Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,098 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1254929 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
that's even true I totally forgot James wan produced it, the problem I have is how he defends them as if he works with them and have inside information that the public don't have... Annoying part was they announce the cancellation after ep 1 so alot won't av bother watching. If they had waited for last ep alot off ppl will av been engroy in it and will av been clamoring for new studio to pick it...
i d0n't think its abt viewership. There's alot behind the scenes of that cancellati0n and it aint budgetary reas0ns, am sure of it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

Just because it will not make any reference or contain any Easter Eggs doesn't mean it is not connected to the dceu. For now, Joker is the only movie that is entirely outside of the dceu.
seriously
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Sultan5(m): 8:50am On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

Just because it will not make any reference or contain any Easter Eggs doesn't mean it is not connected to the dceu. For now, Joker is the only movie that is entirely outside of the dceu.

My question is why make a joker movie outside DCEU? To what end? Isn't this an opportunity to build on Joker's presence in DCEU? And turn him into a worthy foe for the justice league? But I guess Skseries is right WB just wanna do anything that brings them money.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

i d0n't think its abt viewership. There's alot behind the scenes of that cancellati0n and it aint budgetary reas0ns, am sure of it.
will try an read abt it today sha
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
will try an read abt it today sha
don't bother, they didn't even state why. What's online is just clickbait.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2019
Sultan5:

Honestly I have no problem with recasting really. But the thing is sha move forward with the continuum. Don't start rebooting and adding more confusion to everything. If the people casted before aren't great, recast them and do it carefully so the same thing don't happen again. A green lantern movie is something I crave really. I mean there are so many DC characters why focus on selected few.
me too, as long is good. I hope the gets the GL right this time, there was news of a bluebettle movie even had a concept picture and a doctor faith movie, than av gone into silence again

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

dc and cancellati0n are 5 and 6. They ann0unced a deathstroke film, had the actor cast only to cancel it after raising the man's hope of employment. So was the flash film, w0nder w0man film b4 patty jenkins came on board and even cyborg. N0w, we are getting a birds of prey film, isn't that s0mething that should've been a 10 epis0de series on warner media? How the heck are we getting films like that b4 a flash film? Why is ww84 c0ming out b4 a MOS 2 or The Batman? And they say Dc has a plan. Trust me, its alot m0re plausible for matt reeves to walk out of the rob pattins0n film than for it to go into producti0n.
lol it's so bcus they know tgey will make money with it... Looks like Reeves know what he is doing with the Batman movies if the knew in circulations are true. It should be nice....

Problem DC are having right now is they have some character in the DCEU doing well eg WW, Aquaman and sharzam so they don't wanna just cancel. And they also wanna do things new.

I feel what they can do is.

1, hire new batman to replace Affleck. Use him to do flash back into Pattinson Batman. Create a Pattinson Batman and make it a universe where we have other characters Robin and the rest. That way we know we have two universe the DCEU and the Bat universe.

2. Give us a MOS 2 movie. Feature the new batman freely give him a badass scene to make ppl excited to see him more.

3. Do the already planned Black Adam, dywane is a good market for them and tease a black Adam shazarm in the ending.

4. Do shazarm 2 director already said it's not gonna be black Adam villian. So just make it a little more serious to appeal to the the adult folks too.

5. Birds of prey and suicide squad is still in the DCEU timeline. Let them remain so.

6. Now introduce green lantern Corp movie and establish a universe for them.

So now we have Batman superman GL shazarm WW and flash cyborg in the established universe.

7 now do a new justice league movie completely fresh.
With a grade A destruction event. Make darkside the main villian

They can introduce new character during the justice league too.

And then let them lose the fight to darkside. Let him kill off important characters superman Batman even Wonder woman. Let him take over earth forcing Barry to have to run back in time.

Then it can lead to the flash point paradox movie.
Where we get to see Pattinson as a younger Batman in the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

don't bother, they didn't even state why. What's online is just clickbait.
chai!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2019
Sultan5:

My question is why make a joker movie outside DCEU? To what end? Isn't this an opportunity to build on Joker's presence in DCEU? And turn him into a worthy foe for the justice league? But I guess Skseries is right WB just wanna do anything that brings them money.
lol tye director asked for a cheap budget amd they felt what the hell it's not that much if it turns out good they make more money. Lol now imagine if this joker movie is so good. It causes more confusion. Cus they won't wanna let him go and won't make sense bringing him into the DCEU that already have joker...

They should just go with the joker director idea make it like an else world universe where director get less budget and can create anything with characters they want outside the DCEU
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
lol it's so bcus they know tgey will make money with it... Looks like Reeves know what he is doing with the Batman movies if the knew in circulations are true. It should be nice....

Problem DC are having right now is they have some character in the DCEU doing well eg WW, Aquaman and sharzam so they don't wanna just cancel. And they also wanna do things new.

1, hire new batman to replace Affleck. Use him to do flash back into Pattinson Batman. Create a Pattinson Batman and make it a universe where we have other characters Robin and the rest. That way we know we have two universe the DCEU and the Bat universe.

2. Give us a MOS 2 movie. Feature the new batman freely give him a badass scene to make ppl excited to see him more.

3. Do the already planned Black Adam, dywane is a good market for them and tease a black Adam shazarm in the ending.

4. Do shazarm 2 director already said it's not gonna be black Adam villian. So just make it a little more serious to appeal to the the adult folks too.

5. Birds of prey and suicide squad is still in the DCEU timeline. Let them remain so.

So now we have Batman superman GL shazarm WW and flash cyborg in the established universe.

And then let them lose the fight to darkside. Let him kill off important characters superman Batman even Wonder woman. Let him take over earth forcing Barry to have to run back in time.

agree to disagree. They've ruined everything fr0m the beginning.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2019
Sultan5:

My question is why make a joker movie outside DCEU? To what end? Isn't this an opportunity to build on Joker's presence in DCEU? And turn him into a worthy foe for lthe justice league? But I guess Skseries is right WB just wanna do anything that brings them money.

Todd Philips the Joker director asked WB to create Elseworlds...a new DC franchise outside DCEU where WB and directors will have the opportunity to make standalone DC films without connecting to some shared universe.

If Joker becomes a huge financial success, WB will go ahead with Todd Philips idea and officially launch the elseworld franchise.. ..I heard Todd Philips already has a name for it... DC Black
He says it would help DC avoid copying everything that MCU does...elseworld would be unique in its own way... Something Marvel Studios have never done before.

Heck I don't think it's a terrible idea but WB should fix DCEU first before diving fully into Elseworlds.

Joker is already looking like a financial hit.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Treyknowles(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:

This is wrong! Why can't we just allow DC to discover what will work for them? Do they have to apply the marvel formula to achieve success? We have seen all what you summarized above, it's Infinity War all over again please we don't need it.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Treyknowles:
This is wrong! Why can't we just allow DC to discover what will work for them? Do they have to apply the marvel formula to achieve success? We have seen all what you summarized above, it's Infinity War all over again please we don't need it.

My brother, i just tire for these clowns..

The same Minemrys that is saying that DC should come out like marvel to state their films is the same guy that was accusing DC of trying to copy marvel style into synder films..

What exactly do these set of confused people want from DC?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
funny enuf if u read the full plan of synder for the JL and after u will be angry with WB for forcing the guy out and calling Joss whedon to comma mess it up even more... Marta was suppose to die even cyborg was gonna die and then flash will have ran back to reset things which will lead to flash point paradox... Lol and #Thekingishere said the idea of resetting the timeline with flash point is senseless.. and a director with experience had the same idea for his movie.. he is just funny sha

Please oh, when did i make this statement?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2019
BlackManta:

Todd Philips the Joker director asked WB to create Elseworlds...a new DC franchise outside DCEU where WB and directors will have the opportunity to make standalone DC films without connecting to some shared universe.

If Joker becomes a huge financial success, WB will go ahead with Todd Philips idea and officially launch the elseworld franchise.. ..I heard Todd Philips already has a name for it... DC Black
He says it would help DC avoid copying everything that MCU does...elseworld would be unique in its own way... Something Marvel Studios have never done before.

Heck I don't think it's a terrible idea but WB should fix DCEU first before diving fully into Elseworlds.

Joker is already looking like a financial hit.
At the bolded, WB can do both simultaneously. It's just the matter of assigning the right people for the job since both of them will be headed by different persons.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
funny enuf if u read the full plan of synder for the JL and after u will be angry with WB for forcing the guy out and calling Joss whedon to comma mess it up even more... Marta was suppose to die even cyborg was gonna die and then flash will have ran back to reset things which will lead to flash point paradox... Lol and #Thekingishere said the idea of resetting the timeline with flash point is senseless.. and a director with experience had the same idea for his movie.. he is just funny sha

It was so obvious you are a synder fan....no wonder....lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2019
Treyknowles:
lol, don't mind me,
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Treyknowles:
lol, don't mind me,
TheKingIsHere:

It was so obvious you are a synder fan....no wonder....lol
what's doing this one, undecided do u know how many time have bash Snyder here? Just bcus I feel he was the problem with DC doesn't mean I won't acknowledge it when he does well or had a good plan ... I don't know how many times I will tell u i don't support ppl or things blindly

If u were paying attention u will av realised the only director av praised over and over again is James Wan. But then u think everyone world revolves around just DC marvel and snyder
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
see facts or u wanna argue with this again. Biko check dates o. 7th film was late in 2013 and announcement baby the infinity saga which was phase 2/3 was 2014, that's what we call plan and direction..... Plans are clearly stated out and from the plan u will clearly see direction

Imagine they clearly stated date in 2014 for a movie in 2019, 5years to come and they stick to it.. Bros this is what we mean by plan and direction... Not fan hoping for something

I posted this image yesterday...

Aquaman 2 is slated for 2022 and a release date was given ( 3 years from now)...But you wont see that...

It must be like marvel and 5 years..SMH

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
acekhalifa:

At the bolded, WB can do both simultaneously. It's just the matter of assigning the right people for the job since both of them will be headed by different persons.

Gbam!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

i d0n't just kn0w. He is too fanatical with his love for Dc that he fails to see that there really is no road map for the so called dceu. If its the stand al0ne method they are headed for and n0t a shared franchise, then its okay. But lets n0t pretend like there's a shared c0ntinuity.

There is a road map..if you cant see it, then thats your problem...not anyone's...

You want DC to bring out a road map like marvel yet attack them for trying to make synder films look like marvel.

#Hypocrisy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
lol their own thing u say? U forgot u already admit they tried to copy marvel cinematic universe and failed at it? U even admit it was a mistake. They stated their own thing just last year o don't comma start acting as if they already thought it Tru from the inception

WHere did i state that they have thought it through?

It is obvious to everyone that they tried to catch up to the marvel universe and got burnt....Thats the truth.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

My brother, i just tire for these clowns..

The same Minemrys that is saying that DC should come out like marvel to state their films is the same guy that was accusing DC of trying to copy marvel style into synder films..

What exactly do these set of confused people want from DC?
guy, go back to my c0mments, when did i say this? When did i talk abt wb or dc unveiling their film slate? Are u sure i was the one or u are mistaking me with skseries? Guy, do u have a problem with me or what? U kn0w what i hate m0st in the world? S0me0ne attaching me to s0mething i did n0t say. My b0ne of c0ntenti0n has always been a c0ntinuity in the dc films said to be in the dceu n0t the lack of a release slate or whatever. Bros, d0n't menti0n my username unnecessarily again pls. Am d0ne with this thread.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
you know I could go to Wikipedia and edit it right? Show us an official date from DC or WB

Keep waiting for an official date from DC...

We all know that Joker movie is coming out the first saturday in October...Did Dc come out to make an official statement on it?

Didnt we all get this information from other media outlets? Or do you have an official statement from DC to that effect?

Please try and be smart biko.

DC is not like marvel...they are more reserved
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
yeah I know I am, we are talking about quality and acceptance and trust studio build over time with their movies u are talking abt the money they made. Marvel use 7 movies to build trust and now almost all their movie is making 1b DC use 7movies to make money, so who is reaping more now. Let DC and marvel drop film same day and let see the one ppl will trust enuf to go watch with money..

Marvel dropped into the spider verse and DC dropped Aquaman..

A lot of people, bloggers etc said that Spiderverse was gonna crush Aquaman.

Guess what happened at the end?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
that's even true I totally forgot James wan produced it, the problem I have is how he defends them as if he works with them and have inside information that the public don't have... Annoying part was they announce the cancellation after ep 1 so alot won't av bother watching. If they had waited for last ep alot off ppl will av been engroy in it and will av been clamoring for new studio to pick it...

James wan is defending DC because he is informed...

You arent...or you know better than James wan that is in the movie world?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Minemrys:

then it isn't a c0nnected c0ntinuity then. We'd just call it the Dc franchise instead of the dceu. Even the jl series had a chapter or phase. There was the Origins phase, the cadmus/brainiac phase. Every creative work has a timeline, a chapter if it builds a c0ntinuity. Check Wizarding world for example. Fr0m its start, it sets itself for the duel btw dumbledore and grindelward. It builds history 4 dis characterz but the so called dceu where things are supposed to be c0nnected, is, i d0n't kn0w.

We have already argued this before.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

James wan is defending DC because he is informed...

You arent...or you know better than James wan that is in the movie world?
lol and ur defense for wb DC is based on inform? Lol funny dude
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Marvel dropped into the spider verse and DC dropped Aquaman..

A lot of people, bloggers etc said that Spiderverse was gonna crush Aquaman.

Guess what happened at the end?

what's doing this one, we will be saying A u will be saying B. If u don't know one is animation other is a movie. That's the difference
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Keep waiting for an official date from DC...

We all know that Joker movie is coming out the first saturday in October...Did Dc come out to make an official statement on it?

Didnt we all get this information from other media outlets? Or do you have an official statement from DC to that effect?

Please try and be smart biko.

DC is not like marvel...they are more reserved
if DC didn't make it official those other outlet won't av know. Search it out urslf. dC have an official release date for it. Mark the keyword OFFICIAL
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I posted this image yesterday...

Aquaman 2 is slated for 2022 and a release date was given ( 3 years from now)...But you wont see that...

It must be like marvel and 5 years..SMH
uncle if u paid attention and put ur anger for no reason u will see I responded to u, even hulk616, Wikipedia is not a reliable source, I can go there and edit that picture u feel so proud about. Show us an official statement from WB or DC stating release date for it.

If u were really inform u wikk have know even Jason momao is having issue he is attending to and even he gave an hint last week they might do Aquaman 2 later than expected
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Skseries:
if DC didn't make it official those other outlet won't av know. Search it out urslf. dC have an official release date for it. Mark the keyword OFFICIAL

I asked you a question.

How do we all know that Joker movie is coming out in October 2019 since DC didnt release an official statement?

I need answer to this question.

If you cant, then i wont waste my time on this because, like i said earlier, you are confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.