Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232624 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, slow down bro.
Matt Reeves universe was personally removed from Gunn or Safran's sphere of influence. Same as Joker. Those projects are mainly championed by WB and not DC Studios purview.

The only thing they can do is work a way for Battinson to be in the DCU as well as having his own self contained stories in his Reeves trilogy.
Zaslav isn't throwing that massive box office potential of the ReevesVerse away any time soon. Man loves what makes money 100%.

My own gripe with that whole tweet and interaction is that they should stop catching cruise with this situation... people are genuinely invested in this fvcking Trainwreck of a franchise/studio and eagerly want to know what's next. Make dem carry us along make mind rest abeg.
If them no wan carry us along make dem keep mute. No dey tweet rubbish for person angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
pu7pl3:

Na my legend wey you dey talk about laidis?
Using The words "limbo" and "unfortunately" to describe my legend? Chai cry

Legend go collect wotoporiously... cheesy grin
Film wey Safran be producer? Lmao....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2022
pu7pl3:

My own gripe with that whole tweet and interaction is that they should stop catching cruise with this situation... people are genuinely invested in this fvcking Trainwreck of a franchise/studio and eagerly want to know what's next. Make dem carry us along make mind rest abeg.
If them no wan carry us along make dem keep mute. No dey tweet rubbish for person angry

Lol, no vex bro.
Gunn and Safran are engaging the fans. I'd give them that.
If it was the previous regime, na the next film or when dem dey shoot new movie you go hear news. Them no send person papa.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Legend go collect wotoporiously... cheesy grin
Film wey Safran be producer? Lmao....

Fake news naaaa cry cry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, no vex bro.
If it was the previous regime, na the next film or when dem dey shoot new movie you go hear news. Them no send person papa.

10year plan is obviously starting 2024 when all the 2023 slate has been cleared so I guess 2023 would be for scouting actors and early development but I swear to God I'm tired of speculating sad
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
pu7pl3:

10year plan is obviously starting 2024 when all the 2023 slate has been cleared so I guess 2023 would be for scouting actors and early development but I swear to God I'm tired of speculating sad

Me too speculation don tire my life. If no be say I too love DC, I for don quit since.

The annoying thing be say na the same company come get HBO and DC. WB no deserve these two gems walahi.

I can't wait to see the release slate, make I use small optimism take hold body small.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Me too speculation don tire my life. If no be say I too love DC, I for don quit since.

The annoying thing be say na the same company come get HBO and DC. WB no deserve these two gems walahi.

I can't wait to see the release slate, make I use small optimism take hold body small.

From 1st if January I go start dey drag James on Twitter to release the #10yrSlatecut

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:44am On Dec 16, 2022
pu7pl3:

From 1st if January I go start dey drag James on Twitter to release the #10yrSlatecut

A campaign I can back wholeheartedly. cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 12:59am On Dec 16, 2022
Minemrys:

This is the crap I hate. Snyder fans never wanted him returning or never supported Black Adam, bro you speak like those who generalize a group of people just because of what some idiot on the net with multiple accounts say.

Am a Snyder fan and I was overjoyed to have him back, and I literally looked forward to the black Adam movie but hey, that movie didn't defend itself and to be honest, the DCEU hasn't really defended itself since Aquaman.
Everything has been literally misfires one way or the other, and when a product isn't standing to its defense, you are likely to have nitpicking and the I told you so folks.
No DCEU film has done well both critically and financially since Aquaman. And the management has been one of the main problems of DC.

To think this studio has held on to the flagship of these characters since 1940 and still don't know how to handle them speaks volumes. And to be fair, you really can't blame fans getting angry.

Most people grew up with these characters meaning something, some were passionate about the projects when they were announced in 2014.

To think WB had no idea what they wanted is not really on fans.
sorry, let me rephrase "some Snyder fans"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 1:18am On Dec 16, 2022
abduleez1:
Seems dude knows what's up...
woulda believed this if Zaslav was a creative, but he is not ... the reason he hired Gunn, to tell him the best creative direction possible..
this like saying Bob Iger making the ultimate creative descions for the MCU when feige is there
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, no vex bro.

This is exactly what I have been saying. Choosing to be secretive was the undoing of the previous management. Going with their activities, I knew they were heading towards a Multiversial Crisis Event, but unfortunately majority of the fanbase didn't, and instead of them to make that reveal --- even if it isn't whole--- they chose to keep quiet, and that caused lots of issues.

If they had revealed their Multiversial Criss plan, all the "restore the snyderverse", "WB/DC are confuse", "WB/DC are replacing the Trinity with Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl" and "the studio have no plans" dramas would have been avoided.

With James Gunn engaging with the fanbase, trust, interest, optimism in him and his plan by the fanbase will be profuse, and this will go a long way in positively influencing the performance of the universe and movies, not excluding rumors that will be debunked. To me, that's how you run a franchise, especially a delicate one like the DCEU.

#Xavier
#DCian

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2022
pu7pl3:

"the source I'm really liking on this is Mr @JamesGunn"
That was the tweet.
How the hell does that gibberish relate to the sense you're making or should I say -forcing it to make-?

grin grin

Think of it this way, Matt is telling the fans to trust Gunn on news about Battinson and not other "sources"...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2022
One of the biggest challenge the DCEU has been facing is the issue of management change. Whenever a new management comes up board, right from Warner Corporation down to DC Films/ Studios, they always want to come up with their own plans. Why is that? It's very simple, the DCEU isn't stable, promising and progressive, and this is because of lack of commitment to the completion of a story arc.

When such commitment is absent, it makes the franchise unstable, which results in the new management wanting to fix things and of course this means, eliminating what isn't working, which results in a new plan.

But if a management aggressively progresses on the story arc of the franchise, which definitely will results in promises, reception, progress and certain measures of success, change in management won't affect it.

Managerial change only affects the franchise if there isn't any success or promises or reception in it, which results in the new management coming up with their own plan. But the reverse is the case if the franchise has the progress, promise and reception. In such scenario, they won't change but rather continue with the already established path.

This is why the current managements must be committed in completing their proposed story arc despite the challenges they will or might encounter at the initial point. Story arc completion apart from bringing success to the franchise, also makes the franchise stable and establishes its brand.

Peradventure, if there is a change in management under such circumstance, the DCEU won't be affected. And if the change occurs when the story arc is yet to be completed but the studio is passionately progressing with the arc, the DCEU won't be affected due to the stability, reception, progress and certain measures of success the franchise will possess. Who will want to tamper with a working franchise?

From the activities of Zaslav, Gunn and Safran, things are pointing to the commitment to the progress and completion of their proposed story arc. Let's watch and see how things turns out, and it begins with the film slates to be released by Gunn in January.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2022
Minemrys:

You sabi the package jare.
Nothing pain me pass the fact we were so hopeful early on, imagining what could be and being stupid enough to troll a better company who had their house in order.

Lol
Be like I go rinse my hand comot for this DC matter from the way the so-called genius dey run matters...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Lol!

Big bro, you still dey these streets? cheesy Haha!

Between DC studios and Nigerian government, I know know who clueless pass.

Shebi James Gunn is in charge now and feeling fly? Let's wait and see na. cheesy

We all know how it will go.

He'll be given the free reins to work on his projects and maybe release one or two films which likely will bomb seeing as they alienate their fans each day.

He'll be kicked out and another figure brought in who'll put his/her spin on the whole DCEU mess.

As usual, some of us faithful fans will come here happy and start lauding this new head going as far as calling them genius and the best thing that ever happened to the DCEU; we argue, fight, apportion blame to the previous head and how the future will be bright, "again": typical rinse and repeat.

Cc: Tonyspike, SMUAG

WB matters are now like Madrid or Chelsea, any slight of underperforming the coach gets fired immediately.... The moment the so-called genius first movie or second in the new universe bomb, he will be fired that I know for sure because he's burning all the bridges that might come to his aid when such time arises...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by severee(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2022
angry i just saw black adam, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that movie sucks oshiomole level d!ck
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
Xavier5:
The Gunn/ Safran criticism in this group is just outright stupidity. How can you criticize a plan you're not aware of? Is any of the critic away of the proposed plan? No, so what's the criticism about?

You never see architectural plan, you don dey criticize the building, architect and engineers. How? How e make sense?
You never see business plan, you don dey criticize the business and business owner. Is that not stupidity?

Common sense demands you wait for Gunn and Safran to implement their plans first to see if it's good and successful or not before you start throwing criticism. But no, reason has to be thrown out of the window in favor of irrationality.

No vex, but I have to say it. It is annoying as fvck. DC fans always behaving like children angry

To the Snyder fans, the Snyder plan is not the only franchise plan. The Snyder plan is not the best franchise plan. There are others. So let Gunn/ Safran implement their plans first in order to see if it's good and successful or not before you start making noises

#Xavier
#DCian
they seem to forget the MCU isn't James Gun plan, it's kelvin feg. Ppl also seen to forget James Gunn as also directed movies outside of CBM, the MCU was a learning. Platform for JG, he knows what worked, what didn't and the issue they are having over there, and he won't be stupid to mirror exactly what they have at MCU, he will certainly want to do something different that standout.

I'm so happy for the total reboot, how the fans thought if a 10yrs franchise with Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck? It won't have made sense.
Younger actors and a build up is the best approach. I'm just so happy na 2 ppl dey in control, they will complement each other. And they seem to be closely working togther.

I will critize after I see two of their DC movies.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
SMUAG:

That "he's a genius" is just my issue with some people.
Show me his work that proves he's one.
If you call people like Peter Jackson, James Cameron, Tarantino, Christopher Nolan or even the Russo brothers geniuses for their proving track records I will understand but not James Gunn.
Understand something about being a younger actor playing the early life of Superman/Clark...
He knows the amount of backlash he will receive if he openly say he's doing an origin story for the new Superman. There is no way he will tell the early part of Superman or Clark Kent without giving us something of his "beginning". He will avoid the word: origin so as to not piss off more of the already angered DC fans.
but we saw a younger batman in the batman and it wasn't an origin story..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
abduleez1:
The Snyderverse is officially DEAD.
as much as I love Ben Affleck Batman and Aquaman, I am glad it is dead.

Never liked gal gadot acting neither did I like flash. So personally I'm glad we are starting from scratch
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
> Is cast as Black Adam

> The movie is in development hell for over a decade

> Spends years going on and on about “the hierarchy of the DC universe”

> Strongarms WB bringing back Cavill

> The movie flops

> Commits fraud

> Cavill is fired

> Refuses to elaborate

> Leaves

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2022
Skseries:
as much as I love Ben Affleck Batman and Aquaman, I am glad it is dead.

Never liked gal gadot acting neither did I like flash. So personally I'm glad we are starting from scratch

The snyderverse was a mixed bag.

Man of Steel was okay, BVS was below average, most divisive CBM in the last decade and tarnished Superman as a character.

The only great movie he made was ZSJL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022
I see this movie getting an Oscar nomination and probably award cool cool cool.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2022
DC Studios logo unveiled. cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2022
Omo, the Rock just dey collect from all corners... cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
My TOP 3 PICKS FOR YOUNGER DCU SUPERMAN

1. Jacob Elordi

Best known for Euphoria. He is a good actor.
He's 25 years old and 1.9m tall.

He has the looks and age is on his side. This is someone that can commit to playing Superman for the next 10 years.

He's not a big name actor, no baggages whatsoever.

2. David Corenswet

29 years old and voiced Superman in man of tomorrow animated film.

He has the looks.
He can act.

He's not a big name actor, no baggages.

3. Nicholas Hoult

He's 33 but get him clean shaven and he can easily pass off as a 27-year-old.

He is a great actor. He has range and I have seen him excel in different roles.

He's the best actor out of the 3.

He's relatively well known like Pattinson.

He's over 6 foot tall.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
Looks is very essential.

Whoever must play Superman must look like Superman.

It's non negotiable.

Nicholas Hoult was also a front-runner to play Batman before Robert Pattinson beat him to it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2022
BlackManta:
Looks is very essential.

Whoever must play Superman must look like Superman.

It's non negotiable.

Nicholas Hoult was also a front-runner to play Batman before Robert Pattinson beat him to it.

I like the guy in the first pic
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2022
Snyder cultists abused this guy so much, he had to delete the tweet.

He's right anyway

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
BlackManta:
Snyder cultists abused this guy so much, he had to delete the tweet.

He's right anyway

The snap doesn't bother me, but the aftermath of it all was a big issue for me.

After killing Zod he screamed and felt bad for just 5 minutes.

He moved on like nothing happened.

His feelings after the snap was never addressed in BVS.

We didn't get to see how he felt about black zero event where a few thousand people died in Metropolis.

In fact, in the first 10 minutes of BVS Zack had Superman kill a terrorist by barging him through a couple of walls.

As if that wasn't enough, Zack's Superman threatened to kill Batman after failing to negotiate with him.

Zack Snyder deconstructed Superman even though nobody asked him too.

He completely tore him apart.

The hope and optimism was taken away and replaced with a broody god-like figure.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
BlackManta:

We didn't get to see how he felt about black zero event where a few thousand people died in Metropolis.

In fact, in the first 10 minutes of BVS Zack had Superman kill a terrorist by barging him through a couple of walls.

As if that wasn't enough, Zack's Superman threatened to kill Batman after failing to negotiate with him.

The hope and optimism was taken away and replaced with a broody god-like figure.

Dude, get your facts straight. Snyder addressed the terrorist wasn't killed. Before the hearing, Senator Finch realized nobody died at the hands of Superman. Not even the warlord.
Even Clark told Lois "I killed nobody if that's what they are saying"
He never threatened Batman's life, he could have taken him to the authorities and outed him, and he could have done that as Clark Kent.
Superman was very much conflicted in Dawn of Justice. He and Lois weren't even sure what he was doing. He even travelled to Smallville, called his mother and part of it was trauma over killing Zod. It wasn't spoken out but was shown.
In the desert, Jonathan told him the story about the cows who got flooded while he ate his hero cake. It was part of his actions in MOS that brought about his psychological issues leading to his exile.

A lot were cut from BVS, and Snyder did say they were going to explain the black zero event which they did. You want to nitpick, fine but dude, what exactly do you want?

Superman returns, fans had problems with it because of the lack of action. You think if a light-hearted Richard Donner Superman film came out, it will be perfect in this age?

Man of Steel was meant to represent the modern times and Superman in it. It wasn't perfect, Snyder films aren't but before you go hating on the guy, just understand what he wanted to do.

Of course, James Gunn Superman may be the best film since The Dark Knight or Infinity War, but there's also a chance it might end up divisive.

These Snyder fans crap, you all are saying, I hope you do know some non Snyder fans are in bashing the DC films. So before you go on vilifying a group of people, know there are those who love his works and don't go hating on others.

Just hope the reboot goes well than trying to fuel the hate. Else if Gunn ends up in similar boat, you will have a lot of I told you so camps.

The Snyder vision is dead, let's bury it and stop hating or quoting some idiots to stir up hate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
BlackManta:

I don't agree with this your post man, that Campy Superman can't cut it in this day and age... nothing wrong with him snapping Zods neck, it was a last resort and you could clearly see how it affected him in BVS.
And there was no reconstruction done on the character, Superman has a kill count in the comics too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.