Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize (22298 Views)

Cj’s Refusal To Swear Me In, An Affront On The Rule Of Law – Uche Ogah / How Shekau Raped And Made Me Pregnant For Him - Escapee Prisoner / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by dBard: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:
Terrorism is captivating.

That is why they do it, that is why they kill, to gain attention.

So yes, he is influential - he has captured the world's attention.

Just as Bin Laden did.

Just as the Red Brigade, Bader Meinhof and other European groups did in the 1970s.

Just as the IRA did.

Just as ETA have done.

Violence captures the imagination.

The ISIS commander/ leader Baghdadadi, is presently one of the most / if not the most influential person in the world right now, did he make d list??
Did Osama bin Laden, whose influence led to the creation of ISIS and Boko haram, ever make the list
If the Times list is now also about the infamous, then they all should be included.
This is the Height of insensitivity...
and typical of the Whites double facedness , especially in all things African.
To hell with TIME magazine sha
#neveragain
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by mmsen: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2015
dBard:

The ISIS commander/ leader Baghdadadi, is presently one of the most / if not the most influential person in the world right now, did he make d list??
Did Osama bin Laden, whose influence led to the creation of ISIS and Boko haram, ever make the list
If the Times list is now also about the infamous, then they all should be included.
This is the Height of insensitivity...
and typical of the Whites double facedness , especially in all things African.
To hell with TIME magazine sha
#neveragain

Bin Laden has made the list, more than once.

I personally do not care who makes any list.

My question to you and people like is - why do you keep acting surprised when Europeans display their bigotry/insensitivity? You should know by now that it is ingrained in their culture.

Why does their opinion matter so much to you?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 989900: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:
Terrorism is captivating.

That is why they do it, that is why they kill, to gain attention.

So yes, he is influential - he has captured the world's attention.

Just as Bin Laden did.

Just as the Red Brigade, Bader Meinhof and other European groups did in the 1970s.

Just as the IRA did.

Just as ETA have done.

Violence captures the imagination.

You know what that does to youths? You make them see that animal (can't even stoop to type his name), as some hero.

Growing up as youths in the 80s, we wanted to be like Rambo, Arnold, and e.t.c. Hell, some even wanted to become celebrated as 'Shina-Rambo', and Anini, and Osunbor . . .now you label this despicable thing as 'influential'?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 989900: 10:32am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:

My question to you and people like is - why do you keep acting surprised when Europeans display their bigotry/insensitivity? You should know by now that it is ingrained in their culture.

Thank you. As innovative and smart as they are, they have a large part of their brain skewed.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by mmsen: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
989900:

You know what that does to youths? You make them see that animal (can't even stoop to type his name), as some hero.

Growing up as youths in the 80s, we wanted to be like Rambo, Arnold, and e.t.c. Hell, some even wanted to become celebrated as 'Shina-Rambo', and Anini, and Osunbor . . .now you label this despicable thing as 'influential'?

Your English is atrocious if you think that hero and influential are the same thing.

No one said anything about being heroic.

Go find out what 'infuential' actually means.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 989900: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2015
The animal knows fo'sho' deep inside him, there is no way they are ever gon' win with their ideologies.

The only realistic thing they know they'd get is funding and fame/attention -- and 'TIME' just gave them both.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2015
grin......E dey pain u.? Gaga..!

You don't need to say it before someone pick the meaning of your statement. Between you and I, you knows that was what. U ment.! Sorry about the lagoon thing!

fritiyo:

Why twisting my words to suit ur gullible thinking style?

Did I, in my statement mention buhari wining or govt or did i said that am against buhari ruling me and nigerians in general?

pls read in between line so as to say meaningful thing to others.

Does it mean that shakue na bear buhari as name or u jst want to bring matter of BH leader n put buhari on it.
u know ur type are already in the lagoon so no need to flog a died horse like u to jump into the lagoon.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by 989900: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:

Your English is atrocious if you think that hero and influential are the same thing.

No one said anything about being heroic.

Go find out what 'infuential' actually means.

Let go off my poor command of English for now.

How about you read what I typed earlier, and tell us how you passed comprehension classes.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by dBard: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:

It doesn't, but personally, I'll rather NOT get used to it so I can keep demanding for my respect than get used to it and let the 'bullshit' continue.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by yaskarahyelhope(f): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:
"There's no so such thing as bad publicity". This saying lately, has been given credence to by Times Magazine with its' enlistment of Shekau as one of the hundred most influential people in the world. In the last 24 hours, the social media have been awashed with Shekau making the list. Notably, Buhari and Chiamanda did same. With due respect to the past and present inductees, I have always ruminated on the yardstick for such enlistment. I thought good deeds alone, hold sway for such. This remains faux to me and its' process lacking objectivity.

Today, my trepidation and disdain have been brought to bare. Shekau making the list of hundred most influential people is an affront and show of insensitivity to the Nigeria people by Times magazine. How can Times magazine forget the several bomb blasts that have snuffed lives, properties, crippled cities and the economy of the North west et al;all masterminded by Shekau and his draconian group?

The #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign is still on and few days ago marked its one year of struggles and solidarity. Far away in the North east our, gallant soldiers are viciously combating the insurgents and they record deaths everyday. Shekau and his group have no doubt meted unprecedented pains to Nigerians and also threatened our existence as one yet, all Times Magazine could do was to enlist him as being influential. I have been waiting impatiently, for Nigeria's media houses to read the riot act to Times Magazine and smear them with invectives but that isn't forthcoming.

Should we begin to see terrorism and violence as ways to being influential?

*Ublaize

Y are U complaining? No be their Oga dey for seat? Anything is abt to come and go in Naija very soon. But d God who is sits in heaven will laugh dem to scorn. Y do U think Obama promised to work with buhari. This is to shows their seriousness. Una wan shangy, e dey for Una domot O. Stop complaining coz wen U sell ya soul to d devil, it needs no complaints except by d mercy of God!

My people just keep praying for d betterment of Naija. Prepare yaself in case death meet and U will fund peace and solace in God's blossom.

God bless Y'all!!!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by petkoffDrake(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2015
MissyDivah:
Someday I will also make the list tongue

do u mean list of joining boko haram group?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
My fellow Nigerians. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. It is not everything that is "against you/against Gej"

Osama Bin laden was on Times list the same year with Obama. 2007. Americans didnt complain.

Shekau is on the list noy because they hate you but because he is influential though in a negative way. The world talks about him every day. He is talked about on nairaland every single day. Nigeria has spent billions of dollars just because of him. A lot of young youth corpers and graduates have refused to go to the north because of him. Whether you agree or not, he is influential.

Personally I hope he Is killed soon.

But I wont blame western media for all my problems. Develop NTA dont hate!
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Sponge3(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
So Y didn't Osama make their previous list after 9/11 ?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ernecy(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Astana come and see the reason I said let the south Africans kill the Igbos only. Why can't you just say Boko Haram killing people? Must you say killing THEIR OWN?
And you expect all Nigerians to pity you people. I only pity Nigerians from other tribes and the citizens of other countries
Bros neva expected such comment from u cry ,so u will be happy if the igbos are killed in SA. All u shud have done was to correct d statement not to put fire to the flame.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by holatin(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
fritiyo:

why are u insulting me? does it mean that u cant say ur opinion without insulting others on NL?
To God be the glory nothing is been taking out of my body for ur insult.
Let pray n await what the puppet n animal in human skin buhari will do for Nigeria.
pls stop insulting me cos we dont have problems that will warrant ur insult.
my kind regards.
you called buharia puppet in human skin, does that sound like an eulogy to you ?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Ublaize: 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
zubyarchangel:
Nigerians prefer to rant about pointless topics. Please what is the meaning of influential? As far as my english notes tell me, Shekau is influential in a bad way though...If You don't like it, join the service arm and work towards snuffing them out, else fill in these blank spaces .s...............
Oh pls, save ur sermon! U call this pointless?
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by ndcide(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:

Can u prove it pls? I refuse to hold such beer parlour or rather cosmetic opinion

If you don't agree with him, then Bokoharam never existed. Or you may have better reasons for the Police HQ , UN building, Mandala, nyanya bombings and hundreds of other bombings and killings.

on other other hand, shekau deserved to be in the list.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by fritiyo: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=holatin post=32858416]you called buharia puppet in human skin, does that sound like an eulogy to you ?[/quote

when u were calling GEJ all kinds of names does it sound like eulogies to u?
So long as buhari is concern, he will continue to be under insult as GEJ was exposed to ad the president of nigeria.

am only against ur insult on person cos i wont insult for ur opinion on issues concerning all of us.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ublaize:

Oh pls, save ur sermon! U call this pointless?
you tell me
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Prinzemel(m): 7:13am On May 16, 2015
mmsen:

You seem to misunderstand the word 'influential' - you do not need to be positive to be an influence. It is possible to be a destructive influence.
I understand but bh are fighting for nothing cos dey indulge in practices that they are orally against. I won't be wrong to say that I acknowledge the economic importance of cocKroach which has little or no far reaching effect on the economy as influential than the course bh stands for.(From my own point of view) as it hurts sha...
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by asapeola(m): 7:29am On May 16, 2015
Apparently sum pple no go skool to understand what d word "influential" means!!!

Pls dnt be emotional its the truth!

Shekau and bokoharam have killed more people than any other known terrorist group to the extent that even ISIL denied boko haram!!!

We as nigerians r suffering untold interrogation all over the world even from civilians in other countries askin us wat r we doin abt the chibok girls n boko haram

Buh u here in your cave dnt no that there's probably only very few countries that haven't heard of boko haram or the chibok girls saga!

Nigeria was placed on terrorist alert list by US sumtym ago esp after d mutallab issue.

So quit shouting n be objective. Yes Abubakar Shekau was/is influential! Evil influence tho.
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by Ublaize: 3:07am On May 24, 2015
asapeola With your lame submission we should believe u are opinated?

Shekau's infuence is only circumscribed/limited amongst his fellow Boko members. That's where it stops. Shekau has no influence on the outer world. It's the gravity of his nefarious misdemeanours that makes him seemingly influential. The idi.ot isn't !
Re: Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize by asapeola(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2015
Ublaize:
asapeola With your lame submission we should believe u are opinated?

Shekau's infuence is only circumscribed/limited amongst his fellow Boko members. That's where it stops. Shekau has no influence on the outer world. It's the gravity of his nefarious misdemeanours that makes him seemingly influential. The idi.ot isn't !

For ur mind!
Did you know osama bin laden made dis same Forbes list a couple of times! Even Hitler!! U say shekau dnt av an influence but even d UN sec. Gen can pronounce his name.

Abubakar shekau is a world renowned terrorist n he his influential!
Take it or leave it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS: Presiding Officers Residences Uncompleted (Photo) / Nigerian Government Shifts Blame On Petrol Price Increase / Edo2016: Photos From APC Rally In Auchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.