Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,475 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1228760 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
ready to drop the full plot by tomorrow angry
Apologise before it's too late

grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2019
BlackManta:

Mark my words...

Shazam will earn more than its $90m budget in the next three days.
bookmarked grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 05, 2019
waywardpikin:

To be honest I really didn't like Wonder Woman as well. I also felt it was garbage. A discombobulated mess from start to finish, though peppered with a few decent scenes.

The third act was the icing on the pile of crap.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Am not disputing it but I noticed that a lot of people expect it to make almost the same money like Aquaman forgetting the fact that it is a low budget movie and its character/actor is relatively unknown.

I have gone through background checks and made comparisons with other low budget superhero movies (in their debut) and the only low budget superhero movie that made it above the $700m mark for its debut was deadpool and that's because deadpool is an already known character.

The likes of Thor, antman , iron man, captain America had a far higher budget ($130- $200m) but still failed to hit the $700m mark in their debut despite being known superhero characters. In fact, they fell between $300m-$500m range in their first debut despite their huge budget.

So, it is a safe bet to put Shazam below $700m total for it's debut and low budget.

Preferably $400m- $500m if I use ironman and antman stat and around $350m using Thor stat....(I didn't want to say this initially, so that some people won't come at me)...I might be wrong though. All na prediction.

**modified** I forgot to add venom which made over $800m on its debut but take note that its character is known.
Good one TheKingIsHere good one
i m impressed grin grin grin

but 250M will be more accurate grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Am not disputing it but I noticed that a lot of people expect it to make almost the same money like Aquaman forgetting the fact that it is a low budget movie and its character/actor is relatively unknown.

I have gone through background checks and made comparisons with other low budget superhero movies (in their debut) and the only low budget superhero movie that made it above the $700m mark for its debut was deadpool and that's because deadpool is an already known character.

The likes of Thor, antman , iron man, captain America had a far higher budget ($130- $200m) but still failed to hit the $700m mark in their debut despite being known superhero characters. In fact, they fell between $300m-$500m range in their first debut despite their huge budget.

So, it is a safe bet to put Shazam below $700m total for it's debut and low budget.

Preferably $400m- $500m if I use ironman and antman stat and around $350m using Thor stat....(I didn't want to say this initially, so that some people won't come at me)...I might be wrong though. All na prediction

Your analysis is spot on...
However, there is nothing that stops a $90m low budget movie in this age making a billion dollars+ at the Box anyway. It won't be a first time a low budget movie hit it big at the box office. Deadpool apart;

1) Slumdog Millionaire - budget = $15m
BO= $377m

2) The Conjuring - budget = $20m
BO = $318m

3) The Blair Witch Project - Budget = $60k
BO = $248m.

The only problem i have with WB/DC is that Shazam should have been released last week!

The reason is obvious; but who knows!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2019
philfearon:

However, there is nothing that stops a $90m low budget movie in this age making a billion dollars+ at the Box anyway. It won't be a first time a low budget movie hit it big at the box office. Deadpool apart;

BO= $377m

BO = $318m

BO = $248m.

The only problem i have with WB/DC is that Shazam should have been released last week!

more excuses for DC fans grin grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:27am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:

more excuses for DC fans grin grin grin grin
is it just DC you hate or what? I haven't seen any dc fan hating on marvel like u folks do. Well, i speak for myself.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2019
philfearon:

BO= $377m

BO = $318m

BO = $248m.

Thanks.

I actually agree that Shazam should have been released last week to give it atleast 4 weeks in the cinema before endgame starts. Well, its break even point is $230m, so let's watch as we enter the weekend box office premiere
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:44am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
Good one TheKingIsHere good one
i m impressed grin grin grin

but 250M will be more accurate grin grin

Its break even point is $230m, so anything above that is good but its going to make above that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2019
Minemrys:

is it just DC you hate or what? I haven't seen any dc fan hating on marvel like u folks do. Well, i speak for myself.

Lol, he is a closet DC fan, he has already bought his Shazam ticket
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 05, 2019
Minemrys:

you cant hate beautiful things (Marvel)
but hating trash(DC) should be normal but it seems not be true with DC FANS

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, he is a closet DC fan, he has already bought his Shazam ticket
Having shazam ticket doesnt mean i m a DC fan. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Thanks.

I actually agree that Shazam should have been released last week to give it atleast 4 weeks in the cinema before endgame starts. Well, its break even point is $230m, so let's watch as we enter the weekend box office premiere
Yes o.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
you cant hate beautiful things (Marvel)
but hating trash(DC) should be normal but it seems not be true with DC FANS
Spoken like a true DC closet fan...weldone sir.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:35am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
Having shazam ticket doesnt mean i m a DC fan. undecided
The fact that i a DC fan don't have a ticket yet speaks volume of u a DC hater having a ticket days before me. Seems u love trash m0re than we do seeing as u are willing to smell it 1st.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2019
austine5n6:

Spoken like a true DC closet fan...weldone sir.
i said i hate trash angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2019
Minemrys:

The fact that i a DC fan don't have a ticket yet speaks volume of u a DC hater having a ticket days before me. Seems u love trash m0re than we do seeing as u are willing to smell it 1st.
i bought it because i m going out with my friends if i m not watching that potential trash
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:53am On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
i bought it because i m going out with my friends if i m not watching that potential trash
there's always an excuse. U should've saved the m0ney for endgame.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
Minemrys:

there's always an excuse. U should've saved the m0ney for endgame.
I have been saving for endgame after watching infinty war on 27 april, 2018. i said it before i m watching endgame 10 times 5 -- IMAX and 5 --- 3D
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
seriously guy iron Man will beat steel. Iron Man has suit that can hold the hulk, he has suit that absorbs kinetic energy, lightning etc. This match up is too easy for Ironman

Man i know you wont budge grin but seriously steel would wreck ironman...this is the guy that built a battery pack for flash so that he can still use the speed force when he was in the marvel universe during a dc vs marvel crossover...

And notice how i said any version of ironmans suit cos his standard gear wont even cut it in this matchup but bruh even with his hulbuster and thorbuster armour(which were both defeated respectively) steel would still beat him
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
I have been saving for endgame after watching infinty war on 27 april, 2018. i said it before i m watching endgame 10 times 5 -- IMAX and 5 --- 3D

Lmao grin this guy is mad grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
and the failure will be painful cry

Smh....You need the wisdom of solomon in your life bruh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
i hope you know there's an iron man suit capable of busting planets and can take on celestials,stark also has ziran armour,phoenix buster undecided

iron man is far above steel

pu7pl3:

Man i know you wont budge grin but seriously steel would wreck ironman...this is the guy that built a battery pack for flash so that he can still use the speed force when he was in the marvel universe during a dc vs marvel crossover...

And notice how i said any version of ironmans suit cos his standard gear wont even cut it in this matchup but bruh even with his hulbuster and thorbuster armour(which were both defeated respectively) steel would still beat him
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
pu7pl3:

what is so special about building battery pack for speed force so many has done it.
Superior iron Man will destroy steel.
If you don't know Superior iron Man Google Endo sym armor.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
MJBOLT:
i hope you know there's an iron man suit capable of busting planets and can take on celestials,stark also has ziran armour,phoenix buster undecided

even sorcerer supreme suit enchanted by the vishanti
And uru suit made of the material for thors hammer
The guy does not know iron Man
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:
what is so special about building battery pack for speed force so many has done it.
Superior iron Man will destroy steel.
If you don't know Superior iron Man Google Endo sym armor.

How many people have done it? This is a guy that rebuilt the place of solitude for supes and made it better...

Endo sym would only give dude a fighting chance
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
MJBOLT:

Steel also has planet buster tech...and oh please what can the phoenix buster do to steel...something it wasnt specified for...e go spoil
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
hulk616:

On the contrary you dont know steel...the fact that he isnt popular doesnt mean he cant hang comfortably with the dc heavy hitters...talk more of mr alcholic undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
can his suit take on celestials undecided

pu7pl3:

Steel also has planet buster tech...and oh please what can the phoenix buster do to steel...something it wasnt specified for...e go spoil
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
this is the first time i'm seeing anybody compare iron man to steel on the internet,the power levels between them is too wide

hulk616:
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
pu7pl3:

How many people have done it? This is a guy that rebuilt the place of solitude for supes and made it better...

Endo sym would only give dude a fighting chance
iron Man rebuilt Asgard and made a machine that stops magic undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
pu7pl3:

On the contrary you dont know steel...the fact that he isnt popular doesnt mean he cant hang comfortably with the dc heavy hitters...talk more of mr alcholic undecided
guy when you don't know something the best thing to do is ask the greatest teacher - Google. But I don't know why you are not doing that. undecided
How can you even compare Phoenix buster, sorcerer supreme suit and uru suit to Henry steel.
This comparison is like rape . It's not fair

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.