Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237187 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
Minemrys:

you sure? JL also had high Box Office projections. BVS did but failed to reach 1 billion U.S dollars. Critics as usual are going to f*ck this movie.
I can understand that you've lost faith. But mine is strong on this one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I can understand that you've lost faith. But mine is strong on this one.
well, i hope they d0n't let you down.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Minemrys:

Exactly. You see, WB had all these characters right fr0m the dawn of c0mic bo0ks, yet there was no m0vie abt them. N0w, a rival studio starts making films of unkn0wn characters and turning them into instant hits, and all of a sudden, WB wants to start making these films just the way its rival is doing, and we d0n't want c0mparis0ns? I want Aquaman to b0mb so WB can sit back and think again. They ruined Justice League for me, having Aquaman be a hit w0n't teach them a less0n.

Dude, stop being emotional. You are just spilling stuff out of emotions. Use reasonable approach to tackle things bro. You aren't the only one disappointed in Justice League, so many fans were including I. WB knowing this decided to make it up in Aquaman. The best you can do is wish it well, that's how you know a true fan.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
BlackManta:
Jason Momoa, Amber Heard and James Wan cheesy....at a fan event in China.

See how James Wan looks like the humble first son of Jason Mamoa and Amber Heard. grin grin grin grin grin.

But to be sincere, James short come small, no be here.

#Xavier.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2018
The Aquaman's third trailer is legit. To me, it's the best Aquaman's trailer so far.

Hmmmmmm, so Arthur curry has been under tutelage from vulko since he was a kid. That's great, no wonder he was able to master some of his abilities.

I have a feeling this movie is gonna be successful and sincerely hope it is. DCEU needs to be resurrected.

My favourite scene:

Hera: We have to stop him

Arthur: How do you propose we do that.

Vulko: By retrieving this.

Arthur: I already got one of those.

Vulko: I bet this one you don't.

Gosh, I'm super hyped. Can't wait for December 21st.

#Xavier.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Minemrys:

well, i hope they d0n't let you down.
Bro to be honest aquaman will be successful at the box office. Forget About the critics venom made it with bad critics review. I see aquaman making 800m+
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2018
Shittaakeem:

Bro to be honest aquaman will be successful at the box office. Forget About the critics venom made it with bad critics review. I see aquaman making 800m+
You sabi. Leave Minemrys, I can understand the pain he feels inside after 2 D.C disappointments. He'll come around.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
You guys don't get it. Minemrys isn't angry with DC, he is angry with the greatest butcher ever, Warner Bros. Those guys at WB are famous for butchering original movies and destroying director's visions. I just finished reading this and I feel so sad for Snyder.

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-cut-justice-league-changes/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by StyleAfos(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2018
Shittaakeem:

if that would be the case, i hope the m0vie is s0mething good and sensible that sets Warner Bros on the right course with the Dceu. Else i see Warner butchering the entire Dceu and rebo0ting it with J Phoenix joker universe. Shazam could be reworked to fit that universe if Aquaman fails to meet WB's expecti0ns.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2018
H0nestly, am n0t sold with J Mom0a playing Aquaman/the King of Atlantis. He's used to playing brutes or henchmen, Aquaman isn't that. I got that picture after JL. He was all thr0ugh the film a henchman to the league. He was barely n0ticeable. I bet Patrick Wilson is going to carry this m0vie on his head. As for Amber Heard, that's an0ther case entirely.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Minemrys:
H0nestly, am n0t sold with J Mom0a playing Aquaman/the King of Atlantis. He's used to playing brutes or henchmen, Aquaman isn't that. I got that picture after JL. He was all thr0ugh the film a henchman to the league. He was barely n0ticeable. I bet Patrick Wilson is going to carry this m0vie on his head. As for Amber Heard, that's an0ther case entirely.

Aquaman is a critical hit.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:00am On Nov 27, 2018
We have a hit. cheesy

Critics love Aquaman cheesy

One critic says Aquaman is tied at best superhero movie of the year.

Release the hype engine grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:07am On Nov 27, 2018
Aquaman is a critical hit cheesy

Now we await the box office hit cheesy

WB lifted the embargo on critics social media reactions 3 weeks before the Aquaman official release date.

They were super confident this is gonna be a hit with critics and gosh... they were right cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:13am On Nov 27, 2018
These reviews are from professional critics.... PROFFESSIONAL CRITICS.... not FANS...

So you can be rest assured there is no sentiments, no bias.... Just undiluted critics opinion on the film.

Aquaman is a fantastic movie... Through and through.

WB didn't disappoint me this time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:19am On Nov 27, 2018
One critic called it the best DC film since Dark Knight.

Are you fuçkin kidding me shocked

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 12:21am On Nov 27, 2018
nawa oo. let me wait and confirm
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:27am On Nov 27, 2018
James Wan the Chosen One....

Pun intended grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 27, 2018
How time flies grin grin I recall when clowns here said suicide squad will hit 1billion and infinity War would be a flop

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:06am On Nov 27, 2018
hardwerk:
How time flies grin grin I recall when clowns here said suicide squad will hit 1billion and infinity War would be a flop

Suicide Squad didn't release in China and it still made over 700 million, do you know how crazy that is?

BTW, good movies over money anytime any day.

WB has made loads of cash and fewer good DC films.

Money is not a problem.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 27, 2018
BlackManta:

Suicide Squad didn't release in China and it still made over 700 million, do you know how crazy that is?

BTW, good movies over money anytime any day.

WB has made loads of cash and fewer good DC films.

Money is not a problem.

You are talking shit ...go and overcome Deadpool before replying me

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:07am On Nov 27, 2018
BlackManta:

Aquaman is a critical hit.
so was Justice league. Wait for it. And by the way, i realise m0st times films critics praise, i end up n0t liking them e.g w0nder w0man, thor ragnarok, ghost busters, h0mec0ming spiderman, etc.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2018
hardwerk:

what's the shit the guy's saying? There's no doubt that no matter how underwhelming the dceu has been in terms of m0ney for WB, it also made loads of m0ney for them. I don't think if we were to count the BO performance of the 1st five Mcu films, they didn't sum up to 3 billi0n dollars in revenue.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:21am On Nov 27, 2018
hardwerk:
you can go back to the preliminary pages of this thread, no one ever said Infinity war would be a flop. And c0nsidering the return of suicide squad at the BO, had the m0vie delivered on the joker, been true to the t0ne it set out for initially, presented Batman in s0me highlight scenes, g0ne with a much better villain, it would've hit a billi0n. WB only wanted to go the guardians of galaxy way and it did SLIGHTLY guardians of the galaxy m0ney at the BO.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:24am On Nov 27, 2018
BlackManta:
We have a hit. cheesy
Critics love Aquaman cheesy
One critic says Aquaman is tied at best superhero movie of the year.
Release the hype engine grin
relax. Critics aren't kn0wn for praising g0od things.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2018
BlackManta:
One critic called it the best DC film since Dark Knight.

Are you fuçkin kidding me shocked

there's one thing abt critical acclaim. You praise or hype a film too much, you leave its fans no chance to enjoy a film without them raising expectati0ns towards those films. Lo0k at star wars for example. Hyping this m0vie so much could turn against the film itself. And, d0n't believe everything the critics say, s0n.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2018
Left to me, Warner bros aren't ready for a hit yet.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2018
hardwerk:

Fox made deadpool.

Marvel studios had no business with it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2018
Someone twitted its an MCU phase one film
OK.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2018
BlackManta:

Fox made deadpool.

Marvel studios had no business with it.
But but marvel entertainment does.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2018
Minemrys:

there's one thing abt critical acclaim. You praise or hype a film too much, you leave its fans no chance to enjoy a film without them raising expectati0ns towards those films. Lo0k at star wars for example. Hyping this m0vie so much could turn against the film itself. And, d0n't believe everything the critics say, s0n.

Critics thrashed Justice League.

In fact Warner Bros didn't lift the embargo until a week before the release date.

They knew the reviews were bad and it would affect box office performance but with Aquaman it is way different from what I have seen before.

Lifting the embargo on social media 3 weeks early only indicates that the film is great and WB wants to rack up more ticket sales.

The official embargo on full critics reviews will be lifted a week early.

The difference between Aquaman and other DC movies is that both fans and critics are loving the film.

Unlike the others where only fans love it while critics are thrash talking the film.... It happened to Venom lately.

Critics hyping the film won't turn it against itself.
Come on, how many times has it happened to previous superhero films... Take Marvel films for instance.

Most of the time everything turns out well.

Star Wars situation was different.
They are many factors you need to consider that only Star Wars fans can explain.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2018
Shittaakeem:
Someone twitted its an MCU phase one film
OK.

There is always a Marvel fanboy who will start making comparison.

Someone called it the best Marvel movie that DC made.

Like they cant resist talking about a DC movie without making reference to Marvel.

I'd say fück them.. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.