Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232805 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by iamJ(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2019
Raalsalghul:
It's not about quantity but quality. D.C needs to produce 3 classic comic book movies that will outdo 20 forgettable Marvel flicks BvS is the first one.
did you butt press that

BvS a classic movie?

In which universe?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by iamJ(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2019
Minemrys:

Doing successfully as expected...no bribes, no over the top ads or promotion...just two trailers and a few stills and it's grossed half a 500 million sum...tell me how much the first antman cost to make and how much it made with all the promotions disney did...
500m

Why not say under 270m, which 1 is over half of 500m

Who are you deceiving?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
500m

Who are you deceiving?
259million grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2019
Raalsalghul:
It's not about quantity but quality. D.C needs to produce 3 classic comic book movies that will outdo 20 forgettable Marvel flicks. BvS is the first one.
this joke is just amazing grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
if I hear?

If you always bent the knee for marvel we will have ended this war since

But you guys were trying to put up a fight

Shazam was your last stick

War is over, DC is a flop

Enjoying the trolling
the war have been over since the release of Man of Trash grin grin grin
We marvel fans are just helping DC to remain relevant

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2019
Spoiler alert!
How come Captain America is wielding Thor's Mjlnior in Endgame? I thought Hela destroyed it.
Time-travelling?!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2019
SMUAG:
Spoiler alert!
How come Captain America is wielding Thor's Mjlnior in Endgame? I thought Hela destroyed it.
Time-travelling?!

Please let's avoid posting spoilers.

Tnx
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
500m

Who are you deceiving?
and it's grossed "half" a 500 million sum go back and read again what i posted.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:17am On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
if I hear?

If you always bent the knee for marvel we will have ended this war since

But you guys were trying to put up a fight

Shazam was your last stick

War is over, DC is a flop

Enjoying the trolling
flop is Marvel's incredible hulk that couldn't make twice its budget hence the lack of faith in producing a hulk film since 2008. Oh wait, there's a shazam and aquaman sequel c0ming and a black adam spin off. Flops d0n't spawn films i.e incredible hulk. Marvel couldn't use any other actor fr0m the franchise aside Secretary Ross. Lol. The war's c0ming. And we are bring!ng the wrath of the 7 seas with us!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by myseyf(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2019
SMUAG:
Spoiler alert!
Time-travelling?!
Hi, do you have more spoilers for end game? Please post it and the video source too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2019
Minemrys:

flop is Marvel's incredible hulk that couldn't make twice its budget hence the lack of faith in producing a hulk film since 2008. Oh wait, there's a shazam and aquaman sequel c0ming and a black adam spin off. Flops d0n't spawn films i.e incredible hulk. Marvel couldn't use any other actor fr0m the franchise aside Secretary Ross. Lol. The war's c0ming. And we are bring!ng the wrath of the 7 seas with us!
am with you on this one
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2019
myseyf:

Hi, do you have more spoilers for end game? Please post it and the video source too.

Go and create another thread so you can get spoilers
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2019
I never knew Fawcett was a real school....Hmmmmm

Also, the detective at the school in the movie, Detective Moran was gotten from the name of the chairman of school board of education. Wow!!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2019
Minemrys:

Google the reasons
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
I never knew Fawcett was a real school....Hmmmmm

Also, the detective at the school, Detective Moran was gotten from the name of the chairman of school board of education. Wow!!
hmmmm
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:
hmmmm

Was surprised when I saw it too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2019
Topmaike007:
am with you on this one
But hulk has made more money than superman and batman in the DCEU
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:
But hulk has made more money than superman and batman in the DCEU
you need to be ban for this mumu talk
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:
Google the reasons
lol, right when it suits u, i google it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2019
SPOILER! SPOILER!! SPOILER!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy.
So Marvel has begun privately screening the first 20-30 minutes or so of this film to select groups of people in my area. Most of what they’ve shown to anyone was in house or to critics until recently.

I won’t say more than that other than I personally know someone who was selected that was able to get me in there as well. This is way too long to post in here but whatever. Yes, I took notes. Here goes.
The movie opens to the harsh continuous beep of an emergency broadcast over the Marvel Studios logo. Same one from the Antman and the Wasp post-credits scene reading “THIS IS NOT A TEST. THERE IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN EFFECT. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.”

Whole screen is a shot of that for a few seconds. Cut to the Barton farm. Clint is away from the family picnic teaching his daughter some archery. He jokes that the 30th time is the charm, to stay steady and not even think about it. She nails the center of the target. He and his daughter have a funny back and forth about who the better archer will be when she gets a better trainer. Clint turns his back to her for a moment expecting a response to his quip.

He turns back around, and she isn’t there. Clint looks amused for a second. He calls out her name, looks behind the tree. Nothing. He quickly begins to panic, asking his wife if she’s seen her, that she was just with him. Laura has no clue. They frantically search around the house to no avail.

Clint turns to see his two younger sons reduced to ash in front of him. Clint runs out of the room to Laura who also slowly turns to ash in his arms. Clint, in utter shock, walks into the living room where the tv is blaring the aforementioned emergency broadcast. “THIS IS NOT A TEST.”

Back on Earth, Wakandans mourn their lost loved ones. We get a pretty emotional sequence there. The remaining Avengers gather themselves in the lab that was used to protect Vision in IW. Shuri has been dusted obviously. Okoye vows to do whatever she can to help them. Their wounds are attended to. Banner sits in stunned silence as does Rhodey. Rocket holds back tears.

Thor groans that he “had him.” Cap responds that it’s no one’s fault and that they have to get back home, regroup, and try to find whoever’s left. That they can still help. Natasha ponders what they could’ve done differently, to which Rhodey responds “it doesn’t matter now, we lost.” Thor also mentions that while he regrets not going for the kill, he still managed to hurt Thanos badly.

Bruce is given all the information Shuri collected on Vision and the mind stone before they head out, but it’s said to be encrypted.

Cut to Tony and Pepper in a massive church standing in front of each other on the altar in full wedding getup. This entire scene plays very dreamlike, kind of unsettling.

All the Avengers, including those who were snapped, sit in the pews smiling and conversing. Happy stands behind Pepper with a baby nestled in his arms, who we can only assume is Morgan. The priest reads through the usual vows. Tony smiles and says I do.

The Avengers cheer as they turn to ash. Tony looks into the crowd to see Peter die again. Happy and Morgan fade to ash as well. Tony is visibly horrified. Pepper gets dusted before she can say I do as Tony screams and we cut to him waking up from this nightmare in the Benatar, shaken.

Nebula asks if he’s ok. He brushes it off and says he just dreamt that they didn’t make it back, complains “gosh it’s cold in here.” Nebula mentions that the heaters stopped working too. Much of the ship was heavily damaged in the battle on Titan. It’s also mentioned that the ship can no longer jump travel. Something about missing parts and some coils being burnt to a crisp.

Very pseudosciencey as per usual in superhero films. From here, we jump into a relatively fun montage of Tony and Nebula passing the time playing paper football and hard at work repairing the Benatar, played to the tune of Dear Mr. Fantasy. Tony jokes if they could use some of Nebula’s parts to “speed this up.” Nebula gives Tony some sort of medicinal concoction for an infection he got from the wound in his abdomen.

This is the opening sequence critics got to see last week. I’m assuming the rest was obviously deliberately cut out for those screenings. Some scenes for this screening may have been cut or reshuffled as well.

Tony and Nebula manage to get the heaters back up but fail to restore jump travel. They are quickly running out of food, water, and oxygen as mentioned in the trailers. The montage ends as we cut to New York. Desolate. Shots of looters and protesters. A guy holding up a sign of some bible verse while yelling that there is still time to repent. Most of the remaining Avengers are present in the facility, save Thor and Rocket. Bruce studies Fury’s pager as they surround him.

Natasha mentions it was recovered by police and brought to them, along with some of Fury’s other belongings. They had no idea what or who it was for and that it kept turning on and off.
This is the problem Bruce is hoping to fix if they can bypass the battery as mentioned in the mid-credits scene for Captain Marvel. He says it’ll take him some time.

The rest of this scene is a lot of the same stuff we’ve seen from the trailers. Nat’s line about Thanos doing exactly what he said he was gonna do. That he wiped everyone out. And that they have no idea where he could possibly be. It’s also mentioned here that they’re working under the assumption that Tony is dead. Nat says Clint tried reaching out to her but has gone ghost since. She is determined to find him. Cap is willing to help while Rhodey thinks it’s better that they stick together for now. Bruce yells off-screen “Got it!” Nat quips that that wasn’t a lot of time. Bruce says he never said he would need a lot. The signal will stay on for now.
Cut back to Tony as he sits in silence on the floor of the Benatar. He is exhausted and emaciated. This where he records his message to Pepper. Sad as you can imagine. They’ve been stranded in space for weeks now, and he fully expects to die. “When I drift off, I’ll dream about you. It’s always you Pep.” Tony rummages around for clothes, throwing on a red long sleeve. He slumps into the passenger seat of the ship as Nebula walks in. He asks her if she got all that to which she responds “yeah.” Tony mentions that it feels weird “stealing” Quill’s clothes. He says something along the lines of “I saw him turn into dust. All of them. Plus we never really got along you know”. Nebula can relate. They have a funny and endearing heart to heart where Tony thanks her for her help in at least trying.

The last scene of the footage we were shown is basically just the mid-credits scene from CM. The signal from the pager finally “craps out” and they turn to see her arrive.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2019
I will continue posting spoilers from reddit and YouTube. Until Endgame is released next week. Enjoy..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 16, 2019
Topmaike007:
you need to be ban for this mumu talk

avengers -- 1.5 Billion dollars
avengers 2 --- 1.4 billion dollars
avengers 3 --- 2 billion dollars
thor 3 - 800 million dollars

using rough estimates
5.7 billions dollars
compare that with what superman and batman has made in the DCEU undecided undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 16, 2019
Minemrys:

lol, right when it suits u, i google it.
thats good
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2019
KealDrogo:
I will continue posting spoilers from reddit and YouTube. Until Endgame is released next week. Enjoy..

This is DC thread, do not post any marvel spoilers here to avoid getting banned.

Go and create a separate thread for your spoilers
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 16, 2019
KealDrogo:
undecided undecided Minemrys, TheKingIsHere and other DC fans come and see this angry
current score
DC 2 - 1 Marvel
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 10:13am On Apr 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

This is DC thread, do not post any marvel spoilers here to avoid getting banned.

Go and create a separate thread for your spoilers
Avengers Endgame Spoilers That Marvel Couldn’t Stop From Being Leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwO-3W1RUlo
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:

avengers -- 1.5 Billion dollars
avengers 2 --- 1.4 billion dollars
avengers 3 --- 2 billion dollars
thor 3 - 800 million dollars

using rough estimates
5.7 billions dollars
compare that with what superman and batman has made in the DCEU undecided undecided

You are comparing avengers films that has several superheroes to 1 Superman film and 0 Batman movies in dceu?

Are you okay upstairs? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:
undecided undecided Minemrys, TheKingIsHere and other DC fans come and see this angry
current score
DC 2 - 1 Marvel
cheesy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2019
Hulk619:
current score
DC 2 - 1 Marvel

How is he a DC fan?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2019
myseyf:

Cap was able to go toe-to-toe with their "ALMIGHTY" Mad Titan. Lol!!!
Logic: simply means Cap can beat Hulk lol!!!
Captain Marvel is carrying her traditional low-cut.
There are Pegasus in endgame.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by KealDrogo: 10:18am On Apr 16, 2019
How can you banned me from posting spoilers, while I always caption my post with "SPOILER" before posting?
You people allowed trolls to ruin the thread without ban, but I am returning the favor and you want to ban me?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

You are comparing avengers films that has several superheroes to 1 Superman film and 0 Batman movies in dceu?

Are you okay upstairs? undecided
the hulk was in all avengers movies while batman has appeared in three movies in the DCEU. but my statement was the hulk has made more money than superman and batman because he has appeared in more better and successful movies than batman and superman thats a fact !!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.