Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1255230 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2019
hulk616:
so you are asking for official mention grin
u assume am making silly argument... Go and watch the interview where petty jerkins stated why asked for the move and how she said she wish she didn't bcus she can't just wait to release the movie now cus she very excited to show us how great it is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:50am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

You are just confused.

yeah I know I am, we are talking about quality and acceptance and trust studio build over time with their movies u are talking abt the money they made. Marvel use 7 movies to build trust and now almost all their movie is making 1b DC use 7movies to make money, so who is reaping more now. Let DC and marvel drop film same day and let see the one ppl will trust enuf to go watch with money..

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:52am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

After reading the part you said Aquaman 2 has no confirmed date, I knew you are confused and just wanted to make pointless arguments.
ok u that is not confused, what's the confirm date of Aquaman 2 and the flash movie

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:54am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Ogbeni, DC has released its plans for its films...Do a little research as it is everywhere

If you cant think outside the box and do your own little research about it, then it aint their fault, neither is it mine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe
you know I could go to Wikipedia and edit it right? Show us an official date from DC or WB

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2019
pu7pl3:

I know....the dude is always shouting that DC should have used flashpoint to reboot the DCEU and that is the dumbest idea someone can ever come up with in this lifetime just beside spending your life savings on alcohol
lol guy u are funny. It's a dumb idea? But the idea have been used in comic several time to recreate timeline and undo things? Lolzzzzz u really funny sha. Same idea dozen off ppl have suggested online ? I will rather be dumb like those ppl than Be like u o, seriously

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2019
hulk616:
Wikipedia seriously
Some fans just gathered all the released dates(which might be shifted) and form a table.
No formal mention from DC.
Marvel showed their plan like a timeline.
I tire o, Wikipedia of all places

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

Lol. You need to calm down... I agree that using flashpoint storyline is definitely unwise, but then how do you think dceu will handle its continuity given the status Reeves' Batman and The Suicide Squad.
lol hep me ask him, and also help me tell me I hope he knows reveese is trying to build a Batman universe with this movie? Cus he has argued reveese Batman is also in the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:09am On Aug 18, 2019
hulk616:
is flash movie even happening?
lol, WB employed two guys to write the script for the flash movie, the flash actor said it was too comedic and he doesn't like the script, said he wanted a dark tone, WB ask him to write his, he did and after WB employed someone else to write another Script, later they said he will make it flash after the Harry Potter spin off movie. Now am hearing they arent sure he will do it.. recent I started seeing suggested pictures of actors fo a possible recast.. we don't even know if Henry carvil is still superman, and someone here is defending WB and DC as if he is working with them and have information we don't have.... Jeez
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2019
pu7pl3:

The solo movie route is a really good idea right now to establish that trust again and it is working...all the solo movies since justice League has been successful
exactly all they need to do is find a formula that works for them and it looking like they av found it... But we both know someway somehow we wanna see that inter connecting universe of DC in movies.. heard WB is pushing for bat girl next
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2019
hulk616:
successful ?
What about flopzam ?
compare with is budget and it being released btw CM and endgame it wasn't a flop, it just didn't look serious enuf for adults to really watch tgats my opinion though
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

It's in active development so yes.
are u sure?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2019
pu7pl3:

A child like you should also stop jumping into baseless conclusions and making bad unequivocal assumptions
lol yes boss
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2019
pu7pl3:

It won't mess it up cos the justice League story line was already messed up to begin with...it would be like a younger Bruce before all the justice League brouhaha

i.e. the past.....It will continue like that till there is another ensemble movie that links with the Shazam timeline which is the current timeline or perhaps batman part 2(cos it's a 3 movie series) check wonder woman for more clarity

When MCU recasted Edward Norton and Terrence Howard nobody made this much fuss...well I guess batman is the greatest
lol, u shud read Reeves statement and description about his movie, and from what u say, we would be expecting another new batman actor that will be the actor of the current Batman timeline right? A replacement for Affleck? Lol SMH so why let Affleck go if that's their plan
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:21am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

You may be right though.. I saw on some other forum that Reeves' Batman won't have any connection whatsoever with Affleck's. I have faith in Reeves to not mess it all up.
lol when I said so that Reeves Batman has no connection to DCEU they said am talking rubbish o, atleast am not the only one that saw it now.. if u research more u will even see that it is said that Reeves is building a Batman universe..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2019
hulk616:
do you agree with him?
agree? Lol guy am just tired of stating the obvious, we need a wider audience won't aren't just fanboys to make comments.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:24am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

And I asked you if DC came out to mention or officially say anything about moving WW84 to June next year?

It is common sense to note that DC doesn't come out most times to make official statements or mentions

They have mediums in which they release its news to the public.

Shikena
funny enuf they did, petty jerkins herslf had an interview that confirmed it

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Did they know of wonder woman movement from DC itself or from other media outlets? If fans can know about this detail from other media outlets, why can't you know the directions dceu has from other media outlets too?

Must DC come out to read it to you verbatim before you grasp it?

The plans of the DCEU has been released on several platforms, if you don't understand or like it, it ain't anyone's fault bro.
show us the platform. It's easy now.. no be copy and paste link or snap shot?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Why do you want to know if it's in phase 1 or 2?

Is DC marvel?

They decided to do their own thing. They don't want senseless comparison of phase 1 and phase 2 with MCU. Is there anything wrong with that?

So because they didn't say this is phase 2, it means they lack directions? Na wa!
lol their own thing u say? U forgot u already admit they tried to copy marvel cinematic universe and failed at it? U even admit it was a mistake. They stated their own thing just last year o don't comma start acting as if they already thought it Tru from the inception

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Did you say after the first 7 MCU film, you knew that they were heading for infinity wars? Bro take am easy dey lie biko.
see facts or u wanna argue with this again. Biko check dates o. 7th film was late in 2013 and announcement baby the infinity saga which was phase 2/3 was 2014, that's what we call plan and direction..... Plans are clearly stated out and from the plan u will clearly see direction

Imagine they clearly stated date in 2014 for a movie in 2019, 5years to come and they stick to it.. Bros this is what we mean by plan and direction... Not fan hoping for something

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

i replied what i wanted to reply to becos i d0n't want to go into an argument that has no positives. Yea, snyder did the dceu a great harm by listening to n0lan and making M0S in the 1st place. He did an0ther harm by agreeing to c0-ordinate a franchise when he could've g0ne the route of david fincher. I see ur main problem is snyder, but man, it's 2019 and snyder's kn0wn dceu direct0rial work was bvs and jl 2 and 3 yearz ago. He's g0ne, shouldn't we n0w see the focus point the new dceu is headed in terms of storyline? Is it still a dceu or just mixtape of standal0ne films with easter eggs as d0ne in batman and robin.
funny enuf if u read the full plan of synder for the JL and after u will be angry with WB for forcing the guy out and calling Joss whedon to comma mess it up even more... Marta was suppose to die even cyborg was gonna die and then flash will have ran back to reset things which will lead to flash point paradox... Lol and #Thekingishere said the idea of resetting the timeline with flash point is senseless.. and a director with experience had the same idea for his movie.. he is just funny sha

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:43am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

u saw the end credits with than0s ryt? What story often featured or is than0s m0st fam0us for? Right, if i was lying, why the rave excitement abt than0s after the release of The Avengerz even when he barely had a line?
u dey mind him

And he is accusing someone of having baseless arguments

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2019
quote author=Skseries post=81355794]lol when I said so that Reeves Batman has no connection to DCEU they said am talking rubbish o, atleast am not the only one that saw it now.. if u research more u will even see that it is said that Reeves is building a Batman universe.. [/quote]
Dude, it does have connection to dceu. it will only disregard Affleck's version.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:48am On Aug 18, 2019
pu7pl3:
people wailing that the DCEU has no plan cos they don't want to copy the MCU pattern look like this
lol guy. They copied it but failed so dont act like they didnt try it....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:
quote author=Skseries post=81355794]lol when I said so that Reeves Batman has no connection to DCEU they said am talking rubbish o, atleast am not the only one that saw it now.. if u research more u will even see that it is said that Reeves is building a Batman universe..
Dude, it does have connection to dceu. it will only disregard Affleck's version.
by connection I meant the Batman being the current baman. The movie is just gonna be telling the story of an entirely new batman, Reeves said it won't have references to Affleck or the DCEU, there is an official statement from him I can bring it out. It's on the internet even on his Twitter account. We fan can just assume it's a younger Batman of the Affleck Batman. But the director av clearly stated there won't be Easter egg or reference to the DCEU. It's we fans that are trying to make up and understanding for it all by saying it's a back story . He said it's not a prequel nor a sequel. If he wanted to tie them him he would have showed Affleck in the beginning and do a flash back into Pattinson

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Sultan5(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
Bros at some point I just got tired of the argument cus it looked like I was going out of my way to stay the obvious. Am just surprised how ppl here defends studio and company. And say someone is attacking DC or Marvel. They have no idea how much I wanna see DC do well just as marvel.... If u read about Disney studio their plan, how they hire their actors and how they run their studio for marvel movies u will just be impressed. And u will see DC announce and cancel again it's just heart breaking.

Totally agree with this honestly, any sensible movie fan would want both Marvel and DC universe to firmly stand on their feet. Giving us great movies year in, year out. Its simple economics really, competition brings stronger and better content and we will be the one to benefit. As much as I like Marvel, I really want to see great DC movies and characters with perfectly interconnected storylines.

But right now its difficult to even feel DC has a plan really. I get the point some guys here are trying to make, DC isn't Marvel. That it is unfair to expect the same thing from both. Just because Marvel lists out their plans according to their movie phases, doesn't mean DC should do the same.

But I think it's important to note Marvel strategy produces hype. They release just enough information early on about their movies to make people hungry to see them and by the time they are out, you see guys rushing in to watch them. Its a great business strategy really.

DC on the other hand are should I say secretive about their overall movie plan. I don't know about others but for me it just doesn't keep the hype, and it just feels DC don't really have a timetable. See the thing is they should come out and say what is going on, let's not base our knowledge on rumours online. If they are doing standalone movies separate from DCEU make it clear and tell us to what end. If these movies aren't part of the DCEU why make them, when you have a shared universe already? Are you trying to reboot it? If yes come out with it so we can all adjust our mindset in that regard.

Or is it that they just want to reboot selected characters and story lines. Cause they are still going ahead with aquaman 2 from the looks of it and aquaman is part of DCEU. If they are trying to build trust again, why not do so with characters in DCEU? I mean there are several DC characters that they can tell their stories without directly linking them to DCEU yet. If they want to build trust. But making a movie about a character in a universe that needs to find its feet. And stating the movie is outside said universe just brings confusion and a sense of lack of direction. Hence the bone of contention.

Hopefully they have a great plan we are not seeing yet.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
funny enuf if u read the full plan of synder for the JL and after u will be angry with WB for forcing the guy out and calling Joss whedon to comma mess it up even more... Marta was suppose to die even cyborg was gonna die and then flash will have ran back to reset things which will lead to flash point paradox... Lol and #Thekingishere said the idea of resetting the timeline with flash point is senseless.. and a director with experience had the same idea for his movie.. he is just funny sha
i d0n't just kn0w. He is too fanatical with his love for Dc that he fails to see that there really is no road map for the so called dceu. If its the stand al0ne method they are headed for and n0t a shared franchise, then its okay. But lets n0t pretend like there's a shared c0ntinuity.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2019
Sultan5:

Totally agree with this honestly, any sensible movie fan would want both Marvel and DC universe to firmly stand on their feet. Giving us great movies year in, year out. Its simple economics really, competition brings stronger and better content and we will be the one to benefit. As much as I like Marvel, I really want to see great DC movies and characters with perfectly interconnected storylines.

But right now its difficult to even feel DC has a plan really. I get the point some guys here are trying to make, DC isn't Marvel. That it is unfair to expect the same thing from both. Just because Marvel lists out their plans according to their movie phases, doesn't mean DC should do the same.

But I think it's important to note Marvel strategy produces hype. They release just enough information early on about their movies to make people hungry to see them and by the time they are out, you see guys rushing in to watch them. Its a great business strategy really.

DC on the other hand are should I say secretive about their overall movie plan. I don't know about others but for me it just doesn't keep the hype, and it just feels DC don't really have a timetable. See the thing is they should come out and say what is going on, let's not base our knowledge on rumours online. If they are doing standalone movies separate from DCEU make it clear and tell us to what end. If these movies aren't part of the DCEU why make them, when you have a shared universe already? Are you trying to reboot it? If yes come out with it so we can all adjust our mindset in that regard.

Or is it that they just want to reboot selected characters and story lines. Cause they are still going ahead with aquaman 2 from the looks of it and aquaman is part of DCEU. If they are trying to build trust again, why not do so with characters in DCEU? I mean there are several DC characters that they can tell their stories without directly linking them to DCEU yet. If they want to build trust. But making a movie about a character in a universe that needs to find its feet. And stating the movie is outside said universe just brings confusion and a sense of lack of direction. Hence the bone of contention.

Hopefully they have a great plan we are not seeing yet.
thank you ooo. Cus they feel like am attacking DC, after av clearly stated my fav heros are in DC. I feel WB just wanna do anything that brings them money. Not really bothering abt the fans want for interconnecting universe.. me I just want fantastic movie be it DC or Marvel.. do u know how excited I was to hear marvel are gonna do a new blade that will even be in the MCU, who won't be excited? And X-Men and a fantastic 4 to join the MCU. Jeez does guys are far ahead, and to think DC have the two most popular hero superman and Batman nawa oooooo. James wan sat down and build the conjuring universe now. WB should just seat make a plan set a direction. Choose a president that knows where the vison is hire director that key into the plan and give them free hand to do thwir work and watch things unfold... Now we hear JJ Abraham is gonna go a superman movie and a green lantern movie. Now the question is his he gonna recast or is it still gonna be carvil?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

i d0n't just kn0w. He is too fanatical with his love for Dc that he fails to see that there really is no road map for the so called dceu. If its the stand al0ne method they are headed for and n0t a shared franchise, then its okay. But lets n0t pretend like there's a shared c0ntinuity.

I tire jawe,
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
by connection I meant the Batman being the current baman. The movie is just gonna be telling the story of an entirely new batman, Reeves said it won't have references to Affleck or the DCEU, there is an official statement from him I can bring it out. It's on the internet even on his Twitter account. We fan can just assume it's a younger Batman of the Affleck Batman. But the director av clearly stated there won't be Easter egg or reference to the DCEU. It's we fans that are trying to make up and understanding for it all by saying it's a back story . He said it's not a prequel nor a sequel. If he wanted to tie them him he would have showed Affleck in the beginning and do a flash back into Pattinson
Just because it will not make any reference or contain any Easter Eggs doesn't mean it is not connected to the dceu. For now, Joker is the only movie that is entirely outside of the dceu.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
Bros at some point I just got tired of the argument cus it looked like I was going out of my way to stay the obvious. Am just surprised how ppl here defends studio and company. And say someone is attacking DC or Marvel. They have no idea how much I wanna see DC do well just as marvel.... If u read about Disney studio their plan, how they hire their actors and how they run their studio for marvel movies u will just be impressed. And u will see DC announce and cancel again it's just heart breaking.
dc and cancellati0n are 5 and 6. They ann0unced a deathstroke film, had the actor cast only to cancel it after raising the man's hope of employment. So was the flash film, w0nder w0man film b4 patty jenkins came on board and even cyborg. N0w, we are getting a birds of prey film, isn't that s0mething that should've been a 10 epis0de series on warner media? How the heck are we getting films like that b4 a flash film? Why is ww84 c0ming out b4 a MOS 2 or The Batman? And they say Dc has a plan. Trust me, its alot m0re plausible for matt reeves to walk out of the rob pattins0n film than for it to go into producti0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

Just because it will not make any reference or contain any Easter Eggs doesn't mean it is not connected to the dceu. For now, Joker is the only movie that is entirely outside of the dceu.
then how do we kn0w its inside the dceu? N0ne of the actorz in bvs or jl related to batman are in it. So, what's the c0nnecti0n?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Sultan5(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
thank you ooo. Cus they feel like am attacking DC, after av clearly stated my fav heros are in DC. I feel WB just wanna do anything that brings them money. Not really bothering abt the fans want for interconnecting universe.. me I just want fantastic movie be it DC or Marvel.. do u know how excited I was to hear marvel are gonna do a new blade that will even be in the MCU, who won't be excited? And X-Men and a fantastic 4 to join the MCU. Jeez does guys are far ahead, and to think DC have the two most popular hero superman and Batman nawa oooooo. James wan sat down and build the conjuring universe now. WB should just seat make a plan set a direction. Choose a president that knows where the vison is hire director that key into the plan and give them free hand to do thwir work and watch things unfold... Now we hear JJ Abraham is gonna go a superman movie and a green lantern movie. Now the question is his he gonna recast or is it still gonna be carvil?

Honestly I have no problem with recasting really. But the thing is sha move forward with the continuum. Don't start rebooting and adding more confusion to everything. If the people casted before aren't great, recast them and do it carefully so the same thing don't happen again. A green lantern movie is something I crave really. I mean there are so many DC characters why focus on selected few.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.