Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize (22300 Views)

Cj’s Refusal To Swear Me In, An Affront On The Rule Of Law – Uche Ogah / How Shekau Raped And Made Me Pregnant For Him - Escapee Prisoner / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ClassyAdewumi(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2015
Rooney will play midfield against chelsa!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Caliph69: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
Osama bin laden never made this list even though he was and still remains one of the most influential terrorist.

Get your facts right. Osama bin Laden made the list in 2007.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by frankezi: 6:40am On Apr 18, 2015
if I make you run from your home. rape your wife turn your boys to beggers and your girls to whores then I have influence in your home BIG!!! one oh. but still its times magazine I refuse to give a hoot abt that useless tabloid and as for the govt I guess shame is the reason for the non response to such. either ways let's have a beer shall we?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by jibrilaminu003(m): 6:46am On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:
"There's no so such thing as bad publicity". This saying lately, has been given credence to by Times Magazine with its' enlistment of Shekau as one of the hundred most influential people in the world. In the last 24 hours, the social media have been awashed with Shekau making the list. Notably, Buhari and Chiamanda did same. With due respect to the past and present inductees, I have always ruminated on the yardstick for such enlistment. I thought good deeds alone, hold sway for such. This remains faux to me and its' process lacking objectivity.

Today, my trepidation and disdain have been brought to bare. Shekau making the list of hundred most influential people is an affront and show of insensitivity to the Nigeria people by Times magazine. How can Times magazine forget the several bomb blasts that have snuffed lives, properties, crippled cities and the economy of the North west et al;all masterminded by Shekau and his draconian group?

The #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign is still on and few days ago marked its one year of struggles and solidarity. Far away in the North east our, gallant soldiers are viciously combating the insurgents and they record deaths everyday. Shekau and his group have no doubt meted unprecedented pains to Nigerians and also threatened our existence as one yet, all Times Magazine could do was to enlist him as being influential. I have been waiting impatiently, for Nigeria's media houses to read the riot act to Times Magazine and smear them with invectives but that isn't forthcoming.

Should we begin to see terrorism and violence as ways to being influential?

*Ublaize

Well said. The good news is that we all showed worried concern over enlistment of Shekau among 100 most influential personalities which is not only nugatory but an insult to the Nigerian integrity. It all started as a shocking news and I believe no sane Nigerian would be ecstatic to such mendacity.
Notwithstanding, what I want us to know is that Shekau enlistment was not because he is good. Enlisting someone among influential personnel depends on two effects, the positive impact on lives or negative impact on lives of humanity. His enlistment was due to the impact he caused on the lives of people negatively. A book entitled "100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONALITIES" written by MICHAEL H HART has also attested to such fact. In his list he mentioned past notorious leaders, why, because their impact on human lives was negative. So therefore enlisting Shekau by the Time Magazine was only a SHOCK but not a SURPRISE!!!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 18, 2015
So u are still taking pain killer on top Jonathan's head pain? The earlier you accept CHANGE, the better for you! Because weather u like it or not, BUHARI don win and there is nothing u can do about it except you've decided to jump into the Lagoon.!

fritiyo:
He was list as one of the influential people for destabilizing GEJ govt and not for anything else.

why didn't they enlist him in the previous ones? why na that GEJ as been defeated of the presidency?
The aim as been achieved so he is na awarded for ensuring that GEJ govt was painted black by the people.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Tinablack: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2015
Uncle, there is something is as bad publicity.
I do not see it as a Worry.
Before you started writing,it would have bn appropriate to. Understand the meaning of the word "influential".
Shekarau is influential for the wrong thing,
Therre are better things aside this topic to be worried about

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by treasuremi1(m): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2015
What the magazine says is INFLUENCE, either positive or negative. Shekau is obviously a negative influence. And try make some more research : u will see lots of people of negative influence making that list in years past.

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Inax(m): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Omo as i take reason d matter i no fit reason am finish bt as d matter take taya me ehn E taya me finish
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by treasuremi1(m): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2015
And imagine many young people thinking AMERICA is behind Nigeria woes. Hmmmm! You people way of reasoning seems to always amazes me.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2015
holatin:
shame on you and your animalistic thinking, what stop GEJ from destroying the agenda of destabilizing his regime.

in as much as I don't like shakau been featured as an influential person, GEJ failed himself and Nigerian, stop crying foul that they are trying to paint him black, he caused his misfortune.

or have you forgotten this statement

I UNDERSTIMATE BOKO HARAM

that word carries a lot of weight
what does Shekau and you share? ISLAM
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Muhammedmurtala: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2015
This is not the matter of GEJ or GMB.Nigeria again is been insulted by those that never wish us united, its now clear to us that BH are one of their mercenaries.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=ideykwum post=32841714]You are an uncouth animal that isn't even fit for the zoo! You lack home-training, intellect and even basic humanity, that some dogs express! And guess what? You're most likely going to be consumed by the pit you dig for others, verbally or physical! Welcome to the reality of your dysfunction!

[/quote .. Chai!! See finishing
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by holatin(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
what does Shekau and you share? ISLAM
what does you and Jonathan share ?
cluelessness
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by kobonaire(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
He's right...Osama bin laden never made this list even though he was and still remains one of the most influential terrorist. Even the ISIS non of their commanders made the list. Anything Africa is treated without sensitivity.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS! Lets pray Africans themselves think that
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!
I can't take a magazine that lists a porñ star as influential seriously.
WRONG .... bin laden did make it to Times 100 most influential in the year 2007. Link here
And to the Time front cover too - link here
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by geoworldedu: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
He's right...Osama bin laden never made this list even though he was and still remains one of the most influential terrorist. Even the ISIS non of their commanders made the list. Anything Africa is treated without sensitivity.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS!
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!

Don't talk without making research because OSAMA BIN LADEN made the list in 2007:

Here is the 2007 list: Time magazine’s annual list of its 100 most influential people is out. Borat‘s Sacha Baron Cohen (not Sacha Baron Cohen’s “Borat”) Barack Obama, Osama, Tyra Banks, Brian Grazer and Tony Dungee and Yankees pitchers Chien-ming Wang (seriously) made the list. We (“You”) didn’t.

TIME 100: The Complete List

Leaders & Revolutionaries
King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia
Peter Akinola, archbishiop, Nigeria
Mohamed Omar Hassan Ahmed al-Bashir, president, Sudan
Osama bin Laden
Michael Bloomberg, mayor, New York City
Raul Castro, acting president, Cuba
Hillary Clinton, U.S. senator from New York
Queen Elizabeth II, United Kingdom
Sonia Gandhi, chair, Indian National Congress Party
Hu Jintao, president, China
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader, Iran
Liu Qi, chief, Beijing Olympic Committee
Tzipi Livni, foreign minister, Israel
Angela Merkel, chancellor, Germany
Barack Obama, U.S. senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, speaker, U.S. House of Representatives
David Petraeus, commanding general, U.S. Army
Pope Benedict XVI
Condoleezza Rice, U.S. secretary of state
John Roberts, Chief Justice, U.S. Supreme Court
Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor, California

...http://www.adweek.com/fishbowlny/times-100-most-influential-includes-borat-bin-laden-obama-tyra-not-you/5949

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by kobonaire(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2015
Welcome to NL, land of misinformation grin
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by kobonaire(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2015
geoworldedu:

Don't talk without making research because OSAMA BIN LADEN made the list in 2007 ..,
exactly ...,, but that's how misinformed some folks can be on NL .... cheesy
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by geoworldedu: 7:39am On Apr 18, 2015
kobonaire:

Exactly ...,, but that's how misinformed some folks can be on NL .... cheesy

Abi o. Instead of them to go and read the criteria TIMES MAGAZINE is using to judge, theu will be here yarning trash. Mtcheeeew!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by geoworldedu: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
Rooney will play midfield against chelsa!

And he will definitely make no impact
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 9jatatafo(m): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2015
Now the a line has been drawn. More terrorists and militants are now encouraged to continue their dastardly acts.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Bloggz74(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS!
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!

U said it all my brother.right on point!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by humblesteve(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Tundeiab:
that we all know bro...

I stand to be corrected though! Was Osama's name ever published in that list before he was killed. If no, then something is fishy.
Is quite unfortunate you're just knowing

Wake up bro!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ClassyAdewumi(m): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2015
geoworldedu:

And he will definitely make no impact
for your church mind!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by tsdarkside(m): 8:37am On Apr 18, 2015
why you dey vex..

what do you await from white-devils...they are the devil,satan,lucifer,deceiver,,,your bible is trying to tell you,na you dont want to believe.. angry angry

when did anything,that they do,made sense to you... angry angry angry
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by mmsen: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2015
Prinzemel:
ThIs is so. UnreasOnable, giving praise for uNjust acts. Still watching.

It isn't praise.

When newspapers report that terrorists have murdered people is that praise? Boko Haram has had an effect on West Africa by forcing Nigeria to work with its neighbors to get rid of it - that is influence.

You seem to misunderstand the word 'influential' - you do not need to be positive to be an influence. It is possible to be a destructive influence.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2015
holatin:
shame on you and your animalistic thinking, what stop GEJ from destroying the agenda of destabilizing his regime.

in as much as I don't like shakau been featured as an influential person, GEJ failed himself and Nigerian, stop crying foul that they are trying to paint him black, he caused his misfortune.

or have you forgotten this statement

I UNDERSTIMATE BOKO HARAM

that word carries a lot of weight

why are u insulting me? does it mean that u cant say ur opinion without insulting others on NL?
To God be the glory nothing is been taking out of my body for ur insult.
Let pray n await what the puppet n animal in human skin buhari will do for Nigeria.
pls stop insulting me cos we dont have problems that will warrant ur insult.
my kind regards.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:
Terrorism is captivating.

That is why they do it, that is why they kill, to gain attention.

So yes, he is influential - he has captured the world's attention.

Just as Bin Laden did.

Just as the Red Brigade, Bader Meinhof and other European groups did in the 1970s.

Just as the IRA did.

Just as ETA have done.

Violence captures the imagination.
and how come dey didn't include ds people (except osama) in dere magazine? Not even the isis butcher 'john'
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 10:02am On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:

I don't understand your seemingly endorsement. Why wasn't Tinubu enlisted?

Shekau didn't truncate GEJ's govt. GEJ wld have still performed if he had the political will.Do u recall the insurgency brought abt Almajiri schools? Inferring form your comment, he was doing a master's bidding-the west?

Bros endorsement in what way na? As u had said, why wasn't tinubu enlisted for ensure that Nigeria has credible opposition?

Whichever way u want to judge it from, Nigerians hated GEJ more for the incessant killing by BH on innocent civilians n nothing more. That it self is enough to kill someone relationship with the people.
Are we na saying that , the illiteracy of the north was cos by GEJ? the Almajire sch was good gesture by GEJ to the north to enable them learn of which their northern leaders could not provide for them over their 30yrs of ruling Nigeria.

While Awolowo n zik were busy providing free edu to to get their pple educated, the northern leaders were afraid to do same for their people all for the fear of western influence.
The north sud as a matter of fact be greatful to gej for doing something which their own leaders could not do.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by gragraboy: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2015
fritiyo:
He was list as one of the influential people for destabilizing GEJ govt and not for anything else.

why didn't they enlist him in the previous ones? why na that GEJ as been defeated of the presidency?
The aim as been achieved so he is na awarded for ensuring that GEJ govt was painted black by the people.
And gej took the bait by refusing to deal with them when he could have done so
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2015
Lizabeth25:
So u are still taking pain killer on top Jonathan's head pain? The earlier you accept CHANGE, the better for you! Because weather u like it or not, BUHARI don win and there is nothing u can do about it except you've decided to jump into the Lagoon.!

Why twisting my words to suit ur gullible thinking style?

Did I, in my statement mention buhari wining or govt or did i said that am against buhari ruling me and nigerians in general?

pls read in between line so as to say meaningful thing to others.

Does it mean that shakue na bear buhari as name or u jst want to bring matter of BH leader n put buhari on it.
u know ur type are already in the lagoon so no need to flog a died horse like u to jump into the lagoon.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2015
gragraboy:

And gej took the bait by refusing to deal with them when he could have done so
well u are right, gej sud have taken steps to ensure that BH was dealt with long before na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kingsley Otuaro Preaches At Warri Prison As Inmates Repent / 2019 Election: Igbos Give Buhari Tough Condition, Want Vice President / We Must Not Bequeath Anarchy To The Next Generation - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.