Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,475 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1255179 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Salty much? Lol.

NO it's top-tier, and NO, it's appropriately rated.

There is nothing top teir or ground breaking about it and it's even blasphemous to be in the same conversations with the Dark Knight or Iron Man 1
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Wrong again. Casuals have never even heard of Shang-Chi before the announcement of the movie. Better still, casuals don't know it's tied to Marvel, let alone part of MCU phase 4. Unlike ZSJL, there are no fanatical section of the fandom brigading the audience polls, thereby influencing it. Suffice to say, Shang-Chi unprecedented success is owed to none other than the director, writers, actors and the rest of the film crew that worked together to create a very compelling and unique story.

So we're just going to act like the MCU fandom doesn't have a fanatical section? ZSJL supposedly has those brigading the audience polls but Shang Chi's is all organic? As if ZSJL didn't even have to deal with a negative anti-fandom. Ogbeni rest. Later you go dey claim unbiased observer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaycee7:
So we're just going to act like the MCU fandom doesn't have a fanatical section? ZSJL supposedly has those brigading the audience polls but Shang Chi's is all organic? As if ZSJL didn't even have to deal with a negative anti-fandom. Ogbeni rest. Later you go dey claim unbiased observer.

Well, MCU and Marvel in general have a section of the fandom that is indeed fanatical, but one thing they don't have is a fanatical section more loyal to a director or/and company than Marvel/MCU. Simu and The director of Shang-Chi are relative unknowns to inspire fanatical fellowship, furthermore Shang-Chi was completely unknown to casual movie goers prior to it's announcement. Thus, the idea that one can brigade something they don't know is preposterous. Shang-Chi audience polls are as genuine as can be.

Brigading is not a problem unique to DC/DCEU but it's one that's very recurring. For instance, In DC, there are the Snydra subset, and then there are the WB subset... and finally, the real fans.

• A WB fan will not only hype DC but WB products in general. They are more likely to take WB side in a WB vs DC argument. One of such fans is very active in this thread.

• Then the Snydras. From what I've seen, you belong squarely in this subset. Your kind brigades anything that has Snyder on it, they unironically believe Snyder is the best thing to happen to DCEU. Ergo, it's easy to see how ZSJL could have such high RT audience score despite it being longish/boring and average.

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2021

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

There is nothing top teir or ground breaking about it and it's even blasphemous to be in the same conversations with the Dark Knight or Iron Man 1

It's top-tier and groundbreaking in its own way.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

It's top-tier and groundbreaking in its own way.

"in its own way"

Just like saying a mid looking girl is beautiful in her own way...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

"in its own way"

Just like saying a mid looking girl is beautiful in her own way...

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Keep taking those L grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Keep taking those L grin

lies grin there are females that everyone knows they are mid but to make her feel better about herself you tell her she is beautiful in her own way grin

That's what's happening with Shang Chi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
Guys how true is this news? undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

lies grin there are females that everyone knows they are mid but to make her feel better about herself you tell her she is beautiful in her own way grin

That's what's happening with Shang Chi

I wonder why folks didn't extend the same courtesy to WW84, hmn? Wait, I know... it's because you're full of shit.grin grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
BankyGee:
Guys how true is this news? undecided
Not true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Not true.
Thanks egbon ✊

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Well, MCU and Marvel in general have a section of the fandom that is indeed fanatical, but one thing they don't have is a fanatical section more loyal to a director or/and company than Marvel/MCU. Simu and The director of Shang-Chi are relative unknowns to inspire fanatical fellowship, furthermore Shang-Chi was completely unknown to casual movie goers prior to it's announcement. Thus, the idea that one can brigade something they don't know is preposterous. Shang-Chi audience polls are as genuine as can be.
Lol! All the fanatics need to know is that it's an MCU property. All these unknown director and unknown lead star takes are irrelevant once you consider the production company. There's nothing preposterous about the idea of Shang Chi being brigaded.

Brigading is not a problem unique to DC/DCEU but it's one that's very recurring. For instance, In DC, there are the Snydra subset, and then there are the WB subset... and finally, the real fans.
If it was really very recurring, how is it that DCEU movies only have a handful of decently rated movies and fewer highly rated movies?

• A WB fan will not only hype DC but WB products in general. They are more likely to take WB side in a WB vs DC argument. One of such fans is very active in this thread.

• Then the Snydras. From what I've seen, you belong squarely in this subset. Your kind brigades anything that has Snyder on it, they unironically believe Snyder is the best thing to happen to DCEU. Ergo, it's easy to see how ZSJL could have such high RT audience score despite it being longish/boring and average.
If I seem to belong squarely to the Snydra subset, it's because man gets a lot of unfair criticism. Also does this Snydra fanbase only exist within DC? Why didn't they brigade Army of the Dead?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

I wonder why folks didn't extend the same courtesy to WW84, hmn? Wait, I know... it's because you're full of shit.grin grin

you're full of shiit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaycee7:
Lol! All the fanatics need to know is that it's an MCU property. All these unknown director and unknown lead star takes are irrelevant once you consider the production company. There's nothing preposterous about the idea of Shang Chi being brigaded.
Marvel Studios has consistently churn out high grossing movies that the casual movie goer has come to associate the brand as a synonym to quality entertainment. If Shang-Chi is getting brigaded, then the blame should lie squarely with the casuals, cuz obviously they are loving what they see. In my experience, you don't upvote what you don't like.

Kaycee7:

If it was really very recurring, how is it that DCEU movies only have a handful of decently rated movies and fewer highly rated movies?

In case you don't know this already, I'd like to point out that brigading is not exclusively an upvote thing, it's also a downvote thing. When a group of people that share a common interest converge to influence a vote negatively or positively, it's called brigading. Therefore, you're not asking the right question, You should be asking "What's the origin of the recurring brigading prevalent amongst DC fandom?" Long story short, the disharmony within the DCEU has divided fans into many subgroups, and often these subgroups fight each other. The poorly rated DCEU movies reflect the infighting going on within the DC fandom, and the disconnection between WB, DC, and fans.

Kaycee7:

If I seem to belong squarely to the Snydra subset, it's because man gets a lot of unfair criticism. Also does this Snydra fanbase only exist within DC? Why didn't they brigade Army of the Dead?

Army of the Dead was brigaded. It's one of Netflix' most popular film, isn't it? In fact it's so popular that it's getting a prequel no one asked for.

6 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Marvel Studios has consistently churn out high grossing movies that the casual movie goer has come to associate the brand as a synonym to quality entertainment. If Shang-Chi is getting brigaded, then the blame should lie squarely with the casuals, cuz obviously they are loving what they see. In my experience, you don't upvote what you don't like.
Then apparently, most people who watched ZSJL liked what they saw.

In case you don't know this already, I'd like to point out that brigading is not exclusively an upvote thing, it's also a downvote thing. When a group of people that share a common interest converge to influence a vote negatively or positively, it's called brigading. Therefore, you're not asking the right question, You should be asking "What's the origin of the recurring brigading prevalent amongst DC fandom?" Long story short, the disharmony within the DCEU has divided fans into many subgroups, and often these subgroups fight each other. The poorly rated DCEU movies reflect the infighting going on within the DC fandom, and the disconnection between WB, DC, and fans.
Well seems those days are behind us. From ZSJL to The Suicide Squad, great audience reception.

Army of the Dead was brigaded. It's one of Netflix' most popular film, isn't it? In fact it's so popular that it's getting a prequel no one asked for.
So Netflix brigaded the movie?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaycee7:
Then apparently, most people who watched ZSJL liked what they saw.

Nope, not the same thing.

Shang-Chi is a theatrical release, rated PG-13, thus accessible to a very broad audience. Meanwhile, ZSJL didn't have a theatrical release, rated R, thereby limiting it to a specific demographic. Apples and orange, chief. The former is easily accessible and crafted to appeal to casuals and families, while the later is more of a niche product. Logically, ZSJL should be more susceptible to brigading, because the majority of audience share a common interest, as opposed to the much more varied audience of Shang-Chi, no?

Kaycee7:

Well seems those days are behind us. From ZSJL to The Suicide Squad, great audience reception.
The dark days are far from over, but things have started to look up.

Kaycee7:

So Netflix brigaded the movie?
Nope, Snyder fans brigaded the movie.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Shang-Chi is a theatrical release, rated PG-13, thus accessible to a very broad audience. Meanwhile, ZSJL didn't have a theatrical release, rated R, thereby limiting it to a specific demographic. Apples and orange, chief. The former is easily accessible and crafted to appeal to casuals and families, while the later is more of a niche product. Logically, ZSJL should be more susceptible to brigading, because the majority of audience share a common interest, as opposed to the much more varied audience of Shang-Chi, no?

This guy grin
You dey like cap but I admire your workrate
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

This guy grin You dey like cap but I admire your workrate

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaycee7:

Hmmm....What do you think of Army of the dead..
When I reviewed the movie on the movies thread...I asked two questions... Nobody's answered them till now...I was expecting Purple or abduleez1 to explain to me because they both rated the movie highly...

I think Snyder fans like him more than his recent works...Army of the dead is proof of that....So in a way, one can say it was truly brigaded...(Snyder fans putting it to WB) grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
VerifiedStalin:

Is ZSJL's case really brigading? Or is it more a case of a movie being successful with its target audience? Can the Snydra fanbase really be accused of brigading if they were the majority that watched and rated the movie?

Boy, aren't we busy bees? From gaming audience polls to rigging streaming numbers? Funny how Netflix doesn't realize that and is making a prequel but you on the outside are privy to this information.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
AnfieldFan:

When I reviewed the movie on the movies thread...I asked two questions... Nobody's answered them till now...I was expecting Purple or abduleez1 to explain to me because they both rated the movie highly...

I think Snyder fans like him more than his recent works...Army of the dead is proof of that....So in a way, one can say it was truly brigaded...(Snyder fans putting it to WB) grin grin
I haven't seen it yet.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
AnfieldFan:

unpopular opinion: Army of the dead is better than Shang Chi

Ps: I'm not a Snyder bot
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
AnfieldFan:

When I reviewed the movie on the movies thread...I asked two questions... Nobody's answered them till now...I was expecting Purple or abdulee.z1 to explain to me because they both rated the movie highly...

Who be this one wey dey disturb me from where I dey rest. undecided undecided

Where is proof that I rated the movie highly? sad No go confuse me with another person.

I rated AOTD 6/10
And said it was kinda overrated. So I no know where you see my own review oo. Movie that I was critical of some of its loopholes. angry

But I did praise it's music score especially "Suspicious Minds".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

unpopular opinion: Army of the dead is better than Shang Chi

Ps: I'm not a Snyder bot

I haven't seen Shang Chi yet but I doubt...
I have mixed feelings about AOTD....
Good action...Good plot on paper...Abysmal plot execution and direction on screen...

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
abduleez1:

Who be this one wey dey disturb me from where I dey rest. undecided undecided

Where is proof that I rated the movie highly? sad No go confuse me with another person.

I rated AOTD 6/10
And said it was kinda overrated. So I no know where you see my own review oo. Movie that I was critical of some of its loopholes. angry

But I did praise it's music score especially "Suspicious Minds".

Hmmm... Most likely confused you with someone else....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Una too dey talk for here.. Just away from here not upto 5 days almost 5 pages don go
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaycee7:
I haven't seen it yet.

Ok... Nothing spectacular really..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I haven't seen Shang Chi yet but I doubt...
I have mixed feelings about AOTD....
Good action...Good plot on paper...Abysmal plot execution and direction on screen...

this is Shang Chi in a nutshell...

Only difference is the main actors are actually very likeable and charismatic unlike Simu and Akwafina
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Ok... Nothing spectacular really..
I'll be the judge of that. Thank you
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
pu7pl3:

this is Shang Chi in a nutshell...

Only difference is the main actors are actually very likeable and charismatic unlike Simu and Akwafina

You don't like Marvel...Your Marvel ratings don't count.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 1:39am On Sep 12, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.