Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232171 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
I just finished reading Wonder Woman Historia and I absolutely enjoyed it.

It's a very very good Amazonian origin story and I'm glad it's one of the books that will be adapted for Paradise Lost series in DCU.

The first 3 episodes of the series is more than enough to do justice to the book.

I just need James Gunn to find a very good showrunner to handle it.

I can see his vision and I like it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
One of the best takes on Diana's clay origin.

I hope DCU incorporates this

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2023
BlackManta:
I just finished reading Wonder Woman Historia and I absolutely enjoyed it.

It's a very very good Amazonian origin story and I'm glad it's one of the books that will be adapted for Paradise Lost series in DCU.

The first 3 episodes of the series is more than enough to do justice to the book.

I just need James Gunn to find a very good showrunner to handle it.

I can see his vision and I like it.

It is the most beautiful looking comic I've ever seen.
The art style and graphics is otherworldly.
And the history is rich across many cultures and clans.

Sadly I haven't read the whole comic, but I have a copy and hope to read it before the Paradise Lost show.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
LORD Knows I'm rooting for this movie

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
I am absolutely disgusted by the idea of Gal Gadot returning to play Wonder Woman in DCU.

I thought we were getting a reboot. Paradise Lost is supposed to be start a fresh reboot of the Wonder Woman story.

James Gunn should toss this woman away and get a new actor for WW just like he did for Superman.

I see no good reason for her to come back.

I don't mind John Cena and Viola Davis reprising their roles because they playing D and C list characters respectively not leading men that will be the major faces of the franchise.

But the big characters, the Justice League and the main draws that will carry DCU should all be new faces .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Imagine Gal Gadot alongside David Corenswet Superman embarassed

It's like DCEU 2.0, I might suffer PTSD cry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2023
This article is funny

The last 4 Batman movies from Nolan's trilogy to Matt Reeves Batman all had the gritty serious tone and guess what....They are well received by the audience and widely successful.

If it's not broken do not fix it.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
BlackManta:
I am absolutely disgusted by the idea of Gal Gadot returning to play Wonder Woman in DCU.

I thought we were getting a reboot. Paradise Lost is supposed to be start a fresh reboot of the Wonder Woman story.

James Gunn should toss this woman away and get a new actor for WW just like he did for Superman.

I don't mind John Cena and Viola Davis reprising their roles because they playing D and C list characters respectively not leading men that will be the major faces of the franchise.

But the big characters, the Justice League and the main draws that will carry DCU should all be new faces .

Rare James Gunn L cry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
BlackManta:

Let's wait and see before making conclusions cos I feel she's just talking her own.
Developing a new Wonder Woman film doesn't necessarily needs to include her.

Honestly, I also don't want her in the new universe. She's not a great actress and since the major guys are out there's no appeal for her anymore.

I want to get confirmation from Gunn before I believe this her narrative. Most of the actors are doing speculations.
Even Blue Beetle actor Xolo Mariduena was saying some days back that he's in talks with James Gunn for Blue Beetle appearance in multiple projects. TV shows and movies and hints about Booster Gold.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
BlackManta:
This article is funny

The last 4 Batman movies from Nolan's trilogy to Matt Reeves Batman all had the gritty serious tone and guess what....They are well received by the audience and widely successful.

If it's not broken do not fix it.

ScreenRant mostly engage in silly Op-ed pieces these days... undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
abduleez1:

Let's wait and see before making conclusions cos I feel she's just talking her own.
Developing a new Wonder Woman film doesn't necessarily needs to include her.

Honestly, I also don't want her in the new universe. She's not a great actress and since the major guys are out there's no appeal for her anymore.

I want to get confirmation from Gunn before I believe this her narrative. Most of the actors are doing speculations.
Even Blue Beetle actor Xolo Mariduena was saying some days back that he's in talks with James Gunn for Blue Beetle appearance in multiple projects. TV shows and movies and hints about Booster Gold.

James Gunn should stop talking to them.

He shouldn't make any promises or feed them the idea that they might stick around in DCU.

He should block their numbers until further notice.

Gal wouldn't be saying all this nonsense to the media if James Gunn hadn't talked to her about her future

This is all Gunn's fault.

I don't want that woman anywhere near DCU. Throw her away.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
BlackManta:

James Gunn should stop talking to them.

He shouldn't make any promises or feed them the idea that they might stick around in DCU.

He should block their numbers until further notice.

Gal wouldn't be saying all this nonsense to the media if James Gunn hadn't talked to her about her future

This is all Gunn's fault.

I don't want that woman anywhere near DCU. Throw her away.
It's as if you don't know she's a Hollywood commodity now. You guys hate her cause of WW84 but forget she was good before then and could have played the role better with a better script.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
If Gal is playing Wonder Woman, that's goodnews. She's a good actress that played Wonder Woman well. Having her in the DCU will be amazing.

I'm still trying to figure out where and when reboot equates to not featuring some old actors.

Gunn himself said (that was December last year or January this year, any of them) that in the DCU, some old actors will be retained, some old actors will be shown the door, and new actors will be brought in.

But regarding the validity of this information, I'll wait for confirmation from Gunn himself.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2023
Xavier5:
If Gal is playing Wonder Woman, that's goodnews. She's a good actress that played Wonder Woman well. Having her in the DCU will be amazing.

I'm still trying to figure out where and when reboot equates to not featuring some old actors.

Gunn himself said (that was December last year or January this year, any of them) that in the DCU, some old actors will be retained, some old actors will be shown the door, and new actors will be brought in.

But regarding the validity of this information, I'll wait for confirmation from Gunn himself.

#Xavier
#DCian

I suggest he should completely reboots everything, not one of the old guys should be kept. Cause I don't want a situation where if any of his movie fails the blame will now be tied to those old guns by saying people still have that bitter taste of dceu. I don't want that, those Snyder's casts have suffered a lots from similar situations once the movies they're in did not meet up expectations...
He should do 100% reboot. Nothing like keeping any old casts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
SMUAG:

I suggest he should completely reboots everything, not one of the old guys should be kept. Cause I don't want a situation where if any of his movie fails the blame will now be tied to those old guns by saying people still have that bitter taste of dceu. I don't want that, those Snyder's casts have suffered a lots from similar situations once the movies they're in did not meet up expectations...

Truth is, whether they cast entirely new actors or they retain some old actors, the DCU will still have a shaky start, and the media and people will still talk, criticise and throw blames. Why? That's because the DC film brand is weak and unstable, and the solution to that is focusing on building a brand by;

* Creating a progressive and cohesive universe irrespective of the poor performance of the first sets of films or some of them.
* Enormously progressing on the planned saga irrespective of the poor performance of the first sets of films or some of them.

With this, within a space of few years (three to five), the DCU brand will be built due to audience and fanbase interest and faith in the franchise.

So the problem is not the actors (entirely new or not) they choose to go with, but rather the franchise brand. If Gunn wants to go with entirely new actors, fine. If he wants to retain some old actors, fine. But irrespective of the path he wants to take, he and Zaslav should make sure they focus on building a stable DCU brand irrespective of the poor performance of the first set or some of the first set of films. This should be the focus and not if they're going with entirely new actors or not, this won't in any way determine the success of the DCU.

Truth is, the first set or some of the first set of the DCU films will perform poorly whether we like it or not, but it's the resilience and consistency of Zaslav, Gunn and Safran to build a good DCU brand --- by creating a progressive and cohesive universe, and enormously continuing with the planned saga --- that will eventually give the DCU the success it deserves, with or without entirely new actors.

Besides, reboot deals with changing timelines and storylines, not characters and actors. The issue of change of actors and characters is an option, it's a matter of choice, and not standard, or right and wrong.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
Xavier5:

Truth is, whether they cast entirely new actors or they retain some old actors, the DCU will still have a shaky start, and the media and people will still talk, criticise and throw blames. Why? That's because the DC film brand is weak and unstable, and the solution to that is focusing on building a brand by;

* Creating a progressive and cohesive universe irrespective of the poor performance of the first sets of films or some of them.
* Enormously progressing on the planned saga irrespective of the poor performance of the first sets of films or some of them.

With this, within a space of few years (three to five), the DCU brand will be built due to audience and fanbase interest and faith in the franchise.

So the problem is not the actors (entirely new or not) they choose to go with, but rather the franchise brand. If Gunn wants to go with entirely new actors, fine. If he wants to retain some old actors, fine. But irrespective of the path he wants to take, he and Zaslav should make sure they focus on building a stable DCU brand irrespective of the poor performance of the first set or some of the first set of films. This should be the focus and not if they're going with entirely new actors or not, this won't in any way determine the success of the DCU.

Truth is, the first set or some of the first set of the DCU films will perform poorly whether we like it or not, but it's the resilience and consistency of Zaslav, Gunn and Safran to build a good DCU brand --- by creating a progressive and cohesive universe, and enormously continuing with the planned saga --- that will eventually give the DCU the success it deserves, with or without entirely new actors.

Besides, reboot deals with changing timelines and storylines, not characters and actors. The issue of change of actors and characters is an option, it's a matter of choice, and not standard, or right and wrong.

#Xavier
#DCian

Your points are buttress clearly, but there is this stigma hovering around particular set of the old casts that aside the rough start that will be there for the first dcu movies people still won't easily let go of using their previous movie(s) to vent their anger if their dcu movie(s) do not meet up expectations.
Going with new casts or bringing in some old casts are entirely two different things. Like said, I would prefer if he runs a clean slate. Make everything new so we don't have that already built mind-set on how this or that cast(s) is played.
Example the new Superman cast, I don't think anyone can confidently say they have idea of his range aside James himself. I need things like that.
Look at Batfleck as a case, people till date still dislike the way he's handled by Josh Whedon and even in the current Flash movie. The comparison is heavy on how those other two directors made Batfleck looked almost like a juvenile as compare to Snyder's take. His acting on those two looked funny I swear...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2023
SMUAG:

I love this angle. I am not happy Gadot agreed to do this. But I am not opposed to her returning if that's what she wants.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
SMUAG:

Your points are buttress clearly, but there is this stigma hovering around particular set of the old casts that aside the rough start that will be there for the first dcu movies people still won't easily let go of using their previous movie(s) to vent their anger if their dcu movie(s) do not meet up expectations.
Going with new casts or bringing in some old casts are entirely two different things. Like said, I would prefer if he runs a clean slate. Make everything new so we don't have that already built mind-set on how this or that cast(s) is played.
Example the new Superman cast, I don't think anyone can confidently say they have idea of his range aside James himself. I need things like that.
Look at Batfleck as a case, people till date still dislike the way he's handled by Josh Whedon and even in the current Flash movie. The comparison is heavy on how those other two directors made Batfleck looked almost like a juvenile as compare to Snyder's take. His acting on those two looked funny I swear...

I understand your concern, and I would have allied with your perspective if entirely new actors would give the DCU the success it yearns, but unfortunately it won't. So if it won't, then why bother about that?

The reality on ground is, with or without an entirely new cast, the DCU won't have a juicy beginning, the possibility of the reverse happening is low or very low, and guess what? The media and people will talk, blame and criticise. That's the reality, it's something we all have to accept and anticipate.

The only way to course correct thing is for Zaslav, Gunn and Safran to focus on creating a progressive and cohesive DCU --- with or without entirely new cast --- irrespective of the poor performance of its first set or some of its first set of films. With this the DCU brand will be established due to audience and fanbase interest and faith in the franchise. That's the only way the DCU will meet its success.

An entirely new cast or not is insignificant, it's useless, it doesn't determine the success of the franchise, it definitely won't stop the first set or some of the first set of DCU films from performing poorly, and it won't stop the media and people from talking, blaming and criticising. And if that's the case, then what's the obsession with it? Why the focus on it?

Our focus should be on DC resiliently creating a cohesive and progressive DCU irrespective of its shaky and disappointing beginning, rather than they going with an entire new cast or not.

If Gunn wants an entirely new cast, fine. If he doesn't, fine. All I want from him is to resiliently create a progressive and cohesive DCU irrespective of the poor beginning. This is what matters more.

#Xavier
#DCian

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
I love this!!
Glad they're taking notes from SONY's SpiderVerse movies.

Won't be bad if we get the Metal Men.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2023
Minemrys:

I love this angle. I am not happy Gadot agreed to do this. But I am not opposed to her returning if that's what she wants.

Yeah, but as for me James should start with 100% clean slate. He shouldn't bring any old casts especially the big guns since he has already recast the Superman role and Batman too (even if there has been no confirmation) so I see no reason keeping Gal Gadot... Abi na Wonder mama, Superboy and Batboy we won dey watch.
Wonder woman's age difference to the other two main heroes is just by number and not appearance so that alone for me na no no no! E go too be like elder sis to her kid brothers... Many thing sha no make me wan make old casts come back... I want people that I can easily critique based on their performance in the dcu and dcu alone, not rather to start doing comparison on " the same person" because of his/her dceu and dcu involvements...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
BlackManta:
Imagine Gal Gadot alongside David Corenswet Superman embarassed

It's like DCEU 2.0, I might suffer PTSD cry

We won cheesy

It's possible Gal Gadot will not be DCU Wonder Woman.

My joy is back cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
BlackManta:

We won cheesy

My joy is back cool

WB definitely sponsored this article from Variety...

There is no way they made it up on their own.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2023
BlackManta:

We won cheesy

My joy is back cool

One side is saying A, another side is saying B. Gal Gadot could be lying, she could be saying the truth. The so called statement from DC Studio could be true, it could be a lie all in the bid for DC Studio to avoid unnecessary controversies this info might cause. If Gal Gadot is truly playing WW, that news is better left for when the DCU has a good footing and that's after the current slate of films have been produced.

Another angle to it is, both are saying the truth in the sense that Gal Gadot could still be playing WW but in a rebooted WW film. In other words, no WW3 is happening, but there's definitely a Gal Gadot's WW. And if DC Studio is to continue with Gal, then definitely this is the part they will follow. WW3 can't fit into the DCU.

But one thing I know is, the PARADISE LOST series will put an end to all this dilemma.

Aside that, who plays WW, be it Gal or not, isn't my business, all I ask for is a cohesive and progressive DCU, good WW film, and good WW performance by its actress.

In other news, the DCU Batman will be an older Batman (mid thirties to mid forties) contrary to the initial claim of a young Batman. You have a teenage Damien Wayne in the life of Batman.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
I got a feeling this movie will surprise a lot of people.

Blue Beetle might be the best movie coming from DC this year.

The bar is low anyways but this movie looks like an underrated gem that's not getting enough attention

I'm optimistic and I'm getting ready to watch it this weekend.

There's a reason David Zaslav insisted on this movie getting a theatrical release even though it was initially made for HBO Max at the time.

Batgirl and Blue Beetle was produced around the same time but WBD decided BB is the one worth protecting.

We're going to find out why very soon.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
BlackManta:
I got a feeling this movie will surprise a lot of people.

Blue Beetle might be the best movie coming from DC this year.

The bar is low anyways but this movie looks like an underrated gem that's not getting enough attention

I'm optimistic and I'm getting ready to watch it this weekend.

There's a reason David Zaslav insisted on this movie getting a theatrical release even though it was initially made for HBO Max at the time.

Batgirl and Blue Beetle was produced around the same time but WBD decided BB is the one worth protecting.

We're going to find out why very soon.

Very nice

I hope it stays in the 80s or at worst, high 70s.

Come to think of it, this is currently the highest rated DCEU movie since James Gunn's The Suicide Squad cool

Of course people won't show up to see this movie because DC brand is dirty right now but I really hope it gets an "A" Cinemascore and good legs that will help it break even at the BO.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
It's going up cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
BLUE BEETLE --- 9/10

An enthralling DC movie of capitalist quest, love, family, community and aspirations. Actions were great, emotional weight was great, musical scores were great, and the VFX was stunning. I also love the fact that the movie didn't take the conventional route associated with Hollywood films regarding the mother being the emotional support of the lead character, in this movie they went a different route, the father route.

Conclusively, Blue Beetle is a beautiful work of motion picture art. A good entry into the DCU. Yeah, chronologically, it's in the DCEU, but universe setting wise, it's in the DCU set in an unspecified point in the DCU timeline, well according to its director. I really do wish the movie gets its trilogy, and box office success it deserves.

People should see the movie, and look out for Nana πŸ˜‚. That's officially my favorite character in the movie πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier
#DCian

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Xavier5:
BLUE BEETLE --- 9/10

An enthralling DC movie of capitalist quest, love, family, community and aspirations. Actions were great, emotional weight was great, musical scores were great, and the VFX was stunning. I also love the fact that the movie didn't take the conventional route associated with Hollywood films regarding the mother being the emotional support of the lead character, in this movie they went a different route, the father route.

Conclusively, Blue Beetle is a beautiful work of motion picture art. A good entry into the DCU. Yeah, chronologically, it's in the DCEU, but universe setting wise, it's in the DCU set in an unspecified point in the DCU timeline, well according to its director. I really do wish the movie gets its trilogy, and box office success it deserves.

People should see the movie, and look out for Nana πŸ˜‚. That's officially my favorite character in the movie πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier
#DCian

I will put it on my watch list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija β€œAll Starsβ€œ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.