Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic (2156 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / A Mini-bus Driver Returns N380,000 Cheque And N49 000 Cash To Owner / Kano State Govt. Stops Pilgrimage Sponsorship, Buying Sallah Rams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2009
earTHMama:

You are dilly dallying from ID to competence.
Are you sure? When did I mention the ID issue? Before you did or after you brought that down from thin air to claim it is already the way it happens in Nigeria? I am sorry, try to keep up!!

earTHMama:

Questioning their competence should be reserved for another day. We can neither praise nor cast them now because they are yet to be tested with this new method. FEMA screwed up during Katrina with the whole expertise at their disposal, yet the American populace stopped whining about their sloppiness after days. If you are not satisfied, stop being an arm chair critic and show us the way to do things. Things cannot get done just by sitting in your Ohio toilet with your laptop on your laps and yapping about how backwards we are at home.

Again, I don't know whether you have any proof that Obasanjo siphoned money out of our treasury.
You know what? I see this is not going to go anywhere good for us. I have tried pushing you to engage intelligently but I see that I may be wasting my time. I choose instead to go back to the dealing with you as I used to. Have a nice life!
Re: Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic by earTHMama: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2009
You know what? I see this is not going to go anywhere good for us. I have tried pushing you to engage intelligently but I see that I may be wasting my time. I choose instead to go back to the dealing with you as I used to. Have a nice life!
I never knew you are a genius. Good to know that.
Re: Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic by JustGood(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
No need to insult each other.

I understand what both sides are saying. I believe Kobojunkie has a point with regards to implementation. Someone also said that it is not about tracing the funds but the willingness and ability to prosecute offenders - that has been the major problem with the Nation.

Nigeria is not bereft of good ideas but it is completely bankcrupt with regards to execution of the ideas.
Re: Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic by sashbaby(f): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2009
it is a welcome development. i hope govt officials will not coin a fake user id to continue sharing the money.its not all about e transactions what about due process in awarding contracts.will the e transactions encourage prudent spending among these officials.will the so called contract awarded be executed or just another white elephant chase.what of the federal govt auditors are they there to collect monthly salaries undecided
Re: Govt Stops Cash, Cheque Payments, Goes Electronic by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2009
I apologize on my part for calling her an idiot in the forum; even though I still think she acts like one. I just do not understand why persons are not able to separate reality from deluded fantasies. Like I have said over and over and over again, Nigeria is not devoid of good ideas. Even installing modern toilets in the government house is not a bad idea, but over 99% of the time, we have seen how these good ideas have been turned into waste continually in that country. You ask people simple questions about the waste and they get defensive; defending ineptitude, thinking somehow that makes them worth listening to. It behooves us to learn from our past as that is the only way we can ENSURE we change and make better our future.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suswam Lauds Igbo For Business Activities In Benue / Congratulation, Gbawe / Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.