Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1252790 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, some headlines can be confusing at times.

But what Gunn is actually saying is that Superhero films of now you hardly are really connected with the characters portrayed by the actors or how they was written. There's no connection or relating with them.

It's significant in the sense that as stupid and dumb as a character like King Shark was in TSS, he was loved by all. Imagine say King Shark no return for the next TSS movie, people fit protest.
See Birds of Prey, if them recast or change the actor wey play Cassandra Cain, you go complain. See as them murder Cassie. The film ain't bad per se to me but I didn't like the character portrayals and I didn't enjoy the portrayal of Jurnee Smollet even tho she's a phenomenal actress.

How many people wan miss Amy Adams as Lois Lane. She's one of the issue with Superman film sef. Her portrayal is just too plastic for my liking.
There's a reason people love Margot Robbie and can't think of any other person as Harley. Same goes for Viola Davis.

I understood the context I just didn't like how they quoted it like that like say Baba no send the characters.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

Divide that by 2. WB still haven't gotten investors money in the project. You think the movie is going to make an additional 300? Hehehe, you should be Superman. I love your optimism.

The coming weeks will decide that. Instead of screaming doom, wait for things to flesh themselves out. With the whole doom noise, one will think Flash was not even going to smell $200M in its second week just like Black Adam and Birds of Prey, but newsflash, that isn't the case.

I don't always join doomers or hypers when box office is concern because I know how unstable and unpredictable the box office system is. I instead wait for the coming weeks to decide the fate of films, and that's what I'm doing with the Flash.

Shey, this is how they were screaming with Captain Marvel and Joker, what later happened?

Prophecy of doom or unnecessary hype to me is insignificant, they're just noise. They don't determine the performance of a film, the subsequent weeks does. So take a chick pill, and let things sort themselves out.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Disney that iced pirates of the carribean and dropped Terrence Howard as Rhodes? Them no go even think am twice.

It is possible the flash poor performance is pushback. Ezra issues and carrying his they them too far.
Only God knows how much I hate that they/them nonsense. They born you as a man or woman, you don't want to be seen as that but in plural form. The guy is weird sef, I wonder how anyone would front him for a superhero role. Superheroes are meant to be role models. I don't see how that guy is.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

I think Majors is innocent. Miller's own didn't need vetting sef. I think he was cast after he read with and had chemistry with Ben Affleck. He had auditioned for Nightwing or Robin in BvS.

Make we dey observe.
Last I heard of Majors was several women coming out to lay claims against him. About three or four other women or so.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
SMUAG:

Was Suicide Squad too not having the MCU vibes. My point is not even close to the billion it made, but the fact that the first 5 to 6 dceu movies have more of a connection also contributed great help to its success. Even if BvS did not make the money we all thought it will, it was still the BvS that connected and gave birth to Aquaman movie.
Like for me, aside the connection I was mostly eager to see it because that was the first time we will be seeing a movie that would be like 95% underwater likewise many people too...
But is it just a coincidence that these (6) movies are still the most highest grossing DCEU movies till date, and the only 2 movies outside the DCEU that can actually fall into that category did not even follow anything related to the MCU.
10yrs later still non of the dceu mcu-wannabe movies can actually do better by out selling MoS that we all called below average movie and was also very divisive...

My take is, the biggest mistake was trying to make the DCEU an else world MCU.

TonySpike:

Yeah, they shouted back then,

"DCEU is too dark and broody",
"The colour palette is too bland"
"Comic book movies should not be serious"

Today, we have DC movies being opposites of these and yet nobody is watching these "marvel-like" movies again. Lol...

The real problem here wasn't the tone being used, but the lack of cohesion and progression in the DCEU or Hamada era. These made the audience and fanbase lose interest and faith in the franchise. The Snyder era despite its controversies was cohesive and progressive.

Truth be told, a lighter or balanced toned, cohesive and progressive DCEU would have performed well better than the Snyder era, but unfortunately the franchise lacked cohesion and progression. When you add these to the instability of the franchise, there's definitely bound to be audience apathy towards the franchise.

To fix this, Gunn should focuse on building a balanced toned (for the purpose of diversity), cohesive, progressive and stable DCU. With this, you reinstate audience and fans interest and faith in the franchise.

Truth be told, to fix the franchise isn't hard, what is needed is guts, patience, sacrifice, resilience and franchise plan. I just hope Gunn and Zaslav have these.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

It depends on the role na. Jamie Lannister appeared in Flash lol. But I can see King Viserys first of his name playing Falcone or Jonathan Kent.

I know na.... I ain't saying they should cast them for so so role. I said any role in the DCU.
I'm sure there would be a prominent or key character in DC any of the cast of HOTD can fit into.

That King Viserys actor, Paddy Cosidine na prime Raas 'al ghul to me.
The Simpson that simping for Queen Alicent would make a good actor in the Batman family.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ma blud is struggling with Hard Feelings... 😭😭

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

Who can he fit as? RF? Hal Jordan? I will fit him as Guy Gardner.
RF, Guy Gardner, Constantine, Deathstroke, Deadshot
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kaycee7:
Matt Smith is right there. Multiple roles the guy can fit into. If they fumble him eh, better thunder

I swear bro.... Many of them will fit DCU.

They're already super popular with the show. Funny thing is, most of them won't cost us much money since they ain't A-list. Easy way to gain more fandom from previous projects or actors.

We've just been going after actors without thinking of the big picture. No strategy into pooling fans from other fandoms. That's why DC is suffering partly, cos it's too fvvking homogeneous. No star power whatsoever asides from a few main characters.

Imagine what the fandom of GOT or HOTD will do for DC especially when you realise GOT fans are one of the most dedicated fandom. They'd whine and complain sometimes but they always turned up just as they did for HOTD. And I'm suspecting such goodwill spread into TLOU that allowed the horror show to even outgun HOTD in terms of viewership.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
pu7pl3:

I understood the context I just didn't like how they quoted it like that like say Baba no send the characters.

That one is even good.... You don see this one.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

The guy optimism dey fear me...
And I think say I be Captain Optimist. 😟😒

Even new film and useless rom-com that nobody watches anymore like No Hard Feelings is beating out the Flash. You gotta be fearful.

Imagine Elemental picking up steam and beating out Flash.

Funny enough, I'm not being optimistic, I'm just being realistic. That's why I don't rely on prophecies of doom or unnecessary hype. I prefer the subsequent weeks to determine the fate of films. That has always been my attitude towards the box office performance of films, and The Flash is no exception. To me, the next two to three weeks will cement the fate of The Flash, not now.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

You can't blame Amy Adams. Her Lois Lane was written very poorly. Even Clark Kent didn't have a personality. That's why I say the secret identity thing is as important to writing Lois Lane and Superman characters. Taking it away without explaining it or even referencing it took a lot of dynamics from the story.
If you check, Lois had little to do in BvS with Clark Kent, and even her character was bland in MOS. She found out Clark's identity too early and quick which they didn't use to develop her character to show how Superman influenced her.

Seems Gunn heard your prayers...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Xavier5:

Funny enough, I'm not being optimistic, I'm just being realistic. That's why I don't rely on prophecies of doom or unnecessary hype. I prefer the subsequent weeks to determine the fate of films. That has always been my attitude towards the box office performance of films, and The Flash is no exception. To me, the next two to three weeks will cement the fate of The Flash, not now.

#Xavier
#DCian

I don't want to sound rude but it seems you're new to box office collection analysis.
Movies earn around 70% of their box office in their first two-three weeks, especially post COVID.

The pessimism from many people here is not unfounded or just for fun. It's from analysis from top Hollywood box office experts.

Even me that ain't an expert can see when a movie is definitely bombing just by merely looking at its first and second weekend cumes and drops.

Dropping -75% on second weekend box office for a worldwide debut that isn't even big in the first place calls for alarm.
If Flash debuted to $250mn and above at the BO then it wouldn't be so bizarre seeing it drop over 70% on weekend #2.
This movie has no fvvking LEGS. If it had, then maybe you'd be right and we're all delusional. I'm actually surprised it's taking you this long to realise that.

This movie ain't smelling break even point when all is said and done.
WBD will be seriously praying it does well at VOD and DVD sales to recoup their investment.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't want to sound rude but it seems you're new to box office collection analysis.
Movies earn around 70% of their box office in their first two-three weeks, especially post COVID.

The pessimism from many people here is not unfounded or just for fun. It's from analysis from top Hollywood box office experts.

Even me that ain't an expert can see when a movie is definitely bombing just by merely looking at its first and second weekend cumes and drops.

Dropping -75% on second weekend box office for a worldwide debut that isn't even big in the first place calls for alarm.
If Flash debuted to $250mn and above at the BO then it wouldn't be so bizarre seeing it drop over 70% on weekend #2.
This movie has no fvvking LEGS. If it had, then maybe you'd be right and we're all delusional. I'm actually surprised it's taking you this long to realise that.

This movie ain't smelling break even point when all is said and done.
WBD will be seriously praying it does well at VOD and DVD sales to recoup their investment.

Of course I know that, but to me, I tend to give films what I call "the benefit of doubt" period. I did it for MoS, BvS, JL, Shazam and lots of others. For the Flash, I'm giving it two weeks.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

I swear bro.... Many of them will fit DCU.

They're already super popular with the show. Funny thing is, most of them won't cost us much money since they ain't A-list. Easy way to gain more fandom from previous projects or actors.

We've just been going after actors without thinking of the big picture. No strategy into pooling fans from other fandoms. That's why DC is suffering partly, cos it's too fvvking homogeneous. No star power whatsoever asides from a few main characters.

Imagine what the fandom of GOT or HOTD will do for DC especially when you realise GOT fans are one of the most dedicated fandom. They'd whine and complain sometimes but they always turned up just as they did for HOTD. And I'm suspecting such goodwill spread into TLOU that allowed the horror show to even outgun HOTD in terms of viewership.

Gbam. Same thing on my mind.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
If he's loosing out to Corenswet and already lost out to Pattinson for Batman..... I see him as perfect Nightwing actor. That's if age isn't the major concern. With what I saw on Renfield, I think he can play Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

Seems Gunn heard your prayers...
Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't give me hope.
This is everything I have ever asked for from a Superman film. Clark Kent is not Superman. Superman is not Clark Kent. We need to believe both are different. Watching the Superman film of old, I honestly believed the glasses thing could work.
I mean, Ving Rhames and Sam Dede look alike but we all know they aren't the same people, cos they behave differently.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kaycee7:
RF, Guy Gardner, Constantine, Deathstroke, Deadshot
Deathstroke? Please no. Deadshot? I think we're cool with a black dude for now or Keanu Reeves.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

I know na.... I ain't saying they should cast them for so so role. I said any role in the DCU.
I'm sure there would be a prominent or key character in DC any of the cast of HOTD can fit into.

That King Viserys actor, Paddy Cosidine na prime Raas 'al ghul to me.
The Simpson that simping for Queen Alicent would make a good actor in the Batman family.
Nah. I will love him as Kyle Rayner or Jimmy Olsen. But I see your point. But Gunn is going for a young Batman, so that age would be kind of...

King Viserys, he better be Jonathan Kent. He could fit nicely as a farmer from Kansas. Don't know if he could do a Southern American accent. Or is Kansas not in South of US?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

Make we dey observe.
Last I heard of Majors was several women coming out to lay claims against him. About three or four other women or so.
Yea, heard so. Nawa for Hollywood sha. Where were they when nigga was broke?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
Doesn't matter if you ask me. So far the DC film brand is unstable due to audience and fans lack of interest and faith in it, the position of any DC film doesn't affect its low success possibility.

DC should focus more on building a brand instead of making money for now.

#Xavier
#DCian

1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hit or miss...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:
If he's loosing out to Corenswet and already lost out to Pattinson for Batman..... I see him as perfect Nightwing actor. That's if age isn't the major concern. With what I saw on Renfield, I think he can play Dick Grayson as Nightwing.
He ain't gonna be Nightwing. Would make a good Hal Jordan. Or Lex Luthor. They should just cast him as Lex abeg. He can't keep losing out roles without compensation. Would make for a nice narrative. Dude wanted to be Superman but can't, so he goes bad and shaves his head. He has that swag and corporate mogul feel about him after all.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Whatever tiny tweeny shot it had at the box office is erased. People will prefer to wait for its digital release instead of going to the cinema.

Left to me, they shouldn't have announced it yet until after next week or so. Nothing wrong in porting to digital, but they shouldn't have announced the plan now.

#Xavier
#DCian

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
To whom it may concern...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
I guess DC is being represented...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
😎😎😎😎😎

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
Minemrys:

Nah. I will love him as Kyle Rayner or Jimmy Olsen. But I see your point. But Gunn is going for a young Batman, so that age would be kind of...

King Viserys, he better be Jonathan Kent. He could fit nicely as a farmer from Kansas. Don't know if he could do a Southern American accent. Or is Kansas not in South of US?

If he doesn't fit as Raas then maybe Lord Otto Hightower played by Rhys Ifans would best fit the Asian warlord.

I've mostly forgotten my US map knowledge... I'm thinking Kansas should be in the Midwest. Dunno, I think na dem get farmer agrarian lifestyle.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Xavier5:
😎😎😎😎😎

Lol, you still dey follow this Facebook DC fan page. grin

Melody.... E be like say Bill Dunbar leave admin to her abi na the other white dude? πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Xavier5:
To whom it may concern...

Saw this earlier today.... Ain't sure if it's a DC adaptation or they're just using DC characters in their anime story.
Anyways I thought we had Justice League x RWBY this year. Or still in development. If that project ain't out then, I'm suspecting it's the one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija β€œAll Starsβ€œ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.