Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1238784 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2019
Minemrys:

it's all abt the pr0m0ti0n and its appeal to audiences. If it's able to prove itself in the market, it could be leggy at the Box Office. Trust me, it's going to be family friendly and centred on family. If WB can pr0m0te it that way, then anything could happen. Look at incredibles cart0on for instance.
The keyword here is anticipation and connectedness.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2019
TonySpike:

Each of these entries were connected in terms of universe key-ins. Shazam is a totally new entrant and will only be able make more money if perhaps Henry Cavill appears as Superman.
Hmmmmm....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:08am On Jan 19, 2019
It's not about how big the budget is or how Popular the characters are... Superman is the most popular superhero, yet Man of Steel made less money...
BVS had Batman, Superman, WonderWoman, Lex Luthor, Doomsday... yet grossed lower than Aquaman that had only Aquaman.
Justice League had everyone, yet flopped.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2019
TonySpike:

Hail Snydra!
Some peeps will not like this... �
Like me you mean me, you guys won't stop pandering to that dude. undecided undecided undecided
cc; minemrys
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:16am On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:
It's not about how big the budget is or how Popular the characters are... Superman is the most popular superhero, yet Man of Steel made less money...
BVS had Batman, Superman, WonderWoman, Lex Luthor, Doomsday... yet grossed lower than Aquaman that had only Aquaman.

Man of Steel is the most profitable superman movie ever made. I have presented the records here for everyone to see. BVS had an unfortunate critical review but nevertheless is becoming a cult classic. It made close to $900 million in the theatres, the blu-ray and DVDs also did well. As for Josstice league, we all know what happened. Shazam has no hype going on for it unlike those previous movies, except that it is another WB movie. We shall see how it goes although I am not invested in the movie project as a whole.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:20am On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Like me you mean me, you guys won't stop pandering to that dude. undecided undecided undecided
cc; minemrys
grin grin grin
I like the dude, bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:
You forgot to mention that BvS had Zach Snyder
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2019
I won't lie Aquaman exceeded my expectations by far with the reception Justice League had and some critics trying to bring the movie down it still made a billion, my hopes was for it to make 700 million sef... But I feel if the next Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is done well it could be one of the most profitable movies WB have ever made since it's budget is just 50 million
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2019
TonySpike:
The keyword here is anticipation and connectedness.
anticipation can be built if it's pr0m0ted well.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Right? Like who gives 2 bleeps about the fake Capt Marvel and predictable infinity? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
who cares
A marvel movie the whole world is waiting for!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:
It's safe to say that Shazam is already a hit financially, don't know about critically.
My reason is based on the fact that all new intros since the DCEU started has made at least $700m+.

- Suicide Squad = $746.8m
- WonderWoman = $821.8m
- Aquaman = $1.038B (at the moment)

Again look at the above, each new entry topped the previous one...I will not be surprised if Shazam tops Aquaman...Its obvious people want to see other DC characters on the big screen.
shazam to make a billion hahahahahahahahaha
Next joke people

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
TonySpike:

Man of Steel is the most profitable superman movie ever made. I have presented the records here for everyone to see. BVS had an unfortunate critical review but nevertheless is becoming a cult classic. It made close to $900 million in the theatres, the blu-ray and DVDs also did well. As for Josstice league, we all know what happened. Shazam has no hype going on for it unlike those previous movies, except that it is another WB movie. We shall see how it goes although I am not invested in the movie project as a whole.
Honestly, the only good thing about Man of Steel was the first 20mins...
BVS on the other hand was a master piece. BVS should have made $1B+ at the box office, and i don't know why It didn't. But the expectations placed on them made them make less money...
However, there is nothing to expect from Shazam because it is coming to the big screen the first time. It has less hype because nothing has been done on it before. It is riding on originality and classic visuals. Like Aquaman, it will be judged based on what you are seeing, which is something not done before...And when it comes to original movies, no studio in the world beats Warner Bros!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
hulk616:
who cares
A marvel movie the whole world is waiting for!!!
No-one gives a fück about a fake Captain Marvel. The real Captain Marvel (Shazam) is coming to town.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:

BVS on the other hand was a master piece. BVS should have made $1B+ at the box office, and i don't know why It didn't. But the expectations placed on them made them make less money...
However, there is nothing to expect from Shazam because it is coming to the big screen the first time. It has less hype because nothing has been done on it before. It is riding on originality and classic visuals. Like Aquaman, it will be judged based on what you are seeing, which is something not done before...And when it comes to original movies, no studio in the world beats Warner Bros!!!
BvS a masterpiece, says who? Reason why it didn't make over a billion dollars is because audiences didn't resonate with it. People were willing to give it a chance as evidenced by how much it made in the first week. But word of mouth made the BO earnings drop drastically. The only people who thinks BvS is a masterpiece are those who worship SNYDER.....clears throat....you know who-minem and tspike lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:
BvS a masterpiece, says who? Reason why it didn't make over a billion dollars is because audiences didn't resonate with it. People were willing to give it a chance as evidenced by how much it made in the first week. But word of mouth made the BO earnings drop drastically. The only people who thinks BvS is a masterpiece are those who worship SNYDER.....clears throat....you know who-minem and tspike lipsrsealed

I also think it is a masterpiece... Snyder is the best director when it comes to making movies about Superheros, not making a superhero movie...
BVS was a movie about superheroes.
You really need to calm down and just watch BVS...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:

I also think it is a masterpiece... Snyder is the best director when it comes to making movies about Superheros, not making a superhero movie...
BVS was a movie about superheroes.
You really need to calm down and just watch BVS...
I've seen it 3 times undecided And I still don't like it. CGI is messy, underutilized side characters, poor writing. Should I continue? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I've seen it 3 times undecided And I still don't like it. CGI is messy, underutilized side characters, poor writing. Should I continue? undecided

What they did to Jimmy Olsen was so annoying...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
Kingrapha:

One of the many atrocities of Snyder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Yeah!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:

BvS a masterpiece?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
Raalsalghul:
u ehn? Smartass.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
philfearon:

shazam has been d0ne before. I mean live acti0n series. Google it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Minemrys:

shazam has been d0ne before. I mean live acti0n series. Google it.
It says it's a serial (series)...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
Eyedea:

BvS a masterpiece?
Yeah... Only the third act spoiled the movie a bit.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
Kingrapha:

You are wrong. That wasn't Jimmy Olsen but a CIA agent using Jimmy Olsen identity as a cover.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
TonySpike:

You are wrong. That wasn't Jimmy Olsen but a CIA agent using Jimmy Olsen identity as a cover.

It was still annoying!
Zack said and I quote " There was no room for the Olsen character . But that doesn't mean we cannot have fun with him.". That's annoying. That said I didn't hate BvS I didn't just have a good Cinema experience and left disappointed. It's a good movie!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Xavier5:
LET'S TALK SHAZAM

Shazam is DC's next movie as we all know, whether it is a big or average or small release we don't know yet but a movie with a budget of over $150M, it isn't a small movie, it has to be huge.

Reasons Shazam Will Be A Box Office Success:

1.) The Hype:
Shazam is one if the most anticipated superhero movies of 2019, in as much from the look of things WB/DC hasn't started marketing yet, the buzz, expectations and hype for Shazam is high. This is because, this is the first time the character will be appearing in a live action movie. People wants to about him, people wants to see what he has to offer, people wants to see how he behaves and does things, people wants to see if shazam will be different from the ones in the comics, animation or games or he will be the same, people want to know how DC/WB are gonna introduce this character into the movie industry and how they want to depict him, who is Doctor siviani, who is he, what does he want, why is he the villain, why is he worthy to be Shazam's (a godlike being) villian, how will he face off against Shazam, what will lead to it and why, how will shazam stop him, will superman make a cameo appearance in Shazam and the only thing that can answer all these questions and curiosity is a Shazam movie thus the hype.

2.) Shazam Is Bringing A New Dimension To The Superhero Movie Genre Which Is Comic:
In previous times, superhero movies were known to be cartoonish well thanks to FOX for introducing matured contents into superhero movies which we've all come to love. Nobody wants a cartoonish superhero movie anymore everyone wants a matured superhero movie but Shazam is something different, a comic movie, what the hell. Yes, we have lighthearted movies E.g Deadpool, that makes us laugh our brains out but a full fletch comic or comedy movie is what we haven't seen and Shazam from the look of things according to the Trailer is bringing that to us.
So for this people want to see how a comic hero will he portrayed, what will make him different from other superheroes, how will WB/DC handle comedy, how will they present a comic superhero. Those are the questions on people's lips and the only to see or receive answers to their questions is to go see Shazam in Cinemas. Who knows Shazam might pave the way for Comic superhero movies just like wonder woman paved the way for female superhero movies.

3.) It's Gonna Be Source Of Inspiration To The Younger Generation:
Shazam is a teenager in an adult body doing what adult superheroes do, saving the world. What better way to inspire the younger generation, telling them that as kids, they can do what adults do (positive things) and even do what adults can't, it will show or tell them that they can be whatever they wanna be, it will show and tell them that they within them lies potentials which they need to utilize to shake the world, it will show and tell them that they don't have to be big to make impact, they can make impacts even in their small state. This is a movie, parents will recommend and love their children to see even if them (parents) don't like it which I doubt, for the sake of inspiration, they will love their kids to see it.

4.) It's A Film Targeted At Family And Kids:
Yes, Shazam is a movie that revolves around family and kids. A kid is the hero here and this kid is surrounded by his foster family and the way they relate with each other. So it's a film for all family, age and kid. Who doesn't want that.

5.) The Shazam Personality:
Shazam is one hell of a personality. As a matter of fact, he is one of the strongest superheroes in the DC universe, the superhero character that can match up with him in terms of super hero prowess is Superman. Yes, that's how strong and powerful. This is someone that has the power of six gods ( The Wisdom of SOLOMON , the Strength of
HERCULES[superhuman strength on par with Superman] the Stamina of
ATLAS, the Power of ZEUS [including near-invulnerability and lightning powers], the Courage of ACHILES and the Speed of MERCURY [including flight]) in him. Shazam if he utilizes his powers to the max is a super strong unstoppable force.
I know Shazam has been portrayed to be kind of weak and one that receives beat down from Wonder Woman as seen in the animated movies of Justice league: War (gosh, that wonder woman's punch to him was a heavy one likewise a brain reseter, Shazam became reasonable after that punch) and The Flashpoint Paradox. Well that because Shazam is portrayed as a naive being lacking experience and that hasn't fully understand, master and utilize his powers that's why other characters notably Wonder Woman seems Stronger than him. If Shazam becomes experienced and ultimately understands, masters and fully utilize his powers to the max, no hero including Wonder Woman except few like Superman can be at par with him in terms of Super hero/ power prowess and combat.
Apart from his prowess, he has a naughty and humourous side as well, as a matter of fact he is depicted to be the most comic super hero character in the DC Universe. This attributes of Shazam is what's gonna attract people to see Shazam because they want to see and feel him more.

6.) It's Gonna Capitalise/ Leverage On The Success Of Aquaman:
Aquaman Success has really positioned WB/DC and the DCEU at a very positive strategic point which will pave a receptive, successful, established and good platform/ path for other DCEU movies except otherwise and Shazam is going to Capitalise and Leverage on this to be Successful.

The above reasons are why Shazam will be successful at the box office well except the unpredictability of life rears up it's head again. One thing is sure, the minimum box office gross for shazam will be $500M. It might even cross the billion dollar mark, Dearie's, if Minions (a movie about stupid, comic, strange, naively smart and weird small yellow creatures) can do it, why can't Shazam do it. It still baffles me how Minions grossed over one Billion dollar. But the probability of shazam grossing over one billion is slim thanks to Avengers: End Game except they move it's release date after like a month after Avengers: End Game release.

WB/DC should move the release date of Shazam to at least a month after Avengers: End Game. This is because:
A.) To prevent it from being crushed by Avengers: End Game. You can't compare the momentum, hype, fan base, critics support and success of the Avengers franchise to that of Shazam. So if WB/DC know what they are doing, they should move that movie release date to at least one month after Avengers: End Game release.
B.) Releasing Shazam a month after Avengers: End Game which is may will place it at an advantaged point. This is because the next superhero movie which is spiderman: Far from home will be released June or July thus making Shazam the only major super hero movie before Spiderman comes calling. This means after Avengers: End Game, people will be itchy to see a superhero movie which shazam and spiderman: far from home will offer but since spidey's release date is still far off, they will have no other choice but to settle for Shazam and you no what that means. So if WB/DC are smart they will move Shazam's release date to may.

Shazam is going to be a fun movie. I will like the movie to be teenager, family centric, balanced but it's theme such as Comedy felt extensively, matured, superheroic and intense. I also want to she lots of cool, awesome, mind blowing and intense actions/ fights.

I would have love Black Adam to be the villain in Shazam because he is the exact opposite of Shazam heartily but similar in powers. Shazam is a hero, pure at heart and light hearted while Black Adam is a villain in some cases, an anti hero, dark, serious and corrupted at heart. Hus presence will bring balance to the movie i.e balance between lightheartedness and seriousness. His presence will also make Shazam serious because he will be going against a ruthless, dark and serious kind of him so to defeat such person, he has to be serious not naughty but well, we aren't going to be seeing Black Adam as the Villain in Shazam rather we will be seeing Doctor Siviani.

Reasons why Black Adam won't be the villain in Shazam has been given by WB/DC below

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-shazam-movies-dwayne-johnson/

The reason being that they want to give more screen time to Black Adam. They don't just want him to be a come and go character which is understandable beside I can't wait for a Black Adam movie, that movie will be epic. It's going to show who he is and what made him what he is. Something tell me that movie is going to be like the mummy, which is all about an ancient Egyptian powerful coming back to life in the present world.
But there is something we need to get straight here, Villains don't always last long in a franchise, series or shared universe. Their roles are come, cause havoc, be defeated by the hero and boom they are gone. If they are to last long in a franchise, series or shared universe, then they either become heroes or anti heroes or central villain or one of the central villaibs of that franchise, series or shared universe or supporting villains but if Black Adam lasting longer in the DCEU is good for business, so be it.

I heard there are gonna be cameo appearances notably that of Superman in Shazam. Well that's good but I'll love the shazam movie to be about Shazam and not him and some other superhero character. So to me, if there are gonna be cameo appearances of superheroes, it shouldn't be as supporting characters rather as a narrative or coincidental or meeting appearance of those superhero characters.

Shazam suit look great and badass. I read they spent over $1M designing that suit.
For me, I want them to make Shazam's cape a little bit longer and larger. That will make him more superheroic suitingly.

Well, that's my take on Shazam. What about you guys.

Cc Minemrys, Philfearon, TheKingIsHere, laurene, Blackmanta, Cao, Raalsalghul,
Kaycee7, Lh19 etc

#Xavier.
#Let_Us_Talk_Shazam.

I have a feeling this movie will shock many people and make within $700-850m. Now, you have highlighted the major areas that will make this movie great; it is a funny, family movie and have one of the strongest superheroes of the DC universe. The only setback is the marketing, publicity and hype is not enough. Also, endgame was brought closer to ensure it was as successful as aquaman.

However, the gods still favor this movie as it will ride on the positive waves of aquaman and by the time the easter breaks comes a lot of people will troop in to watch it since no other major movie will be in cinema by then. So it will make money and shock a lot of people... They may also use the opportunity to introduce black Adam, maybe at the end of the movie which will be acted by The rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 20, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I have a feeling this movie will shock many people and make within $700-850m. Now, you have highlighted the major areas that will make this movie great; it is a funny, family movie and have one of the strongest superheroes of the DC universe. The only setback is the marketing, publicity and hype is not enough. Also, endgame was brought closer to ensure it was as successful as aquaman.

However, the gods still favor this movie as it will ride on the positive waves of aquaman and by the time the easter breaks comes a lot of people will troop in to watch it since no other major movie will be in cinema by then. So it will make money and shock a lot of people... They may also use the opportunity to introduce black Adam, maybe at the end of the movie which will be acted by The rock.

no major movie ??
DC fans hoping on hopeless things

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2019
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2019
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2019
Lh19:
I won't lie Aquaman exceeded my expectations by far with the reception Justice League had and some critics trying to bring the movie down it still made a billion, my hopes was for it to make 700 million sef... But I feel if the next Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is done well it could be one of the most profitable movies WB have ever made since it's budget is just 50 million
Joker will be a success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: Raalsalghul, SMUAG(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.