Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,184 members, 7,860,255 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1255060 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Wonder Woman 1 and Aquaman are leagues above everything Snyder has put out in the DCEU...
Wonder woman 1 is not better than MOS, BVS or the ZSJL dfkm

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I think if Snyder's cut was theatrical.... Removing the excessive slow mo scenes and grand posing would have cut like an hour off....
More like 30 mins.
Whedon's being bad made Snyder's look great though it was basically the same..
Basically the same? Did you watch ZSJL or somebody told you about it?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kaycee7:
More like 30 mins.
Basically the same? Did you watch ZSJL or somebody told you about it?
Zack's movie was better because it had four hours to put a lot of things in contest..
Fundamentals remain the same ...You and I know this...
He added more slow mo scenes, cut Whedon's ineffective comedy(WB specifically requested for this), and changed Steppenwolf's armour..
You can say he gave Characters more soul and backstory e.g Cyborg, Flash e.t.c but it still points to my earlier point about having four hours to have a more cohesive and better story...He wouldn't have had that luxury if it was Cinema..
Implying Snyder's Justice league was groundbreaking just doesn't resonate with me....

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

Wonder woman 1 is not better than MOS, BVS or the ZSJL dfkm

Okkk grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

How did you watch the 2 movies and come to the conclusion that the core was the same?
how are they not bro? Take off darkside and tell me what exactly is different from the two movies at it's core
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Zack's movie was better because it had four hours to put a lot of things in contest..
Fundamentals remain the same ...You and I know this...
He added more slow mo scenes, cut Whedon's ineffective comedy(WB specifically requested for this), and changed Steppenwolf's armour..
You can say he gave Characters more soul and backstory e.g Cyborg, Flash e.t.c but it still points to my earlier point about having four hours to have a more cohesive and better story...He wouldn't have had that luxury if it was Cinema..
Implying Snyder's Justice league was groundbreaking just doesn't resonate with me....
The only fundamental that remains the same is the premise. Earth's heroes banding together to defend the earth against Steppenwolf. Plot is executed differently. Character motivations and development are different. Not to mention entire characters that weren't in the Whedon movie.

Who implied it was groundbreaking though?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
how are they not bro? Take off darkside and tell me what exactly is different from the two movies at it's core
Desaad, Cyborg's backstory, Steppenwolf's agenda, the entire freaking climax.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

they have been generally accepted but none has been as good...you would probably tell me it's your personal preference and that's okay...

none as been good? Like seriously? I guess it's ur personal preference.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kaycee7:
I dey try understand the bold statement abeg
are u saying u don't understand the core of a movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Na WA for Una oo. undecided

Na dey try....na this yeye argument na still dey since morning. I go sleep for 2 hrs wake up now, still seeing the same thing. undecided undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
are u saying u don't understand the core of a movie?
Wetin be "core" of a movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kaycee7:
Desaad, Cyborg's backstory, Steppenwolf's agenda, the entire freaking climax.
lol, Biko what exactly did Desaad add to that story that was really special? So cyborg back story totally change the story? Errrm steppenwolf's agenda was different from both films? Lol u guys are just funny.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
lol, Biko what exactly did Desaad add to that story that was really special? So cyborg back story totally change the story? Errrm steppenwolf's agenda was different from both films? Lol u guys are just funny.
You, bro, are the funny one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kaycee7:
Wetin be "core" of a movie?
bro whatever rocks ur boat
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kaycee7:
You, bro, are the funny one.
if u say so.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
Cyborg had more story and Stepphenwolf’s motive was different in ZSJL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
A comic book soo dope it has a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4FQM1_bs4

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:

didn't you see the villain's motives became more cohesive and logical while also giving him more personality?
Didn't you see the different Flash? ZSJL made him more cool and important
Don't get me started on Cyborg and his dad
Even Lois Lane?
Even the Darkseid added more depth and it made people clamour for a 2nd instalment

Unless you didn't watch the two movies

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
none as been good? Like seriously? I guess it's ur personal preference.

there is no post Snyder DCEU movie that has been as good as MOS guy
Leave all these plenty talks

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
ZSJL doesn't deserve all this disrespect, the movie was great and miles ahead of Josstice league

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I'm not DC vs Marvel....I like good films....AOTD was an average movie.....Has nothing to do with Snyder....
I didn't say you were a marvel fan, AOTD is a good movie, not 9/10 good but still a good movie nonetheless.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

there is no post Snyder DCEU movie that has been as good as MOS guy
Leave all these plenty talks
pls always put IMO. I will take Aquaman and WW over MOS might even take Shazam and SS over it self, just bcus u like MOS doesn't mean everyone else shud.

MOS is a masterpiece to u, but am sorry it's not to me. Turn off for me is a brooding superman, u can say he was trying to potray what it is like for superman to exist in a real world, but baba it's a comic book movie with established materia he doesn't have to over think it, but no Snyder must always do.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

didn't you see the villain's motives became more cohesive and logical while also giving him more personality?
Didn't you see the different Flash? ZSJL made him more cool and important
Don't get me started on Cyborg and his dad
Even Lois Lane?
Even the Darkseid added more depth and it made people clamour for a 2nd instalment

Unless you didn't watch the two movies
lol baba, did I ever say it wasn't a better movie? I said the core AKA the plot was practically the same thing, just better character development and more screeen time for some character. Trim down that ZSJL to 2hrs and tell me if u will still get all those character indepth u did in the 4hrs. Don't worry next year is coming we will see what other directors will do then it will be clear to everybody
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
pls always put IMO. I will take Aquaman and WW over MOS might even take Shazam and SS over it self, just bcus u like MOS doesn't mean everyone else shud.

MOS is a masterpiece to u, but am sorry it's not to me. Turn off for me is a brooding superman, u can say he was trying to potray what it is like for superman to exist in a real world, but baba it's a comic book movie with established materia he doesn't have to over think it, but no Snyder must always do.

MOS was a work of art, if you can't see it, check yourself...and I said post Snyder DCEU so I was referring to BOP, Shazam and TSS that you say was "generally accepted"

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
lol baba, did I ever say it wasn't a better movie? I said the core AKA the plot was practically the same thing, just better character development and more screeen time for some character. Trim down that ZSJL to 2hrs and tell me if u will still get all those character indepth u did in the 4hrs. Don't worry next year is coming we will see what other directors will do then it will be clear to everybody

This "core" you keep talking about...seems like you don't know what core means

How can you admit there was more character development and a more cohesive plot but still say the core was the same
And ZSJL would have been 3hrs if it was released theatrically because only 3 characters in the movie had previous projects and the rest would still need to be explained, WB rushed it cos they wanted to cash out immediately and you guys are blaming Snyder for it...is it hard to admit that the man is a genius for even making something like that despite all the odds stacked against him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Cyborg had more story and Stepphenwolf’s motive was different in ZSJL.
cyborg had more story, why wont he it was F..ing 4hrs, alot of those stuff we saw won't have made it to a 2hrs cut if he was mandated to, so let's not kid ourself. Stepphenwolf motive was different how? It still revolve around gathering the mother box lol to impress darkside lol abegi jare don't make me laugh hard tonight. I have it on my TV will manage and rewatch it again leme look for what u guys are seeing there for u to say it's so special.

Am not a marvel fan but the infinity wars was just an amazing and we'll thought out movie.

For the record ZSJL didn't make me eager for a part two.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

This "core" you keep talking about...seems like you don't know what core means

How can you admit there was more character development and a more cohesive plot but still say the core was the same
And ZSJL would have been 3hrs if it was released theatrically because only 3 characters in the movie had previous projects and the rest would still need to be explained, WB rushed it cos they wanted to cash out immediately and you guys are blaming Snyder for it...is it hard to admit that the man is a genius for even making something like that despite all the odds stacked against him?
lol correct genius, so leme ask will two director with same script direct a movie the same way? So bcus one director has a better character development and the other doesn't with the same script doesn't that mean the main plot of the script is different? Baba the core of the both justice league revolved around

1 bringing superman back to life
2 Stepphenwolf gathering the mother box
3 and the justice league stopping him,
Or was there any other major thing aside darkside trying to enter earth which was in Zack version? Biko enlighten me abeg

Both directors just went at it a little differently
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
cyborg had more story, why wont he it was F..ing 4hrs, alot of those stuff we saw won't have made it to a 2hrs cut if he was mandated to, so let's not kid ourself. Stepphenwolf motive was different how? It still revolve around gathering the mother box lol to impress darkside lol abegi jare don't make me laugh hard tonight. I have it on my TV will manage and rewatch it again leme look for what u guys are seeing there for u to say it's so special.

Am not a marvel fan but the infinity wars was just an amazing and we'll thought out movie.

For the record ZSJL didn't make me eager for a part two.

was the Infinity War not 5hrs+? how do you expect a movie of such magnitude to fit into 2hrs Is it magic?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:
A comic book soo dope it has a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4FQM1_bs4

Seen it few days ago. It's good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Skseries:
lol correct genius, so leme ask will two director with same script direct a script the same way?

[img]https://c./nLWeHUhYIXIAAAAM/obama-what.gif[/img]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

MOS was a work of art, if you can't see it, check yourself...and I said post Snyder DCEU so I was referring to BOP, Shazam and TSS that you say was "generally accepted"
MOS wasn't a master piece if u cant see it check urself.

U ever wonder why the generally movie goers never liked it? As complex as Nolan movies are it's generally accepted as master piece And those are even original unlike a movie that already have source materials.

So if a small chunk of the population sees it as a master piece and the major population doesn't then I don't get ur argument, cus it's not like it's me that told them all not to like it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
pu7pl3:

[img]https://c./nLWeHUhYIXIAAAAM/obama-what.gif[/img]
This is exactly the same way u were blabbing yrs back when I said the best and only way forward for the dceu was using flash and a flash point to reboot, but u went on and on abt how dumb I was, lol fast forward now DC is doing the exact thing and when I called u out what was ur excuse? Lol bro don't worry I will call this discussion back again especially when the flash movies comes out. Till then enjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.