Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants (1450 Views)

Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu / Nigeria, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants / Nigeria, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Ikengawo: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2015

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/412x250xJonathan-suit.jpg.pagespeed.ic.H71gOaPtUH.webp[/img]
By Michael Eboh
Nigeria has signed an agreement with a Russian firm, Rosatom, to build four nuclear power plants in the country valued at $80 billion, about N16 trillion.
The power plants which will have a combined capacity of 4,800 megawatts, are expected to come on stream between 2025 and 2035.
Speaking at a forum in Kenya Tuesday, Mr. Franklin Erepamo Osaisai, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission, said the building of the nuclear plants would be financed by Rosatom, which will then build, own, operate and transfer the plants to the government and people of Nigeria after a number of years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/nigeria-russian-firm-stake-n16trn-to-build-four-nuclear-plants/#sthash.4gVftHAR.jqbaPbMS.dpuf

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by raumdeuter: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
So Jonathan was do late minute stealing

No worry.

Pikin wey go chop cane, If he sleep, he must to wake up

When your destiny is tied to jail, No matter where you go you must return and locate the prison

5 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
raumdeuter:
So Jonathan was do late minute stealing

No worry.

Pikin wey go chop cane, If he sleep, he must to wake up

When your destiny is tied to jail, No matter where you go you must return and locate the prison

you mean after Obasanjo, babangida, abdulsalami, and shonekan?

@topic,

very apprehensive of this project. safety is the only issue for us.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
I honestly don't understand what changed this guy since he lost election. He will be regretting not being his own man from day one.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by talktimi(m): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
....."Speaking at a forum in Kenya Tuesday, Mr. Franklin Erepamo Osaisai, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission, said the building of the nuclear plants would be financed by Rosatom, which will then build, own, operate and transfer the plants to the government and people of Nigeria after a number of years...

I know there are blind people here or those that are purposely dåft

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Strongfaze(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg Nigeria is not ready for any Nuclear power plant! I can't imagine the FG evacuating a whole state when there is a nuclear disaster with this their poor maintenance culture/ slow non proactive approach. No state will allow this sort of project within its territory.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
May God bless President GEJ. Posterity will remember him for good. He is our hero.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network

3 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by khalleb(m): 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
In mama peace voice
chai the piple sey my husband or Mr President sign ham

hmmm I no Jona e no fit du ham wey I no go no

my piple no mind dem na rumor
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by hunter21(m): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Strongfaze:
Abeg Nigeria is not ready for any Nuclear power plant!
Do you want to die in poverty

2 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by egift(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
16trillion, for only 4800mw that will be ready in 20yrs time.

OP, you will even be ashamed of Jonathan like the rest of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Obiagelli:
I honestly don't understand what changed this guy since he lost election. He will be regretting not being his own man from day one.
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Horus(m): 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Did GEJ heard about Fukushima nuclear disaster?
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by mrofficial(m): 2:51am On Apr 18, 2015
Horus:
Did GEJ heard about Fukushima nuclear disaster?

They've not been able to manage Hydro dam, they are now talking of nuclear plants. We will resist it at all cost before they kill us all.

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by tunex23: 3:02am On Apr 18, 2015
Strongfaze:
Abeg Nigeria is not ready for any Nuclear power plant! I can't imagine the FG evacuating a whole state when there is a nuclear disaster with this their poor maintenance culture/ slow non proactive approach. No state will allow this sort of project within its territory.
exactly what came to my mind, we simply cannot manage a nuclear power plant for now

2 Likes

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by TheOtherview: 3:22am On Apr 18, 2015
mrofficial:

They've not been able to manage Hydro dam, they are now talking of nuclear plants. We will resist it at all cost before they kill us all.

I wouldn't worry about this whiff of wishing thinking, if I were you.
We've been down the road of false expectations too often that I care to recall.

"We have an intergovernmental agreement with Nigeria, but no concrete decisions have been made," a Rosatom spokesman said.
Source

By the way, where are those modular refineries?
Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? -- https://www.nairaland.com/986684/vulcan-energy-llc-really-going
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by mrofficial(m): 3:26am On Apr 18, 2015
TheOtherview:

I wouldn't worry about this whiff of wishing thinking, if I were you.
We've been down the road of false expectations too often that I care to recall.

By the way, where are those modular refineries?
Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? -- https://www.nairaland.com/986684/vulcan-energy-llc-really-going

Pardon me, as I couldn't just imagine it. grin
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Horus(m): 4:10am On Apr 18, 2015
hunter21:

Do you want to die from a nuclear disaster?

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by sammyj: 4:21am On Apr 18, 2015
Who send am, if Nigeria can not manage ordinary hydro power system how can they manage nuclear power system. This man is truly clueless indeed !!!
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Nomswag: 5:05am On Apr 18, 2015
sammyj:
Who send am, if Nigeria can not manage ordinary hydro power system how can they manage nuclear power system. This man is truly clueless indeed !!!

why cant u guys be positive for once
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by joeyfire(m): 6:09am On Apr 18, 2015
When countries like japan and germany are turning away from nuclear power we are trying to jump in. I wanted GEJ to win but if na so Buhari kindly enter and cancel this shit
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Mynd44: 6:09am On Apr 18, 2015
egift:

It is an inter-country partnership involving Kenya, Egypt and Nigeria (Ignore the OP) Also the power to be generated is around 4000GW not MW (Vanguard is unreliable these days)

Most times these deals are merely companies proposing and it ends up in just talks. A lot of such deals has happened only to be DIW. Remember the deal to start launching rockets from SA and the one about a massive Hydro/Geo/Sola and gas powered plant in NC Nigeria some years back.

I dint expect anything from it

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:21am On Apr 18, 2015
Nuclear plants in Nigeria?

Where will they locate it?

Nigeria is definitely not ready for that!

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by omenka(m): 6:42am On Apr 18, 2015
We've not finished exploring hydro, solar and coal powered generation, yet we are already talking about nuclear. Smh. These guys are real comedians.

By the way, isn't it really funny how these TANoids try to personalise government investments in this country? Take the title of this thread for instance and see what petty lot they are. Is Jonathan putting in his money or the Nigerian government?? Same way they say Jonathan's trains. By the way, where are those damn things? How come no one has heard a thing about them or seen them since the election
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Rawani: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2015
I was utterly startled by people dismissively saying Nigeria is not ready for nuclear power, why are we not asking HOW we can get ready for nuclear power, it's an inevitable path we might have to take if we are to achieve our goals for power generation, transmission and distribution considering our capacity needs. We should focus on drawing up a plan of how we could develop or provide the infrastructure, systems, frameworks and change agents that would enable us to seamlessly embed this technology and exploit it safely and effectively. Developed nations utilising nuclear power did not suddenly get "nuclear-ready" by simply flaunting their white skin, but by serious planning, experimentation and mistakes, mistakes which we will not have to repeat with proper planning.

1 Like

Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by sammyj: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2015
How Abeg ............................ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nomswag:

why cant u guys be positive for once
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Opinedecandid(m): 8:26am On Apr 18, 2015
That is my heroic President, who has earned and will continue to earn national, international as well as supernatural and posterity COMMENDATIONS.
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by ibietela2(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2015
egift:

edaft, eblind [size=80pt]4[/size] Nuclear Power plants
Re: GEJ, Russian Firm Stake N16trn To Build Four Nuclear Plants by Strongfaze(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
hunter21:

. You quote me in part and you come slam me with big words abi? For that you are hereby sentenced to South Africa with immediate effect!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves / Buhari Meets With Members Of The 8th National Assembly At The ICC, Abuja.photos / Unizik Sug President, Noble Eyisi Suspended Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.