Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1255731 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

IMO, DC should cast a John stewart black green lantern just like in the JL animations.

That guy was strong, ruthless and had no time for bullshit.

People also loved his romance with hawk girl.
The green lantern corps movie is said to be about hal and Stewart.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 4:57am On Feb 07, 2019
Nova15:

That Robert guy isn't bad either. He has that brooding Bruce Wayne look.
He looks too pretty boy for the role. He'll look like some emo Bruce Wayne and I don't think anybody wants that. Bruce has more of a gritty man's man look. And Hammer is the only one who fits there, IMO.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 6:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
He looks too pretty boy for the role. He'll look like some emo Bruce Wayne and I don't think anybody wants that. Bruce has more of a gritty man's man look. And Hammer is the only one who fits there, IMO.
well,Stewart is a great on his own though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:26am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I have read it before, it doesn't show anything Zack Snyder did to Aquaman movie.

James wan only showed synder some of the movie cuts, storyboard and screenings to synder to make sure that it was in line with what he originally wanted. Synder after that gave his blessings. Nothing more.

So it was more of a respect thing

I am sure if the Aquaman movie was a flop, you guys would have excluded synder from having anything to do with the movie.

Well, success they say, has many fathers.

As for me, synder is not needed.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/zack-snyder-helped-james-wan-fix-aquaman-justice-league/amp/

That is your opinion and I guess I also have mine. I never anticipated Aquaman to flop in any case, infact, there was no way it could have flopped. Yes, Snyder contributions to Aquaman and Wonder Woman should never be diminished. He built up the Aquaman character from BVS and JOSStice League. Heck, a number of the creative choices James Wan made on Aquaman is a follow-up from Snyder's BVS and JOSStice league. Again, it was Snyder that gave Patty Jenkins the idea to connect Wonder Woman and BVS with a single picture. Say what you want, making Zack Snyder a producer on Suicide Squad is an excellent choice considering that He and James Gunn both worked on "Dawn of the Dead" together in 2004. Shazam will be the only movie where Snyder is not involved, we shall see how that turns out in a few months. .. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
The only tangible option there is Armie Hammer. The rest shouldn't even be given a second thought. Since Chris Evans' contract with Marvel is done, WB could sign him on. He may not be as young as they're looking for but he's not a bad option.
noooooooo don't use my captain America
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 07, 2019
Topmaike007:
I pray so Oo,and moreover is Titans still showing or they have cancelled it cos it is still in episode 11
cancelled grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 07, 2019
BlackManta:

The next Green Lantern movie will revolve around not one hero but a group of heroes....like GOTG.
So we will see Hal and Stewart together on screen for the first time.

The movie was titled Green Lantern Corps and Geoff Johns is writing the script.

It's one of those upcoming DC movies that will release in 2021/2022 along with Flash, New Gods or Black Adam.
TheKingishere see evidence
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Haba, season one has finished na.

Season two will continue later this year.

They can't cancel Titans. It was one of the best if not the best DC TV series of 2018
Gotham is better than that piece of trash. The Starfire is so lipsrsealed, DC just like spoiling their characters on TV

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Hal Jordan doesn't have that strong will compared to John Stewart. Also, Hal Jordan worships Batman. That part always pisses me off.

I said it these DC fans don't read comics
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:41am On Feb 07, 2019
TonySpike:

That is your opinion and I guess I also have mine. I never anticipated Aquaman to flop in any case, infact, there was no way it could have flopped. Yes, Snyder contributions to Aquaman and Wonder Woman should never be diminished. He built up the Aquaman character from BVS and JOSStice League. Heck, a number of the creative choices James Wan made on Aquaman is a follow-up from Snyder's BVS and JOSStice league. Again, it was Snyder that gave Patty Jenkins the idea to connect Wonder Woman and BVS with a single picture. Say what you want, making Zack Snyder a producer on Suicide Squad is an excellent choice considering that He and James Gunn both worked on "Dawn of the Dead" together in 2004. Shazam will be the only movie where Snyder is not involved, we shall see how that turns out in a few months. .. grin

Synder had no contributions in the Aquaman movie he only contributed to the Aquaman character that's why he was given an end credit scene. Nothing more. No need for further debate.

As for Shazam, I won't be surprised when the movie ends up being a success, synder fans will say that he contributed to it too.
cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2019
hulk616:
Gotham is better than that piece of trash. The Starfire is so lipsrsealed, DC just like spoiling their characters on TV

Focus more on marvel that is just cancelling all their TV series cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Focus more on marvel that is just cancelling all their TV series cheesy
you too focus more on DC cancelling movies like JL 2, cyborg, flash, green lantern 2021, lobo, plastic man,

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2019
hulk616:
you too focus more on DC cancelling movies like JL 2, cyborg, flash, green lantern 2021, lobo, plastic man,

We are taking about TV series you are mentioning movies. undecided

I hope you know marvel has several cancelled movies too?

https://screenrant.com/marvel-canceled-movies-unreleased/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Synder had no contributions in the Aquaman movie he only contributed to the Aquaman character that's why he was given an end credit scene. Nothing more. No need for further debate.

As for Shazam, I won't be surprised when the movie ends up being a success, synder fans will say that he contributed to it too.
cheesy
I will leave you to read this on the roles of executive producers. I don't have time to be arguing back and forth. Bye bye.

Executive Producers

What do Executive Producers do?
The role of the Executive Producer is to oversee the work of the producer on behalf of the studio, the financiers or the distributors. They will ensure the film is completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards. An Executive Producer may be a producer who has raised a significant proportion of a film's finance, or who has secured the underlying rights to the project. In major productions, the Executive Producer may be a representative or CEO of the film studio. In smaller companies or independent projects they may be the creator or writer.Typically, Executive Producers are not involved in the technical aspects of the filmmaking process, but have played a crucial financial or creative role in ensuring that the project goes into production. There may be several Executive Producers on a film who may take the lead role in a number of areas, such as development, financing or production.

Executive Producers must be excellent negotiators. They need a keen business sense, and an intimate knowledge of all aspects of film production, financing, marketing and distribution.

http://www.media-match.com/usa/media/jobtypes/executive-producer-jobs-405700.php
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

We are taking about TV series you are mentioning movies. undecided

I hope you know marvel has several cancelled movies too?

https://screenrant.com/marvel-canceled-movies-unreleased/
useless article. DC promised, fixed a date etc but nothing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2019
TonySpike:

I will leave you to read this on the roles of executive producers. I don't have time to be arguing back and forth. Bye bye.

http://www.media-match.com/usa/media/jobtypes/executive-producer-jobs-405700.php

You are the one bringing unnecessary arguments here.
Zack synder was only given a credit executive producer mention because of his previous work on the Aquaman character not the Aquaman movie.

If I may ask, from the link and post you provided, which function did synder play in the Aquaman movie as an executive producer?

Even WB wasn't happy James wan went to show synder some cuts and scene of the movie. Tell us why they weren't happy for that if synder had a major role (executive producer) played in it?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nova15: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:

He has excelled in dark roles e.g twilight. Therefore he'll excel as Bruce wayne
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2019
hulk616:
cancelled grin
not cancelled..and pls leave our universe or else I send indigo tribe to arrest you now angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

You are the one bringing unnecessary arguments here.
Zack synder was only given a credit executive producer mention because of his previous work on the Aquaman character not the Aquaman movie.

If I may ask, from the link and post you provided, which function did synder play in the Aquaman movie as an executive producer?

Even WB wasn't happy James wan went to show synder some cuts and scene of the movie. Tell us why they weren't happy for that if synder had a major role (executive producer) played in it?
you get time to dey answer them oo
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
The only tangible option there is Armie Hammer. The rest shouldn't even be given a second thought. Since Chris Evans' contract with Marvel is done, WB could sign him on. He may not be as young as they're looking for but he's not a bad option.
Nah, I disagree. Rather than go with Chris Evans, they should go with Robert Pattinson.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
Armie Hammer is somehow pretty too. One name that is being thrown around but too old is Wes Bentley. The guy's look is suiting to bruce wayne.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2019
TonySpike:

Your Snyder fetish is disgusting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2019
Nova15:

He has excelled in dark roles e.g twilight. Therefore he'll excel as Bruce wayne
I don't know what you mean by excel because Twilight wasn't even that deep a movie series. Just your basic supernatural high school romance for teenage girls to fantasize about. You can't compare Edward Cullen to Bruce Wayne. If we're talking the acting chops, I still don't trust Pattinson to deliver. He might be good but I don't think he's Batman good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2019
TonySpike:

you are right bro!! I just don't understand all the hate Zack is getting.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Nah, I disagree. Rather than go with Chris Evans, they should go with Robert Pattinson.
Free your mind from hate, Ra'as. Chris Evans would make an awesome Batman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Your Snyder fetish is disgusting.
Your anti-Snyder fetish is even worse
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
TonySpike:

Your anti-Snyder fetish is even worse
Nah it isn't. I've always praised him when it comes to visuals, casting and costumes.
You however, don't believe anything good thing can come out of D.C without Snyder's input. Pity undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
Free your mind from hate, Ra'as. Chris Evans would make an awesome Batman.
I don't want anything from Marvel to come D.C.
Personally, I believe WB should cast an unknown and support him with an A-list supporting cast.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
I don't know what you mean by excel because Twilight wasn't even that deep a movie series. Just your basic supernatural high school romance for teenage girls to fantasize about. You can't compare Edward Cullen to Bruce Wayne. If we're talking the acting chops, I still don't trust Pattinson to deliver. He might be good but I don't think he's Batman good.
I suggest you check out his low-budget films. Dude is a great actor and young as well. I wouldn't use Twilight as a yardstick for gauging his talents. Though I agree he's somewhat too pretty for the role.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I don't want anything from Marvel to come D.C.
Personally, I believe WB should cast an unknown and support him with an A-list supporting cast.
How about Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau? He's not unknown but he's not A-list too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
Kaycee7:
How about Nikolaj Coster-Waldeau? He's not unknown but he's not A-list too.
Decent actor but too old. Older than Ben Affleck
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I suggest you check out his low-budget films. Dude is a great actor and young as well. I wouldn't use Twilight as a yardstick for gauging his talents. Though I agree he's somewhat too pretty for the role.
I'll take your word for it then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.