Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1243349 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Several theories are flying out on this.

I was told that some execs were delighted with some of the new god characters in ZSJL that they want Zack to do the new gods movies.

You can see that ava just made that tweet this evening after not talking about the new gods movie since.

Something is definitely happening underground.

I don't know if she'll continue or not.

But rumour has it that she might not. This rumour might not be true.

We have to wait and see how it pans out

They are not rumors, it's true. If you ask me, good riddance.

Those are two projects nobody asked for. angry

Modified: this might be an April's fool joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
Raalsalghul:

They are not rumors, it's true. If you ask me, good riddance.

Those are two projects nobody asked for. angry

Yes, I just saw it now.

So, my source was correct...lol

Hope Ava fans don't come for revenge mission because that seems to be the norm nowadays. undecided

Cc pu7pl3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Several theories are flying out on this.

I was told that some execs were delighted with some of the new god characters in ZSJL that they want Zack to do the new gods movies.

You can see that ava just made that tweet this evening after not talking about the new gods movie since.

Something is definitely happening underground.

I don't know if she'll continue or not.

But rumour has it that she might not. This rumour might not be true.

We have to wait and see how it pans out

From indiewire

The villain of “New Gods,” Darkseid, recently had a major appearance in Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” director’s cut on HBO Max, suggesting the studio might want to put space ahead of any further appearances.

James Wan’s “The Trench” was intended as a horror-centric spinoff of “Aquaman,” turning on a group of amphibious predators first introduced in the late 2018 box office smash. The script was written by Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald. Still, Wan remains in the DC universe as he’s set to start shooting “Aquaman 2” for Warner Bros. later this year.

According to THR’s sources, “DC Films, led by president Walter Hamada, is leaving the door open to revisit these properties in the future, but insiders note that when it became clear the upcoming DC slate did not have a natural spot for ‘New Gods’ or ‘The Trench’ over the next few years, execs believed it was best not to leave the filmmakers hanging in development without a clear end in sight.”

WB are so prolific in shooting themselves in the foot tbh...that's why I understand why people like Minemrys hate them soomuch
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Yes, I just saw it now.

So, my source was correct...lol

Hope Ava fans don't come for revenge mission because that seems to be the norm nowadays. undecided

Cc pu7pl3

I saw it too...I'm not even mad about Trench but New Gods? They should've even been riding on the waves Darksied and Desaad brought from ZSJL...

smh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
pu7pl3:

From indiewire

The villain of “New Gods,” Darkseid, recently had a major appearance in Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” director’s cut on HBO Max, suggesting the studio might want to put space ahead of any further appearances.

James Wan’s “The Trench” was intended as a horror-centric spinoff of “Aquaman,” turning on a group of amphibious predators first introduced in the late 2018 box office smash. The script was written by Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald. Still, Wan remains in the DC universe as he’s set to start shooting “Aquaman 2” for Warner Bros. later this year.

According to THR’s sources, “DC Films, led by president Walter Hamada, is leaving the door open to revisit these properties in the future, but insiders note that when it became clear the upcoming DC slate did not have a natural spot for ‘New Gods’ or ‘The Trench’ over the next few years, execs believed it was best not to leave the filmmakers hanging in development without a clear end in sight.”

WB are so prolific in shooting themselves in the foot tbh...that's why I understand why people like Minemrys hate them soomuch

This is a list of projects they've announced with nothing tangible in sight;

⁠Superman reboot
⁠Amazons
⁠Blue Beetle
⁠Zatanna
⁠Plastic Man
⁠Nightwing (been like 4 years since we heard anything)
⁠Gotham City Sirens
⁠Green Lantern Corps
⁠Booster Gold & Blue Beetle
⁠Lobo
⁠Supergirl
⁠Blackhawk
⁠Deadshot (Will Smith)
⁠Hourman
⁠Harley Quinn vs Joker movie
⁠Harley Quinn AND Joker movie (somehow a different project)
⁠JL Dark
⁠Deathstroke

Is there any reason I should take these guys serious?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Raalsalghul:

⁠Superman reboot
⁠Amazons
⁠Blue Beetle
⁠Zatanna
⁠Plastic Man
⁠Gotham City Sirens
⁠Green Lantern Corps
⁠Lobo
⁠Supergirl
⁠Blackhawk
⁠Deadshot (Will Smith)
⁠Hourman
⁠JL Dark
⁠Deathstroke

Tbh no one should fault anyone that doesn't take them seriously or even hates on them cos they are just deliberately putting space/enmity between them and the fans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
pu7pl3:

Tbh no one should fault anyone that doesn't take them seriously or even hates on them cos they are just deliberately putting space/enmity between them and the fans

This is a comment on Reddit and I couldn't agree more;

"WB management of DC properties has been absolutely atrocious.

Marvel has executed on every single movie they announced. WB on the other side have now cancelled about half of all the movies they announced. Add to that, self sabotage of their own movies. At this point, as a fan , I am hoping Disney buys DC and does better."

To think I had so much hope for this universe back in 2016.

Warner and co, e no go better for una. angry

Never wasting a dime on their movies again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
Raalsalghul:

This is a comment on Reddit and I couldn't agree more;

"WB management of DC properties has been absolutely atrocious.

Marvel has executed on every single movie they announced. WB on the other side have now cancelled about half of all the movies they announced. Add to that, self sabotage of their own movies. At this point, as a fan , I am hoping Disney buys DC and does better."

To think I had so much hope for this universe back in 2016.

Warner and co, e no go better for una. angry

Never wasting a dime on their movies again.

If Disney buys DC it's bye bye to R-rated flexibility and though some fans might not mind I really do tbh cry

But I share your sentiment, like why the fvck would I still be a fan...well, I console myself with the Comic books, Animations and games..those were what made me love DC in the first place before I even knew about movies soo, WB and their dumb execs can never break me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
pu7pl3:

If Disney buys DC it's bye bye to R-rated flexibility and though some fans might not mind I really do tbh cry

But I share your sentiment, like why the fvck would I still be a fan...well, I console myself with the Comic books, Animations and games..those were what made me love DC in the first place before I even knew about movies soo, WB and their dumb execs can never break me

I like your resolve.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 12:04am On Apr 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I like your resolve.

Thanks man, and I wish everyone can emulate me..

Let me go and finally watch Godzilla Vs Kong jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 12:09am On Apr 02, 2021
Hey guys we dropped a bombshell on you today but look, Suicide squad, the 2nd trailer...yay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kvDLkOiXQg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 5:10am On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Here's the evidence.

Like I said, I don't do emotional argument. Why? It always lead to nowhere.

Take note, that I also don't like cw shows but that shouldn't make me start hating on it and not see the bigger picture why the studio keeps making these shows.

Like it or not, the cw arrowverse has it own huge audience, learn to respect them. That's all I'm saying.

This is not a proof, any one with the right skill can do this write up.
What you post here is no different from what others are posting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:52am On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Some people in the Snyder fandom brought this upon themselves.

They claimed that ZSJL was going to blow WW84 out of the waters. I told them not to compare both movies but rather for us to be focused on the Snyder Cut.

They refused. Now, things didn't turn out well and you now remember that one is a PG movie while the other isn't.

And no, I am not claiming to be right cos the evidence is there.

Luiz only made a tweet about GvK numbers on apple store in the US and some unsecure people dragged ZSJL into the matter and attacked him(some have deleted their tweets)

Luiz provided evidence and said that anybody else that had contrary evidence should post it.

They couldn't till this moment.

Also note that WW84 only opened only in HBOmax in the US unlike ZSJL that was opened on HBOMAX in the US and HBOGo in several countries but you won't factor that in cos it doesn't suit your narrative.

You don't realize that's the reason why they use the US only for now.

Further more, I don't fvcking care whether WW84 did bigger numbers than ZSJL or vice versa. All I need is good DC/DCEU movie with Zack at the helms of the DCEU movies that's all.

What do you mean by "things didn't turn out well".
Giving you views above WW84's first day number is what you see as good, if I may ask. Oga, NOT ALL MOVIES DAY ONE NUMBER DETERMINED HOW IT WILL TURN OUT.. SOME HAVE LONG LEGS, WHILE SOME DON'T.
One of the main goal of HBOMAX towards ZSJL was to drag as many new subscribers out there and also to create much awareness about their services, which it is doing as a day passes by.
Never in the history DC product has been discussed as what is going on now. It has also convinced many haters and big personalities in Hollywood to join the RestoreTheSnyderverse movement. Yet you still tag ZSJL not turning out well.... I laugh in Chinese...
Because of ZSJL the buzz and possibly potential of great things WB is getting now is so tremendous...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2021
smiley

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2021
angry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Episode 5

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
nani667:
Episode 5
that show is n0w dead.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
SMUAG:

What do you mean by "things didn't turn out well".
Giving you views above WW84's first day number is what you see as good, if I may ask. Oga, NOT ALL MOVIES DAY ONE NUMBER DETERMINED HOW IT WILL TURN OUT.. SOME HAVE LONG LEGS, WHILE SOME DON'T.

What I mean by things didn't turn out well, I simply mean that things didn't go the way they wanted. And that was ZSJL having greater opening numbers than WW84 so that they can shiit on WW84.

One of the main goal of HBOMAX towards ZSJL was to drag as many new subscribers out there and also to create much awareness about their services, which it is doing as a day passes by.
This is the main goal for all their movies and shows, Oga. Not just for zsjl

Never in the history DC product has been discussed as what is going on now. It has also convinced many haters and big personalities in Hollywood to join the RestoreTheSnyderverse movement. Yet you still tag ZSJL not turning out well.... I laugh in Chinese...

When did i say that ZSJL is not turning out well? So, because I said that as it stand with the analytics on ground WW84 performed better, it means that ZSJL didn't do well abi?

Na wa o
Because of ZSJL the buzz and possibly potential of great things WB is getting now is so tremendous...

And that will be great for everyone
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
SMUAG:

This is not a proof, any one with the right skill can do this write up.
What you post here is no different from what others are posting.

They quoted Time warner CEO as a reference/back up.

If you think anyone can write this, then you can hire a good writer to do a counter article and use the Time Warner CEo as your own reference.

Let's see if you won't chop better law suit since the CEO never gave you any interview on your write up. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2021
nani667:
Episode 5

My brother enjoy yourself.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

From indiewire

Imo, the decision was totally senseless and uncalled for.

Nothing stops them from making Ava's new gods and Zack having his JL 2&3 and even his own new god movie on HBOmax.

At least, they are the ones that said ZSJL was not canon. And if zsjl wasnt canon, what stops them from running both?

I doubt if Zack will even make the new gods movie as doing so will be a replica of what Joss did to him.

Make we dey watch as e dey go
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

Gbam on the bolded... This is what everybody should be doing.

That's why I am mostly un-phased with whatever decision they make.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

⁠Superman reboot
⁠Amazons
⁠Blue Beetle
⁠Zatanna
⁠Plastic Man
⁠Gotham City Sirens
⁠Green Lantern Corps
⁠Lobo
⁠Supergirl
⁠Blackhawk
⁠Deadshot (Will Smith)
⁠Hourman
⁠JL Dark
⁠Deathstroke

It's the hourman movie that is the funniest.

How many fans (not just movie goers) know about hourman?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

It's the hourman movie that is the funniest.

How many fans (not just movie goers) know about hourman?

Lmao...the thing taya me.
But it's a JSA movie set up. Some characters are not meant to be big on their first outing.

At least the Titans show has done a job of creating awareness already.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Same mentality here. cool

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
SMUAG:

Having a high views/box office numbers in day one doesn't automatically means you are more successful or will do better... One is PG-13 while the other is R-rated. Most parents in US first of all see the R-rated movie first before decide if their kids/whole family can see it. On like PG-13 that they all see once.
Avatar weekend numbers were far lesser than many movies, but what happened at the end...
AT THE END ZSJL NUMBERS WILL BE FAR GREATER THAN WW84, BOTH DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL.
Ummm, I ain't sure about that bro. undecided

No matter your hate, it doesn't trumps DATA.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Also note that WW84 only opened only in HBOmax in the US unlike ZSJL that was opened on HBOMAX in the US and HBOGo in several countries but you won't factor that in cos it doesn't suit your narrative.

You don't realize that's the reason why they use the US only for now.

Further more, I don't fvcking care whether WW84 did bigger numbers than ZSJL or vice versa.
You dey mind am, make him dey mouth off anyhow without statistics.

The guy is actually forgetting WW84 premiered both on Theaters(rest of the world) and Streaming together same day in US.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
abduleez1:

Same mentality here. cool

Gbam!

Me, I haff already made up my mind since. I cannot come and be getting hbp on top movies o. Las las, studio will still make money.

BTW, where you waka go since?

Abi, you sef enter phantom zone? cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

meaning, a c0mpany can sell you shit and you'll just have it with both hands. And s0me were arguing when i said it's in nigerian bl0od to n0t be revoluti0nary and take what they slap him with. I can see why u see fisher as the bad guy.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
Minemrys:

meaning, a c0mpany can sell you shit and you'll just have it with both hands. And s0me were arguing when i said it's in nigerian bl0od to n0t be revoluti0nary and take what they slap him with. I can see why u see fisher as the bad guy.

Wrong.

It means if a company sells shit, it is my decision to ignore the shit and move on with my life than giving myself hbp and crying like a little girl everyday
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
DCEU calendar so far cool

What do you think?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

My brother enjoy yourself.

Ofcos ✅

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.