we wouldn't need anyone to guide us to doing d right thing by taking our destinies into our hands.
When I woke up and realised d reality of a GMB presidency,I did d sign of d cross.But this May 29 for GMB to take over is now looking so distant because of this nightmare I had.
I wish the handover is tomorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

stop having sex with yourself. It feels good, but u are only deceiving yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by LewisO: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Enough of this... U like it or not u will still hand-over to the right man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by datguru: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Gbolask24(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
we all know na waitin gan

Formal Beauty Queen Tope show off major Major Cleavage in new photos
SEE PHOTOS HERE==>>http://bwgist.com/celebrities/formal-beauty-queen-tope-show-off-major-major-cleavage-in-new-photos/
Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by SleekyP(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
cool
Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by holyokoto(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
BOOKING
Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by sammyj: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
I pity Obanikoro in all this saga because he lost his chance for the governorship seat and opportunity to serve as a minister for another 4 years. After all president Jonathan allowed people like Koro to hang around him even after it was obvious the likes of Koro, Okupe and FFK are corrupt and bad image to his administration !!! cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th by Misogynist2014(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
Bye to cluelessness

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal / Card Reader Rejects Lai Mohammed (Photo) / Abba Kyari's Extradition: Only Court Can Decide - AG, Malami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.