Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,702 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) (46435 Views)

Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics) / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by per1: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=macof post=32817161]

Idiotic slowpoke, can u create the power behind the wind? That's Oya
Can you create Metallic elements? That's Ogun
Dumb illiterates like urself would never have sense because of such absurd religions That require u to symbolically drink and eat a Jewish man's blood and flesh - new age of cannibalism
Ur dumb god is seeking for men to remain relevant...GODS don't need men, men need them

[/quote. You have eye u cannot see, u have ear but u can't hear ur heart is that of a stone, the things of the spirit cannot be understand by common sense
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by macof(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=per1 post=32864727][/quote]
You are every stuupid. You know nothing about spiritual
Obviously you have no common sense
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
seriously, why have superheroes when you can have gods cheesy
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by per1: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
macof:

. WHAT ELSE. Who as bewitch u wise galetian
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by per1: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
macof:

. WHAT ELSE. Who as bewitch u wise galetian. Stop all this curse before u see them bearing fruit in ur life. Shallom
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by macof(m): 3:03am On Apr 19, 2015
per1:
. WHAT ELSE. Who as bewitch u wise galetian. Stop all this curse before u see them bearing fruit in ur life. Shallom
Again this is stuupid. You began the curses with your first comment of this thread...maybe you should refrain from posting on threads like this or post less hateful comments
Pls don't address me with that nonsense Shallom, we don't speak Hebrew
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by per1: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Again this is stuupid. You began the curses with your first comment of this thread...maybe you should refrain from posting on threads like this or post less hateful comments
Pls don't address me with that nonsense Shallom, we don't speak Hebrew
. I am not good at this pls I am sorry. We have better things to learn here. But take note I am a' fool' for CHRIST.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by macof(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
per1:
. I am not good at this pls I am sorry. We have better things to learn here. But take note I am a' fool' for CHRIST.

Refrain from posting nonsense on threads that don't concern u
You came looking for trouble

Fool for Christ indeed
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

White people also have at one point practised Polytheistic religions (like the Vikings and their Norse Gods or the Greeks and the Mt. Olympus Gods). If you have ever watched the show "Vikings" you would see how obsessed Floki is with the "Gods".

bwahahahhahahahha.....vikings..bwahahahah...did you know tht the original vikings were black-men,,,,bwahahahahah,,,

go ask flavor flave......bwahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

So d human mind now has colours? Ur case is hopeless grin
Btw, have u ever stayed in or visit Europe or America? Or even Asia or Australia. Do u have cacausoid friends? Just tot I should ask.

Or r u one of those who get info from maniacal blac movement websites? Secondly, don't u think u're being racist? Bitter over trivial tins

are you white??

only a white-person would write,what you wrote...ohhh yes,a black-person can have a white-mind,we blacks are starting to learn this now...
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Are u allergic to d color white? And who said its d white race that depicted d orishas dat way? Do u read b4 u comment? D artist is a black guy. Leave white pple alone. Is d color white exclusive to white pple alone? Obatala is not represented as a white man. Don't knw wat u're seeing.

ohhhhh yes,,anything white,gives me nightmares.....i always avoid them,...
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

It is a good thing to strive to preserve our cultural identities (except some really detestable ones of cos). The thread is not for u to bash anybody. Gosh! Why can't we have sense? And why insulting Christ? Did u see Christ in d article? Or did xtians tell u not to be proud of ur identity?
There's no slave mentality (except in d minds of a few deviants here and there). If u're one of dem, den speak 4 urself n not d majority.

Pls read d few excerpts by d artist. Ur pedantic sentiments r quite unnecessary. Its a beautiful work of art. The only correct representation of a deity would be a blank picture (except in our minds cos d mind can't have a blank concept of d supernatural).
No matter how u choose to represent them, its still a representation or interpretation and these can vary. Rememba that d art was not done by yoruba obas or chiefs, so no need getting 2 emotional. Its just how d artist chose 2 represent dem in his own way. He's not undermining yoruba culture or anybody.

wowwww..you talk like a white-person.....nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,,,,go fvck your self...
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:05am On Apr 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

White race, Black race = racist race! lol

What about the only race that matters? THE HUMAN RACE!

you are THE HUMAN RACE......you and your arabs,chinese,indians, and whatever you call your nasty selfs,,,,t[b]he black-race,is the original race[/b],,,,we want nothing to do with your HUMAN RACE......

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by tsdarkside(m): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

There's no massive conspiracy by the 'white' race to undermine anybody. That anti-oyibo mentality would not take anybody anywhere. No need being bitter and blaming all our woes on pple who're somwhere doing their thing and probably do not care or care to know abt ur existence.
Nobody is dragging superiority with anybody.
Well, as Soyinka said, the tiger does not go abt ranting abt its tigritude. Rather, it acts.
Same should go 4 all so-called black power movement this and that.
Trust me, a lot of them r motivated by inferiority complex and misinformation. U guys hype white guys too much. Tf?

bwahahaha....WE ARE TE WATCH-MENS...our job is to expose you as the devil,the bible is talking about,,,,hype you...pahhhhh..

you are already loosing..just just dont know......you dont suppose to,,even what i am writing know,will make no sense to you...
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Fulaman198(m): 12:27am On Apr 20, 2015
tsdarkside:

bwahahahhahahahha.....vikings..bwahahahah...did you know tht the original vikings were black-men,,,,bwahahahahah,,,

go ask flavor flave......bwahahahahaha

I hope that this is a huge joke. Original Vikings were very Nordic Germanic speaking white men and women.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
tsdarkside:

you are THE HUMAN RACE......you and your arabs,chinese,indians, and whatever you call your nasty selfs,,,,t[b]he black-race,is the original race[/b],,,,we want nothing to do with your HUMAN RACE......

What racist craps from an obviously unintelligent savage (irrespective of their colour).

Anyone who based their judgements on the colour of anyone's skin is obviously racist scum!

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

What racist craps from an obviously unintelligent savage (irrespective of their colour).

Anyone who based their judgements on the colour of anyone's skin is obviously racist scum!

Seconded. Racists Come in all clours angry
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chiam55:

Seconded. Racists Come in all clours angry

How very, very true! In all my travels over the world I have known many very nice people of ALL colours and sadly a few total assholes, again of many colours!

But they end up hurting themselves more than others! Imagine a world where I was disaffected with everyone of a different colour from me? You could not really travel very far, work effectively internationally, etc. But then, I forget, racists lack the intelligence to do these things anyway!
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 21, 2015
@KoloOyinbo @Fulaman198 @Chiam55
Ignore that darkside guy. He's a lunatic. U musnt dignify every lunatic with a well-thought out reply. Seen a few of his posts n I must say he's one of d most senseless irrational unintelligent peeps on NL.
Dem no supoz dey folo mad man argue. Leave mad pple to enjoy their mad rantings

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by fightforchange1(f): 4:15am On May 10, 2015
I have these pics in my phone. Hes a great artist.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by fightforchange1(f): 4:20am On May 10, 2015
The one u forgot

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by fightforchange1(f): 4:30am On May 10, 2015
Another

Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by jummygo(f): 3:50pm On May 11, 2015
Awesome. for those who can see beyond d representation. Great @op.
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by Nobody: 11:12am On May 13, 2015
@jummygo. Tnx. It's a pity some are just too pedantic about d art
@fightforchange. Those pics u uploaded are already there. I missed d one of Ogun: god of iron. Tried modifying d post but no way
Re: Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) by itstpia8: 9:09pm On May 10, 2016
9jacrip, can you check this list for accuracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Igbo Isiagu Attire / Oluwo Of Iwo, Oba Akanbi And His Lamborghini In New Photos / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.