Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 (865 Views)

Patience Jonathan Hands Over ALFPM Presidency… / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by lalasticlala(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan will hand over the reigns of affairs of the country to the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on May 28.

This will be coming 24 hours before Buhari’s inauguration.

Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Wednesday at the end of the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Jonathan.

“Jonathan would hand over to Buhari at a dinner on the eve of the May 29 Democracy Day.

“By May 28, the President intends to have the formal handing over done at a dinner so that we can reserve May 29 for the incoming government.

“By May 28, we are expected to have concluded our own government and we are welcoming the incoming government.

“Also you know May 29 is our Democracy Day. So, we have activities lined up all through that week, showcasing all what we have achieved and all other things we do normally on our Democracy Day except that this year is special with the inauguration of our new President that is coming up on May 29,” she said.

She added that Jonathan had also directed all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to prepare their handover notes and submit same to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim, on or before April 20.

“Anyim’s responsibility is to compile the notes which will form Jonathan’s handover document to Buhari,” she said.

The minister added, “The President emphasised on the need for all MDAs to submit their handing over notes to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation by 20th of this month, that is next Monday. So we are going to be very busy this weekend putting our handing over notes together.

“The President also emphasised that he would require another little briefing from all MDAs to indicate inherited projects, how far they have been executed and initiated projects by his administration and the level of completion, whether completed, ongoing or abandoned.”

She said the present administration was doing everything possible to ensure smooth transition, adding that Vice President Namadi Sambo is heading the government’s transition committee while Anyim is heading the inauguration committee.

http://www.today.ng/news/jonathan-hands-over-power-to-buhari-on-may-28/

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by Abduletudaye(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
hmmmm... Yay! FTC using android! I never thought it would be possible but here i am.. shocked cheesy grin...

Where can i download nairaland app abeg asides play store undecided
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
I should be excited?? angry
*snorts*
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by kayode27: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
cheesy I can't wait.

BTW What has an ancient grandpa got to offer modern Nigeria Maybe PYO (jagaban's puppet) to the rescue.

cheesy Anyways Fingers crossed.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by Olamitisoji(m): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by Firefire(m): 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by iyatrustee(f): 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
No be 29th again? Governance don tire the man since he lost
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by michoade(m): 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
who will then stand in as President on the 29th may I.e democracy day.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by shortgun(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
The man has done his best let Grandpa Buhari take over so that he will make 1 naira equal to 1dollar in 2 weeks.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by infobiz9ja(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Transition is imminent.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by abduljabbar4(m): 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
As long as you will leave, I don't care if it will be tomorrow or next year. Nigeria needs a serious leader not someone who tolerates corruption. No more impunity and harrassment of our hero Mr Amaechi. Its over! Whether its a conspiracy or rigging I don't care! Whether Buhari is the next president or not ALL I WANT TO HEAR IS JONATHAN IS NO LONGER THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by kendrick9(m): 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
So the cattle rearer will be the president of nigeria?.. what a shame...
Well,no matter what Gej is still one of nigeria's greatest leaders,a true democrat.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by AndreRose(f): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
abduljabbar4:
As long as you will leave, I don't care if it will be tomorrow or next year. Nigeria needs a serious leader not someone who tolerates corruption. No more impunity and harrassment of our hero Mr Amaechi. Its over! Whether its a conspiracy or rigging I don't care! Whether Buhari is the next president or not ALL I WANT TO HEAR IS JONATHAN IS NO LONGER THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
You will hear it in a month time;he's leaving and let's see how your precious 'president' will curb corruption, develop and reinstate Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Hands Over Power To Buhari On May 28 by englishmart(m): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
the earlier the better. Handover tomorrow pls.

(1) (Reply)

Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds / Let's Help Jonathan Account For The N2trillion / Breaking News!!! President Goodluck Makes New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.