Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks (72164 Views)

Xenophobia: International Criminal Court To Probe Zuma, Zulu King / Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Ajerry: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
milychocs:
@ Ajerry
cool ....beautiful poem
..keep it up

thanks it from my heart really sad anyway that my contact you can reach me On
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by ernecy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Some psycho kings running wild dis day. I dub thee the dumb leopard king

And the congregation shall say!!!

Amen!!!!!
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by shizzleStar: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
There's really no difference between his comment and that of oba of lagoon.

Dumb king like the dumb oba. Silly, envious, hate-filled scumbags undeserving of that traditional stool they hold.

Bleeping fvcktards!

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by JohnsonEmma(m): 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Make God judge am if na true or lie.
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by VantagePoint: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
I certainly won't be happy if someone comes to take over my opportunities, in my land.
I'd be unhappy, though not incited to violence.
And I'd hope the usurpers would leave, allowing me to get employed and not compete with foreigners, in my own land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Gmajor(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
temitemi1:
Animal in human skin...
More like animal in animal skin

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by dokson(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kings like this animal of south Africa zulu king or whatever it is should be taken for psychiatric test and get his brain examined. If not madness i don't think any responsible king will make such violent triggered utterances, he fails to realised that his people resides and do business in other part of the world. He should be arrested, dethroned and prosecuted .
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by udysweet(f): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lmao! Abi o,she no see dis type go kidnap ,na innocent kids her power reach!
jamex93:
he will die in the lagoon

wey DAT house maid, make she come go kidnap that man come
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Ethereal0110(f): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Shaka Zulu Fada Yansh !!
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by yaskarahyelhope(f): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
ikelvin:
Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi's utterances on March 23rd launched the Zenophobic attacks in South Africa and he had refused to apologize, even after finding out that his people have maimed, killed and destroyed businesses belonging to black foreigners. He's still insisting that foreigners should go back to their countries but tried to save face by saying attacking the foreigners is not how to chase them away. He wants the government to do it legally.

During a speech last month, Zwelithini called for the deportation of foreign nationals living in the country, saying it was unacceptable locals were being made to compete with people from other countries for the few economic opportunities they had available. King Zwelithi said "foreigners must pack their bags and go home".

His three major complaints and why he wanted foreigners to go were; 1. SA traders in the townships said they could not compete with the prices that foreign-owned businesses were selling their products. 2; foreigners involved in crime. 3. Lack of respect shown by foreigners to locals.

Addressing Pongolo community members during a moral regeneration event, Zwelithini accused government of failing to protect locals from the “influx of foreign nationals”. He said;
“Most government leaders do not want to speak out on this  matter because they are scared  of losing votes.  As the king of the Zulu nation, I cannot tolerate a situation where we are being led by leaders with no views whatsoever.
“We are requesting those who come from outside to please go back to their countries. The fact that there were countries that played a role in the country’s struggle for liberation should not be used as an excuse to create a situation where foreigners are allowed to inconvenience locals. I know you were in their countries during the struggle for liberation. But the fact of the matter is you did not set up businesses in their countries."
His comments were widely condemned with the SA DA describing it “highly irresponsible' 'Particularly given the recent spate of xenophobic attacks in South Africa, he should do the right thing – retract and apologise,”

He didn't and his spokesman went on record to say the King had nothing to apologize for, that he meant every word he said.
“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech. He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed. The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally. Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking. We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right.” His spokesman said
After the killing spread across different cities, the king has relented a little and is planning to speak to his people this Monday in an effort to quell the attacks. He's expected to address the public directly and clarify his statement and ask his people to stop the violence which his words started..

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/meet-south-african-king-whose-remarks.html?m=1

He looks like a beast in human covering. So cannibal looking!

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
And someone would say Oba's statement should be wished away. Now you see the weight of such utterance.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
Neatboy:
Oba of Lagos said worst but his people are so enlighten that they ignored and even castigated him. But the Zulu King said less but his people are acting worst. This shows the content of both countries. One has more foolish people but the other has lesser.
my dear, now they see clearer what such statement can trigger.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by MizzToluwalase(f): 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Chai der is God ooooooo. Those blood u re making ur pple sharing angry there. Is. God oooo
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by forbisi: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
temitemi1:
Animal in human skin...
Rather, animal in animal skin.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Onyenaenyo: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
In a world lighted by freedom and its habits of democracy and free market economics,which has seen the world advance more in less than 200 years than it ever did since the beginning of time, can someone tell me the real relevance of these relics of some crude and cruel past from which we all seek to leave behind.

These effigies of the past only derive relevance in fomenting trouble and highlighting divisiveness.
The other day it was the Oba,today it is Zulu king, who knows the next.

There is need for the powers of freedom to further reduce the power and relevance of these discord actors in the name of traditional rulers who seem so filled with remnants of ancient aggression to think of peaceful co-existence before they destroy what they cannot rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by juman(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
Their problem in that country is bad and incompetent leaders. Leaders that cannot deliver good governance.
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by m1500: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Behold AFRICAN ADOLF HITLER; heartlessness personified!
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by JiggamanGh: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
SmoothCrim:
Never forget Ghana must go. which was worse than South Africa. Why do you continue to laugh at that? Change your ways and leave the poor people in South Africa alone!

In Ghana must go some Nigerians stole Ghanaians food and watched them starve to death.

Leave Ghana must go alone and stay in the present. Yes Ghana must go was horrible but this a new day the world has evolved and that's what makes what some South Africans are doing horrible.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by SmoothCrim: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Leave Ghana must go alone and stay in the present. Yes Ghana must go was horrible but this a new day the world has evolved and that's what makes what some South Africans are doing horrible.

When people alive today continue to say things like Ghana must Go, it should not be left alone... People died and it is disrespectful to make fun of them by even saying it... So as long as it continues to be a joke then it should be remembered over and over. RIP to the victims of Ghana Must Go and may their killers face justice either here on earth or in eternity!!!
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by m1500: 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
ikelvin:

The fact that there were countries that played a role in the country’s struggle for liberation should not be used as an excuse to create a situation where foreigners are allowed to inconvenience locals. I know you were in their countries during the struggle for liberation. But the fact of the matter is you did not set up businesses in their countries."

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/meet-south-african-king-whose-remarks.html?m=1

This CANNIBALISTIC LEOPARD OF A "KING" should be told that his people are in Nigeria displacing other Nigerian businesses: he should be told about MTN, Shoprite, IBTC etc. He should be told how stupendously prosperous these companies have become just because they do business in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by gidjah(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
I really hope there is no self acclaimedLagosian or yoruba man insulting this self acclaimed ' honourable amiable king'?else it will be termed as living in self denial and hypochrisy!when we were condeming the foolish oba of lagos, some local lagosians were like' the oba has spoken, he can't retrieve his words back , he is saying the right thing ..,,bla bla bla ! Thank God for few honest politicians like tinubu and the rest that spoke against him in the open, I hope we can now see that a king can be very foolish atimes,very sefish atimes, and very drunk ! Pls let us confirm from his subjects whether He is High On ORIGIN like our oba here in lagos !!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by omojeesu(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
UNFORTUNATE. SHAMEFUL. AGENT OF DARKNESS. HE HAS CREATED CRISIS 'TO STEAL. TO KILL AND TO DESTROY' AS JESUS SAID.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by Curvinus(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
King of the toilet superintending over mud shacks and race traitors. They will all burn for it.
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by JiggamanGh: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
SmoothCrim:

When people alive today continue to say things like Ghana must Go, it should not be left alone... People died and it is disrespectful to make fun of them by even saying it... So as long as it continues to be a joke then it should be remembered over and over. RIP to the victims of Ghana Must Go and may their killers face justice either here on earth or in eternity!!!

I agree that nigerians need to stop calling that bag Ghana must go and I have argued about it with many nigerians, but that's not the topic at hand.

Ghana must go happened long ago so let's leave it in the past. What's going on South Africa is just wrong and many South Africans are saying the same thing. The world is now a global village so it baffles me as to why they expect no foreigners in the country.
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by m1500: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Iyanusele:
I will MAKE IT VERY BIG in Nigeria in Jesus name

Most Nigerians abroad are not in any way better than those at home. why do we like to subject ourselves to hardships & bitterness all in the name of staying outside Nigeria......

NIGERIA IS MY FATHERLAND!!!
seconded!
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by SmoothCrim: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

I agree that nigerians need to stop calling that bag Ghana must go and I have argued about it with many nigerians, but that's not the topic at hand.

Ghana must go happened long ago so let's leave it in the past. What's going on South Africa is just wrong and many South Africans are saying the same thing. The world is now a global village so it baffles me as to why they expect no foreigners in the country.

If you live in the richest country in Africa and are living on 28 dollars a month you may become xenophobic... The real solution is everybody developing their own country. Migration within Africa has never helped any country and has historically only caused problems. Can you give me a case of successful migration within Africa?? Africans are generally xenophobic so it is best for one to develop their own country and avoid being killed by criminals lacking empathy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by idris4eva(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Iyanusele:
I will MAKE IT VERY BIG in Nigeria in Jesus name

Most Nigerians abroad are not in any way better than those at home. why do we like to subject ourselves to hardships & bitterness all in the name of staying outside Nigeria......

NIGERIA IS MY FATHERLAND!!!
my brother you have said it all.....some of us staying in these country are far better than those outside the county.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by hardayemejose(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
I tink many are opportuned bt few are knowledgable,no wonder he's still puttin on his animal body in the modern world of 2day
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by notoriousbabe: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
temitemi1:
Animal in human skin...
just like your hero and role model grin
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by m1500: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
MAJOLAUTOS:
Xenophobia is an act that should be criticized as it impacts the country that encourages its presence. The king's view on immigrants is very skewed. His unfounded conclusion on effects of immigrants on his people should be questioned as it clearly caused the upheaval according to the article. This is the reason people should investigate critical thoughts of a person before electing him or her as a leader.

While immigrants may affect the economic sustenance of citizens, they contribute to development of their(the citizens') country in a number of ways - economy, education, and so on. United States is a good case study herein. The mass flow of immigrants into the United States have not only improved the economy of the country but has aided the governments monetary power through tax. Study (Migration Policy, 2015) claimed that, as of 2013, 41.3 million immigrants live in the US, another source (Social Security, 2013) stated that average yearly wage in the US as of 2013 was $44888.16. Likewise, Now and Future (2014) estimated income tax in the US to be 10.1%. Subsequently, by synthesizing the number of immigrants, wage and respective income tax, one would infer the amount of yearly payments that go into US government's coffers through immigrants.

By using the assertion in the preceding paragraph, South Africa growth could be due to the immigrants. Therefore it is safe to say the king's view is very narrow.

References
Migration Policy,. 2015. Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States. [online] Available at: http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states. [Accessed 18 Apr. 2015].

Now and Future,. 2014. How much tax do we really pay?. [online] Available at: http://www.nowandfutures.com/taxes.html [Accessed 18 Apr. 2015].

Social Security,. 2013. National Average Wage Index. [online] Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/AWI.html [Accessed 18 Apr. 2015].

Thanks for this bit! I wonder why their anger is limited to the black immigrants; there are many other immigrants from other continents other than Africa who have very huge enterprises in SA.

1 Like

Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by jamex93(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
grin
udysweet:
Lmao! Abi o,she no see dis type go kidnap ,na innocent kids her power reach!

grin
Re: Meet Zulu King Godwill Zwelithi Whose Remarks Launched The Xenophobic Attacks by popesam1(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
In fela voice********** animal in crazeman skinning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obama's Health Care Bill Is a Harbinger of the Mark of the Beast / Russian Soldier Arrested After He Filmed Himself Raping A Baby In Ukraine / Giant Swarm Of Flying Ants, Looking Like Rain Captured Sweeping Over UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.