Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,670 members, 7,851,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1251775 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
pu7pl3:

Top 5?

Yeah. On HBOmax here are the ranking;

1. Mortal Kombat
2. The suicide squad
3. GvK
4. WW84
5. ZSJL

The MK franchise is huge!! I hope Dune will be able to knock it out of the number 1 spot
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
DC Titans season 3 has been amazing so far.

I really love the costume upgrade especially for Kory. It's good they gave her a short skirt and maintained her sexy looks.

The fight between dick and red hood was great but short. They should've made it longer. Overall, great episode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

1. Mortal Kombat
2. The suicide squad
3. GvK
4. WW84
5. ZSJL

The MK franchise is huge!! I hope Dune will be able to knock it out of the number 1 spot

fair enough... imagine if there was a sequel that followed up the Darkseid's story for streaming and theatres

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Delusional much? grin grin

No cap, there has not been any streaming plus VOD sales more than that of ZSJL this year
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2021
pu7pl3:

fair enough... imagine if there was a sequel that followed up the Darkseid's story for streaming and theatres
A darkseid origin would have done well on HBOmax and boosted the subscription numbers.

But the beef between WB and Zack says otherwise cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

A darkseid origin would have done well on HBOmax and boosted the subscription numbers.

But the beef between WB and Zack says otherwise cheesy

When is Black Adam dropping again?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
For those that still underrate Titans, the show entered number 1 spot in the US on demand in it's first week. It maintained the position in it's second week.

Take note that despite all the fake noise, Wandavision got the number one spot in it's 5/6 episode while Falcon and the winter soldier got there in like the final episode.

Maximum respect once again to DC Titans!! cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
pu7pl3:

Next year.

We have The Batman, Flash, Black Adam and Aquaman 2(my most anticipated movie) coming out in 2021.

We also have either Black Canary, blue beetle, Batgirl or static shock coming out on HBOmax as well cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:
Trouble in paradise. grin

Trying so hard by posting old news? Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:
Trouble in paradise. grin

Anything for cheap likes. undecided undecided Old news.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
pu7pl3:

July 29.

I find it kinda weird that in this pandemic WB and Disney is taking their beef a notch higher. They both placing Tentpole movies against each other next year. Black Adam vs Indiana Jones in 2022 (same day release).
Aquaman 2 vs Avatar 2 (days apart).

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

If the run time is much, then it will do well more on HBOmax
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
Still relevant lol... A 4 day old article.

TheKingIsHere:

Trying so hard by posting old news? Lol
abduleez1:

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

July 29.

I find it kinda weird that in this pandemic WB and Disney is taking their beef a notch higher. They both placing Tentpole movies against each other next year. Black Adam vs Indiana Jones in 2022 (same day release).
Aquaman 2 vs Avatar 2 (days apart).

I love the competition (it's been there). It's healthy and gives room to watch more movies
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

James Gunn too was not happy about tss on HBOmax. So, it ain't no big deal especially when other studios like Disney are adopting HBOmax parterns
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

The first you posted is pure BAIT. And you know it.

What's the difference between this post and the one I sent you. You just love sensational headlines, without context. undecided
It's even earlier than your sensationalist article.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

The first you posted is pure BAIT. And you know it.

What's the difference between this post and the one I sent you. You just love sensational headlines, without context. undecided
It's even earlier than your sensationalist article.

Don't mind him. Maybe he thought we won't scrutinize the article.

Even Dennis knows that he will get a part 2 because the studio has said that they love it and a part 2 is already secured.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

James Gunn too was not happy about tss on HBOmax. So, it ain't no big deal especially when other studios like Disney are adopting HBOmax parterns
Leave am make him dey whine himself. grin

Earlier this year, I see how this Niqqa dey cry serious tears because I take potshots at Nolan. If you see the name-calling and insults from him. I just mellow ignore am, dey look am dey laff. E come be like say na him papa I troll. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

Leave am make him dey whine himself. grin

Earlier this year, I see how this Niqqa dey cry serious tears because I take potshots at Nolan. If you see the name-calling and insults from him. I just mellow ignore am, dey look am dey laff. E come be like say na him papa I troll. grin grin grin

I wanted to ignore him at first but I knew some people here (they know themselves) who can shake for anything will fall for the bait.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Even Dennis knows that he will get a part 2 because the studio has said that they love it and a part 2 is already secured.
Sure. Dune 2 is a almost confirmed.

Any Big movie that does well with the critics and general audience with decent BO is getting promoted in this era at WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

1. Mortal Kombat
2. The suicide squad
3. GvK
4. WW84
5. ZSJL

Dune is a great sci-fi book, but unfortunately people don't care about that. This movie cannot rely on people knowing the story and wanting to see it adapted in a movie, it needs to put butts in seats based on its own merits and I don't know if it has the legs for it. Bottom line, it's highly probable Dune is going to flop.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I wanted to ignore him at first but I knew some people here (they know themselves) who can shake for anything will fall for the bait.

Lol,..na wetin make me sef put mouth oo.

I be wan keep the peace before. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

Any Big movie that does well with the critics and general audience with decent BO is getting promoted in this era at WB.

Exactly.

Especially when WB knew the risk of throwing the movie on streaming. What the need is to use this movie to boost HBOmax subscription numbers the more and increase their revenue.

Next year is when the real battle of streaming begins.

All streaming services are releasing their big guns
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Dune is a great sci-fi book, but unfortunately people don't care about that. This movie cannot rely on people knowing the story and wanting to see it adapted in a movie, it needs to put butts in seats based on its own merits and I don't know if it has the legs for it. Bottom line, it's highly probable Dune is going to flop.

Highly probable.

But the butts and in seats you talking about is why it has a mammoth cast with huge reputations. Also the director and the mammoth CGI and budget.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Oga, most movies have flopped during the pandemic. That's nothing new.

Jungle Cruise is a flop at cinemas but doing well on streaming and Disney is happy with that.

So, tell us something new
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Exactly.

Especially when WB knew the risk of throwing the movie on streaming. What the need is to use this movie to boost HBOmax subscription numbers the more and increase their revenue.

Next year is when the real battle of streaming begins.

All streaming services are releasing their big guns
Yep. That's what I'm waiting for.
More reason why I don't get the people crying TSS failed, this failed, that failed in BO.

That's why I'm more hyped for anything HBO& HBOMAX cos that's the future and potential set the DC universe rolling. With the number of projects we can easily flesh out our universe with lesser pressure.

But next year HBOMax is really bringing the guns. Same as Amazon. Disney already setting there's up. Don't know bout Apple TV. Netflix seems to be planning big too with The Witcher and Vikings.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I love the competition (it's been there). It's healthy and gives room to watch more movies

It's healthy when it's a competition. It's unhealthy when one gets a drubbing. grin grin

Remember how Maleficent got a Beating from Joker. grin grin
Or how Mary Poppins got assfvcked by Aquaman. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Oga, most movies have flopped during the pandemic. That's nothing new.

Jungle Cruise is a flop at cinemas but doing well on streaming and Disney is happy with that.

So, tell us something new

Denis Villeneuve's films by and large have great cinematography but move at a snail's pace. The more faithful Dune is to the book, the more I suspect the pacing is going to be godawful for those with low attention spans/patience. I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049, but I knew quite a few people that didn't care for it. I'm expecting more of the same.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

Highly probable.

But the butts and in seats you talking about is why it has a mammoth cast with huge reputations. Also the director and the mammoth CGI and budget.

Denis is coming off Bladerunner 2049 which has "mammoth CGI and budget", a beautiful and amazing movie by every means, but which unfortunately lost a significant amount of money because a lot of people don't like it. I've no doubt Villeneuve's Dune will be a movie that will remain in the cultural consciousness for a long time just as 2049, but I just can't see it being a commercial success, stream and cinema both.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Part 2 is not guaranteed... yet. The success of part 1 guarantees part 2. If it flops, we won't be getting a sequel. Dune was a huge thing in science fiction... 40 to 50 years ago. Since then and most importantly today, it is only frequently mentioned among people who are already fans of heavier sci-fi. So please let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
abduleez1:

You DC fans are a delusional lot. There won't be a sequel unless Dune does well commercially. Nothing is confirmed yet.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Denis is coming off Bladerunner 2049 which has "mammoth CGI and budget", a beautiful and amazing movie by every means, but which unfortunately lost a significant amount of money because a lot of people don't like it. I've no doubt Villeneuve's Dune will be a movie that will remain in the cultural consciousness for a long time just as 2049, but I just can't see it being a commercial success, stream and cinema both.

Let's wait and see. It's dicey. Funny enough, I historically put DUNE in my flop list in early 2020. I was trashed in the movie thread cos of that list.
I was trashed cos I included DUNE, GvK and Coming 2 America 2. grin grin

Fast forward to 2021, I'm more hopeful. At least that Huge cast should count for something. Momoa, Oscar Isaac, Bautista, Timothy and Zendaya should have an impact. That's the reason the budget bmia so high. Cast might take over half the production cost.
It flopped once in 90s, they should have learnt a thing or two by now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.