Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1230316 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Gbam!

Me, I haff already made up my mind since. I cannot come and be getting hbp on top movies o. Las las, studio will still make money.

BTW, where you waka go since?

Abi, you sef enter phantom zone? cheesy
Lol, na spambot they put me inside phantom zone o. I no get strength to dey switch between alternate accounts jare.

I just use the opportunity binge watch GvK. grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
Few things I gleaned from this info:>>>>>

The movies The Trench and New Gods being cancelled aren't totally shelved but kept on hold. As WB said they'll be willing to bring back the creatives(writers) for the movies back in the future when it's back for development and greenlighting.

Not surprised by this news.
I always smelt something off, and the popularity of the New Gods introduced in the ZSJL made me feel ultimately Ava's movie might be pushed back. Mainly because there needs to be a good amount of time before a new iteration. At least 5 years gap is needed between 2021 and Ava's movie which puts it 2026 Release or shooting.
Obviously she can't be put to wait that long. But when that time reaches and if still interested she will be back. I'd love to see what she'll do with the movie.

As for the Trench, if demand for their stories is there it will be greenlit.

There ain't much window or favourable atmosphere for Ava and Trench movies in the nearest future, so it's best this route they took. It'd be hard for we fans to forget Zack's Darkseid, Steppenwolf and Desaad etc easily without much time.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
People at WB are funny, Wonder Woman movie was successful, they announced a series based on Amazons. Aquaman was successful, they announced the trench. They were impressed with TSS and Batman and they announced series for both even before the movie premieres. What next, a Flash series focusing on Iris?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Wrong.

It means if a company sells shit, it is my decision to ignore the shit and move on with my life than giving myself hbp and crying like a little girl everyday
my point exactly, you can feed a nigerian shit, and trust him to stay calm. If s0me0ne else stands for their right, he'll be criticized. You w0n't understand though. How m0st fans or audience anticipate, save m0ney for films only to be scammed. I trust u to m0ve on after having waited s0mething just for it n0t to be what u want.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

This is a list of projects they've announced with nothing tangible in sight;

⁠Superman reboot
⁠Amazons
⁠Blue Beetle
⁠Zatanna
⁠Plastic Man
⁠Nightwing (been like 4 years since we heard anything)
⁠Gotham City Sirens
⁠Green Lantern Corps
⁠Booster Gold & Blue Beetle
⁠Lobo
⁠Supergirl
⁠Blackhawk
⁠Deadshot (Will Smith)
⁠Hourman
⁠Harley Quinn vs Joker movie
⁠Harley Quinn AND Joker movie (somehow a different project)
⁠JL Dark
⁠Deathstroke

Is there any reason I should take these guys serious?

Bros abeg take time dey smell your bullshït.

Half the movies you listed here WASN'T announced, they were only in development.
Development is different from announcing a movie you intend producing or greenlit or releasing a release date.
Development simply means it's story is being worked on and might get ordered to production or not depending on what are studios priorities or target. In development doesn't necessarily translate to "a project will be in production in a few years".

There are many projects stuck in development hell in various studios for years without any future headway.
Fox was developing Avatar sequels with James Cameron for how many years now? Guillermo del Toro is planning Hellboy sequels since how many years now? Master of the Universe live action nko? Red Sonja? Sony's Uncharted ? The last of Us? Black Adam just got into production this month since how many years of casting lead actor?

HBO has 6 GOT prequels in development. That doesn't necessarily mean all will be GREENLIT to series. Learn the difference. The present HBO House of The Dragon set to start filming later this year was only a second prequel in development by HBO. It was only considered and ordered to series ONLY after HBO cancelled a GOT prequel lead by Naomi Watts which had already finished, filmed and completed a pilot episode for the series. Does that make HBO less competent? Off course we know how well acclaimed and how we revere HBO for quality.

At times unforseen circumstances changes plans. Learn to be open minded and stop this whining and critique when you're not in same shoes. Heavy is the head who wears the crown.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
People at WB are funny, Wonder Woman movie was successful, they announced a series based on Amazons. Aquaman was successful, they announced the trench. They were impressed with TSS and Batman and they announced series for both even before the movie premieres. What next, a Flash series focusing on Iris?
That's what we call anticipating and seeing potential. And grabbing with super glue before it passes you by.

Riding on the success of such projects. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

The movies The Trench and New Gods being cancelled aren't totally shelved but kept on hold. As WB said they'll be willing to bring back the creatives(writers) for the movies back in the future when it's back for development and greenlighting.

I always smelt something off, and the popularity of the New Gods introduced in the ZSJL made me feel ultimately Ava's movie might be pushed back. Mainly because there needs to be a good amount of time before a new iteration. At least 5 years gap is needed between 2021 and Ava's movie which puts it 2026 Release or shooting.
Obviously she can't be put to wait that long. But when that time reaches and if still interested she will be back. I'd love to see what she'll do with the movie.

There ain't much window or favourable atmosphere for Ava and Trench movies in the nearest future, so it's best this route they took. It'd be hard for we fans to forget Zack's Darkseid, Steppenwolf and Desaad etc easily without much time.
oga, the films are dead dead. We've been here b4, when i told u all ben affleck w0n't appear in the batman or how matt reeves is doing his own thing absent any shared universe c0ncept. You all, purpl3, thekingishere came at me. Trust me, when it c0mes to wb, am always right. This is just damage c0ntrol. Remember how they fired david ayer and made it l0ok like he was going to make a gc sirens m0vie? Or how they said whed0n would direct a bat girl film. Or the nightwing film. Oh, how they rem0ved Johns and said he would work on gl c0rps. Or the cyborg m0vie we got last year.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

That's what we call anticipating and seeing potential. And grabbing with super glue before it passes you by.

and which of those projects came to life? New gods? Deadshot?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

They can only delay those comparisons, even if they leave it for 10 years...it was a dumb move, don't greenlit movies you have no plans of releasing
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Bros abeg take time dey smell your bullshït.

Half the movies you listed here WASN'T announced, they were only in development.
Development is different from announcing a movie you intend producing or greenlit or releasing a release date.
Development simply means it's story is being worked on and might get ordered to production or not depending on what are studios priorities or target. In development doesn't necessarily translate to "a project will be in production in a few years".

There are many projects stuck in development hell in various studios for years without any future headway.
Fox was developing Avatar sequels with James Cameron for how many years now? Guillermo del Toro is planning Hellboy sequels since how many years now? Master of the Universe live action nko? Red Sonja? Sony's Uncharted ? The last of Us? Black Adam just got into production this month since how many years of casting lead actor?

HBO has 6 GOT prequels in development. That doesn't necessarily mean all will be GREENLIT to series. Learn the difference. The present HBO House of The Dragon set to start filming later this year was only a second prequel in development by HBO. It was only considered and ordered to series ONLY after HBO cancelled a GOT prequel lead by Naomi Watts which had already finished, filmed and completed a pilot episode for the series. Does that make HBO less competent? Off course we know how well acclaimed and how we revere HBO for quality.

At times unforseen circumstances changes plans. Learn to be open minded and stop this whining and critique when you're not in same shoes. Heavy is the head who wears the crown.
cyborg, gl corps, ben affleck batman, jl part 2 weren't ann0unced obviously.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

But we all know they are going to cancel more than half of those soo...

[img]https://c./hxwMmyhiCoQAAAAM/rko-stupid.gif[/img]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

This is a list of projects they've announced with nothing tangible in sight;

⁠Superman reboot
⁠Amazons
⁠Blue Beetle
⁠Zatanna
⁠Plastic Man
⁠Nightwing (been like 4 years since we heard anything)
⁠Gotham City Sirens
⁠Green Lantern Corps
⁠Booster Gold & Blue Beetle
⁠Lobo
⁠Supergirl
⁠Blackhawk
⁠Deadshot (Will Smith)
⁠Hourman
⁠Harley Quinn vs Joker movie
⁠Harley Quinn AND Joker movie (somehow a different project)
⁠JL Dark
⁠Deathstroke

Is there any reason I should take these guys serious?
Furthermore:

Lobo
Supergirl
Blackhawk
Gotham City Sirens
Deadshot
Harley and Joker
Deathstroke
Nightwing
Booster Gold

These projects were only announced for development, not necessarily meaning they were surely gonna enter production. They never even had release date or were actively promoted for eventual production.

In Hollywood it's sometimes about GAMBLE. IF it works for you fine and all good. If it doesn't pay off you bare your losses. Same risk taking gave us Joker when many fans hated and were divided by it. Now who's laughing to the bank? When Disney were jumping up and happy of Endgame gross, Joker shot them and made them shut the fvvk up cos of its massive profit beating Endgame badly. So at times things aren't always Black and white.

If you know how many movies are in development that never sees the light of the day in studios you'll be shocked.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
Minemrys:

cyborg, gl corps, ben affleck batman, jl part 2 weren't ann0unced obviously.
Go down and check my recent post. ↑↑
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Furthermore:

Lobo
Supergirl
Blackhawk
Gotham City Sirens
Deadshot
Harley and Joker
Deathstroke
Nightwing
Booster Gold

These projects were only announced for development, not necessarily meaning they were surely gonna enter production. They never even had release date or were actively promoted for eventual production.

In Hollywood it's sometimes about GAMBLE. IF it works for you fine and all good. If it doesn't pay off you bare your losses. Same risk taking gave us Joker when many fans hated and were divided by it. Now who's laughing to the bank? When Disney were jumping up and happy of Endgame gross, Joker shot them and made them shut the fvvk up cos of its massive profit beating Endgame badly. So at times things aren't always Black and white.

If you know how many movies are in development that never sees the light of the day in studios you'll be shocked.

Lmao ko nessestri bro...this shaye ko nessestri grin

WB/DC are run by lunatics, egotistical lunatics..that's enough explanation

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
Minemrys:

oga, the films are dead dead. We've been here b4, when i told u all ben affleck w0n't appear in the batman or how matt reeves is doing his own thing absent any shared universe c0ncept. You all, purpl3, thekingishere came at me. Trust me, when it c0mes to wb, am always right. This is just damage c0ntrol. Remember how they fired david ayer and made it l0ok like he was going to make a gc sirens m0vie? Or how they said whed0n would direct a bat girl film. Or the nightwing film. Oh, how they rem0ved Johns and said he would work on gl c0rps. Or the cyborg m0vie we got last year.
How are you always right?? So now you be the Presence or what. grin
Matt Reeves movie ain't out yet. And The Flash comes after it, so it remains to be seen if it'll be somehow merged. We all know the first movie of the Batman would be self contained, but the sequels, no one knows.

Well, there's a Batgirl movie upcoming. And I can bet it's gonna get produced. Same with Zatanna. Those two movies I can bet my money on it anyday anytime. Static Shock or Blue Beetle might finally enter DCEU, WB needs more diversity.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

But we all know they are going to cancel more than half of those soo...

[img]https://c./hxwMmyhiCoQAAAAM/rko-stupid.gif[/img]
Let's wait and see. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Let's wait and see. grin

Guy go that Barca thread and see the kind rubbish wey person dey yarn there

I don't know how Cules reason o grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Minemrys:

and which of those projects came to life? New gods? Deadshot?
Birds of Prey was among those in-development projects littered some years back. And it was the first of many to come. And yep, it's out already even if the results were disappointing.

The Suicide Squad trailers we're Raving about now, was also a (Harley Quinn related) Reboot project in development since 2017 now if I remember correctly. Harley Quinn series was also part of the Harley money grabbing plan. tongue

Black Adam was eternally in development hell since time immemorial, and now we filming in TWO WEEKS!!
Same with The Flash. Same as The Batman even though it was retooled and rewritten. Same as Shazam.
Peacemaker series is already Filming. Green Lantern Corps series next.

I can also bet you Zatanna and to some extent Batgirl is definitely getting MADE! Also a Constantine project will most likely come up soon, either Series or Theaters. Love it or hate it.

Try to look on the positive side of things instead of focusing on negativity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

Guy go that Barca thread and see the kind rubbish wey person dey yarn there

I don't know how Cules reason o grin
Lol, I can't keep up with DC news wey person dey follow bumper to fender like dis. Besides team dey holiday. And I'm tired of the nonsense speculations and transfer Shït list. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
Fun question, do you think Lois Lane, Iris and Mary Jane would love Clark Kent, Barry Allen and Peter Parker if they were ordinary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 1:19am On Apr 03, 2021
100naira:
Fun question, do you think Lois Lane, Iris and Mary Jane would love Clark Kent, Barry Allen and Peter Parker if they were ordinary?

Yes, cos all of them find out long after they are already in love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:36am On Apr 03, 2021
I'm sorry Ava Duvernay and Tom King. This is what happens when you work with clueless studio executives. embarassed

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 1:48am On Apr 03, 2021
pu7pl3:

No they fell in love with the superheroes before the men. Lois fell for superman, MJ fell for spiderman. Not too sure about Iris though

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:54am On Apr 03, 2021
pu7pl3:

lol, Lois w0n't. I kn0w so little abt M. J but i am sure gwen stacy would love Parker if he was just that. Iris m0st certainly would love Barry Allen. Lois Lane won't give Kent so much of a thought if he was just your nerdy reporter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:02am On Apr 03, 2021
100naira:
No they fell in love with the superheroes before the men. Lois fell for superman, MJ fell for spiderman. Not too sure about Iris though
i d0n't think iris got to meet flash one on one before barry allen. In fact, they were already dating if n0t married when she found out barry was flash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2021
abduleez1:

Birds of Prey was among those in-development projects littered some years back. And it was the first of many to come. And yep, it's out already even if the results were disappointing.

The Suicide Squad trailers we're Raving about now, was also a (Harley Quinn related) Reboot project in development since 2017 now if I remember correctly. Harley Quinn series was also part of the Harley money grabbing plan. tongue

Black Adam was eternally in development hell since time immemorial, and now we filming in TWO WEEKS!!
Same with The Flash. Same as The Batman even though it was retooled and rewritten. Same as Shazam.
Peacemaker series is already Filming. Green Lantern Corps series next.

I can also bet you Zatanna and to some extent Batgirl is definitely getting MADE! Also a Constantine project will most likely come up soon, either Series or Theaters. Love it or hate it.

Try to look on the positive side of things instead of focusing on negativity.

The way some of you here talk, you talk like you don't even know WB. Any poor box office numbers from any of these movies...boom! They will cancel almost all upcoming movies and start telling us how they are trying to create a multi-dimesional universe bla bla bla...
I bet you WB is only going ahead with the Black Adam movie because they see The Rock as a cash-cow, nothing else.
I still surprise how people defend WB sef!!!
All they are doing (for me) is damage control. Imagine how they released Sucide Squad trailer 1 and 2 within a space of a week, and that didn't even give some of us a clue that all is not well...

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2021
SMUAG:

The way some of you here talk, you talk like you don't even know WB. Any poor box office numbers from any of these movies...boom! They will cancel almost all upcoming movies and start telling us how they are trying to create a multi-dimesional universe bla bla bla...
I bet you WB is only going ahead with the Black Adam movie because they see The Rock as a cash-cow, nothing else.
I still surprise how people defend WB sef!!!
All they are doing (for me) is damage control. Imagine how they released Sucide Squad trailer 1 and 2 within a space of a week, and that didn't even give some of us a clue that all is not well...

I hope that Suicide Squad 2 will not be a dumpster fire like Harley Quinn. That movie had all the beautiful colours but the story was a beautiful nonsense.

I wonder who started all these beautiful colours in Superhero movies make a beautiful movie. Heck, I love Snyder's dark colour grading. Even the new 'bright' Superman and Lois serie has stolen some montage and panels from Snyder's fighting scenes in DCEU movies. I have counted at least four of them from the first 3 episodes I watched.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2021
TonySpike:

I hope that Suicide Squad 2 will not be a dumpster fire like Harley Quinn. That movie had all the beautiful colours but the story was a beautiful nonsense.

I wonder who started all these beautiful colours in Superhero movies make a beautiful movie. Heck, I love Snyder's dark colour grading. Even the new 'bright' Superman and Lois serie has stolen some montage and panels from Snyder's fighting scenes in DCEU movies. I have counted at least four of them from the first 3 episodes I watched.

Exactly, and people are loving it!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Minemrys:

i d0n't think iris got to meet flash one on one before barry allen. In fact, they were already dating if n0t married when she found out barry was flash.
Yes you are right.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2021
Minemrys:

lol, Lois w0n't. I kn0w so little abt M. J but i am sure gwen stacy would love Parker if he was just that. Iris m0st certainly would love Barry Allen. Lois Lane won't give Kent so much of a thought if he was just your nerdy reporter.
Exactly, MJ fell in love with spiderman first and didn't really fancy Parker until she found out that they were one and the same. Lois lane also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 8:43am On Apr 03, 2021
abduleez1:

Furthermore:

Lobo
Supergirl
Blackhawk
Gotham City Sirens
Deadshot
Harley and Joker
Deathstroke
Nightwing
Booster Gold

In Hollywood it's sometimes about GAMBLE. IF it works for you fine and all good. If it doesn't pay off you bare your losses. Same risk taking gave us Joker when many fans hated and were divided by it. Now who's laughing to the bank? When Disney were jumping up and happy of Endgame gross, Joker shot them and made them shut the fvvk up cos of its massive profit beating Endgame badly So at times things aren't always Black and white.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2021
SMUAG:

Exactly, and people are loving it!
cw learnt what they needed to fr0m the supergirl show.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.