Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch (29143 Views)

7 Ministers Of President Buhari Who Are Not 'visible' / Buhari May Extend 10-day Trip — Sahara Reporters / Jonathan Records 1.48 Million Votes In Rivers State -Punch News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Farnesyl1989: 12:59am On Apr 16, 2015
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, is said to be considering the reduction of the number of ministers as part of his strategies for reducing cost of governance.

The PUNCH learnt that this formed part of the cost-saving proposals which Buhari presented during the All Progressives Congress’s National Working Committee meeting in Abuja on Wednesday.

Those to be done away with are ministers of state.

The NWC which is yet to conclude its deliberations on proposals, according a high-ranking member of the APC NWC, include streamlining the ministries and parastatals.

The NWC member said, “No concrete decision has been reached on any of the issues yet. We are still meeting tomorrow.”

The meeting, which was chaired by the party’s National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, also reviewed the just-concluded general elections, the deadlock in the Taraba State governorship poll as well as the alleged electoral fraud in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Lai Mohammed, who spoke to journalists during a short break by the committee, confirmed that the NWC reviewed the governorship election.

He also said that with the “election behind us, we have to prepare the ground for the transition committee and for the business of the governance.”

When asked to comment on the proposals made by Buhari on streamlining the ministries and parastatals, he dismissed the question.

Mohammed said, “I think you have been listening to a lot of gossip; nothing like that was discussed. All we discussed was to make recommendations into the transition committee; how the government should hit the ground running and what should be the immediate, mid-term and long term policies of the incoming government. So, all these issues of ministers and MDAs, are your own imagination. Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-may-scrap-ministers-of-state/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by omenka(m): 1:32am On Apr 16, 2015
You just gotta love this man's policy direction. smiley

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by caselessogbuagu: 4:01am On Apr 16, 2015
Some 'white-elephant' ministries and their ministers must go down.

We are not here for a pdp tea-party, we are here for real business- BUHARI(2015).

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by dustmalik: 4:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Good idea. After all, a Minister of state, constitutionally, is no more than an advicer to the Minister. A waste, in my opinion.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by makzeze: 4:45am On Apr 16, 2015
The earlier the better. That state Minister of a thing dont add any value. Just a waste of state resources.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by obinoral1179(m): 4:53am On Apr 16, 2015
May its still probability I want will cancel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Jeezyy(m): 4:55am On Apr 16, 2015
Watching in 3D
Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 16, 2015
So many news flying around these days about what Buhari did, is planning to do or did not even do. I hope this one is not one of them fake stories made up to raise our expectations from the General and then feel disappointed and resentment towards him when they are not met.

If this is true, then its a welcome development. There are too many duplicated political positions in Nigeria and its high time we start to delete them.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Pavore9: 5:16am On Apr 16, 2015
Ministers of state, are just jobs for the boys. imagine the billions that would be saved if scraped.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by anonimi: 5:23am On Apr 16, 2015
omenka:
You just gotta love this man's policy direction. smiley

You mean the Mega clueless directionless promises he cannot fulfil

Are you aware there is a provision for one minister from each state? Will your DoroDullard Buhari create 36 ministries to fulfil these requirement or MARGINALISE some states?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 16, 2015
I'm waiting till he assumes office....

But every news about cutting cost of governance is a welcomed one to me...eespecially these ministers of states and other overlapping ones....

70% recurrent expenditure is CRAZY!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Lucasbalo(m): 5:32am On Apr 16, 2015
Good riddance. All those unnecessary political and administrative posts should be eliminated. That's one of the reasons the recurrent expenses on the budget is over 70%.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 16, 2015
Those ineffective ministers would go. in other news.....................MANY ACRES OF LAND FOR SALE AT KARISHI, ABUJA. THE LAND ARE SUITABLE FOR ESTATE,SCHOOLS, HOTEL, EVENT CENTRES ETC. 100K PER PLOT( STILL NEGOTIABLE) FOR ENQUIRY CALL →08135328835, 08159935304.

OR

4 PLOTS OF LAND AVAILABLE AT RAFIN KWARA OFF NEW KARISHI OROZO ROAD, ABUJA. THE LAND IS LOCATED RIGHT ON THE ROAD, AND ELECTRICITY IS AVAILABLE. PRICE 450K PER PLOT. FOR ENQUIRY CALL: 08135328835, 08159935304
Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by dustmalik: 5:37am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

You mean is Mega clueless directionless promises he cannot fulfil

Are you aware there is a provision for one minister from each state? Will your DoroDullard Buhari create 36 ministries to fulfil these requirement or MARGINALISE some states?
Such provision doesn't exist anywhere. This is how you guys come up with lies as it best soothes you.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by free2ryhme: 5:50am On Apr 16, 2015
It looks like this president Buhari is going to fix Nigeria real good! May God help him. "When the Lord restores the captivity of zion we are like them that dream..." God is restoring decency and the lost glory of our dear country.

The man is listening to our suggestion in this forum. I remembered mentioning that we need to end this 'big government' that jonatan operated in the last 6 years.

It's a wasteful govt. you have a chief adviser, chief special assistant, special assistant,General assistant, personal assistant, assistant, special adviser, chief adviser, chief special adviser, special adviser, General adviser, personal adviser, adviser etc

No wonder the man himself confessed that he had too many opinions from too many advisers.

Each one of these advisers had his/her own offices with their own mammoth staffs and each of the staff too has contractors and suppliers. it's just too much.

I think I need to drink kunu to calm my nerves, it's too much.

We want a small govt

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by tunex23: 5:55am On Apr 16, 2015
We know he will perform

11 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Elcemento(m): 5:57am On Apr 16, 2015
Long overdue. All leakages must be plugged.God bless the general.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by san316(m): 6:03am On Apr 16, 2015
Me too been dey wonder wetin be the the use of minister of state. I bin think say Na minister Wey dey stay for each state ooo.

Any way, though unconfirmed, these are things that policy analysts have been recommending. But previous governments have created these portfolios in order to create room for compensating their cronies. I wish this could be done, it will save Nigeria a whole lot.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by san316(m): 6:07am On Apr 16, 2015
dustmalik:

Such provision doesn't exist anywhere. This is how you guys come up with lies as it best soothes you.

Don't mind them. While they try to sound intelligent, they prove to be as clueless as you could ever imagine. That dumass will die of heart attack soon.

34 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by omenka(m): 6:16am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

After defeat, I thought you'd take your time and learn how to make at least a little sense when you speak, but I see those silicones are yet to be removed from your brain. Mehn, life must really suck for you guys. cheesy

Sorry man, really wish I could help you. grin

By the way, you forgot to add some colours to your fonts and images as well. Running low on data?? cheesy

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

imagine the trash you posted and you said the general is a dullard? Its better to be a dullard than to think like you

55 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Segadem(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2015
makzeze:
The earlier the better. That state Minister of a thing dont add any value. Just a waste of state resources.
Not of state alone, there are many ministries that need to be scrapped.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by arewatech(m): 6:32am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

Which provision? Is it mandatory by the constitution?

undecided

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by PassingShot(m): 6:43am On Apr 16, 2015
I will continue to say it that Buhari is the next best thing to happen to Nigeria after democracy.

This is surely a welcome idea especially for a government that wants to run a leaner administration.

The idea of ministers of state was OBJ's creation to distribute rewards/benefits to political associates.

Many of the minsters of states are actually useless.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

grin grin
That's why there is an urgent need for a constitutional amendment to repeal that provision. The number of ministers (and ministers of state) could be set at 30, or 5 ministers per zone.

Also, the number of ministries should be between 14-15.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari is fast becoming a Talkative

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 16, 2015
arewatech:

Which provision? Is it mandatory by the constitution?

undecided
It's mandatory
Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 16, 2015
PassingShot:
I will continue to say it that Buhari is the next best thing to happen to Nigeria after democracy.

This is surely a welcome idea especially for a government that wants to run a leaner administration.

The idea of ministers of state was OBJ's creation to distribute rewards/benefits to political associates.

Many of the minsters of states are actually
useless.

Anything that will bring about a leaner and more transparent administration will ALWAYS have my backing; it's being my agitation and deep concern many years before now.

A nation with our kind of meagre minimum wage and terrible infrastructure has NO business whatsoever running an insanely over bloated and wasteful government! These are part of the system problem.

We have no business running this kind of wasteful system; if possible, scrap/ merge all these unnecessary and overlapping agencies!

If these are achieved, GMB will not only get my unalloyed support; he will also get my prayers!

We are also here to criticise whenever the need arises!

For now, the feelers seems good!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:53am On Apr 16, 2015
anonimi:

You're right, but aired your opinion in a rather silly manner. There are supposed to be 36-37 ministers, why is Jonathan having more than 40? Why is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs having upto 3 ministers?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari is fast becoming a talkative
Re: Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State-punch by gebest: 6:55am On Apr 16, 2015
great, it was a waste of govt fund be4.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NLC Directs Members To Cripple Activities At CBN Offices Nationwide / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / Soludo: Many Drug Barons Now Use Politics As Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.