Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize (22304 Views)

Cj’s Refusal To Swear Me In, An Affront On The Rule Of Law – Uche Ogah / How Shekau Raped And Made Me Pregnant For Him - Escapee Prisoner / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 3:17am On Apr 18, 2015
Adolf Hitler was the first runner up for Man of the Century 1900 - 1999.
It doesn't matter whether the influence was positive or negative, yes Shekau is/was influential.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by betty202020(m): 3:32am On Apr 18, 2015
kodded:
take you deserve it cheesy

with this, GOD will bring America to its knees. America will soon fall to the hands of their enemies. as they played game with the lives of more than 20,000 Nigerians, GOD will play game with the existence of america if they are behind or aided the calamity that bedeviled Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by middlebelter(m): 3:41am On Apr 18, 2015
It is time for us to use all the available medium to express our displeasure to such insensitive recognition and demand the times magazine to retract the absurd categorization otherwise they should test the stupidity of their publication by enlisting Osama Bin Laden or ISIS commanders as the 100th most influential person as see how the Americans and white house will respond. A set of insensitive publishers that are only happy to publish bad news on Africa. Perharps TIMES MAGAZINE is one of the sponsors of Boko Haram.Americans should call for their investigation for giving tacit support to TERRORISM!

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by OracleMxNelson(m): 4:16am On Apr 18, 2015
[size=18pt]where is Osama Bin Laden on that list? [/size]
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by OracleMxNelson(m): 4:18am On Apr 18, 2015
kelvin100:
Adolf Hitler was the first runner up for Man of the Century 1900 - 1999.
It doesn't matter whether the influence was positive or negative, yes Shekau is/was influential.
where is Osama Bin Laden on that
list?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by tartar9(m): 4:41am On Apr 18, 2015
does he know the meaning of influential? even Hitler was time magazine man of the year
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by rileest: 4:55am On Apr 18, 2015
You all commenting don't seem to know the history of this TIME's magazine Influential list..At least 10-15% of this list every year has always been bad people.

TIMES only look at how these people have been able to affect the world, the economy, how often they make the news and all that, they don't care If It's in a positive or negative way. Every terrorist leader of the past Decade, Cartel Leaders and even the North Korean Dictator have consistently made the list every year so, this is not about conspiracy or particularly about Shekau, that is how it has always been

3 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by mansam15: 4:58am On Apr 18, 2015
People dont understand english again has shekau and bok8 haram has single handedly slowed economic growth, caused millions of people to move away from their homes nd even determined d outcome of an election . They have affected all our lives thats why they r on that list . Its not glorifying terrorism , its just the simple truth

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 18, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:
JEEZ!!! Witches plenty for Nairaland. Una no dey sleep for night? shocked shocked shocked shocked

in other news, they said "Influential". D Id.iat influenced nigeria negatively

mansam15:
People dont understand english again has shekau and bok8 haram has single handedly slowed economic growth, caused millions of people to move away from their homes nd even determined d outcome of an election . They have affected all our lives thats why they r on that list . Its not glorifying terrorism , its just the simple truth

rileest:
You all commenting don't seem to know the history of this TIME's magazine Influential list..At least 10-15% of this list every year has always been bad people.

TIMES only look at how these people have been able to affect the world, the economy, how often they make the news and all that, they don't care If It's in a positive or negative way. Every terrorist leader of the past Decade, Cartel Leaders and even the North Korean Dictator have consistently made the list every year so, this is not about conspiracy or particularly about Shekau, that is how it has always been

Thank you! People are too quick to assume it means positive influence. Like I mentioned in another thread, Hitler was Times' Man of the Year once. Doesn't necessarily mean Good Man of the Year undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by allbright(m): 5:13am On Apr 18, 2015
But the Nigerian Army told us sometime ago that this same shekau had been killed by them! SMH!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Justicealh3(m): 5:24am On Apr 18, 2015
Are we free?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by texazzpete(m): 5:29am On Apr 18, 2015
This is a pretty bizarre topic, and it seems more like a circlejerk for unintelligent folks to opine about the 'evils of the West'.

There is no definition of the word 'influence' that makes it exclusively refer to good people. And a good portion of the annual Time list has always been reserved for villains that wield considerable influence.

The OP displays a distressing level of idiocy.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by InvertedHammer: 5:32am On Apr 18, 2015
Shekau singlehandedly proved that Jonathan is a dunce.
Just like SA is burning and every president is spitting fire, did Jonathan make a statement? No! That's your hero.

The same lacklustre approach he used on the Chibok saga. GEJ doesn't know any better and the sooner he gets out of the way, the better.

I keep imagining if GEJ had scrambled the air force, keep the army moving just to prove that Chibok was a hoax, his ratings would have been very high everywhere. Instead he went dancing and jubiliating in a birthday party.

Such insensitivity to humanity deserves corporal punishment. All I can say is --good riddance to rubbish.
/
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by slap1(m): 5:36am On Apr 18, 2015
A few years ago, there was a protest because an architect designed a house that looked like the twin towers going up in flames on 9/11.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:
"There's no so such thing as bad publicity". This saying lately, has been given credence to by Times Magazine with its' enlistment of Shekau as one of the hundred most influential people in the world. In the last 24 hours, the social media have been awashed with Shekau making the list. Notably, Buhari and Chiamanda did same. With due respect to the past and present inductees, I have always ruminated on the yardstick for such enlistment. I thought good deeds alone, hold sway for such. This remains faux to me and its' process lacking objectivity.

Today, my trepidation and disdain have been brought to bare. Shekau making the list of hundred most influential people is an affront and show of insensitivity to the Nigeria people by Times magazine. How can Times magazine forget the several bomb blasts that have snuffed lives, properties, crippled cities and the economy of the North west et al;all masterminded by Shekau and his draconian group?

The #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign is still on and few days ago marked its one year of struggles and solidarity. Far away in the North east our, gallant soldiers are viciously combating the insurgents and they record deaths everyday. Shekau and his group have no doubt meted unprecedented pains to Nigerians and also threatened our existence as one yet, all Times Magazine could do was to enlist him as being influential. I have been waiting impatiently, for Nigeria's media houses to read the riot act to Times Magazine and smear them with invectives but that isn't forthcoming.

Should we begin to see terrorism and violence as ways to being influential?

*Ublaize
Nigerians prefer to rant about pointless topics. Please what is the meaning of influential? As far as my english notes tell me, Shekau is influential in a bad way though...If You don't like it, join the service arm and work towards snuffing them out, else fill in these blank spaces .s...............
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by lordsharks(m): 5:44am On Apr 18, 2015
funny
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Prinzemel(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:
Terrorism is captivating.

That is why they do it, that is why they kill, to gain attention.

So yes, he is influential - he has captured the world's attention.

Just as Bin Laden did.

Just as the Red Brigade, Bader Meinhof and other European groups did in the 1970s.

Just as the IRA did.

Just as ETA have done.

Violence captures the imagination.
ThIs is so. UnreasOnable, giving praise for uNjust acts. Still watching.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ideykwum: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2015
You are an uncouth animal that isn't even fit for the zoo! You lack home-training, intellect and even basic humanity, that some dogs express! And guess what? You're most likely going to be consumed by the pit you dig for others, verbally or physical! Welcome to the reality of your dysfunction!

abduljabbar4:

Astana come and see the reason I said let the south Africans kill the Igbos only. Why can't you just say Boko Haram killing people? Must you say killing THEIR OWN?
And you expect all Nigerians to pity you people. I only pity Nigerians from other tribes and the citizens of other countries

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 18, 2015
Khalessi:
He's right...Osama bin laden never made this list even though he was and still remains one of the most influential terrorist. Even the ISIS non of their commanders made the list. Anything Africa is treated without sensitivity.
AFRICAN LIVES MATTERS!
SCREW TIMES MAGAZINE!
I can't take a magazine that lists a porñ star as influential seriously.
Osama made the list in 2007.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ideykwum: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2015
That guy's stupidity does not need to be corrected! A dog destined for destruction does not hear the hunter's whistle! Please no need to correct his senses with simple logic! In his clear bigotry, anyone who has an issue with the North must be an Igboman! I have an issue with the North...and I'm not Igbo!

abduljabbar4, you'd reap what you sow! Mark my words!!

okonri:

What makes you think he's Igbo, and why should anybody kill anybody at all?

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 18, 2015
Velocitron:

Thank you! People are too quick to assume it means positive influence. Like I mentioned in another thread, Hitler was Times' Man of the Year once. Doesn't necessarily mean Good Man of the Year undecided
Don't mind them jare. Times did not say their list is based on the good people are doing. Shekau is like the most wanted man in Africa right now, that is as influential as influential can be.

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ideykwum: 6:16am On Apr 18, 2015
He is a foolish coward that can only rant on the Internet! Let him step into Sabon Gari in Kano and make such a statement! Yes, Kano his backyard! I'm not sure he'd even dream of it anywhere down East! Toothless and deranged bulldog!!

NZEGWUAGU:
and since you hate Igbos so much why wait for South Africans to do the killing for you? Why don't you start now to kill the Igbos so that you can satisfy your thirst for blood? Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ideykwum: 6:17am On Apr 18, 2015
With these "Christian Mother" arms? Just joking! You can be what you want to be! Wish you luck!

MissyDivah:
Someday I will also make the list tongue
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 18, 2015
middlebelter:
It is time for us to use all the available medium to express our displeasure to such insensitive recognition and demand the times magazine to retract the absurd categorization otherwise they should test the stupidity of their publication by enlisting Osama Bin Laden or ISIS commanders as the 100th most influential person as see how the Americans and white house will respond. A set of insensitive publishers that are only happy to publish bad news from Africa. Perharps TIMES MAGAZINE is one of the sponsors of Boko Haram.Americans should call for their investigation for giving tacit support to TERRORISM!
Osama made the list in 2007
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 18, 2015
Yes they are right He is one of the most influential person after influencing election in the most populous black nation.....
Some Foolish Nigerians calling them selves agents of CHANGE still don't know that insecurity was created to make GEJ look week and incapable by the northern "Born to Rule"
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by dvee2: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2015
What kind of graduates are we producing in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by DaBullIT(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2015
Pipsland78:
And Shekau and his boys be like...

GEJ don pay

Shout halleluyah
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by san316(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2015
The first thread that was opened on this issue looked like a joke to me so I didn't comment. Seeing it make fp got me all perplexed like "dah fuq?!!!" Shekau influential? That's incredible. But those white pigs really got nerves.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by kristisking(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2015
Buhari once said Bokoharam are freedom fighters . Time magazine needs not to blame, rather we should blame Nigerians who describe those beasts as marginalized set of people who are fighting for their rights.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Tundeiab(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2015
humblesteve:
Influential can be categorised in two forms; bad influence and good influence.
that we all know bro...

I stand to be corrected though! Was Osama's name ever published in that list before he was killed. If no, then something is fishy.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Strongfaze(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2015
Everything seems to have gone wrong under this present administration. Time made it worse, but only Time can heal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Youth Accuses Buhari Of Witch-hunting / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / 2019 Presidency: What Peter Obi Did To Me In 2014 – Gov. El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.