Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1243079 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
Me to WB...will you do another reboot?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
You peeps are kinda funny......
You think present box office gross will faze WB. Then you've not been paying attention.

People that are willing to sacrifice millions if not billions of dollars production money for streaming day and date release. And you think this one go shock them. People still paid millions extra money to creatives and actors just to keep movies on streaming.

They ain't desperate for money returns now. This board seem more bothered with the bigger picture.
People be making loss since 2019 until Joker saved them face, and they ain't desperate to recoup those massive losses.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
abduleez1:
You think present box office gross will faze WB. Then you've not been paying attention.

People that are willing to sacrifice millions if not billions of dollars production money for streaming day and date release. And you think this one go shock them. People still paid millions extra money to creatives and actors just to keep movies on streaming.

They ain't desperate for money returns now. This board seem more bothered with the bigger picture.
People be making loss since 2019 until Joker saved them face, and they ain't desperate to recoup those massive losses.

Okay so no more reboots and cancellations?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2021
abduleez1:

There is no iota of doubt on Jurnee Smollett's acting prowess. If there was any, she crushed that doubt in Lovecraft Country. So good she got a nom at the Emmys.

Blame the scriptwriters and the director. Heck, the team who thought centering the BOP movie on a Di¢k pic can't be taken seriously, if not for WB's intervention.
Then they really need to rewrite black canary, can't have Dinah Lance wearing nose rings and acting like a tough. I just don't like how she was written.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
abduleez1:

Are you sure? Suicide squad wasn't just released for streaming oh. And this is the wb that rebooted man of steel for BvS. WB are known for being fidgety. For someone who says he goes with whatever the flow is, you sure are placing alot of faith in these corporate guys
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2021
pu7pl3:

Doesn't look like that would be a centrepiece in this new phase.
Cancellations or reboots will be far lesser except maybe for Flash that is hinging on resetting the DCEU. Asides that, movies or projects WB are unsure of gets moved to HBOMax. That way they don't bother about box office gross and keep the fans with more content and HBOMax gathers more subs. It's a win win.

HBOMax is the key. The only thing is HBOMax needs to expand BIG worldwide next year and 2023 so that more people gets to see their new DC movies. DC movies have been amongst the most watched movies in streaming this year, they are in top 10: ZSJL, WW84, TSS even BOP was decent.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:42am On Aug 22, 2021
Minemrys:

Are you sure? Suicide squad wasn't just released for streaming oh. And this is the wb that rebooted man of steel for BvS. WB are known for being fidgety. For someone who says he goes with whatever the flow is, you sure are placing alot of faith in these corporate guys
Yep, it wasn't released for streaming, same as GvK, WW84, Dune and Matrix but WB is sticking their neck for streaming release despite knowing they'll lose money. The bigger picture have been to grow max numbers and it's working. They have been outpacing Netflix and Disney subs since first quarter.
Was MOS rebooted with BVS?
They don't seem fidgety now with their sticking to streaming release even with massive backlash and threats last December. They looking like a god now, releasing their big movies when other studios continues to push back or send to Streaming all together.

DC fans don't know we gotta be praising anyone who came up with the HBOMax plans. For me, that's where DC gets saved and build a connected or coherent verse. No pressure from there and creatives could do what they like with minimal meddling. It gives us easy access or audience for lesser known characters without BO pressure.
Now DC fans can bet on at least 6 movies per year+ series. Many B-list characters are getting shown to fans.
Numbers of movies have been DC's problem. We don't have enough movies for people to care much about. You can't compare 7/8 movies with a franchise with 15 movies...now over 25 movies.

I sure die, if not for HBOMax all these new movies for smaller characters would never happen. Even if announced they would be cancelled. If they can link up the series with the movies on HBOMax and theatrical, I swear we go enjoy.

Things will be set straight with Fandome.
Isn't fleshing out more characters and more movies going with the flow? WB main concern seem to be revitalising the brand and growing audiences acceptance, not box office gross.

Sorry for the verbose.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Yep, it wasn't released for streaming, same as GvK, WW84, Dune and Matrix but WB is sticking their neck for streaming release despite knowing they'll lose money. The bigger picture have been to grow max numbers and it's working. They have been outpacing Netflix and Disney subs since first quarter.
They don't seem fidgety now with their sticking to streaming release even with massive backlash and threats last December. They looking like a god now, releasing their big movies when other studios continues to push back or send to Streaming all together.

DC fans don't know we gotta be praising anyone who came up with the HBOMax plans. For me, that's where DC gets saved and build a connected or coherent verse. No pressure from there and creatives could do what they like with minimal meddling. It gives us easy access or audience for lesser known characters without BO pressure.
Now DC fans can bet on at least 6 movies per year+ series. Many B-list characters are getting shown to fans.
Numbers of movies have been DC's problem. We don't have enough movies for people to care much about. You can't compare 7/8 movies with a franchise with 15 movies...now over 25 movies.

I sure die, if not for HBOMax all these new movies for smaller characters would never happen. Even if announced they would be cancelled. If they can link up the series with the movies on HBOMax and theatrical, I swear we go enjoy.

Isn't fleshing out more characters and more movies going with the flow? WB main concern seem to be revitalising the brand and growing audiences acceptance, not box office gross.

Sorry for the verbose.

Okay man, if you say so
I'm also hoping they don't panic...na PTSD dey cause all these concerns from fans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2021
pu7pl3:

Okay man, if you say so
I'm also hoping they don't panic...na PTSD dey cause all these concerns from fans
That's the hope. Cos if all these deductions no come through in 2022/23 and na same old same old panicky WB, the dragging wey I go chop for here ehn. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2021
abduleez1:

That's the hope. Cos if all these deductions no come through in 2022/23 and na same old same old panicky WB, the dragging wey I go chop for here ehn. grin grin

People like Minemrys go find you come your hide out like...

Boss, why haven't you come online since?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Sorry for the verbose.

I laugh in Chinese...lol
The way some of us here talk like we are even the WB execs baffles me o...
After another failed one, just like TSS, new narrative go burst out again.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2021
SMUAG:

I laugh in Chinese...lol

Okay.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2021
pu7pl3:

People like Minemrys go find you come your hide out like...

Boss, why haven't you come online since?

Lol, I know na. E be like say you read my mind. Na him and smuag go first find my location. grin grin

Online? Na Barca thread I dey jare, dey LAMENT.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheHulk616:

Can we get the new box office numbers $?
You could watch suicide squad without paying premium pay so I don't know how this movie was a massive success angry

It was a massive success on HBOMax.

Only 2 movies so far made money in BO.

Those movies are GvK and F9
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheHulk616:

Can we get the new box office numbers $?
You could watch suicide squad without paying premium pay so I don't know how this movie was a massive success angry

It was a massive success on HBOMax.

Only 2 blockbuster movies so far made money in BO.

Those movies are GvK and F9
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Raalsalghul:

If it's a success, then WB should announce a sequel. undecided

WB regarded it as a massive success before the movie came out , thats why they greenlighted the peacemaker TV show, remember? undecided

What? Is it with the 120 million dollars that it made at the international box office on a budget of 185 mill. sad

Where you expecting this movie to break box office records in a pandemic?

I'm cocksure with those figures, the suits at WB are already in panic mode so all these news snippets to me are just posturing. embarassed

The only person in panic mode is you o bros.. WB has come out to say that it is a massive success and are already looking for other DCEU projects to give James Gunn.

For your own health, you better lower your hopes. undecided

Five years counting and you guys have learnt nothing.

My simple advise to you is to calm down and try to see things from another angle before complaining. cheesy

If you don't know, HBOMax is making more money than D+ despite D+ being almost WW and HBOmax having its major subscribers in the US (we don't know the numbers for latin america yet).

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
Minemrys:

Bros, except season 2. Be honest for once, just cause you like season 2 doesn't mean the show is anything special. Legends of tomorrow has been winning awards too, just saying.

I am being honest as I have posted the evidence here several times. Titans (season 1 and 2) was amongst the top 10 trending on demand show in the US for 2 fvcking years straight. And you wanna compare it with LOT? Dey fear God na.

But what I like is that, the writers upped their game in season 3. The show has been good so far but they better wrap that black fire storyline cause that plot seems to be a boring one, it's kinda making the star fire actress look dull, especially when playing vulnerable.

Yeah, the writing, the costumes and everything got upped due to HBO money and so far, I don't see a problem with Black fire storyline cos that's what fans wanted (go to DCTitans page). Abi, dey shouldn't give the fans what they want?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Abi, dey shouldn't give the fans what they want?

MoS 2 is what we want! undecided grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
WB regarded it as a massive success before the movie came out , thats why they greenlighted the peacemaker TV show, remember? undecided

If it was a success, then WB should announce a sequel: that alone is enough to tell us the movie was profitable.

Also, what metrics would you use to measure that the film was successful prior to its release and then subsequently conclude that Warner Bros ordered the series because of that?

For someone learned, I would have expected you would have done some basic google search before coming up with this nonsense that Peacemaker series was greenlighted because The Suicide Squad was successful: a project that was still about a year from release.

But as an antidote to your ignorance on this issue, I would you tell that Peacemaker started as a fun project for James Gunn after which Warner Bros approached him requesting if there's any character in The Suicide Squad he would like to create a spin off series for. Mind you, they made such request because they were looking at expanding their upcoming HBO slate.

So that your excuse of Warner Bros ordering Peacemaker series because The Suicide Squad was successful is null and void.

Where you expecting this movie to break box office records in a pandemic?

For how long would you people go on with this "Pandemic" excuse?

Are you telling me that we've not had successful films this year.

1. Godzilla V Kong was released on HBO Max and theatres worldwide simultaneously: it made money on both platforms.

2. The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, also released on HBO Max and theatres worldwide simultaneously and still made money.

So the above examples which are all Warner Bros projects have ruled out your pandemic excuse.

The only person in panic mode is you o bros.. WB has come out to say that it is a massive success and are already looking for other DCEU projects to give James Gunn.

Show me a link in which Warner Bros have come out to say The Suicide Squad was successful and by link, I don't mean all this "dem say, dem say" Hollywood bloggers: what I mean is a communique from one of Warner Bros' platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Website etc).

You know what? Scratch that!

You can come up with a "dem say dem say" blog link stating that The Suicide Squad was successful and I'll come up with 20 others stating its utter disappointment.

My simple advise to you is to calm down and try to see things from another angle before complaining. cheesy

This is the only reasonable thing you've said so far which begs the question, what perspective should I see it from?.

The only thing that matters to these guys is "money, money and more money" and until a sequel is announced/production started, I refuse to believe this film made any positive impact to their studio.

I'm very sure you know announcing a sequel is the gold standard to measure the profitability of a film as per Hollywood standard.

If you don't know, HBOMax is making more money than D+ despite D+ being almost WW and HBOmax having its major subscribers in the US (we don't know the numbers for latin america yet).

I don't see how the above information relates to The Suicide Squad.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
MoS 2 is what we want! undecided grin grin

Infact eh. But never give up hope.

I know one day the fans will rejoice and get their MOS2
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
pu7pl3:

I just like your style; short and concise. grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Raalsalghul:

If it was a success, then WB should announce a sequel: that alone is enough to tell us the movie was profitable.

After WW84 was released, a sequel was announced, does that mean that WW84 was a success at the BO?

Also, GvK was highly profitable and a huge success both at cinemas and HBOmax, yet a sequel is not yet announced. This is enough to show you that the bolded is not exactly true.

Also, what metrics would you use to measure that the film was successful prior to its release and then subsequently conclude that Warner Bros ordered the series because of that?

Any movie that brings profit to a studio is successful. For example, WW84 and BW failed at the BO but both were a huge success on their respective streaming platforms which generated a lot of revenue for the studio.

For someone learned, I would have expected you would have done some basic google search before coming up with this nonsense that Peacemaker series was greenlighted because The Suicide Squad was successful: a project that was still about a year from release.

Lol, do you think WB will approve a spin off tv show to a movie they don't regard as being a success? cheesy

But as an antidote to your ignorance on this issue, I would you tell that Peacemaker started as a fun project for James Gunn after which Warner Bros approached him requesting if there's any character in The Suicide Squad he would like to create a spin off series for. Mind you, they made such request because they were looking at expanding their upcoming HBO slate.

Lol, that doesn't change the fact that Gunn wrote peacemaker after WB was impressed with TSS. Gunn only wrote peacemaker when Hamada told him to make a spin-off show with any of the characters. Gunn wrote the peacemaker towards completion of shooting TSS.

Also, take note that even Kevin Feige was invited by Gunn to the production scene and kevin was impressed.

So that your excuse of Warner Bros ordering Peacemaker series because The Suicide Squad was successful is null and void.

Lol, it isn't, as WB also sees The Batman as a success and greenlighted several spin-off shows to feature on HBOmax.

For how long would you people go on with this "Pandemic" excuse?

As long as there is a pandemic hitting the major markets (which is the US and China in second), it is a valid reason.

Are you telling me that we've not had successful films this year.

1. Godzilla V Kong was released on HBO Max and theatres worldwide simultaneously: it made money on both platforms.

2. The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, also released on HBO Max and theatres worldwide simultaneously and still made money.

So the above examples which are all Warner Bros projects have ruled out your pandemic excuse.

At least you know that these movies are owned by WB. However, these two movies came out when the pandemic was at an all time low this year. The delta variant came at closer around July ending /August which was the period that TSS was going to be released.

Secondly, TSS is an R rated movie unlike GvK which was assisted with BO boost from China. For The conjuring, it is a low budget movie and a highly popular franchise, so it was bound to do well

Show me a link in which Warner Bros have come out to say The Suicide Squad was successful and by link, I don't mean all this "dem say, dem say" Hollywood bloggers: what I mean is a communique from one of Warner Bros' platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Website etc).

You can see yourself. Have I not told you guys severally that WB uses 3rd party to send their messages across? If you want evidence from 3rd party news that WB stated they are happy with the success of TSS, I can give you.

You know what? Scratch that!

You can come up with a "dem say dem say" blog link stating that The Suicide Squad was successful and I'll come up with 20 others stating its utter disappointment.

Actually, it came out of the HBOmax Chief, Andy Forssell, as numerous articles quoted him.

So, I expect you to provide the article quoting Andy Forssell stating that it is a disappointment. (DONT DISAPPOINT ME)

This is the only reasonable thing you've said so far which begs the question, what perspective should I see it from?.

You dey make me laugh cheesy anyways see things from a management and business perspective.

The only thing that matters to these guys is "money, money and more money" and until a sequel is announced/production started, I refuse to believe this film made any positive impact to their studio.

GVK made money but a sequel is yet to be announced. Does that mean that the movie didn't make any positive impact to the studio? lol

I'm very sure you know announcing a sequel is the gold standard to measure the profitability of a film as per Hollywood standard.

I don't see how the above information relates to The Suicide Squad.

No it isn't.

As I mentioned, GvK is among the most successful movie this year, yet a sequel is yet to be announced. Disney greenlit a cruella sequel despite the movie flopping at the BO and on D+.

So, NO. That is not the gold standard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
That Nightwing Vs Redhood fight scene was God-tier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
I'm enjoying Cindy's interactions with Eclipso, a really compelling subplot there...that her mum is hot tho kiss

I hope this iteration of Green Lantern isn't what they are about to feed us with in the upcoming HBOMAX Green Lantern project cos it's quite wack and not true to the comics
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I am being honest as I have posted the evidence here several times. Titans (season 1 and 2) was amongst the top 10 trending on demand show in the US for 2 fvcking years straight. And you wanna compare it with LOT? Dey fear God na.

Yeah, the writing, the costumes and everything got upped due to HBO money and so far, I don't see a problem with Black fire storyline cos that's what fans wanted (go to DCTitans page). Abi, dey shouldn't give the fans what they want?

TheKingIsHere:

I have always said it that Titans is one of the best TV shows out there.

About to watch episode 4
Baba, the things you posted only suggested it was the most watched superhero show not best.
Come to think of it, legends of tomorrow was voted best whatever, but we all know that show is crap.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I have always said it that Titans is one of the best TV shows out there.

About to watch episode 4

Superman and Lois, Doom Patrol are miles better than Titans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by webhead: 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheHulk616:
all comicbook movies this year has been terrible but DC is worst.
Suicide squad was boring and stupid.
Black widow was trash, with gender swapping characters, boring plot and useless jokes. angry
hmmmmm
Am I seeing things, or is hulk616 actually thrashing a marvel movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
webhead:
hmmmmm
Am I seeing things, or is hulk616 actually thrashing a marvel movie?
Yes, I am trashing a trash movie from marvel. angry and I am worried now that people like JAMES gunn will bring more trash from DC to marvel.
Amd also the Abnormal LBGTQ++ people have polluted marvel, e.g is that upcoming gay infested eternals. angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by billyboy(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2021
grin grin grin grin
TheHulk616:
Yes, I am trashing a trash movie from marvel. angry and I am worried now that people like JAMES gunn will bring more trash from DC to marvel.
Amd also the Abnormal LBGTQ++ people have polluted marvel, e.g is that upcoming gay infested eternals. angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by l69l: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2021
BlackManta:

Superman and Lois, Doom Patrol are miles better than Titans
Which Superman and Lois are u talking about hope itz nt CW sh!t
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2021
SMUAG:

I laugh in Chinese...lol
TSS wasn't a failure, every single person who have seen the movie loves the movie, and if it was just strictly cinema it definitely will have made more money. The aim for the moment is to make movies that is generally accepted.

The movie will come with time, if there was to be the suicide squad 2 and it's strictly cinema ppl will go watch it including me bcus the last one was loveable. And that's the idea, build trust with ur content. The fact that a black Canary and perhaps a green arrow movie is coming bursting my brain already
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2021
TSS is a very okay movie, I don’t care if it doesn’t make enough money for WB, they had it coming. Let’s just enjoy the movies. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.