|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,484,221 members, 5,626,695 topics. Date: Friday, 29 May 2020 at 09:56 PM
Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price (2) (3) (4)
|30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by clemhova: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2015|
31 RULES FOR WOMEN
1. Accept your husband as he is, his strength and weaknesses. Romans 5:20 Acceptance is the first step in making your man come alive. It frees him to become a 'Total man'.
2. Stop thinking that your way is always the 'right' way. If your husband does something differently it does not mean that it's wrong. Ephesians 5:23
3. Give him preference over your children, parents, friends, jobs, ladies, Bible studies, etc. Genesis 2v18.
4. Do not compare him with other men. Think about the possible effects of your careless words, attitudes, and actions before you break his heart. Philippians 4v11.
5. Communicate instead of just complaining. Communication is the tool that God gave us to knit our hearts and mind together Ephesians 4v9.
6. Do not talk for your husband, finish his sentences or interrupt him when he is speaking 1Corinthians 13v4-5.
7. Give your husband Vitamin E3 (Encouragement , Esteem and Eros (plenty of sex). 1corinthians 7:2
8. Do not try to manipulate or bully him by making a threat, whining, crying or withholding marital privileges including sex. 1cor7v4-5
9. Don't make your husband earn your respect. Ephesians 5v33.
10. Avoid taking the lead simply because you think he won't take it. Negotiate with godly wisdom Ephesians 5v23.
11. Stop all nagging as nagging drives him out of the house or make him refuse to do what you want him to do and do not correct him in front of others. Proverbs 21:9, & 27:15
12. Be a companion and not a roommate Malachi 2:14.
13. Do not bring his shortcomings to others Proverbs 31v23. Learn to recognise his wonderful potentials and qualities. This will encourage him to do even more to be the man of your dream.
14. Never look first to a book, a plan, or a person to fix a problem in your marriage. lnstead go to God's word (Bible) believe and apply its principles in your situations. 1Peter 1v3
15. Do not speak to your husband sarcastically or in a condescending manner and do not slander him even if what you are saying is true. Proverbs 21:19
16. Admit when you are wrong James 5v12
17. Love your husband and hold him in reverence (that means to respect, honour, esteem, adore, praise, enjoy and admire) him.1John 4:12, Titus 2:4
18. Make him your best friend and the single most important person in your life. Be a help mate as purposed by God. Genesis 2v18
19. Always pray for him. James 5:16, Philippians 4v6
20. Give him the freedom not to use your suggestions, and do not be offended if he does not follow it. Negotiate with godly wisdom. Proverbs 4:7
21. Never cheat on your spouse no matter the circumstances. Proverbs 6v3,& 4v23.
22. Think of specific ways you could help him accomplishes goals. Be a helpful help mate. Genesis 2v18
23. Be warm and gracious to his family and friends. Make your commitment to him obvious to them. That will make him know you value and appreciate him.
24. Don't be careless of his welfare needs and do not neglect your primary responsibility - the home 1Timothy 2:5, Timothy. 5:14
25. Dress and apply your make up in an attractive manner that is pleasing to your husband, within godly boundaries.
26. When he does something wrong discuss with him privately and gently not shouting at him. Pro. 15:1
27. Learn to forgive your spouse no matter the crime. Colossians 3:13, Romans 3 :23
28. Encourage him to use his spiritual gifts in ministry and be grateful to God in all things 1corinthians 1v18
29. Do not quarrel in front of your children and do not talk while he is angry. Also learn to settle quarrels quickly, giving no occasion to the devil to attack your marriage. Ephesians 4v31-32.
30. Wives submit to your own husband as to the Lord. Ephesians 5v22. God designed both husbands and wives for equality and submission. Gen. 1v27. Submission does not mean the wife is inferior to the husband. It does not mean the wife never opens her mouth, never has an opinion or use her gifts and abilities.
31. Make your home like a palace for him so that when he is battered at work, he can still come home as a king in his house.
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by jasmines(f): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2015|
All these feminine lists are becoming overwhelming these days.
I think men also have alot to learn to make their marriage work or is it the duty of the woman alone?
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by quivah(f): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2015|
@jasmines , the op is only being one sided... going by the Bible verses he attached , they didn't specifically point to the 'woman'
but I guess op is just giving his own tips..on the part of a woman..
but ideally, topic ought to read : 31 rules for men n women, which I don't think anyone needs to be told before doing. it should come with common sense to both parties..
its not the duty of a woman to keep the marriage... its the duty of the parties involved.
@op I guess this doesn't apply to non Christians *cleans sweats*
|Re: 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by SAMBARRY: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2015|
jasmines:as in. I just taya.
Shebi na women dey marry themselves. Sophyrocks wey u dey o
|Re: 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by clemhova: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2015|
|Re: 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage by clemhova: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2015|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66