Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,324 members, 7,957,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1298890 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:48am On Dec 20, 2022
TonySpike:

He needs the fans for his new universe to succeed and survive. The fans, on the hand, don't need him to survive. He should stop dividing the fanbase.

You just hit the nail on the head perfectly...
You know one funny thing James Gunn fanatics are not realizing is that; he keeps engaging (bantering) with bitter fans on social media any little time he has and his fans are applauding him for the banters... I hope in the future they will remember these days when the bitter fans start getting the better of him, let nobody cry foul that they are toxics - cause he's actually the genesis of his own undoing...
Gunn will even divide the DC fan base more than ever by the time he's done. Maybe those disguised MCU fans parading as DC fans will come to his aid...

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Let them know Zaddy....
Tears go too flow. grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Keep cooking...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by stonemind(f): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
pls guys what site is best to download free Chinese dramas?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2022
SMUAG:

You just hit the nail on the head perfectly...
You know one funny thing James Gunn fanatics are not realizing is that; he keeps engaging (bantering) with bitter fans on social media any little time he has and his fans are applauding him for the banters... I hope in the future they will remember these days when the bitter fans start getting the better of him, let nobody cry foul that they are toxics - cause he's actually the genesis of his own undoing...
Gunn will even divide the DC fan base more than ever by the time he's done. Maybe those disguised MCU fans parading as DC fans will come to his aid...

We will know how divided the fanbase truly is when DCU films start hitting theaters in 2025.

I will revisit this discussion again when the new Superman reboot makes more money than Man Of Steel.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2022
BlackManta:

We will know how divided the fanbase truly is when DCU films start hitting theaters in 2025.

I will revisit this discussion again when the new Superman reboot makes more money than Man Of Steel.

Just like how the almighty James Gunn's TSS made more money than David Ayers' one despite being almost 6yrs apart... grin

Note: I hope all his DC movies going forward will be critically acclaimed and financially successful by the time we start seeing his new take because the bedrock of all this his delusion of grandeur is/was because people (including him) think the old movies are not successful both critically and financially....
We dey wait to see wetin d master dey cook for us...

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
The Rock is out...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:
The Rock is out...

Who go fit play black Adam now?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

Who go fit play black Adam now?

Actors plenty na... If time reach to cast am we go see. I saw one fancast of one dude on twitter some months before BA and he legit looks like him even with the exact hair.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:

Actors plenty na... If time reach to cast am we go see. I saw one fancast of one dude on twitter some months before BA and he legit looks like him even with the exact hair.

Do you have the pic? I'm finding it hard to picture anyone else as Black Adam after these 15yrs man.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

Do you have the pic? I'm finding it hard to picture anyone else as Black Adam after these 15yrs man.

Sadly I didn't screenshot it bro cos the actor I never hear or see am for my life. I think he was a Middle Eastern or Indian subcontinent. Had exactly the same Black Adam skin tone sef.
I just put am for mind cos I never thought we'd be talking of recast by this time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:

Sadly I didn't screenshot it bro cos the actor I never hear or see am for my life. I think he was a Middle Eastern or Indian subcontinent. Had exactly the same Black Adam skin tone sef.
I just put am for mind cos I never thought we'd be talking of recast by this time.

No wahala na, let's see how it goes... hopefully it'll happen soon
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
I still dey wonder wetin dem use all that money do for Black Adam and this news pop out. I first saw it on twitter yesterday but I ignore. Seeing it again today and from THR kinda lending some credence to it they make me vex.
Cos why Walter Hamada go dey make creatives push am around like this, especially when you remember his New Line Cinema background where they are very prudent with their films.
Even Aquaman 2 is $205mn and Pamela Abdy had to call Wan to tell him to reduce reshoots budget.
I'm not even imagining what Flash will cost with all the reshoots and all that. That one smells $250mn a pop.

I agree with this $150mn cap for any big wig character. Then $175mn most for big team up (JL Corps) and JL first film. Mega Sequels after proven box office mettle rarely gets $200mn if it's Batman or JL Level/GL Corp saga.

If na my hand e dey many films no go pass $120mn asides Batman. angry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GloriousGbola: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:
I still dey wonder wetin dem use all that money do for Black Adam and this news pop out. I first saw it on twitter yesterday but I ignore. Seeing it again today and from THR kinda lending some credence to it they make me vex.
Cos why Walter Hamada go dey make creatives push am around like this, especially when you remember his New Line Cinema background where they are very prudent with their films.
Even Aquaman 2 is $205mn and Pamela Abdy had to call Wan to tell him to reduce reshoots budget.
I'm not even imagining what Flash will cost with all the reshoots and all that. That one smells $250mn a pop.

I agree with this $150mn cap for any big wig character. Then $175mn most for big team up (JL Corps) and JL first film. Mega Sequels after proven box office mettle rarely gets $200mn if it's Batman or JL Level/GL Corp saga.

Once again proof that some wishes are better left unmet. This whole fiasco has seriously damaged the rocks future bargaining power. It almost needs this

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
abduleez1:

Most of the money went to the star I believe, marketing and reshoots. I heard a rumour that part of the reason, the reboot is happening has to do with WBD being in debt and needing to start making money, hence they want to cast actors who would be lesser paid and who don't have to get cuts from the BO I think.
It's just rumor. Heard WBD are $40bill in debt and so far, only The Batman was a profitable movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Once again proof that some wishes are better left unmet. This whole fiasco has seriously damaged the rocks future bargaining power. It almost needs this

What's even annoying, shït was so poor they had to spend significant money on reshoots and yet it turned out FLAT!! Wetin you spend 15yrs dey make?
Shey you dey whine me ni. If I was the new CEO na that film and the Star I go first AXE, ajeh.

The dude still dey form ego and not do cameos.
If it's true it just makes me hate Dwayne's character, cos it's the same shït he did over at Fast and Furious they had to give him his own movie. He's not a team player. And I'm very glad he's booted out.
Yep, his bargaining power will take a hit after this. Especially, after he came out with his weak alternative accounting lying and telling people that Black Adam will turn profit as if ppl didn't know basics of box office calculation.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
The hierarchy of power in the DC universe is about to change...!

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2022
Minemrys:

Most of the money went to the star I believe, marketing and reshoots. I heard a rumour that part of the reason, the reboot is happening has to do with WBD being in debt and needing to start making money, hence they want to cast actors who would be lesser paid and who don't have to get cuts from the BO I think.
It's just rumor. Heard WBD are $40bill in debt and so far, only The Batman was a profitable movie.

All these ones na Lamba. We knew even before the merger was completed that WBD was gonna inherit huge debts from AT&T. It was very clear.

Nah, Dwayne got $22.5mn for BA and a little more for producing and promotion through his socials. Let's say that all sums up to $30mn. That still does not explain the $170mn+ least budget.
Also, NO. Marketing is not included in this $200mn budget. Production budget is ALWAYS seperate from Marketing. And I heard WB spent around $80-100mn marketing the movie mainly on digital platforms to save costs. This means marketing would have been around $150-200mn if they followed the traditional route.

And no, the debt doesn't really factor into big payouts for stars. They want to start afresh. DCEU even hardly had stars who charge really big. Asides Cavill, Gal, Jason, Ben and Dwayne which other stars in DC can control close to what or even half their payout? DC don't have those stars aplenty. You'd be shocked Joaquin Phoenix got just $4.5mn for his Award winning, mega hit movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2022
Person favoured geniuses in the mud... grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2022
wink smiley

Makes sense, will get tons of millions of people watching and in the consciousness of the GA.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2022
Lmao, so DC Comics was so all in for Dwayne's Adam, they "Adamized" everyone in Dark Crisis. grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:04am On Dec 23, 2022
@ Pu7pl3
Shey na Dark Crisis introduce this Peacewrecker character? grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:39am On Dec 23, 2022
abduleez1:
@ Pu7p.l3
Shey na Dark Crisis introduce this Peacewrecker character? grin

Lol, this is my first time hearing about Peacewrecker grin
I'm not that great on Peacemaker comic book lore
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2022
pu7pl3:

Lol, this is my first time hearing about Peacewrecker grin
I'm not that great on Peacemaker comic book lore

Why dem come Adamize everybody for Dark Crisis na? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
abduleez1:

Why dem come Adamize everybody for Dark Crisis na? undecided

His power made him immune to the darkness so he shared it to the available heroes so they can fight without being compromised.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BHG1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2022
Now showing on YouTube, "WAIT (A Short Film) Like, comment and subscribe for more updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOMNx9f8Uw
GloriousGbola:

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
TonySpike:
Anti-Snyder fans who don't bother to rewatch the movies to understand the underlying perspectives and philosophies of his movies. They complained that Snyder is a bad director, yet what have we gotten after him? Mostly shallow movies without philosophies. Anyway, Snyder is forever gone from DC and he is obviously doing well at Netflix despite the hate he got from fans of Donnerism...
what u don't get it u don't get a second chance to make a first impression, if the first time I watch a film I didn't like it enuf to want to watch it again, then why will I?

I saw man of steel again and I kinda understand what story he was trying to tell, but for a first watch I wasn't sold.

BVS I always have to fast forward to the end fight, this is me that love movies from Nolan and the batman
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2022
Skseries:
what u don't get it u don't get a second chance to make a first impression, if the first time I watch a film I didn't like it enuf to want to watch it again, then why will I?

I saw man of steel again and I kinda understand what story he was trying to tell, but for a first watch I wasn't sold.

BVS I always have to fast forward to the end fight, this is me that love movies from Nolan and the batman
It's okay though. The movie is not for you.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2022
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL HERE AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas y'all....

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:45am On Dec 26, 2022
SMUAG:

Just like how the almighty James Gunn's TSS made more money than David Ayers' one despite being almost 6yrs apart... grin

Note: I hope all his DC movies going forward will be critically acclaimed and financially successful by the time we start seeing his new take because the bedrock of all this his delusion of grandeur is/was because people (including him) think the old movies are not successful both critically and financially....
We dey wait to see wetin d master dey cook for us...

The way folks on this thread assume that Gunn's DC universe will be successful.

Na just two flops and everywhere go bust. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.