Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1243278 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
ParisArentGerman:
I like Depp, but he shouldn't be portrayed as a hero. I'm not sure if anyone was listening to yesterday's trial, but Depp was continuously high or intoxicated, pledging to become clean after each fuckup, only to return to doing the same thing days later. It's great that he's apparently sober now, but he wasn't always a good guy.

Lol... not defending drug abuse but your point is off. No one is calling him a hero or saint. He isn't standing trial for drugs
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ParisArentGerman(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Minemrys:

Lol... not defending drug abuse but your point is off. No one is calling him a hero or saint. He isn't standing trial for drugs

I literally posted a screenshot of an article by a journo clearly hero-worshipping Depp, and if you go on Twitter, you'll find a slew of Depp fans shilling for him in such a way that you'd think he's some saint. Everyone who follows the trial as closely as I do can see that Depp and Amber were equally toxic to one another in that relationship; it was never a case of Depp abusing Amber alone, but rather a case of both abusing one another.

As a result, I try to point out the article's inaccuracy in portraying Depp as a saint when he wasn't. Ergo, you calling my point "off" is puzzling to say the least. To be frank, it makes me doubt your mental stability.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ParisArentGerman(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
Not a fan of John Xina, but I like Peacemaker, so...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by gameboy727(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
ParisArentGerman:

I literally posted a screenshot of an article by a journo clearly hero-worshipping Depp, and if you go on Twitter, you'll find a slew of Depp fans shilling for him in such a way that you'd think he's some saint. Everyone who follows the trial as closely as I do can see that Depp and Amber were equally toxic to one another in that relationship; it was never a case of Depp abusing Amber alone, but rather a case of both abusing one another.

As a result, I try to point out the article's inaccuracy in portraying Depp as a saint when he wasn't. Ergo, you calling my point "off" is puzzling to say the least. To be frank, it makes me doubt your mental stability.

In what way did Depp abuse Amber? Is there any evidence he physically abused her?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
gameboy727:

In what way did Depp abuse Amber? Is there any evidence he physically abused her?

Go to Twitter, search for Van (Der Woodsen), pour yourself a healthy glass of chilled beer, and enjoy the scoop.

Depp and Amber had a tumultuous relationship, and neither of them was a saint.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by gameboy727(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Go to Twitter, search for Van (Der Woodsen), pour yourself a healthy glass of chilled beer, and enjoy the scoop.

Depp and Amber had a tumultuous relationship, and neither of them was a saint.

Other witnesses on that same flight said Johnny never kicked Amber.

Anyway, I will check it out.

I do follow the Depp vs Amber heard trial on twitter too. Seems more people are siding with Depp even though the dude had a terrible addiction to drugs.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
gameboy727:

Other witnesses on that same flight said Johnny never kicked Amber.

Anyway, I will check it out.

I do follow the Depp vs Amber heard trial on twitter too. Seems more people are siding with Depp even though the dude had a terrible addiction to drugs.

I'm no fan of Amber Heard, but the text messages make it clear that his alcohol and drug abuse made him very unpleasant.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I'm no fan of Amber Heard, but the text messages make it clear that his alcohol and drug abuse made him very unpleasant.

From people who know Depp, Depp was/is docile who would kinda acquiesce to Heard sometimes to avoid confrontation...
How easy would it be for Heard to tell him he kicked her when high(manipulative) and get Depp to apologise because he can't remember or because he didn't want to make that turn into another fight....
Keenan Wyatt , who was also on that plane testified under oath that he didn't see him kick her....
Also, something to note, Depp as admitted by himself and close friends has built up a ridiculous tolerance for Alcohol and certain substances, where it might be a bit difficult to tell the difference between him being high and sober....

Now, I'm not holding brief for Depp but for someone who's been addicted to opiates for so long, don't you think if he was a violent drunk, someone would have called him out on it especially during the height of the MeToo era, rather, it's Amber who's been called out more times than I can recall by exes and assistants...Did Depp say some curious things, YES, does that mean he abused Heard,No...

The trial would most likely end up with Depp losing, winning these kind of trials are incredibly difficult but there's nothing that depicts Amber as a victim....
The person you posted on Twitter could be an Amber Shill...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

From people who know Depp, Depp was/is docile who would kinda acquiesce to Heard sometimes to avoid confrontation...
How easy would it be for Heard to tell him he kicked her when high(manipulative) and get Depp to apologise because he can't remember or because he didn't want to make that turn into another fight....
Keenan Wyatt , who was also on that plane testified under oath that he didn't see him kick her....
Also, something to note, Depp as admitted by himself and close friends has built up a ridiculous tolerance for Alcohol and certain substances, where it might be a bit difficult to tell the difference between him being high and sober....

Now, I'm not holding brief for Depp but for someone who's been addicted to opiates for so long, don't you think if he was a violent drunk, someone would have called him out on it especially during the height of the MeToo era, rather, it's Amber who's been called out more times than I can recall by exes and assistants...Did Depp say some curious things, YES, does that mean he abused Heard,No...

The trial would most likely end up with Depp losing, winning these kind of trials are incredibly difficult but there's nothing that depicts Amber as a victim....

According to their therapists, Depp was initially violent, but later, Heard took over and instigated most fights, while Depp was the one who try to de-escalate.

Here's my short and honest opinion:

Depp is(was) an emotionally immature junkie who readily returned to childish habits and impulses, and Heard has Borderline Personality Disorder. These folks (like many in the entertainment industry) are malignant narcissists on a level that most of us can't fathom. They were both awful people, it's really that simple.

I want Depp to win, because of how he was treated unfairly by the media and the MeToo movement, but let's not pretend that he's innocent in all of this. After all, it takes two people to tangle.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

According to their therapists, Depp was initially violent, but later, Heard took over and instigated most fights, while Depp was the one who try to de-escalate.

Here's my short and honest opinion:

Depp is an emotionally immature junkie who readily returned to childish habits and impulses, and Heard has Borderline Personality Disorder. These folks (like many in the entertainment industry) are malignant narcissists on a level that most of us can't fathom. They were both awful people, it's really that simple.

I want Depp to win, because of how he was treated unfairly by the media and the MeToo movement, but let's not pretend that he's innocent in all of this. After all, it takes two people to tangle.

Did their therapists take the stand?
How do you define violent, banging doors when frustrated , banging wardrobes, there hasn't been any actual evidence corroborated by a witness which places Depp as physically abusing Amber, everything has been hearsay. The airplane incident has been debunked, when her attorney brought it up during Keenan's cross, there was an objection on the grounds of hearsay and the judge sustained.. There's a reason even high profile stars like Sia can boldly say they stand with Depp, it's very difficult for a woman of such standing to publicly tweet her support for Depp..

Depp has been in the industry for years, merely being a big Hollywood star doesn't make him a narcissist, Depp has literally had unknown people (painters, artists,) live in his penthouses for free and given them freehand to paint and just make art...
Infact, a narrative that had begun even amongst Amber's friends long before this became a public debacle was Depp was too nice which resulted in him being taken advantage of by many people (Amber chief culprit), his financial advisors inclusive... Being high a lot of the time certainly helped...

Your statement about needing two to tango is devoid of empathy in this situation, it reads like you're saying, Amber can't be an abuser because Depp would also need to be an abuser for her to be one in the first place....

Depp would most likely lose this case, but the narrative being propagated by some Amber shills that he was an equal participant in abusing Amber is simply malicious and an attempt to paint Amber as some sort of Victim...

They should talk to her ex and former assistants grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Meanwhile, Tyson just schooled Whyte...Man wanted a quick cash out and he's got it... grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Did their therapists take the stand?
How do you define violent, banging doors when frustrated , banging wardrobes, there hasn't been any actual evidence corroborated by a witness which places Depp as physically abusing Amber, everything has been hearsay. The airplane incident has been debunked, when her attorney brought it up during Keenan's cross, there was an objection on the grounds of hearsay and the judge sustained.. There's a reason even high profile stars like Sia can boldly say they stand with Depp, it's very difficult for a woman of such standing to publicly tweet her support for Depp..

Depp has been in the industry for years, merely being a big Hollywood star doesn't make him a narcissist, Depp has literally had unknown people (painters, artists,) live in his penthouses for free and given them freehand to paint and just make art...
Infact, a narrative that had begun even amongst Amber's friends long before this became a public debacle was Depp was too nice which resulted in him being taken advantage of by many people (Amber chief culprit), his financial advisors inclusive... Being high a lot of the time certainly helped...

Your statement about needing two to tango is devoid of empathy in this situation, it reads like you're saying, Amber can't be an abuser because Depp would also need to be an abuser for her to be one in the first place....

Depp would most likely lose this case, but the narrative being propagated by some Amber shills that he was an equal participant in abusing Amber is simply malicious and an attempt to paint Amber as some sort of Victim...

They should talk to her ex and former assistants grin grin

DeppBot on the beat. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

DeppBot on the beat. grin grin

And I thought you were better than this!! cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
AnfieldFan:

And I thought you were better than this!! cool
You're a Bot because you can't be reasoned with.

You still believe Depp is a saint in that relationship despite all the evidence to the contrary, while neutral onlookers like myself are labelled Amber shills for daring to have an honest opinion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Episode 19 ★⋆

They have been incorporating so much stuff this season, and for the most part it has been meh... But this is by far the best Episode ever... Episode was literally a continuation the Green lantern animated Series.. Epic stuff.., with the same voice actors

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
Razer upgraded to some OP Status ⚡

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2022
He may jus get a green ring too undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
Friendly reminder of more Batman to come... grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Here's the thing, none of them is going to win. They're not free from blemish. And the case is about defamation. There's no prove of domestic violence. They're just washing their laundries in the village square. Heard though has lost her stance in Hollywood.
I don't think Depp wants to win. He just wants to punish Heard like she did him. After all is over and the court declares there's no account of violence, Depp will build his career back slowly while Heard falls down.
Do you know how many women are siding with Depp, celebrities I mean, JK Rowling, Angelina Jolie etc. The whole court thing is a publicity for Depp. Heard made a mistake going after that man.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 10thDentist: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2022

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:38am On Apr 25, 2022
undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2022
Some cameos??

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2022
CinemaCon on Tuesday.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Looks like Blue Beetle started filming....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Uptownerd: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kushercain: 6:54am On Apr 26, 2022
I watched the Batman for the 3rd time last night. And seeing as I was very vocal against casting Pattinson. I need to say I'm super glad he proved me wrong. What a performance! His bruce is one of my best if not my best.
Cc: All, how about a ranking of your best Bruce and best Bat?

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 11:12am On Apr 26, 2022
kushercain:
I watched the Batman for the 3rd time last night. And seeing as I was very vocal against casting Pattinson. I need to say I'm super glad he proved me wrong. What a performance! His bruce is one of my best if not my best.

Bruce: Bale
Batman: Affleck
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ParisArentGerman(m): 11:43am On Apr 26, 2022
kushercain:

Christian Bale is my favourite Batman.

Battinson has potential, but the jury is still out.

Batffeck's character development is lacking, and he isn't always true to the character, BUT, his portrayal of Bruce Wayne is flawless. He's my favorite Bruce Wayne.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
kushercain:
Affleck both as Bruce and Batman

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
kushercain:

If Battison in just one movie and two years as the Batman is this amazing, imagine him across his trilogy and with years of experience, let's say 20 years, behind him. Batfleck used to be my favorite buy Battison is now the undisputed best Batman for me.

As for Bruce Wayne, Bale takes the crown, well because, he's the only Batman who's Bruce had more screen time giving enough time for his character to be flesh out.

#Xavier.
#DCian.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Like I said that Jason Kilar no serious at all.
Dude is unprofessional in most of his dealings. angry

How do you explain setting up a new streaming service just a month to a takeover.

I'm glad he's out. The way he makes unilateral decisions without much discussions with others speaks volumes about his character. ie Day & date, 45 days set window. etc...

Cc Xavier5

(1) (2) (3) ... (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.