Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,040 members, 7,825,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241619 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

This is what is irritating me these days with Hollywood. No more creativity again. It's the easy route. Back in the 80s and 90s heck early 2000s we had originality in films, now it's either reboots, remakes, unnecessary sequels, all with political agenda. Thank God we still got people like Nolan and fincher.

Omo, no be only you e tire oo. Next na gender swapping. And now LGBTQ+ inclusion.

How the honest fvvk am I to see Constantine as a Black Man? angry sad.
It's even very easy to picture Superman black than the Hellblazer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

They'll just screw everyone over with Zatanna casting. Na unknown Una go see.

Either Ana or Eiza Gonzalez.
After watching James Bond, Ana fits that role perfectly. She has this innocence and femme fatale look about her all at once. Plus her being Latina fits the narrative. Is she Spanish or Mexican?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

I could care less who he played as long as he gets a job, lol. Doom patrol really helped him.

DP truly revived his character. I'm so happy for him. The joy that him voice they give me ehn. Especially when Cliff Steel shouts fvvk. grin

I might now go check that old GQ article about why he was somewhat blacklisted by Hollywood. Cos dude said someone touched his as$. Na from there powers that be vex oo.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Omo, no be only you e tire oo. Next na gender swapping. And now LGBTQ+ inclusion.

How the honest fvvk am I to see Constantine as a Black Man? angry sad.
It's even very easy to picture Superman black than the Hellblazer.
They should just bring back Keanu Reeves. He would be good. But he can't do a British accent.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

After watching James Bond, Ana fits that role perfectly. She has this innocence and femme fatale look about her all at once. Plus her being Latina fits the narrative. Is she Spanish or Mexican?

Ehm, I think she's Mexican, but moved to Spain in her early years. Still the same, Spanish, Mexican, Latina....na same language them dey speak.

I ain't watched No Time To Die yet... Downloaded but yet to. I know I'll need like 4hrs+ to fully watch that movie and I wanna watch it at a go without pause.
I don't need distractions but work and chores never free me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

DP truly revived his character. I'm so happy for him. The joy that him voice they give me ehn. Especially when Cliff Steel shouts fvvk. grin

I might now go check that old GQ article about why he was somewhat blacklisted by Hollywood. Cos dude said someone touched his as$. Na from there powers that be vex oo.
Yea, I heard he was bullied or something like that. Na him make me dey watch DP during the boring filler episodes then na. But thank God, the show corrected itself. Am happy with Rita's character progression now and the ending.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Ehm, I think she's Mexican, but moved to Spain in her early years. Still the same, Spanish, Mexican, Latina....na same language them dey speak.

I ain't watched No Time To Die yet... Downloaded but yet to. I know I'll need like 4hrs+ to fully watch that movie and I wanna watch it at a go without pause.
Lol, I envy you wey get work to do. I think the Mexican Spanish is a bit different from the real Spanish. Lots of dialect differences and way of speaking, Sha maybe it's just me that's learning it new.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

She’s from Cuba.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

They should just bring back Keanu Reeves. He would be good. But he can't do a British accent.

Dunno about Keanu. We need new actor tho. Not a superstar. Matt Ryan woulda been perfect but DC love to separate actors from different projects.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
She’s from Cuba.
I see.
Have you seen one of her Latina movies? Where she showed the good lord, all her bequeathed Endowments. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

Lol, I envy you wey get work to do. I think the Mexican Spanish is a bit different from the real Spanish. Lots of dialect differences and way of speaking, Sha maybe it's just me that's learning it new.

Nick rightly corrected that she's Cuban.

I think the language I mainly the same. There might just be minute dialect change mostly for slangs and locality. But true and true it's the same.

More like Yoruba language, Ijebu, Egba and the likes.

Anyone heard of Brazil adopting Yoruba as an official language? grin To be taught and studied in schools. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
TheKingIsHere:
"Henry Cavill talks about the Multiverse & multiple Superman's existing at once.
# Superman"

I always had a huge feeling that Henry Cavill will be back as Superman.

*Fingers crossed

Mtchew.
This just shows lack of focus
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

Lol, I envy you wey get work to do.

Lol, Bros no envy me oo.

Me I dey pray and hope for when I'll stop working sef. I don taya like dis. I no wan work again. grin

I miss the good ol' days when I'll just use 8hrs+ watch film in a day or more. No think or reason anything else. If person try am now, na hunger him dey use play with, with this Buhari regime. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

Yea, I heard he was bullied or something like that. Na him make me dey watch DP during the boring filler episodes then na. But thank God, the show corrected itself. Am happy with Rita's character progression now and the ending.

Robotman will always be the BEST!! Then Crazy Jane. cheesy
The way the weyrey dey shout fvvk repeatedly especially that episode for season 1 wey the whole town disappear inside donkey yansh. grin na since that day I love am. grin

Rita character somehow dey annoy me this season. I still dey episode 9 sha.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
These actors were perfect.

I don't understand the need to always have new actors for new shows. angry
Except they are portraying different years of their life.
Since they are Dead and are ghosts sef, I see no sense behind this. Ppl familiar with the Xters can expatiate.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

I see.
Have you seen one of her Latina movies? Where she showed the good lord, all her bequeathed Endowments. grin

cheesy I’ve only seen her in Knives out and No time to die
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Dunno about Keanu. We need new actor tho. Not a superstar. Matt Ryan woulda been perfect but DC love to separate actors from different projects.

I kinda wanted a box office attraction you know.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Nick rightly corrected that she's Cuban.

I think the language I mainly the same. There might just be minute dialect change mostly for slangs and locality. But true and true it's the same.

More like Yoruba language, Ijebu, Egba and the likes.

Anyone heard of Brazil adopting Yoruba as an official language? grin To be taught and studied in schools. grin
For real? What happened to the Portuguese they were speaking?
Cuban, wow. It never really crossed my mind. Thought she was Spanish or Mexican.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Lol, Bros no envy me oo.

Me I dey pray and hope for when I'll stop working sef. I don taya like dis. I no wan work again. grin

I miss the good ol' days when I'll just use 8hrs+ watch film in a day or more. No think or reason anything else. If person try am now, na hunger him dey use play with, with this Buhari regime. grin

Lol, if I see something wey go keep me busy ehn, I go happy. Kudos to you, man.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Robotman will always be the BEST!! Then Crazy Jane. cheesy
The way the weyrey dey shout fvvk repeatedly especially that episode for season 1 wey the whole town disappear inside donkey yansh. grin na since that day I love am. grin

Rita character somehow dey annoy me this season. I still dey episode 9 sha.
Lol, that pilot episode was a draw for me. The show then went slow after me. Nobody left. Poor choice of villains so far in candle maker and the brotherhood or madame rouge.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
cheesy I’ve only seen her in Knives out and No time to die

She was also in Blade runner 2049.... The naked humanoid software Gosling was attracted to. grin

Mehn, that her first movie Una de Rosa.... Chai.... All the goodies on display. See titties and portable yansh. cheesy
Na Xvid I check am sha. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:
These actors were perfect.

I don't understand the need to always have new actors for new shows. angry
Except they are portraying different years of their life.
Since they are Dead and are ghosts sef, I see no sense behind this. Ppl familiar with the Xters can expatiate.
To differentiate them.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

For real? What happened to the Portuguese they were speaking?
Cuban, wow. It never really crossed my mind. Thought she was Spanish or Mexican.

Dunno... I think it's a way to embrace their African roots and culture.
Also, since Brazil is a cultural diverse nation, it's sensible adopting black culture too not only the white man colonists language.

I forgot she was Cuban, but I knew she moved to Spain. She's really good. E go pain me if marvel first grab her oo with all the campaign and begging we've been doing for WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

To differentiate them.

It's too much jare. DC should start characters convergence now.

Oh well, there's multiple Superman, Batman, Flash etc......
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Minemrys:

I kinda wanted a box office attraction you know.
Let's wait and see.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
abduleez1:

Dunno... I think it's a way to embrace their African roots and culture.
Also, since Brazil is a cultural diverse nation, it's sensible adopting black culture too not only the white man colonists language.

I forgot she was Cuban, but I knew she moved to Spain. She's really good. E go pain me if marvel first grab her oo with all the campaign and begging we've been doing for WB.
In Brazil, they share the same food and religion with Yoruba people of west Africa just with a slightly different name, even Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
In Brazil, they share the same food and religion with Yoruba people of west Africa just with a slightly different name, even Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic
Yep.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
hehehe black Clark Kent, black John Constantine

black Bruce Wayne? grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
100naira:
hehehe black Clark Kent, black John Constantine

black Bruce Wayne? grin grin
Fasten your seatbelts, we are in the age of inclusion grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Fasten your seatbelts, we are in the age of inclusion grin
Yuck....no be this alternate shït universe I see a day ago. undecided

Ohh, I forgot. We have Batsy and Supes gay couple already. Midnighter and Apollo. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AKWAPROPHET: 2:17am On Nov 16, 2021
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
For real? Like all Brazilians or just a fraction? Puerto Rico and Dominican republic I think go with the Spanish culture or am I wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.