Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1235923 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
Get over here!! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
All hopes for Mos2 have just been shattered

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by webhead: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
so I guess it's a goodbye to Henry Cavill

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
All hopes for Mos2 have just been shattered

These peeps just setting themselves up for failure. undecided

I'm not really believing it or holding unto this just yet. WB has had a long plan of bringing in JJ Abrams to come direct or produce a Superman film. It's been long this plan was broached.

So I ain't buying this yet. Yes, it's in development but that can also mean a 5-7 year timeframe before it gets to production. Anyways even if Cavill is rebooted I believe we ain't seeing such movie not until 2024/25.

Fans are currently too invested and not yet forgotten about his character.

Same was said for Affleck, even confirmed out of the DCEU and not to don the Cape ever again. But look how things are now. He's gonna be back for Flash 2022. grin Also Remember the Multiverse. We can still get two on-screen Superman same way we getting Bats. It doesn't matter what character you like now... they're all CANON.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
Minemrys:

do u even kn0w her?

LMFAO..... You dey whine me ni.

Gwenivere of Merlin. The female servant who later got betrothed to Prince Arthur.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

LMFAO..... You dey whine me ni.

Gwenivere of Merlin. The female servant who later got betrothed to Prince Arthur.
she married king arthur, she never got betrothed to prince arthur. The one who was betrothed to arthur was the changeling, princess elaine. How can you say angel coulby is ugly? She's the girl you'd dream to date.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 10:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

These peeps just setting themselves up for failure. undecided

I'm not really believing it or holding unto this just yet. WB has had a long plan of bringing in JJ Abrams to come direct or produce a Superman film. It's been long this plan was broached.

So I ain't buying this yet. Yes, it's in development but that can also mean a 5-7 year timeframe before it gets to production. Anyways even if Cavill is rebooted I believe we ain't seeing such movie not until 2024/25.

Fans are currently too invested and not yet forgotten about his character.

Same was said for Affleck, even confirmed out of the DCEU and not to don the Cape ever again. But look how things are now. He's gonna be back for Flash 2022. grin Also Remember the Multiverse. We can still get two on-screen Superman same way we getting Bats. It doesn't matter what character you like now... they're all CANON.
rumours flying around are saying that it might not be a recast because it's likely a black superman (Val zod or someone else) if it's so, I believe they both can exist in the same universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
Una too dey talk for here oo, just to go and come back reading comments. thread don hit 1204 from 1202.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by alaboski(m): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2021
This Superman and Lois na which timeline abeg?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:04am On Feb 27, 2021
What are they smoking over there at Warner Bros. cry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:22am On Feb 27, 2021
BlackManta:
back when i was going all out on wb, thekingishere dy defend them like say i just dy hate on wb. I mean, which c0mpany would own all rights to dc c0mics and still be where it is in the cinematic universe? I hope n0w i am vindicated when i say wb have no plans, just throwing things at the wall. Why introduce or reb0ot a new superman when you can't get the one you have working? Why bring in supergirl when superman's story isn't c0mplete or when audience haven't c0nnected with him? People say snyder visi0n is resp0nsible for the failure of the dceu, you got to w0nder if wb didn't kn0w who they hired or what he was bringing in the 1st place. To me, wb should just end the dceu and start afresh with a c0nsistent plot structure or just forget about any shared c0ntinuity.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 2:55am On Feb 27, 2021
...and the MVP returns...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 7:48am On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

back when i was going all out on wb, thekingishere dy defend them like say i just dy hate on wb. I mean, which c0mpany would own all rights to dc c0mics and still be where it is in the cinematic universe? I hope n0w i am vindicated when i say wb have no plans, just throwing things at the wall. Why introduce or reb0ot a new superman when you can't get the one you have working? Why bring in supergirl when superman's story isn't c0mplete or when audience haven't c0nnected with him? People say snyder visi0n is resp0nsible for the failure of the dceu, you got to w0nder if wb didn't kn0w who they hired or what he was bringing in the 1st place. To me, wb should just end the dceu and start afresh with a c0nsistent plot structure or just forget about any shared c0ntinuity.
That's why you got the Flash to reset the DCEU anew. grin

That's the movie they're banking on to set the DC universe right. cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:52am On Feb 27, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

The movie had better be 3hours+ long. Because I don’t know how they can stuff all that characters and a flashpoint story below 3hour
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Bratking(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2021
Interesting °°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:57am On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

We still don't know if Henry Cavill will come back or not.

If Henry Cavill is still the one playing Supes, then I am still right. If he isn't, then you'll be right. We just have to wait and see.

But if they try to change him for a black Superman, then it will be the biggest mistake ever. I'm not even interested in a black Supes sef.

We wait and see how it unfolds
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2021
BlackManta:

If they try to dish Henry Cavill for Michael B Jordan as Superman, I can assure you that it will be the end of DCEU. Fans won't stand for it.

How many people even know about Val-El or whatever he calls himself?

However, I have a feeling that Henry will be announced as Superman once again and it will make headlines
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
The movie had better be 3hours+ long. Because I don’t know how they can stuff all that characters and a flashpoint story below 3hour

How many characters are in flash movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

We still don't know if Henry Cavill will come back or not.

If Henry Cavill is still the one playing Supes, then I am still right. If he isn't, then you'll be right. We just have to wait and see.

But if they try to change him for a black Superman, then it will be the biggest mistake ever. I'm not even interested in a black Supes sef.

We wait and see how it unfolds

there's n0thing about whichever pers0n is right. Wb going for a different supes origin when they could've just g0ne with a M0S 2 or bringing in supergirl when Kent is yet to be developed speaks volume. And i doubt cavill will be c0mfortable being a supporting cast or giving cameos if he keeps recieving other projects as lead. Wb d0n't have a plan. See disney, their story is a progressi0n. I mean, what's the point making an0ther supes when one isn't developed well? It's like making bucky captain america just after TWS Film. The multiverse n0nsense is just a failsafe that if their plans d0n't work out in throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, they will just cram everything together and reb0ot.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

keep believing that n0nsense. Bros, there isn't even a story sef in the c0ntinuity.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:57am On Feb 27, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

How many characters are in flash movie?
I don’t know how many, yet.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

If they try to dish Henry Cavill for Michael B Jordan as Superman, I can assure you that it will be the end of DCEU. Fans won't stand for it.

How many people even know about Val-El or whatever he calls himself?

However, I have a feeling that Henry will be announced as Superman once again and it will make headlines

I think the success of Black Panther is giving them this crazy ideas.
I believe they want to replicate or have a Black Panther of their own in DCEU, a black superhero.. A big one that could spin money for them.

This is my theory because if you take a look at a DC. There is no big black superhero that can carry the universe like Wonder Woman is currently doing for them.

They looked at Black Panther and thought that is what DCEU is missing.

But that is where the problem arises.
Why Val-Zod
How many people know Val-Zod, how many times has he appeared in the animated series cuz most people have never heard of him before

If WB want to have their own Black Panther and I believe that's the reason that influenced this decision, why not pick John Stewart for goodness sake. He is the first black superhero in DC history and WB still hasn't considered him

Why not pick Vixen whose roots are from Africa like Black Panther

Why not introduce Aqualad in the next Aquaman films and have him take the mantle after Authur's story is done... Just like how Falcon took the mantle from Captain America

What about Static Shock, he is a young black teenager facing gang violence in his neighborhood. He could be DCEU very own Spiderman but black

There are much better ideas for a major black superhero in DCEU... Much better than this Val-Zod nonsense they came up with.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
BlackManta:

I believe they want to replicate or have a Black Panther of their own in DCEU, a black superhero.. A big one that could spin money for them.

This is my theory because if you take a look at a DC. There is no big black superhero that can carry the universe like Wonder Woman is currently doing for them.

Why Val-Zod
How many people know Val-Zod, how many times has he appeared in the animated series cuz most people have never heard of him before

If WB want to have their own Black Panther and I believe that's the reason that influenced this decision, why not pick John Stewart for goodness sake. He is the first black superhero in DC history and WB still hasn't considered him

Why not introduce Aqualad in the next Aquaman films and have him take the mantle after Authur's story is done... Just like how Falcon took the mantle from Captain America

What about Static Shock, he is a young black teenager facing gang violence in his neighborhood. He could be DCEU very own Spiderman but black

There are much better ideas for a major black superhero in DCEU... Much better than this Val-Zod nonsense they came up with.
Static is in development right? That studio is just confused
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

They are using Multiverse as their safety net.
I thought the Multiverse was supposed to be a way to connect everything without doing a hard reboot of the DCEU.

With Multiverse they could have Micheal Keaton as Batman in Flash new world and still have Robert Pattison Batman doing his thing.
Robert's Batman could even pop up alongside Wonder Woman and Aquaman and it would still make sense.

I did not know they were going to use Multiverse to introduce black superman.
If this black superman were as big as John Stewart, I would not be complaining.
But he is not... Val-Zod is unknown and no one can relate to him cuz most people have never heard of him.

Warner Bros is going to shift the biggest and most popular superhero of all time to the sidelines and establish a black superman that no one asked for.

Make it make sense.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Static is in development right? That studio is just confused

Static Shock is for streaming on HBO Max only... He will not be getting a theaterical release.

Imagine that angry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
BlackManta:

Why Val-Zod

that's cause wb d0n't kn0w what to do with dc. Cyborg has already been established, why n0t use him? Or martian manhunter? So, it's n0t about black superhero or anything. They're just a greedy bunch.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

The Snyder vision was very coherent. They even had coherent timelines and solid storyline to follow. Remember, WB had a creative teams for this planning. It was BVS that made them derail all those plans of connectedness. This is why WB is now doing trial and error with their properties. See the nonsense they put out for Wonder Woman 2 after a solid start with WW 1.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

that's cause wb d0n't kn0w what to do with dc. Cyborg has already been established, why n0t use him? Or martian manhunter? So, it's n0t about black superhero or anything. They're just a greedy bunch.

John Stewart is still around, the biggest black superhero in DC has not gotten his very own movie.

How is Val-Zod movie seeing the light of day over a John Stewart Green Lantern movie

These people at Warner Bros are crazy.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

she married king arthur, she never got betrothed to prince arthur. The one who was betrothed to arthur was the changeling, princess elaine. How can you say angel coulby is ugly? She's the girl you'd dream to date.

Baba no confuse me...I know Wetin I watch. Arthur got engaged to her. Arthur was a Prince before becoming a King after his father's demise.

Arthur wey promise her marriage, give am ring and him papa and Morgana no gree at all. undecided
I remember most of it well. Isn't the changeling the troll or something?

Nah, yours not mine. Not in any fvvking way my dream gal. tongue

Brezz e no dey, yansh e no dey, fine sef, na manage. She come go get one funny weird nose wey I no understand. Am sorry but ladies with that shape of nose, I don't find attractive. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

Baba no confuse me...I know Wetin I watch. Arthur got engaged to her. Arthur was a Prince before becoming a King after his father's demise.

Arthur wey promise her marriage, give am ring and him papa and Morgana no gree at all. undecided
I remember most of it well. Isn't the changeling the troll or something?

Nah, yours not mine. Not in any fvvking way my dream gal. tongue

Brezz e no dey, yansh e no dey, fine sef, na manage. She come go get one funny weird nose wey I no understand. Am sorry but ladies with that shape of nose, I don't find attractive. undecided
that was seas0n 4 when Uther died. They were never betrothed. The girl that Arthur was betrothed to as a child was Elaine, she wasn't a troll. Just an inn0cent girl possessed by the sidhe. Her nanny was a pixie. The troll was the one who married Uther. Yes, guinevere got engaged but never betrothed to Arthur. She was a serving girl na.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
Minemrys:

that was seas0n 4 when Uther died. They were never betrothed. The girl that Arthur was betrothed to as a child was Elaine, she wasn't a troll. Just an inn0cent girl possessed by the sidhe. Her nanny was a pixie. The troll was the one who married Uther. Yes, guinevere got engaged but never betrothed to Arthur. She was a serving girl na.

Fine.

But, betrothed na the same thing with engaged. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IngeniousLeez: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
BlackManta:

Why Val-Zod

Hmm, salient points you raised there. I share same analogy too.

Me thinks it's a cash grab and WB wanting to make real their old plans of having Michael B Jordan in the DCEU.

I still don't think Val-Zod or any other alternate Black Superman will replace Cavill's. There's also other Black supes they might choose to use not necessarily Val-Zod.
Yea, I think it's a plan to have a recognizable Black Hero present in the DCEU. They're joining the diversity hype train. Reason why we seeing Latino Blue Beetle getting a live action.

But majority of the present DC comics movies or shows in development right now are all being developed with a plan/potential to get a spinoff or associated Universe. In this sense, movies can get other characters story continuing in TV shows. Likewise, I also think TV Shows major characters could get promoted to live action Big screen movies.

If you analyse it, look at the plans for GL Corps and JL Dark. They're planning to use those shows as a launch pad for familiarisation with general audience before some characters jump straight in with live action solos. In this vein, it could be said that Static Shock could still get into the DCEU.

DC heads also said it, all movies are planned with potential spinoff in mind. Also TV shows. That's why I think Supergirl is spinning off just after getting introduced in DCEU. Just like Wonder Woman.

I don't think Val-Zod is replacing Cavill. They'd be shooting themselves on the foot. They wouldn't want a SnyderCut 2.0 situation.
The multiverse mainly allows them to have multiple iterations of a single character, without confusing the audience. Easy way to eat your cake and have it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.