Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1228288 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xavier5:

MY SHAZAM BOX OFFICE PREDICTION:

MINIMUM: $500M
MAXIMUM: $950M

10% Probability Of It Grossing Over 1$B Because Of HellBoy And Avengers: Endgame But A 100% Probability Of It Grossing Between My Prediction.

MY ANTICIPATED MOVIES THIS MONTH ACCORDING TO PREFERENCE:

1.) Shazam.
2.) Avengers: Endgame.
3.) HellBoy.

But One Thing Is Sure, Shazam Is Gearing Up To Become The Most Profitable Movie Of 2019. It Might End Up Being The One That Will Pave The Path Of Success For Low Budgeted Super Hero Movies Just Like Dark Knight And Wonder Woman Did For Superhero And Superheroine Movies.

SHAZAM, LET'S GO THERE. WE DIE HERE. TICK TOK.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
#Just_Say_The_Word. #Shazam.
hahahahahahaha 950M next joke please. All the people that usually help DC watch their movies are busy waiting of Endgame grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xavier5:

MY SHAZAM BOX OFFICE PREDICTION:

MINIMUM: $500M
MAXIMUM: $950M

10% Probability Of It Grossing Over 1$B Because Of HellBoy And Avengers: Endgame But A 100% Probability Of It Grossing Between My Prediction.

MY ANTICIPATED MOVIES THIS MONTH ACCORDING TO PREFERENCE:

1.) Shazam.
2.) Avengers: Endgame.
3.) HellBoy.

But One Thing Is Sure, Shazam Is Gearing Up To Become The Most Profitable Movie Of 2019. It Might End Up Being The One That Will Pave The Path Of Success For Low Budgeted Super Hero Movies Just Like Dark Knight And Wonder Woman Did For Superhero And Superheroine Movies.

SHAZAM, LET'S GO THERE. WE DIE HERE. TICK TOK.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
#Just_Say_The_Word. #Shazam.
I agree with Wonder Woman paving the way for female superhero movies but how did The Dark Knight pave the way for superhero movies?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
shazam will gross between 600-700 million.....which is a huge success for a 90mil budget
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
pu7pl3:
shazam will gross between 600-700 million.....which is a huge success for a 90mil budget
Never
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
hulk616:
Never

Lol...i would really love to see you try and stop it grin

It would be like watching ironman try to fight against steel... Even when in that his hot head he knows steel would whoop him angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

It would be like watching ironman try to fight against steel angry
which steel? Is that box office failure called Man of Steel
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

It would be like watching ironman try to fight against steel... Even when in that his hot head he knows steel would whoop him angry
Henry steel undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
hulk616:
which steel? Is that box office failure called Man of Steel

Man of steel wasnt a box office failure first of all

And i wasnt talking about supes...na just freeze breath go kill iron man...infact its an insult to put them in a fight sef

I was talking about john henry irons alter ego steel...the one with the huge rocket mallet
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
hulk616:
Henry steel undecided

Yea
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

Yea
Henry steel will beat iron Man hahahahah next joke please.

Superman is easy to beat just carry kryptonite
But for steel, iron Man is faster, more equipped, more intelligent.
It's an insult to compare iron Man with steel

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xavier5:
Joker Trailer Just Dropped Guys......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

Two Words, Jokerishly Epic.

The Joker's Evolutionary Trend:
Passion -----> Tragedy -----> Psychotic.

It's Time To Hahahahahahahahaha.

Cc Raalsalghul, saviTar, , Philfearon, TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, BlackManta, eyedea, TonySpike, Laurene, iuwe, IAmSabrina.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
#Awaiting_The_Joker_Awakening.
#Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Mixed feelings on this one...
Most films from the director are of middling quality.
Only thing that gives me hope on this is Joaquin Phoenix.
But y'all shouldn't expect a sequel.
Phoenix isn't a franchise guy.
This is a one and done thing.
Folks are speculating that the kid might be Bruce Wayne.
Heck, is there any possibility that WB might link this to the Batman?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:

I agree with Wonder Woman paving the way for female superhero movies but how did The Dark Knight pave the way for superhero movies?

By being the first superhero movie to gross over $1B thus launching the CBM golden era. Check before, TDK, superhero movies weren't doing well financially. But after the TDK, superhero started doing well financially, as a matter of fact the Superhero genre became the most successful genre in the movie industry.

By being the first to gross over $1B, TDK attracted audience towards superhero movie thus paving a way for it's success or in other words, it paved the way for the CBM golden era.

Got it now.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Mixed feelings on this one...
Most films from the director are of middling quality.
Only thing that gives me hope on this is Joaquin Phoenix.
But y'all shouldn't expect a sequel.
Phoenix isn't a franchise guy.
This is a one and done thing.
Folks are speculating that the kid might be Bruce Wayne.
Heck, is there any possibility that WB might link this to the Batman?

According To Wikipedia, The Producers say, Joker isn't going to have a sequel. It's just a one time stand alone movie but they are gearing to start up a DC Movies franchise that isn't part of the DCEU if the movie is a success.

I think so, because the kid was behind a metal gate and the gate looks like that of a mansion.

PS: Thomas Wayne will be aspiring for the position of mayor of Gotham City.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
#Awaiting_The_Joker_Awakening.
#Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
Xavier5:

By being the first superhero movie to gross over $1B thus launching the CBM golden era. Check before, TDK, superhero movies weren't doing well financially. But after the TDK, superhero started doing well financially, as a matter of fact the Superhero genre became the most successful genre in the movie industry.

By being the first to gross over $1B, TDK attracted audience towards superhero movie thus paving a way for it's success or in other words, it paved the way for the CBM golden era.

Got it now.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
I'd argue that Spider-Man (2002) & X-Men (2000) were the movies to kickstart the superhero movie craze in Hollywood and give superheroes the rep they have now on the big screen. You say TDK was the first to gross a billion at the box office but Spider-Man '02 was the first movie ever (not just CBMs o!) to gross more than a 100 million dollars on opening weekend. Its' record as highest grossing solo superhero origin movie was a record it held for 15 good years before Wonder Woman dethroned it; and WW didn't even last for a year before Black Panther & now Captain Marvel passed it! Spiderman really kicked it off with the mainstream audience. I don't think any superhero prior to it had that much hype. Earning $821M in 2002 ain't an easy feat. Blade and X-Men had strong returns, but Raimi's flick was the biggest movie of its year. You could argue Marvel is still chasing the Raimi model with the first two Spider-Man films, which were primary colors and cheerful and uptempo while still featuring fucking rock-solid storytelling.

I could also take the long perspective and say the original Superman movie way back in the late 1970's. That film paved the way for some sequels as well as the Tim Burton Batman films. Marvel took a while to react. Maybe because the studio execs weren't sure if enough people would go see a movie based on Marvel characters? Then Blade came out in 1998 and Xmen in 2000 ...and then the flood.

Forgive me for the length. I can't help myself sometimes cry

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani6666: 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Well, that's like your opinion tho.

I think the general consensus in the superhero community is that Wonder Woman shits on Venom all the way from the mountain top....

Maybe that's just the consensus in the DC community alone, which is obviously based on bias... Venom as subpar as it was it had a few decent scenes

Wonder Woman was just pure Garbage from start to finish... Worst Superhero movie I have ever seen by far

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions...and that is just my Opinion... WW is simply an abomination, and I would never recommend that movie to my enemy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
hulk616:
Henry steel will beat iron Man hahahahah next joke please.

Superman is easy to beat just carry kryptonite
But for steel, iron Man is faster, more equipped, more intelligent.
It's an insult to compare iron Man with steel

now i know you really have a great career in stand up comedy...

I wont even reply ur superman comment cos its just naive thinking which is usual for you...

Steel will dismantle any version of iron man possible with that mallet tech alone and thats not even speculation...iron man is not even faster than that mallet talk more of being faster than steel himself who filled in for supes when doomsday killed him

Meanwhile some big fool above me is showcasing his foolishness and comparing wonder woman and venom in terms of quality...talmbout a few decent scenes undecided Really? The only thing that saved that movie from being a total failure was tom hardy's charisma..oh and eminem and he wasnt even in the movie angry

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
pu7pl3:

I wont even reply ur superman comment cos its just naive thinking which is usual for you...

Steel will dismantle any version of iron man possible with that mallet tech alone and thats not even speculation...iron man is not even faster than that mallet talk more of being faster than steel himself who filled in for supes when doomsday killed him

Meanwhile some big fool above me is showcasing his foolishness and comparing wonder woman and venom in terms of quality...talmbout a few decent scenes undecided Really? The only thing that saved that movie from being a total failure was tom hardy's charisma..oh and eminem and he wasnt even in the movie angry
Lol, you are so on point.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
UPDATE on Shazam!

Aquaman showed up to support his partner at the cinemas.

Hope you guys are ready?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
Box office tracking and predictions has increased a bit but like I always advice, remember that it is a low budget movie.

However, lots of fans came out to watch Shazam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
nani6666:

Maybe that's just the consensus in the DC community alone, which is obviously based on bias... Venom as subpar as it was it had a few decent scenes

Wonder Woman was just pure Garbage from start to finish... Worst Superhero movie I have ever seen by far

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions...and that is just my Opinion... WW is simply an abomination, and I would never recommend that movie to my enemy
speak of rotten t0matoes all of a sudden chang!ng their audience review meter just becos of captain marvel forgeting star wars the last jedi fell prey to what captain marvel fell prey to, and they did n0th!ng till a week to a certain m0vie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
UPDATE on Shazam!

Hope you guys are ready?

men this pic has me licking my lips for the next ensemble cast dc movie cheesy (it may not be justice league)

All our guys are ballerz....i mean studs grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Box office tracking and predictions has increased a bit but like I always advice, remember that it is a low budget movie.

The faith i have in this movie is toomuch cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 05, 2019
pu7pl3:

seriously guy iron Man will beat steel. Iron Man has suit that can hold the hulk, he has suit that absorbs kinetic energy, lightning etc. This match up is too easy for Ironman
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
UPDATE on Shazam!

Hope you guys are ready?
ready to drop the full plot by tomorrow angry
Apologise before it's too late
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I like the fact that you are giving excuse for it's potential failure. That an improvement from DC fans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 05, 2019
pu7pl3:

The faith i have in this movie is toomuch cry
and the failure will be painful cry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Mark my words...

Shazam will earn more than its $90m budget in the next three days.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2019
IAmSabrina:

I'd argue that Spider-Man (2002) & X-Men (2000) were the movies to kickstart the superhero movie craze in Hollywood and give superheroes the rep they have now on the big screen. You say TDK was the first to gross a billion at the box office but Spider-Man '02 was the first movie ever (not just CBMs o!) to gross more than a 100 million dollars on opening weekend. Its' record as highest grossing solo superhero origin movie on opening weekend was a record it held for 15 good years before Wonder Woman dethroned it; and WW didn't even last for a year before Black Panther & now Captain Marvel passed it! Spiderman really kicked it off with the mainstream audience. I don't think any superhero prior to it had that much hype. Earning $821M in 2002 ain't an easy feat. Blade and X-Men had strong returns, but Raimi's flick was the biggest movie of its year. You could argue Marvel is still chasing the Raimi model with the first two Spider-Man films, which were primary colors and cheerful and uptempo while still featuring fucking rock-solid storytelling.

I could also take the long perspective and say the original Superman movie way back in the late 1970's. That film paved the way for some sequels as well as the Tim Burton Batman films. Marvel took a while to react. Maybe because the studio execs weren't sure if enough people would go see a movie based on Marvel characters? Then Blade came out in 1998 and Xmen in 2000 ...and then the flood.

Forgive me for the length. I can't help myself sometimes cry

This is brilliant. It's comments like this that really enthralls me. You just took me down memory lane. You know your history baby girl. Nice one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:01am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
and the failure will be painful cry
Joker: put on a happy face.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 9:03am On Apr 05, 2019
nani6666:

To be honest I really didn't like Wonder Woman as well. I also felt it was garbage. A discombobulated mess from start to finish, though peppered with a few decent scenes.

The third act was the icing on the pile of crap.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2019
BlackManta:

Mark my words...

Shazam will earn more than its $90m budget in the next three days.

Am not disputing it but I noticed that a lot of people expect it to make almost the same money like Aquaman forgetting the fact that it is a low budget movie and its character/actor is relatively unknown.

I have gone through background checks and made comparisons with other low budget superhero movies (in their debut) and the only low budget superhero movie that made it above the $700m mark for its debut was deadpool and that's because deadpool is an already known character.

The likes of Thor, antman , iron man, captain America had a far higher budget ($130- $200m) but still failed to hit the $700m mark in their debut despite being known superhero characters. In fact, they fell between $300m-$500m range in their first debut despite their huge budget.

So, it is a safe bet to put Shazam below $700m total for it's debut and low budget.

Preferably $400m- $500m if I use ironman and antman stat and around $350m using Thor stat....(I didn't want to say this initially, so that some people won't come at me)...I might be wrong though. All na prediction.

**modified** I forgot to add venom which made over $800m on its debut but take note that its character is known.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.