Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1236792 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
Minemrys:

I tell you. The Batman related content is just too much. What's the need for a penguin series when there's a gcpd series in the air? Batwoman, Batgirl, the Batman, pennyworth, the flash, gcpd, penguin, what am I missing? Yea, Joker. Sha,na their business. Na only 2 I go watch, the flash and pennyworth. I still haven't seen Gotham till now and I don't plan to.
They need OC for their streaming service, Batman is a bankable character. That’s the only reason I can think of as to why we are getting these shows.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
They need OC for their streaming service, Batman is a bankable character. That’s the only reason I can think of as to why we are getting these shows.
Bankable, yes... but what about other characters with Rich potential? What about the Intergangs, the checkmate, plastic man, etc that attract interest? It's ridiculous having Batman stuff all coming out in a year and the next consecutively. Too much of everything makes it less special.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Minemrys:

Bankable, yes... but what about other characters with Rich potential? What about the Intergangs, the checkmate, plastic man, etc that attract interest? It's ridiculous having Batman stuff all coming out in a year and the next consecutively. Too much of everything makes it less special.
When WB announced Peacemaker and Blue Beetle, a lot of people whined about it, even here on Nairaland, talmbout no one asking for it. What I think they are trying to do is balance shows with entirely unused characters with shows surrounding Batman, in that way, they won’t make a total loss.

If they count people tired of Batman content, I’d definitely be among them, but, it is what it is. And Fvck WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
When WB announced Peacemaker and Blue Beetle, a lot of people whined about it, even here on Nairaland, talmbout no one asking for it. What I think they are trying to do is balance shows with entirely unused characters with shows surrounding Batman, in that way, they won’t make a total loss.

If they count people tired of Batman content, I’d definitely be among them, but, it is what it is. And Fvck WB.
What I am saying is, they need to limit it. For godsake pennyworth and batwoman is on. There's a Batman film and flash film featuring 2 batmen coming out in the space of a year. Cartoons etc, it's too much. Let one finish so when the other comes, it will be fresh. I even forget about Titans which is literally another Batman series. WB are overdoing it, and it will get to a time when people get so used to Batman that the world of Batman becomes nothing special.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Peppul: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Guys am trying to rewatch a classic cartoon. I can't describe it very well. But pple staying in Lagos should know. It's around 1998 upward then they stopped it.
It's a cartoon but matured and kinda cool and calm more like a family cartoon, but I remember that each episode they will show the artist drawing the cartoon. With a pencil to show another episode. They usually show it on I think channel or Ait then. It's a classic cartoon. They do show it during the time of rug rat and bikers rat on Cadbury breakfast show every Saturday.
Does anyone knows the title.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
Minemrys:

What I am saying is, they need to limit it. For godsake pennyworth and batwoman is on. There's a Batman film and flash film featuring 2 batmen coming out in the space of a year. Cartoons etc, it's too much. Let one finish so when the other comes, it will be fresh. I even forget about Titans which is literally another Batman series. WB are overdoing it, and it will get to a time when people get so used to Batman that the world of Batman becomes nothing special.
Let’s hope WB hear, they have a lot of content but keep sticking to one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Peppul:
Guys am trying to rewatch a classic cartoon. I can't describe it very well. But pple staying in Lagos should know. It's around 1998 upward then they stopped it.
It's a cartoon but matured and kinda cool and calm more like a family cartoon, but I remember that each episode they will show the artist drawing the cartoon. With a pencil to show another episode. They usually show it on I think channel or Ait then. It's a classic cartoon. They do show it during the time of rug rat and bikers rat on Cadbury breakfast show every Saturday.
Does anyone knows the title.
Can you provide more info about it, I know the rest you’ve mentioned but not the one you’re looking for. Check out this thread may be you’d find it there or mention the author of the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4354352/50-cartoons-shown-nigerian-television
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:57am On Nov 06, 2021
Nickshrapnel:

You dey mind dem.

When The Trench, Zatanna, Static Shock etc was announced see complains and whining everywhere. Claiming nO OnE aSKeD fOr thIS.

Now they're feeding us with what tHe mAJoRItY asked for.
I'm sure as hell tired of too much Batman content. angry Bankable or not, that's why I'm very excited of the new projects and deviations. Anyways so far the new Batsy universe is sensible and coherently written not much issues.
If it's Titans kinda shît, then we protest. angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by billyboy(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2021
My rendition of The flash.....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2021
Looks promising....

Dr Fate pls

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2021
billyboy:
My rendition of The flash.....
You drew this? Wow.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2021
This would be God tier if produced along with The Phantom Stranger.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2021
abduleez1:
Looks promising....

Dr Fate pls
Instead of a penguin series, why not Dr. Fate mini series of 8 episodes...a hawkman series and so on before a justice society film. WB dey eff up atimes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2021
abduleez1:

I still maintain it was a mistake cancelling swamp thing. With the way the series was built, it could have featured in the dceu and easily led to a justice league dark.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by billyboy(m): 10:50am On Nov 06, 2021
Minemrys:

You drew this? Wow. Yup. I draw 2d and afro manga art.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2021
Minemrys:

Instead of a penguin series, why not Dr. Fate mini series of 8 episodes...a hawkman series and so on before a justice society film. WB dey eff up atimes.
I no understand.

But somehow I think there's gonna be something like this you suggested. Whether it's film or series, I can't say. HBOMax existence is making it possible for these projects. All I'm asking for is some continuity and connection.

They're using Batman to bait subscribers sha. I understand that. But projects like these gonna come.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2021
Minemrys:

I still maintain it was a mistake cancelling swamp thing. With the way the series was built, it could have featured in the dceu and easily led to a justice league dark.

I swear. That show cancellation still dey pain me till this day. angry The quality and the CGI was God tier. The practical effects was lit. You could compare it with a big budget theatrical release.

Alas, the budget of the series was beyond them at the time. $80mn. sad I don't know why HBOMax isn't saying anything about it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
[quote author=billyboy post=107375345][/quote]
What app are you using?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
abduleez1:

I no understand.

But somehow I think there's gonna be something like this you suggested. Whether it's film or series, I can't say. HBOMax existence is making it possible for these projects. All I'm asking for is some continuity and connection.

They're using Batman to bait subscribers sha. I understand that. But projects like these gonna come.
To me ba, I think it's bad and cliche marketing enticing audience with Batman products. Am not saying they shouldn't do Batman but they shouldn't be doing 4 at once. Cancel the batwoman show since Batgirl is happening. No need for penguin if there's a gcpd series.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
For an MCU director, Chloe Zhao really sound like a DC fan everytime she talks.
They mentioned Batman and Superman in her movie and there's are reviews accusing Eternals of trying to feel like and copy DC films and now this

Kevin Feige go soon use cane pursue am comot

Na DC films this woman dey like watch

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
BlackManta:
They mentioned Batman and Superman in her movie and there's are reviews accusing Eternals of trying to feel like and copy DC films and now this

I said this same thing when the first trailer dropped but they said I was trolling
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
BlackManta:
The show will go through events that take place before and after The Batman movie, focusing on The Penguin's rise to power as Gotham's biggest crime boss.�

Colin Ferrell will likely play young Penguin.
All WB has to do is take off his makeup and prosthetics and he's good to go
didn't we get this story in Gotham?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheHulk616: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
BlackManta:

this is part of the reason the movie is flopping.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Minemrys:

Lol....Why should they limit it? One thing you have to know is that Batman and Spiderman are the biggest draw in the comic book world. This is all business.

Look at how disney is milking out starwars. This year alone, we have about 3 star wars animated series and Book of bobba fett coming out in December. The reason mandolarian didn't come out this year is because most coys/streamers are keeping their biggest draws for next year.

Marvel under sony is milking spiderman dry. They have several spin-offs and even created a spiderverse/venomverse around spiderman.

WB is doing the right thing for business and that is make more beloved content.

Take a look at Titans, despite all the hate, it is still the most beloved DC show. Followed by Harley Quinn (another batman spin-off).

So, it is rational for them to make what people want and willing to pay for
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nickshrapnel:

abduleez1:

You dey mind dem.

When The Trench, Zatanna, Static Shock etc was announced see complains and whining everywhere. Claiming nO OnE aSKeD fOr thIS.

Now they're feeding us with what tHe mAJoRItY asked for.
I'm sure as hell tired of too much Batman content. angry Bankable or not, that's why I'm very excited of the new projects and deviations. Anyways so far the new Batsy universe is sensible and coherently written not much issues.
If it's Titans kinda shît, then we protest. angry

Exactly. One thing i have come to realize in the DC world, is that a lot of fans just love to complain.

The same people who said that no one asked for Trench are the ones complaining that it was shelved.

The announced static shock and Blue bettle and they complained that no one asked for it. Then it was moved to HBOmax and they started complaining that the movies should be exclusively to theaters( not minding that HBOmax needs DC content too).

My conclusion is that some section of the fandom just like to complain no matter what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
abduleez1:

A Dr Fate movie will be great, then Spectre and PS
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Lol....Why should they limit it? One thing you have to know is that Batman and Spiderman are the biggest draw in the comic book world. This is all business.

Look at how disney is milking out starwars. This year alone, we have about 3 star wars animated series and Book of bobba fett coming out in December. The reason mandolarian didn't come out this year is because most coys/streamers are keeping their biggest draws for next year.

Marvel under sony is milking spiderman dry. They have several spin-offs and even created a spiderverse/venomverse around spiderman.

WB is doing the right thing for business and that is make more beloved content.

Take a look at Titans, despite all the hate, it is still the most beloved DC show. Followed by Harley Quinn (another batman spin-off).

So, it is rational for them to make what people want and willing to pay for
Baba, even if na business, I don't see Sony dishing out Spiderman contents in multiple forms yearly and on all platforms and adding to it again. It's bad business. Redundancy is bad business. You don't keep selling repeated goods to consumers just cause it's easy money. WB has done this since 1950s, any wonder how marvel became an instant hit? Ever wondered why sony Spiderman went on the decline till Disney came in to retweak it by adding it to a cinematic universe? Am not saying, don't do Batman, but you can't have his world in virtually all platforms in many numbers in the same year continuously. Cause say fried rice and chicken dey sell no mean say na every time we want chop am.
Trust me, with the way it is going, there will be a time Batman will stop selling. As for star wars, don't you see how divided the audience is becoming? Let Disney try releasing it now next to a blockbuster, let's see something. Business is a risk, staying the easy route, though safe, halts progression.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by billyboy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Minemrys:

What app are you using?
clip studio paint
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Hmm dunno, it depends on the writing and direction. But Dr Fate is more appealing since he's a Superhero.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

I think I saw posted that a Hawkman series may be announced

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stargirl season 2 finale was dope guys...the crock have even returned grin and there is a new villain with season 3 confirmed for next year

I can't wait...

Now it's time for me to enter Superman and Lois and doom Patrol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
pu7pl3:
Stargirl season 2 finale was dope guys...the crock have even returned grin and there is a new villain with season 3 confirmed for next year

I can't wait...

Now it's time for me to enter Superman and Lois and doom Patrol
Season 3 cast looking stacked sha. It will either be really good or disappointing. Managing large casts is always tricky.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.