Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (65996 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Gaynners
It ain't the end of the world.
Avram Grant is available though  wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2009
What 'lack of momentum'?  

A team in December that couldn't play 4 games without losing has gone 9 games unbeaten, conceding fewer goals than before.

We are NOT firing on full cylinders and I do not expect us to be - remember we are without Cesc, Walcott, Rozzi and Eduardo!

I told y'all to relax and enjoy the league games over two months ago - the FA and CL are the games we should be expectant about. The league is simply about getting in the CL spots for next year, nothing more. Any talk of the trophy died way back in November.

davidylan:

na wa for this guy o. Massive point? We are 5 solid points behind Aston Villa and you are toasting to a "massive point"?
This team held Liverpool to 1-1 draws, TWICE in a row - drawing against them AWAY is an improvement over where we were in November. It is worth celebrating.

So what if we are behind Villa? Is there a prize for being third in January   undecided

Gooners should stop hyperventilating. We were TOP at this point last season and fell away - it can happen to anyone so y'all should relax. If you took my advice way back in November, you'd be relaxed like me.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2009
follypimpi:

What has man utd got that this team cant copy from??

We have got the KILLA INSTINCT. . . . . .The never say die attitude. . . .
It's the mentality. . . .It's in the players' DNA.
Other teams go a goal up and they SIT on it. . . . .United get a goal up and they want MORE.

debosky:

We are NOT firing on full cylinders and I do not expect us to be - remember we are without Cesc, Walcott, Rozzi and Eduardo!

United were without 10 FIRST TEAM PLAYERS and they have not conceded in ELEVEN LEAGUE GAMES.
What has Cesc's absence gotta do with this??
Admit it. . . . . .Ya team is pathetic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
We lack quality is my Problem

Sagna , Nasri and RVP are the only world class and consistent players we have.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2009
davidylan:

how u take know? Are you his houseboy?  
im the main manager. , i pay him , .its has been an hidden secret ,  we shall surprise you all grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2009
when will dudu come back?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2009
Buy guys Let's be serious.David Dein has to come back to deal with all this Transfer Business

First we miss out on Xabi Alonso cos of £2m now Arshavin cos of £3m?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by amarilo: 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2009
allboyz:

when will dudu come back?
tomorrow morning grin grin grin grin grin

vicade:

Buy guys Let's be serious.David Dein has to come back to deal with all this Transfer Business

First we miss out on Xabi Alonso cos of £2m now Arshavin cos of £3m?
Thats Jewish mentality. They are very stingy set of poep.

wenGAY is giving credit to his team right now on sky sports.

Nobody coming in or going out from WenGAY.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by akinalabi(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2009
I've never seen someone as optimistic as debosky even in the face
of disaster.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2009
How is this for a Record:It is now 459 minutes since Arsenal scored a goal that wasn't scored or set up by Robin Van Persie.

Saw it on the BBC board page. I have not confirmed it but if it is true then RVP is now worth £30m while Adebayor is worth £3m
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2009
@Debosky

I have always blvd in ur worlds even when we r losing,i knw u will come up with uplifting statments but in this case admit it,we r SHYTE.My chest hurts now badly cos of the high BP and adrenalin rush,now am hving a bad headache, this is jst sad man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
Arsene is talking about our three injured players coming back as 'like new signings' ffs.

Baba Wenger, Don't play us again  o. We want real signings o.

Adebayor is just a tap-in merchant. If Arsenal aren't playing well enough to supply him with tap-ins, he won't score. Simple
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2009
oya. . . all non gunner faithfuls. . .leave the thread now.

we want to discuss some private issues here okay? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2009
@Freshcvvs, This is not the Time nor Place
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2009
@fresh

It will never be the place to try this
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:03am On Jan 29, 2009
Guys this isn't about optimism or uplifting words - this is cold hard reality.

When I was fuming two months back about how there was NO chance of winning the league, some thought I was hyperventilating.
Now I've been more than proved right on that account.

Now to the current situation - I am simply being pragmatic. Nothing can be done to remedy our current situation (except maybe buy Arshavin, who knows when he'll adjust or improve) till at least the summer, so why all this crying and hair pulling?

Did you just realise the players we have in the squad or are you just figuring out where we are at the moment

Let's be realistic - our squad is nowhere as deep as MU's who can have so many players out but still churn out victories. Our defence has been poor, but it has definitely improved from the days of conceding donkey goals against Spurs, Villa and City.

Based on the available manpower and our injuries, we are not doing badly. Football is a game of sequences and we've gone 9 games unbeaten. if we continue that, we will definitely finish in CL spots. This is not optimism, this is clear reality.

Wenger himself knows the gravity of the situation, that is why he is playing almost a FULL STRENGTH side in the FA cup, unlike previous seasons.

To start twisting ourselves to bits at this point and saying 'bring back X, bring back Y' is pointless. Will Dein spend his personal money on transfers? NO

A new CEO has just been appointed - give him time to bed in and get to work, results will begin to come through by the Summer. Arshavin might come or he might not. . .we'll know clearly by next week. whether he comes or not, it doesn't change my own personal view at the moment.

It is very clear AW gambled on not signing a DM like Xabi in the summer, and it has backfired. Coupled with Rozzi's persistent injury, and now Cesc and Walcott being out, we have been shorn of the bulk of our creativity. This was completely unexpected and cannot be prepared for.

Given the above events, to remain 8 points off the top (remember we were 10 points off at the turn of the year) is not too bad. We can close the gap, but will have tough games like today.

The reality is that, till summer, we cannot do any extensive rebuilding, and these players will improve (except maybe Eboue/Song).
Outside of that, we remain in a good position both in the CL and the FA cup. We still have a good chance of picking up a trophy this season, and no amount of agony and finger biting can help us at this moment.

Watch league games and don't fret too much - enough of Vieria, Henry and Bergkamp. They are our heroes, but we will need to create a FRESH era.

I am not worried about being 8 points off the top in January, when we still have to play everyone above us except for Villa. Points will be dropped, we will get more players back and improve - things will only get better as the season wears on.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 29, 2009
nawa oh. debosky don write a book finish. shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2009
Denilson is the most untalented brazilian i have ever set my eyes on.cant shoot,cant pass.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:19am On Jan 29, 2009
Denilson is the most untalented brazilian i have ever set my eyes on.cant shoot,cant pass.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2009
Vela would have better off Adebayor in this game,his just clueless,jumping up like Maumau warriors of Kenya.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 12:28am On Jan 29, 2009
Robin Van Perise is the New Denis Bergkamp

Just saw the RVP goal again-Sheer Class. A Cultured Left Foot if you ask me

And i Have done my research i think:I[b]t is now 459 minutes since Arsenal scored a goal that wasn't scored or set up by Robin Van Persie.[/b]

Robin Van Persie is the New Fabregas then  tongue.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:32am On Jan 29, 2009
follypimpi:

Vela would have better off Adebayor in this game,his just clueless[b],jumping up like Maumau warriors of Kenya.
[/b]

shocked grin grin grin

Ade is having a rough patch. . . .I wish Kit was here to listen to this critique of Adebayorrrr grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:33am On Jan 29, 2009
Omo arsenal wont kill me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by homosapien(m): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2009
up Gunners we will fight to finish
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vicade(m): 12:42am On Jan 29, 2009
Adebayor isa poor Finisher. I said it during the summer. Sell Him Off. But people were like he scored 30 goals when he missed over 1000 goals. They were also saying it is not Adebayor's fault that RVP should have been Fit to help out.

Adebayor is not a Great Finisher.He has Power,Pace and Some Technique but even wenger says he has to Improve his finishing

Can you remember this Time Last Season when he could not score Jack. Squandering Goal Scoring opportunities and he was Labelled Samson By the British Press cos he could not score in Like Nine Matches after he had a Haircut.

I hope Robin Van Persie stays Fit for the Rest of the Season and Eduardo comes back soon Enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:47am On Jan 29, 2009
@ vicade

There is some truth in your words. The fact is, Ade needs 4 chances to score one. With Cesc being injured/not being at his best, Ade hasn't had quite as many chances this season, hence his slump. I wouldn't be too hard on him, he simply needs to work harder.

Eduardo will be back by mid Feb after the Croatia game on the 11th, Bendtner is coming on late in games and making a difference, so Ade is not really the issue. We are not creating much. We haven't been doing that since Cesc's injury, so we just have to hope Bendtner (?), RVP or Nasri get the best chances so they put them away.

Anyways for some 'good news' on Arshavin

''There is nothing new on Arshavin, I have been concentrating on the game and not taking calls.

''But the deal is maybe 90% completed. However, the final 10% of any deal can be the most difficult.

''Maybe in the next two days. In this kind of job it can be difficult at this stage because people can change their minds completely.''

Latest comments from AW on the matter - give it till Friday and we'll see guys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 1:15am On Jan 29, 2009
@Debosky

Well i think last summer praises has gone into Ade's head,for example against cardiff Bartender would have clinically scored that goal without a sweat,Ade was only ounstanding last season cos RVP was not very fit,his a shyte player.I hope Arshavin come,russians are usually very strong and i think he will put the bites needed,also Ed'Hardo will soon be back and Ade will knw his place.He need sum1 to keep him on his feet,he's getting too big headed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 1:31am On Jan 29, 2009
Ade has been garbage this season even my grandma knows that grin grin

I thank God for sleep it spared me the drama of watching those screw-ups i don't even have much to comment.Please who are we signing again?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 1:44am On Jan 29, 2009
One of the greatest mistake Wenger made since his arrival in Arsenal is to let Flamini and Hleb(esp Flamini) go without a replacement for them.That been said,i still think the situation is not as DIRE viz a viz events of time past i.e our loses at home and against "small" teams that we NORMALLY see off.Some months away this same team cant even string 3 points together in 3 games but now we have gone 9 games unbeaten.

Things can only get better as the season pans BUT we should not get too HOPEFUL or else,y'all gonna bust a vein.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 2:01am On Jan 29, 2009
9 games unbeaten is not good enough  undecided Man Utd have gone 11 matches without conceding a goal and they are not fussing about it,Villa have won six straight away games and are carrying on with their job quietly we really need to get our ish together Arsene is not signing when it is obvious his current squad is not good enough this is the height of unseriousness even teams faring better are looking for ways to strengthen their squads i mean if he cannot get Arshavin why not buy one or two other players its about two days to go and still no sign of anyone coming in
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:58am On Jan 29, 2009
like play like play - someone will come,im sure.

its not over yet. wink cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 6:48am On Jan 29, 2009
What did I miss?

@ f'pimpi
You talk plenty true 4 ya posts,na kaka game we don dey play since the beginning of the season
By the way,when I say kaka,I no mean Ricardo,Wafferians in da hizzy go grab da levels
Like play like play,Aston villa break light dey fade from we front
I trip for AW

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101)

Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.