Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Official Football Manager Thread For PC - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Football Manager Thread For PC (102104 Views)

Football Manager/football Manager Mobile 2017 (FM/FMM) Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by CrazyScientist: 1:33pm On May 04, 2015
RobinHez:

I'm in 2018 too

Am in 2017, who's that martial guy?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Am in 2017, who's that martial guy?
Anthony Martial. A french wonderkid...at 21 now, he scores 20+ goals in a season...he's a striker though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by CrazyScientist: 1:39pm On May 04, 2015
Ever seen a clay pitch? grin

Don't know why Liverpool becomes a mid table team as the years progress... undecided

My highest goal scorer this season, callum howe (and in the EPL) is a defender! grin 98% of his goals are from heading or shooting in corner kicks grin
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2015
CrazyScientist:
My highest goal scorer this season, callum howe (and in the EPL) is a defender! grin 98% of his goals are from heading or shooting in corner kicks grin
Like seriously? cheesy
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2015
how to build a title-winning team by Steve Cotterill
Find a formation that suits[i][/i]
Following the World Cup in Brazil, pundits, managers and supporters alike were eulogising over the return of wing-backs and the 3-5-2 system. BBC Sport's Phil Neville even described it as "fashionable", if such a phrase can be attached to a football team's formation.

However, while Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal tried and promptly ditched it, Cotterill has utilised that style of play to spectacular effect.

"We were already playing the 3-5-2 at the end of last season, so it's a formation I'd been looking at for a little while," Cotterill told BBC Sport. "But what I needed to do was make it better than the season before.

"And, while other formations can sometimes give you a problem, our formation can give other teams a problem. We've managed to do very well with it - and we've improved on it throughout the season too."
PART 1

source http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32512953
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 6:56pm On May 04, 2015
Sign players to fit the way you play[/i]
Cotterill brought in seven players during the summer, including four who were out of contract or had been released by their previous clubs.

Of those for whom the Robins paid a fee, no penny appears to have been better spent than the ones used to sign Luke Freeman.

The youngest-ever player to feature in the FA Cup proper while at Gillingham, the left-winger caught many an eye playing for Stevenage last year. He has done the same this season - but not as a left-winger.

"I always felt he could play as the one in front of a [midfield] two," said Cotterill. "You just needed to make sure he was going to work hard enough to get back and he's managed to do that.

"His running stats are up there every week and we're as delighted with that as we are his great feet in and around the final third.

"For his first season playing in that role, he's been brilliant."
PART 2
caius:
how to build a title-winning team by Steve Cotterill
Find a formation that suits[i]

Following the World Cup in Brazil, pundits, managers and supporters alike were eulogising over the return of wing-backs and the 3-5-2 system. BBC Sport's Phil Neville even described it as "fashionable", if such a phrase can be attached to a football team's formation.

However, while Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal tried and promptly ditched it, Cotterill has utilised that style of play to spectacular effect.

"We were already playing the 3-5-2 at the end of last season, so it's a formation I'd been looking at for a little while," Cotterill told BBC Sport. "But what I needed to do was make it better than the season before.

"And, while other formations can sometimes give you a problem, our formation can give other teams a problem. We've managed to do very well with it - and we've improved on it throughout the season too."
PART 1

source http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32512953
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2015
Sign players who have been there and done it[/i]
The story goes that, in 1996, Manchester United's 'Class of 92' disproved Alan Hansen's theory that "you can't win anything with kids" by going on to lift the Premier League title.

What is often overlooked, of course, is that thirty-somethings Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister and Brian McClair all featured heavily throughout that double-winning campaign - and Cotterill has adopted a similar approach.

His two wise heads are 36-year-old captain Wade Elliott, scorer of Burnley's Championship play-off-final-winning goal in 2009, and 35-year-old forward Aaron Wilbraham, whose promotion with the Robins was the fifth of his career.

"I don't know if I can tell you how important they've been - they've been magnificent," said Cotterill.

"They're really young at heart. I think if you look at the way those two look after themselves, train and their desire levels at their age, it's only good for the younger players to copy them. They've been fantastic role models."
PART3
caius:
Sign players to fit the way you play[i]

Cotterill brought in seven players during the summer, including four who were out of contract or had been released by their previous clubs.

Of those for whom the Robins paid a fee, no penny appears to have been better spent than the ones used to sign Luke Freeman.

The youngest-ever player to feature in the FA Cup proper while at Gillingham, the left-winger caught many an eye playing for Stevenage last year. He has done the same this season - but not as a left-winger.

"I always felt he could play as the one in front of a [midfield] two," said Cotterill. "You just needed to make sure he was going to work hard enough to get back and he's managed to do that.

"His running stats are up there every week and we're as delighted with that as we are his great feet in and around the final third.

"For his first season playing in that role, he's been brilliant."
PART 2
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 6:59pm On May 04, 2015
Get goals from all over the pitch[/i]
To be successful you need a goalscorer in your team, so says the old adage. Cotterill's approach, therefore, has been to stack his Bristol City side full of them.

In total, 18 different outfield players have chipped in with goals this season, including five who have reached double figures. Though Wilbraham ended as the club's top scorer, the 12-goal contribution from centre-back Aden Flint has been as impressive as any.

"He was already fantastic in our box, but now he's become fantastic in the opposition's box too," said Cotterill. "You get a lot of centre-backs that run up for a corner, head it over the bar and the crowd say 'oooh, what a great effort', but I'm not sure that's enough.

"It's great for him and great for his confidence. People see him as a big lad, but it doesn't matter how big he is, he still needs confidence. It's been a great season for him."
PART4
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32512953
caius:
Sign players who have been there and done it[i]

The story goes that, in 1996, Manchester United's 'Class of 92' disproved Alan Hansen's theory that "you can't win anything with kids" by going on to lift the Premier League title.

What is often overlooked, of course, is that thirty-somethings Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister and Brian McClair all featured heavily throughout that double-winning campaign - and Cotterill has adopted a similar approach.

His two wise heads are 36-year-old captain Wade Elliott, scorer of Burnley's Championship play-off-final-winning goal in 2009, and 35-year-old forward Aaron Wilbraham, whose promotion with the Robins was the fifth of his career.

"I don't know if I can tell you how important they've been - they've been magnificent," said Cotterill.

"They're really young at heart. I think if you look at the way those two look after themselves, train and their desire levels at their age, it's only good for the younger players to copy them. They've been fantastic role models."
PART3 http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32512953
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 7:02pm On May 04, 2015
Keep it tight at the back[/i][size=14pt][/size]
It is no good scoring bucket loads at one end if you cannot keep them out at the other.

However, boasting the best defensive record in the division, City's success also owes plenty to their solid back three.

"They've been great," said Cotterill. "When we brought Luke Ayling in, I wanted somebody that could bring the ball out and, quite often, when you look for a centre-back they might not be able to do that.

"But it was a perfect fit and Derrick Williams had done that on the other side last year. It couldn't have worked out any better."
PART5
caius:
Get goals from all over the pitch[i]

To be successful you need a goalscorer in your team, so says the old adage. Cotterill's approach, therefore, has been to stack his Bristol City side full of them.

In total, 18 different outfield players have chipped in with goals this season, including five who have reached double figures. Though Wilbraham ended as the club's top scorer, the 12-goal contribution from centre-back Aden Flint has been as impressive as any.

"He was already fantastic in our box, but now he's become fantastic in the opposition's box too," said Cotterill. "You get a lot of centre-backs that run up for a corner, head it over the bar and the crowd say 'oooh, what a great effort', but I'm not sure that's enough.

"It's great for him and great for his confidence. People see him as a big lad, but it doesn't matter how big he is, he still needs confidence. It's been a great season for him."
PART4
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2015
[b][/b][/i][size=14pt][/size]Use the loan market wisely
No season is without its blips and, heading into the New Year, City were in danger of suffering a significant one when forwards Wilbraham and Kieran Agard both picked up injuries. Step forward Matt Smith.

Out of favour at Fulham, the former Leeds forward signed for the Robins on loan and wasted no time in making an impression, scoring 13 times in 20 appearances, including four in a single game against Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

"He's as good a loan signing as you could get," said Cotterill. "When it's new, you're wondering how he's going to score his goals - is he going to score coming into our team framework?

"But he ended up striking up a good relationship with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and they played very well together. And, as I've said before, all good things come from Cheltenham."
PART6
caius:
Keep it tight at the back[i]
[size=14pt][/size]
It is no good scoring bucket loads at one end if you cannot keep them out at the other.

However, boasting the best defensive record in the division, City's success also owes plenty to their solid back three.

"They've been great," said Cotterill. "When we brought Luke Ayling in, I wanted somebody that could bring the ball out and, quite often, when you look for a centre-back they might not be able to do that.

"But it was a perfect fit and Derrick Williams had done that on the other side last year. It couldn't have worked out any better."
PART5
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 7:06pm On May 04, 2015
Get your players to believe[b][/b][/i][size=14pt][/size]
Despite having all the right ingredients in place, the most crucial can be the hardest to find. In Cotterill's words: "Belief is everything."

He added: "The players' standards and expectations throughout the season have risen. I said I wanted to win this league from day one. And I think, after a few months, their desire to win it had become the same as mine.

"You have to sell it and they have to buy it."
PART7
caius:
[b][/b][i]
[size=14pt][/size]Use the loan market wisely
No season is without its blips and, heading into the New Year, City were in danger of suffering a significant one when forwards Wilbraham and Kieran Agard both picked up injuries. Step forward Matt Smith.

Out of favour at Fulham, the former Leeds forward signed for the Robins on loan and wasted no time in making an impression, scoring 13 times in 20 appearances, including four in a single game against Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

"He's as good a loan signing as you could get," said Cotterill. "When it's new, you're wondering how he's going to score his goals - is he going to score coming into our team framework?

"But he ended up striking up a good relationship with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and they played very well together. And, as I've said before, all good things come from Cheltenham."
PART6
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 7:08pm On May 04, 2015
i will start a career as unemployed in FM14 and try out these tactics......loading
caius:
Get your players to believe[b][/b][i][/i][size=14pt][/size]
Despite having all the right ingredients in place, the most crucial can be the hardest to find. In Cotterill's words: "Belief is everything."

He added: "The players' standards and expectations throughout the season have risen. I said I wanted to win this league from day one. And I think, after a few months, their desire to win it had become the same as mine.

"You have to sell it and they have to buy it."
PART7
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 8:21pm On May 04, 2015
caius keep it up man!
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2015
thks. started as promised . i am currently employed as head coach Castilla (real madrid team b) shocked shocked shocked shocked i cannot sign anyone with transfer budget of 26k and wage bill already -513k
2matches DL......loading
RobinHez:
caius keep it up man!
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2015
caius:
thks. started as promised and i will not cheat. i am currently employed as head coach Castilla (real madrid team b) shocked shocked shocked shocked i cannot sign anyone with transfer budget of 26k and wage bill already -513k
2matches DL......loading
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by CrazyScientist: 11:23pm On May 04, 2015
caius:
thks. started as promised . i am currently employed as head coach Castilla (real madrid team b) shocked shocked shocked shocked i cannot sign anyone with transfer budget of 26k and wage bill already -513k
2matches DL......loading

That's shitty! grin

2nd leg capital one cup semi finals, trashing man city 2-1 , won the first leg 4-0 cheesy
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 1:23am On May 05, 2015
10th on the league at the moment. R.madrid bought angel correa and sent him to Castilla.
current tactic: 5-3-1-1
just lost after 5 games unbeaten.....loading
CrazyScientist:

That's shitty! grin

2nd leg capital one cup semi finals, trashing man city 2-1 , won the first leg 4-0 cheesy
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 7:55am On May 05, 2015
caius:
10th on the league at the moment. R.madrid bought angel correa and sent him to Castilla.
current tactic: 5-3-1-1
just lost after 5 games unbeaten.....loading
wow! seems u're afraid to attack? @tactics
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by CrazyScientist: 1:00pm On May 10, 2015
RobinHez:

wow! seems u're afraid to attack? @tactics

Could you drop your whatsapp number let me add you to my 'FM Group'
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Could you drop your whatsapp number let me add you to my 'FM Group'
sorry dude...i dont have a whatsapp id
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2015
pls fellow managers do avoid managing castilla(R.Madrid second team) and Barcelona B' team as you will lose most matches irrespective of your tactics. That was the reason for my tactics. i have ended that season and soon start another one. Pls share your experience.........
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 5:30pm On May 12, 2015
caius:
pls fellow managers do avoid managing castilla(R.Madrid second team) and Barcelona B' team as you will lose most matches irrespective of your tactics. That was the reason for my tactics. i have ended that season and soon start another one. Pls share your experience.........
Hahaha...I warned u about ur tactics...it wasn't attack minded enough.
Ok let's start from here; how would u rate ur attacking midfielders?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 12:52am On May 17, 2015
I took over Burnley as my club in FM15 android handheld, playing with 4-1-3-2 formation. Burnely finished 5th on EPL. the players names differ on the handheld version ..........
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 12:52pm On May 17, 2015
caius:
I took over Burnley as my club in FM15 android handheld, playing with 4-1-3-2 formation. Burnely finished 5th on EPL. the players names differ on the handheld version ..........
nice...how did u activate the handheld version?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2015
RobinHez:

nice...how did u activate the handheld version?
search for FMH15.apk and download using mobogenie.

Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2015
caius:
search for FMH15.apk and download using mobogenie.
nice!
would i need any crack of such?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by ibietela2(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2015
Please were can I get FM? pc or Android
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 7:52am On May 19, 2015
ibietela2:
Please were can I get FM? pc or Android
For android, u can get it on google play store, while for pc, i'd advice u to buy the disc, its not more than #150
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 9:43am On May 19, 2015
RobinHez:

nice!
would i need any crack of such?
No. Just download and install
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by ibietela2(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2015
RobinHez:

For android, u can get it on google play store, while for pc, i'd advice u to buy the disc, its not more than #150

$9.99
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by RobinHez(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2015
ibietela2:

$9.99
caius help out here...
Re: Official Football Manager Thread For PC by caius(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2015
RobinHez:

caius help out here...
if you have the money then go thru google playstore . if you don't have, then ffw the steps i suggested earlier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Where Can I Download God Of War Pc Version Game / Play 'who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Online / PUBG Mobile official Thread (Mobile Game)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.